• Engineering Manager, Hybrids & Irons: Justin Girard
  • Design Engineer, Metalwoods: Alex Berger
  • SVP Marketing: Scott Blevins
  • Director Global Product Marketing: Michael Fox
  • SR Director Marketing: Jeff Wood

Live Q&A Link:

This thread will be the live link.

Giveaway:

15 GolfWRX members who have their questions answered will win brand new hybrids from Adams Pro series. Winners (chosen at random) will have the chance to choose from the Pro, Pro DHY or Pro Mini (stock shafts).

RECAP: CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE START OF THE Q&A
Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cphreycphrey #SLDRChallenger Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    I will pose my question now since I will be in Mexico getting married during this conversation...

Has joining the Taylormade family changed the way you market, produce products, or release new technology? Will Adams be accelerating their product cycle to be more in line with the TMaG release timelines?

Thanks guys!
    Callaway GBB 9* (set at 11*) Diamana S+ Blueboard 60X
    TM SLDR Mini 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m X
    TM SLDR 5 wood Matrix Black Tie 8m3 S
    TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    Callaway MD 2 54 & 58 KBS wedge
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
  • moymoiboymoymoiboy Members Posts: 350
    How interconnecting are Adams club designs and Taylormade designs, for example does Taylomade design for Adam's clubs completely or is it separate like there is Adam's design team and Taylormade's design team? If so do the two teams collaborate together regularly or generally both teams keep to themselves?

Thanks!
  • Wall-EWall-E Members Posts: 330 ✭✭
    What has the Adams R&D department been working on for the 2015-2016 season?
  • av1084av1084 Gooner Members Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any new plans for custom fitting consumers, or at least, more of a push to better allow consumers to be custom fit? As it stands, it is very difficult to buy Adams products due to the lack of fitting carts and systems in stores - at least to me.

Thanks!
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Project X LZ 6.5
    TEE CB5 15 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 05
    Mizuno CLK 17 Fujikura Speeder HB X
    Ping i500 3i Modus 120S
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-P Modus 120S
    Mizuno T7 53/60 Modus 120S
    Edel E-2
  • jabrchjabrch Members Posts: 3,915 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2014 #6
    "Own the Second Shot" is a BRILLIANT marketing idea Scott. What else can we expect to see as part of this campaign? Any events associated with the promotion?
    Ping G30 Tour 65
    Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
    Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
    Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
    Vokey 60 degree
    STX Putter
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Any truth Adams was/is thinking about doing some sort of MOI matching/fitting for their irons? I think this would be a great way to differentiate yourself if you even offered the option.
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • ram01002ram01002 Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2014 #8
    First off, I wanted to let you know that the DHy is the best club I have owned in the past 3 years . . . thanks for a great product! Can you talk about the trade off between CG and MOI?
  • rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, thank you Adams for making fantastic equipment. I've currently got a Fast 12 LS that cycles in and out of my bag (depending on the course I'm playing and wind conditions) as well as Tight Lies and Super 9031 that are going to be in the bag for a LONG time. I'm wearing an Adams golf hat as we speak as well! My question is, being in my 20s, many of my playing partners comment on my Adams gear and clubs and ask me why I'm playing "old man clubs." Although I love the gear, I can't disagree with the perception that Adams gear is played by a predominantly older crowd. In light of this, is Adams planning to branch out and try and sign some newer, younger stars to help boost their sales and appeal with a younger golfing crowd? I know far too many golfers my age who don't even give Adams clubs a shot (huge mistake, IMO), and I can't help but feel that their decision is made largely in part because of the lack of high-profile, younger stars sponsored by Adams.

Thanks again, keep making great clubs (especially with "real-deal" shafts, which us GolfWRX members all appreciate), and I'll keep buying! Those XTD forged irons are calling my name...
    Callaway Epic SZ 11* ACCRA TZ6 
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TM TP UDI 21* Nunchuk Xi
    Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 52, 58 Nippon Modus 115
    Byron Morgan 612
    Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
    Snell MTB Red
  • tbirds16tbirds16 Members Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭
    How do you decide which tour players to pursue to sign to play your clubs? Thanks.
  • MizgoodieMizgoodie golf happy! golf good! Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    its known I like Adams stuff. 2 questions

1. what points on the xtd driver face are tested?

