Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Recap: LIVE Q&A with Adams Golf from Wed April 23, 2014

Comments

• jongalt55jongalt55 Members Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing this. Two questions:

1) Does Adams see itself as one of Taylormade's competitors or do Adams and Taylormade attempt to be synergistic in their product offerings?

2) We've seen certain Taylormade offerings show up in Adams product (the loft sleeve being the most recent example). It is my understanding that Taylormade has tried to take as much of a hands-off approach with Adams as possible. Do the two companies still share R&D and tech advancements?
  • burniemacburniemac Members Posts: 271
    What has been the biggest change in R & D since the merger with Taylormade and how has it benefited Adams overall? Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions that you can.
  • DRGJR72DRGJR72 Members Posts: 2,337 ✭✭
    When do you expect the XTD Tour version of the irons to be available for purchase?

Can you elaborate on the differences between this version and the current available XTD iron?
    Driver: GBB Rogue Sub Zero
    3W: Callaway DBD
    Hybrid: Adams LSP
    Irons: Bridgestone J40 cb/TM P-790 on the way
    52, 56, 60 Fourteen
    Putter: Odyssey Highway 101 #7
  • azam14azam14 Members Posts: 286 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 18, 2014 #65
    How do you go about choosing the stock shaft in any club, but mainly in your hybrids since that's what your known for?
  • AdamsGolfAdamsGolf Sponsors Posts: 206
    Adams Golf engineers and club designers had some fun reading mean opinions & comments about our new XTD Irons. We get a chance to respond Wednesday, April 23 at 12:00pm CST/ 1:00pm EST.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j7lrJGdG6DQ[/media]
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamsGolf wrote:

Adams Golf engineers and club designers had some fun reading mean opinions & comments about our new XTD Irons. We get a chance to respond Wednesday, April 23 at 12:00pm CST/ 1:00pm EST.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j7lrJGdG6DQ[/media]

Well played guys.. very well played. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
  • freddyottawafreddyottawa Members Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    haha, very nice!
    Driver - TBD
    3 Wood - TBD
    5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
    4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
    Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
    Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
    Ball - TF Gamer
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamsGolf wrote:

Just saw this on my FB page...pretty funny stuff...ahhahaa.
  • dtowngolfdtowngolf Members Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 18, 2014 #70
    I am a better player looking for the most forgiveness but still with a higher launch and a less left bais? the pro launches the highest out of the three correct?
  • Paul BooijPaul Booij Members Posts: 29
    Thanks Adams for the conversation with us golfers. I had a chance to swing the new XTD forged irons and just loved them. How can you improve at all on such awesomeness?
    Also, could you send equipment to Mark Crossfield to review on his YouTube channel. Love his video reviews.
    Also, could you send equipment to Mark Crossfield to review on his YouTube channel. Love his video reviews.
  • wayne18wayne18 Members Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Adams equipment since the Idea a1 pro irons were introduced. Between then and now Adams have had a number of success stories. From time to time I will put something else in the bag but somehow always work my way back to Adams(view sig). Keep up the great work.

Question: Are there any plans for a new driver and wedges soon?
    Cobra F9 10.5 EvenFlow Blue 6.0
    Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid Fujikura Pro75 Stiff
    Cobra Fly Z+ 4-Pw Recoil 110F4
    Mizuno MP-T4 50* Recoil 110F4
    Mizuno MP-T4  54*& 58* DG Spinners
    Odyssey White Ice #2
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • happygolferhappygolfer Golfer Members Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a Kingdom or an Oven? Any plans on having a performance lab personalized type fitting?

I'd be more likely to be interested in the XTD's if Barney Adams was hitting them in a commercial. I just don't identify with Kenny Perry giggling after hitting a 200 yard 6 iron. How is Barney doing? I always loved him in the Adams commercials.

Are you trying to target older demographics since you use Kenny Perry?

Are/were there any participants on the Big Break that have an all Adams bag? (other than the season winner when they are offered an endorsement deal)

Thanks.
    Ping G30 SF TEC
    Ping G 3 & 5 SF TEC Woods
    Ping G Tour 9 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-U
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54 & 58
    Ping TR Knome
  • someon3someon3 "You don't choose golf, golf chooses you" Members Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 18, 2014 #76
    My question is for either Scott Blevins or Jeff Wood:

"Can you please give me a good reason to spend $250 on a new Adams xtd hybrid that will help me sell it to the girlfriend?" Thanks!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade R1 Rip Phenom 65g
    Callaway X 21* /Cobra Amp Cell 17*
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw KBS tour 120
    Mizuno mp-t4 55* 60*
    Taylormade Ghost Manta 34"
    Bridgestone B330s
  • someon3someon3 "You don't choose golf, golf chooses you" Members Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is "Can you please give me a good reason to spend $250 on a new Adams xtd hybrid that will help me sell it to the girlfriend?" Thanks!
    Taylormade R1 Rip Phenom 65g
    Callaway X 21* /Cobra Amp Cell 17*
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw KBS tour 120
    Mizuno mp-t4 55* 60*
    Taylormade Ghost Manta 34"
    Bridgestone B330s
  • HairpieHairpie Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 18, 2014 #78
    I still play the original idea pro as I've yet to find anything like better. Its ease of use and consistency have prevented me from switching since its inception. Its getting a bit long in the tooth so I'm starting to seriously consider a replacement. Could you convince me why the new hybrids would be a suitable replacement with respect to possible distance gains as well as versatility from a variety of lies? Also which would be more comparable to the original, the Pro or the Pro DHY?
    Srixon 565 10.5, miyazaki mizu 6S
    TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
    Srixon h65 19*/miyazaki mizu 7S
    Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
    Cleveland rtx 48*
    TM TP 52*
    TM TP ATV 56*
    John Byron Dalehead Eleven 

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 20,125 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamsGolf wrote:

I see what you did there Adams-Made.
    Titleist 915d3 9.5
    Titleist 917f3 15
    Mizuno Clk 18, 21
    Titleist 716mb 4-Pw
    Vokey Sm7 52, 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
    Titleist ProV1
  • Quebec Club HoQuebec Club Ho Members Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Adams golf for answering our questions!

