Recap: LIVE Q&A with Adams Golf from Wed April 23, 2014

Comments

• Kylekoz17Kylekoz17 Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is your pickiest tour player to fit?
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Kuro Kage DC TX 60
    TI Taylormade ’16 M2 DF 16.5 - Attas 6star 7X
    '17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
    Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
    Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
    Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01
  • j2_a2j2_a2 Members Posts: 419
    Will the slots on the bottom and top of the clubhead become a staple from now on, or do you have something in the works that totally eliminates the slots while still being able to improve the woods/hybrids?
  • RJDRJD Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you plan to offer any more irons with a raw finish at retail? The MB2s' finish was one of the best things I've seen in golf equipment the past several years.
    913D AD BB 6s
    913 Fd 15 & 18 Blue S+ 82
    Cobra S3 Pro
    Vokey 52, 56, 60k
    Ping Milled Anser
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    With the increases in ball speed evident from velocity slot technology are you seeing players having to make adjustments (such as increased loft) in order to fill specific distance gapping requirements?

Thanks in advance for the time,information, and wonderful opportunity!
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evolution TS 661 
    TEE CBX 16.5* Fuji Evolution TS 869
    Titleist 962b 2-pw s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 54* s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 60* s400
    Cameron 1995 Laguna
  • lvmikelvmike Las VegasMembers Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a fan of Yes! Putters for years, primarily because of the feel and truly phenomenal roll the c grooves put on the ball. Can you reveal what you have in the pipeline for the future of the brand/putters?
    *on order* 9* Taylormade M5 w/Tensei Pro White
    vs
    *waiting on USPS* 8.5* Ping G400LST w/stock Alta

15* Taylormade M3 w/GD AD BB-7
    Srixon U85 3 iron w/UST Recoil
    Srixon Z545 4-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*
    Bettinardi QB 8 33"

Backups:
    Odyssey O-Works Black #7s 33"
    Scotty Studio Style Newport 2 33" (custom shop)
  • rbhan12rbhan12 Be the person your dog thinks you are. Members Posts: 4,332
    Adams,

Why did you choose to make the slot so close to the face whereas the parent company TM hasn't done so? Any distinct advantages?
  • mtiger10mtiger10 Members Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Justin & Alex,

What role did Ernie Els and other staff pros play in the development of new Tight Lies and the pro hybrid?

Thanks for this great opportunity
  • warfelg21warfelg21 Members Posts: 697
    Your "Own the second shot" campaign is amazing, and you guys helped out a program at our courses of getting clubs into the hands of new golfers.

And my question goes as so:

Adams seems to be on the cutting edge of hybrids: what comes next? We got smaller heads, deeper for preference. some for driving. It seems as though they are so specialized anymore. So what is next in hybrid innovation? Higher launching? Softer landing? Faster face speed?
    WITB 2015:
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, -1 D setting, Speeder 565 S
    3WD: Cobra Biocell+ 12.5 degrees, Matrix Black tie
    2HY: Cobra Biocell, 16.5D setting, Stock shaft
    4/5i: Cobra Biocell, True Temper s+ shaft
    6-PW: Biocell+, Dynamic Gold S200
    50 Vokey
    56 Vokey
    Odessey MetalX Milled #2
  • billehtbilleht #KittySticks Members Posts: 47
    The cut-thru slot on the woods/does look very cool and seems like it can really make the ball bounce off the face, but is there a issue with the head breaking easier? It almost seems like a weakish design, what do you do to combat that?
    Wilson ProStaff Oversized Driver 10.5*
    Wilson ProStaff Oversized 3W and 5W
    Dunlop Driving Iron
    Wilson ProStaff Oversized 3-PW
    WITB Link
    Golfsmith Professional Grind 56*
    Northwestern Tom Weiskopf 314 blade
  • zacjokierzacjokier Members Posts: 2
    What is the process of making a new club? Design phase? Or how does it work?
  • zacjokierzacjokier Members Posts: 2
    What do you have that other golf companies don't?
  • geauxWRXgeauxWRX Members Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently picked up a super ls fw after breaking my original xtd (both bottom weights fell off) and noticed a swoosh or whistling sound from the top slot while swinging the new fw. Have you heard of others with this feedback?
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond / Kuro Kage Proto 70Tx
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 / Tensei CK Pro White 80Tx
    TM 790 3i recoil utility proto 110
    Callaway Apex Pro 19 / Tour Issue x100
    Vokey sm7 raw 50.54.58 KBS tour 120x
    Bridgestone B330s
    Bettinardi Kuch arm lock
  • marshallbarnesmarshallbarnes Members Posts: 90
    Thanks for taking the time, it means a lot to all of us on WRX. Now, will the irons that Ernie plays ever be released to the public?
  • Yellow JacketYellow Jacket Members Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of way to fill the gap between 3 wood and 3 iron these days, from 5 woods to 2 hybrids to driving irons. Do you find PGA Tour playing gravitating toward one particular choice?
    915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy 70TX
    915F 15* Diamana D+PLUS 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic 90TX
    716MB 4-PW X100
    SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
    Bullseye Flange

• scotto69scotto69 Members Posts: 703
    Will Adams ever try and compete in the putter market?

What is planned for new Adams wedges?
  • AspiringScratchAspiringScratch Members Posts: 177
    Thanks for taking the time to talk to us GolfWRX'ers about your brand. I will be playing xtd irons this season, and have been playing the original pro hybrid since released. To say I am an adams fan is an understatement.