2. is anything new for the wedges for 2014 and beyond?

thanks for the time and chat.
  • ORUTRAVISORUTRAVIS Members Posts: 284 ✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2014 #12
    I was a big fan of the Hit Fit system and used it a lot when fitting. Is Adams looking to improve, update, or really push the system again? I know as the head club fitter at our store I was having our guys who didn't have the fitting expertise to use and it made them look like stars.

I think for the big box stores and pro shops this could essentially help fit more customers into proper hybrids and fairway woods. I would typically take a guy who may been looking for just one hybrid and be able to show him what set makeup would best suit his game. You guys know this already but I was disappointed to not see it updated at the arrival of the xtd launch.

I personally changed my own club setup using this system, now I am convinced it works. As a former touring pro it's not easy to take out the three and four irons but I have now found myself scoring better from outside 200 yards and that's exciting.

Sorry for the rant but I believe that if at all possible that system should be pushed again. Thanks for any information.

Travis
    CALLAWAY SUBZERO 9.5 Project X HZRDUS YELLOW
    CALLAWAY 816 14
    PING CROSSOVER 4H
    Ping I BLADES 4-PW NIPPON MODUS 105
    Callaway MD2 TG 54, 60 DGS400
    PING VOSS SLATE
  • mikes919mikes919 Fairway Bunker Aficionado Members Posts: 671 ✭✭
    For Justin Honea- I saw in a previous interview that you said the new XTD driver has the hottest face in golf because you hold such tight manufacturing tolerances. Does Adams use any special manufacturing processes to enable these tight tolerances? Or have you figured out new ways to design around traditional manufacturing methods?

Any plans to use the XTD irons' floating face technology on other clubs? It's a cool concept! I love my CB3's but the technology behind the XTD's is tempting.

Thanks Adams and Golfwrx!
  • JPNC1977JPNC1977 Members Posts: 530 ✭✭
    The CMB is a classic and still a favorite.

Any plans to add adjustability features to future hybrid lines?
  • browne11browne11 I'm a hockey player, playing golf today Members Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the sldr technology going to trickle into the Adams side of the company at anytime soon. Do you guys believe in the 17-1700 launch that Taylormade is pushing.

Thanks

Denny
    Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
    Ping G30 14.5 stiff
    Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
    Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
    Ping 54, 58 Tour S
    Taylormade DJ Spider Tour
  • GoldenhawkGoldenhawk Members Posts: 3,241 ✭✭
    Adams is definitely the most innovative company in golf. The CB3 Irons were awesome. Does Adams plan on releasing CB4 Irons in the future?
    Callawa Epci Flash, 9.0* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard 63
    Callaway Epic Flash, 15* 3-wood, Project X Evenflow 65
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 18* 5-wood, Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Redboard 73
    Titleist AP3, 4 to AW, True Temper AMT Black S300
    Titleist Vokey Wedges, 50*, 56* and 60*, M Grind, True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
  • gprubesgprubes twit: @shaeggy Members Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2014 #17
    With so many different hybird models and options available, what is the biggest factor in releasing a hybrid to the golfing public??

Thanks in advance (if you answer my question) and thanks for taking time to answer question for us GolfWRX'rs!!
    • Taylormade M3 440 9° - Fuji Motore Tour Spec VC 6.2 S
    • Ping G400 14.5° - Alta CB 75 S
    • Taylormade P790 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120 S
    • Honma TW737 18° - Vizard Type-Z 70 S 
    • Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S
    • Odyssey O-Works Black 1 Wide S w/Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc
  • AdamB.AdamB. PUMA/Cobra Fanatic Members Posts: 203
    Besides Adam(s) being a cool name image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />....my dad plays Adams irons (not sure which set) but has a tough time with them even though they are senior flex, I see your IDEA Irons have a wrap-around slot technology, could you expand on what this does and would it help the older golfer?
    Cobra BIO Cell+ 9.5* Driver Diamana D+ 72X
    Cobra BIO Cell+ 3/5 Wood Diamana D+ 72X