1. Can you compare the 2014 pro hybrid's launch characteristics, forgiveness on off centre hits, and ball speed compared to the super LS? I'm looking for an increase in launch angle with the same forgiveness and ball speed of the LS

2. How does the pro hybrid's Aldila atx red shaft compare to the Matrix altus? Once again I'm looking for a higher launch.

Thanks you again for doing this!
    10.5* - Cobra F9 - EF White T1100
    14.5* Ping G410 - MRC Tensei CK Orange 70
    19* Ping G410 - MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70
    22* Ping G410 - MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    5-9 Srixon 585 - Modus 105
    P-AW Srixon 785 - Modus 120
    56* 60* Mizuno MP T5 - DG spinner
    Ping Cadence Ketsch TR 
    Whatever I ball I get for free ;) 
    GP NDMC
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When Taylormade bought Adams, how were product lines adjusted so that cannibalism of product sales between both companies were prevented? Do the Adams line and Taylormade products share similar technology?

Finally, with the popularity of the "distance iron", what type of current or upcoming technology will allow golfers to gain a bit more distance while maintaining control and forgiveness of their shots?
  • yumbrowniesyumbrownies Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew Lefty Boomers Posts: 283 ✭✭
    For the marketing folks: What was the reasoning behind the drastic change to the Adams Golf typeface? Was there a particular feel or message you hoped to convey to consumers by moving to a hand script style?

Titleist 983K 9.5* / Fujikura Speeder S
    Taylormade V-Steel 15* / GD YS-6 S
    Adams Idea Pro A12 20* / Matrix Ozik Altus S
    Titleist DCI 990 3-PW DG S300
    Ping M/B 54*
    Cleveland 588 60*
    Ping Anser 4

• jtl0101jtl0101 Members Posts: 114
    Any plans in the future for a line of wedges?
  • ThunderBuzzworthThunderBuzzworth Hulk... Smash!! Members Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How much has joining with Taylormade affected your designs? which technologies have you coveted and which technologies have you decided not to utilize? Is there anything new in the works that may be a threat to kick some of your current beloved clubs by many out of the bag?
    Current WITB

Taylormade 2016 M1 7.8* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* (Tensei Pro white 90tx)
    Titleist 716 TMB 19* (DG X100)
    Callaway 18’ X Forged 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 130)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50F black (x100)
    Titleist Vokey TVD 55K black (x100)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 60D black (x100)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34”
    Srixon Z Star XV 17’ Yellow
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I just got off twitter and immediately had to come here. Love the video. Which kind of leads to my question, why not a more understated look? Is the point to have the technology easily recognizable?

Also, I am a huge fan of the Adams equipment from 2+ years ago (before the slot made its way to the crown) Any chance of getting similar performance from a more traditional looking hybrid/FW/Driver in the future? All I want is a new 9015D that is more forgiving than the original!

One last question, why the departure from the LDA competitions? Was it a contractual thing? Or did Adams just decide to pursue a different demographic?

Thanks!
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • bvmagicbvmagic Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How has the merger with Taylormade affected your marketing strategy for Adams golf? First word that pops in my mind when you mention Adams is hybrids. First word if you mention Taylormade is drivers. I personally never considered purchasing an Adams club that is not a hybrid.
  • OUZO PowerOUZO Power #CallaWRX2 Banned Posts: 2,712
    Does the back of the XTD iron play any role in the performance Of the club or are the just for aesthetics? Does it affect ball flight, forgiveness or centre of gravity?

Thanks.
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
  • OUZO PowerOUZO Power #CallaWRX2 Banned Posts: 2,712
    AdamsGolf wrote:

like I said on Twitter. Send some over to those boys or send them to a LM to make them believers and the'll forget what it looks like if they work.
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
  • LexicographerLexicographer Members Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much does sound play a role in the design of your club heads? And if it does, do you aim for different sounds for different product categories? For example, louder for GI clubs, more muted for players clubs, etc.
    Callaway Epic driver
    Callaway Epic 3 wood
    Callaway Steelhead XR 3 hybrid
    Callaway Apex 4 hybrid
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW
    Vokey 50.08 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D
    Odyssey O-Works 1W
  • DblEglDblEgl Members Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any hints as to what equipment surprises we might expect in the near future ?

Adams has always produced 1st class clubs !
  • Johnny TJohnny T Wait for me guys! Members Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What were some of the deciding factors/driving forces behind reintroducing the Tight Lies fairways?

What design features make the Tight Lies so easy to launch? It doesn't appear too different from any other fairway (minus the flat center portion of the sole), yet it launches so much easier.
    Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
    Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
    Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-PW - Fujikura Pro 115
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50/54/58 - Fujikura Pro 115/DG 115
    Edel E-3 Torque Balanced

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file