Now for my question: is there any plans for adams to come out with an innovative custom fitting program?
  • JaobrienJaobrien Members Posts: 5
    Why should I give up my trusty Tight Lies fairway for a new club?
  • rchera3rchera3 WhoDatPelican Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    How have the tour players adjusted to the new pro hybrid series? Have many of them switched to the new hybrids from their older trusty Adams hybrids and benefited from the new technology? Thanks for taking the time with us Adams Golf!
    TaylorMade M3 9.5* Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65X
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    TaylorMade GAPR MID 3/18* Project X HZRDUS Black HY 85 6.5
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour C-Taper S
    Cleveland RTX 4 TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 54* & 58*
    TaylorMade TP Black Cooper Ardmore 3
    TaylorMadeTP5x
  • dkaardkaar Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    Do you folks collaborate with the Taylormade team on design, price points, etc. or is Adams totally separate from Taylormade in every aspect?
  • bu11dogbu11dog Raleigh, NCClubWRX Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 18, 2014 #51
    At what point during the design process do you begin considering what the stock shaft option(s) will be? Is that something that you go in with at the start or do you find shafts that compliment what you're trying to accomplish with the design of the head?

I'm also curious to know the process behind into determining whether you'll offer a "made for" shaft vs the "real deal" shaft. Is that simply a price point thing or is there more to it than that?

How willing are shaft companies to work with you on being a part of the stock shaft option?

Thanks for an opportunity to be a part of the discussion!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • fishstix94fishstix94 Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity guys and I just want to say I LOVE your hybrids and woods.

My question is about your wedges. Adams golf has always been into game improvement, especially with their hybrid irons. So do you guys play on releasing any game improvement/cavity back wedges?
  • fishstix94fishstix94 Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity! Does adams have any plans in the future of releasing blades for those who prefer the traditional look and feel (possibly forged) of blades?

Fish
  • jas904jas904 Members Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Question regarding my 14 year old daughter, 6 handicap, 85 MPH driver clubhead speed. She is struggling hitting her 5 and 6 irons high with regular steel shafts. How do you think the XTD irons will perform in regards to trajectory?
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, HZRDUS Yellow 65
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, Steelfiber 110
    Titleist SM6 50F Steelfiber 110, SM7 56S Steelfiber 110, SM7 60D Steelfiber 110
    Ping Ketsch Armlock
  • pizan619pizan619 Members Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭
    In regards to the new XTD irons, which in my opinion have a new and refreshing look to them, what exactly went into the design of the club head (thought process behind the design in regards to playability, forgiveness, length, feel)?

And finally, coud you please provide some insight into the KBS C-Taper 90 shaft you are offering in the club as not much information is known about this shaft? I think a lot of people would like to know why this shaft was chosen for the XTD model (since it is not a retail shaft from KBS) and what it offers to players!

Thank You Adams Golf

From a prospective and hopeful Adams XTD iron owner!
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a replacement for the mb2s this year?
    Cobra F9 10° w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
    TM M2 DF 16.5° w/ Diamana W80X
    Cobra F9 4 Iron w/ AD IZ 95X
    Miura CB57 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 130X
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60° w/ DG Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red 34"
  • LorenRobertsFanLorenRobertsFan Members Posts: 1,413
    What are the performance differences between your steel-faced hybrids and the Ti faced hybrids?
    9.0* Callaway Epic Flash w/ HZRDS Yellow
    16.5* Callaway Rogue FW w/ Rogue Silver 70
    21* Callaway Big Bertha Hyb
    4-PW Callaway Apex 19 Irons w/ TT Elevate Tour
    52* Callaway MD4 S Grind
    56* Callaway MD4 S Grind
    60* Callaway PM Grind
    Odyssey OWorks Black 7S

Z Cord grips
  • juice93juice93 Members Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know which current Adams irons are most like the cb1 and cb2 irons from the past. I am looking for something similar to either one of these to shaft up with a set of TT xp105 shafts. Thanks in advance
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 18, 2014 #59
    I remember the days of Hank Haney's infomercials of the original Tight Lies and thinking "Oh boy, another gimmick!" until my dad and I tried one, and he made the purchase for himself as I was probably 13 years old at the time. Inverted club design and all, was moreso a hybrid than a fairway wood so talk about innovation! Now when I think hybrid, I think Adams and Adams only.

We have seen the Tight Lies, and the introduction of more compact hybrids to driving irons(again). We are already seeing equipment come full circle with smaller drivers breaking the 300cc mark the other way. Where do you see the next innovations being made in the golf world?
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • brentbrent Members Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans for a CMB type game improvement iron? Those are some of the greatest players irons ever made IMO. Maybe something with CMB looks and feel or does the XTD line take care of that aspect?
  • MaydayGSXRMaydayGSXR Little Big Shots Members Posts: 1,259 ✭✭
    Good deal, love when these companies hold these Q&A sessions.. hope to be here for it, but in the meantime;

I see your Pro Hybrid line has both slots in the sole and crown, and you've stated it helps to more readily "catapult" the ball off the face (as is given with slot technology). Does this make the entire face hotter in a sense, top and bottom? With clubs that have slots in the bottom, the manufacturers generally state that it helps with mishits low on the face, so does the velocity slot help with "mishits" high on the face as well as low? Because I am known to find both spots on the face with my hybrid, lol. Thanks in advance!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file