Cobra Fly-Z Forged 4-PW KBS Tour X
    Cobra Tour Trusty 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev X
    Cobra Cell Cart Bag
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    WITB Link
  • jcorna01jcorna01 Members Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to Adams for taking some time for us. I bought a set of CB3 irons over the Winter and I am really enjoying them! Not to mention they are some of the best looking irons out there. My question:

Although I live in the U.S., I have often heard that the availability of Adams products is extremely limited elsewhere in the world, particularly the U.K. Does Adams have a marketing strategy going forward to increase brand awareness worldwide? How do you envision the addition of Ernie Els to your team impacting this effort?
  • mikshanmikshan Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2014 #20
    I am an older (51) golfer and my bag is nearly Adams from top to bottom. With your advertising it seems that you are targeting an older golfer such as myself. Was this an intentional demographic target that will continue, with Taylormade aiming for the young'ens, or will your marketing go wider? You guys make fantastic clubs and I hope that all golfers consider your clubs when looking for a new addition to their bag.

• JTK37JTK37 Members Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    What gains in ball speed can we expect in the '14 Pro with VST vs. the previous Pro models (A12 etc) pre VST?

As Adams was the first to move CG closer to the face with VST and spin rates fell while launch angles increased thus adding distance, did lofts of hybrids need to be tweaked to gap better with irons?
    816 DBD Rogue 60 I/O
    816 16* Rogue 70 I/O or XR 16 Pro 16* Fuji
    Callaway Apex Pro 3 and 4 hyb Altus X
    16 Apex Pro 5-PW, AW Recoil 110
    Mack Daddy 3 Black 56* W-grind Recoil 110
    Mack Daddy Black PM 60* Recoil 110
    Ping Cadence Anser 2 Heavy
  • bosox24bosox24 The will is everything. Members Posts: 119
    The XTD irons feel EXPLOSIVE and give huge distance. How does the ballspeed off the face compare with the other "distance" irons on the market in testing?
  • MikeC732MikeC732 Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    How does Adams choose which stock shafts to use in they're woods & hybrids?

• PingDrv00PingDrv00 Members Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the story behind the back of the new XTD irons? They look like a something from the Terminator movie.
    Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
    Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
    Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
    Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
    Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
    Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7
  • joey2acesjoey2aces not as smart as most but not as gullible either Members Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been just over 2 years since TM bought Adams. What has been the biggest and most noticeable benefit from the M&A?

Forgive my ignorance but are the TM adapter sleeves for the jetspeed or sldr compatible with the Adams xtd?

Thanks for yiur time in this and formthe opportunity to put one of the best hybrids in my bag.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
    2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
    M2 4h AD DI 8s
    Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
    718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
    Scratch 53 Modus 125
    Scratch 57 Modus 125
    PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

WITB Link
  • billdcatt40billdcatt40 Members Posts: 21
    As a high handicapper in my late 40's....how would your hybrids improve my game over my 3 W?
  • tbowen19tbowen19 Members Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never played an Adams hybrid...What do you think separates your hybrid from the competition? Pros and Cons
  • wdwfan78wdwfan78 Members Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adams seems to go above an beyond with shaft pairings in their equipment. From the C-Taper as a stock shaft in the XTD forged and the Aldlia Tour Series in the Pro's, I am curious if shaft choice is a factor in the design of the clubs during the R&D phase or is it something that is factored in after design is complete and you are trying to respond to the market after the fact.
  • BrianbigoatsBrianbigoats Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭
    Why were the three different ATX shafts chosen this year for the hybrids and what goes into shaft choice on new products
  • GrimGrim Members Posts: 556
    Thanks Adams Golf for taking the time to do this on GolfWRX, and thank you GolfWRX for getting this going.

Huge Adams fan here and loving what is coming out from you all.

As innovators in the hybrid club market, what is it that separates you all from the plethora of other hybrid choices on the market now from a design stand point (other than the velocity slot technology)?
  • TxstcatmanTxstcatman Members Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a purely "mad scientist" perspective, given that no rules applied in order for clubs to be considered conforming to completion, what types of features wild you most want to put into a driver, fairway, hybrid, or iron? Many people have different opinions about the tech in clubs, but I'd love to hear a designer's perspective on a "Frankenstein" club with zero limitations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file