Recap: LIVE Q&A with Adams Golf from Wed April 23, 2014

1161718192022»

Comments

• ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,584 ClubWRX
    Here is my mini review.

This club does everything as advertised. It just wants to go straight and distance is good as well.

I compared it with my current hybrid this morning before I played by hitting 4 balls with each club towards a tree 210 yards away.

Hit the tree twice out of four with the Adams. The other two were near misses.

If you are in the market for a hybrid make sure to give this one a look. I think my next purchase is going to be a higher lofted one.

Beyond performance the weight of this club feels really substantial to me which makes it really stable feeling throughout the swing. I took the time to walk my other hybrid back to my truck before we played.

Adams hit a home run in my opinion.

Thanks again Adams for this contest.
  • Hou_HaterHou_Hater Members Posts: 231 ✭✭
    Mini review:

Adams Pro 16 deg hybrid w Matrix Red Tie x-flex shaft:

The first thing I noticed was the compact size of the head. The head is more like an iron than a hybrid.. The weight of the club head felt much more heavier than my current Adams hybrids.

Performance: in sum: low bullets. I''m not sure whether it's the upgraded shaft or the club head, but almost every single strike came off low and hot. The ball jumped off of the face.

I will be keeping it in the bag as my mini-5 wood/ 2 iron .

Thank you Adams & GolfWRX for the generous offer.
    TM M1 430 10.5* Tour Green X
    Cally X2Hot 3W & Hybrids 19*,22* X
    Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Odyssey #9 2.0 - SS Flatso 1.0
    Cleveland CG-15 48*,52* KBS Wedge X
    Vokey SM5 56* KBS Wedge X
    ProV1X
  • chadly643chadly643 Members Posts: 457 ✭✭
    edited Jun 2, 2014 #634
    A huge thank you to Adams golf and golf wrx for this giveaway. It is so nice to get a new club in the bag. I love my new pro hybrid with the matrix red tie. It feels great and produces a nice penetrating ball flight. Love the compact head and matte black finish. Even the headcover looks good in the bag. Thanks. Im one happy guy today!
  • ORUTRAVISORUTRAVIS Members Posts: 284
    So I got a chance to play the Adams Pro Hybrid 23 with the Aldila Tour Red ATX and really love this club.

Quick Review

Looks: The head to me sits square to slightly open and the matte finish is perfect looking to my eye. I really feel like I don't even notice the slot anymore as it appears smaller and more like an alignment tool.

Feel: It has a nice click to it on well struck shots. I can tell where I hit on the club right away but I don't seem penalized.

Performance: So I just got rid of the Callaway X2HOT pro 23 for this thing. I am a low to mid ball flight player and didn't feel as I got the height I wanted with the X2HOT. This just gets up and goes. About the same distance as my Callaway but on a much higher trajectory. I immediately replaced my callaway and my 4 iron as I am able to do a whole lot more with this. By the way this club is so easy to fade for me and I am natural drawer of the golf ball.

I wanted to give a big thank you to Golfwrx and Adams for the Hybrid.
    CALLAWAY SUBZERO 9.5 Project X HZRDUS YELLOW
    CALLAWAY 816 14
    PING CROSSOVER 4H
    Ping I BLADES 4-PW NIPPON MODUS 105
    Callaway MD2 TG 54, 60 DGS400
    PING VOSS SLATE
  • ProV1BasherProV1Basher prov1basher Members Posts: 107
    I got the 18 degree Adams Pro and this club is sweet! So forgiving and the ball seems to just rocket off the face. Was hitting a 2 iron but pulled this as I am getting more distance and accuracy with this club. Thanks Golfwrx and Adams! I will be getting another to pair with it.
    Callaway XHot 2 Pro 8.5
    Adams Pro Hybrid 18 degree
    Titleist AP3
    Titlesist Vokey Wedges
    Scotty Cameron Studio