Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Recap: LIVE Q&A with Adams Golf from Wed April 23, 2014

Comments

• GabrielLermanGabrielLerman Members Posts: 40
    Thank you guys for taking the time out to answer some questions.

I play the pro a12 hybrids and they (by far) have the tightest dispersion of any clubs in my bag. They're also my "go to" clubs when I'm having one of those rounds when nothing seems to be going right. What might I expect to gain from the newest Adams hybrids?

Also, I've always struggled with hitting a 3 wood, is it possible or has Adams ever considered making a 3 wood that's shaped and plays more like your hybrids do?
    TM R15
    TM M1 3W
    TM M1 3H and 4H
    Mizuno JPX825 Pro irons
    Mizuno R12 wedges
    Piretti Potenza II
    Snell MTB
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have there been any plans or thoughts on a max cor titanium super dhy for those who like to bomb a driving iron off the tee?
  • sean92571sean92571 go chargers Members Posts: 88
    I'm big fan of the yes brand putter what's new for coming months
  • rok78rok78 Members Posts: 1,680 ✭✭
    Some companies design for a specific market or derive strategy to fit a perceived need. Others try to innovate and create a need or market. Kind of like the iPad - there was no market for it until it came along.

What's your approach when deciding what's to come next. Are you trying to address the needs and wants of tour players/consumers, or do you try to just push the envelope and tweak off their feedback?
    8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
    15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
    18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
    20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
    54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
    5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0
  • southpaw72southpaw72 Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,169 ✭✭
    First of all I would like to say that the video response to our comments on here was great

As a left handed player often times certain clubs aren't available to us. In my opinion Adams is one of the more lefty friendly brands. What goes into deciding what clubs you will offer in left hand? Obviously there is less demand for clubs in general in LH. I have always been interested in what exactly manufactures consider when it comes to the dexterity offerings for their clubs.

Also I love my Yes! putters and look forward to seeing the future offerings.

Thanks
  • ChipNRunChipNRun Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have finally talked my wife into replacing her golf clubs. She's still playing Nancy Lopez Square 2 Petites from 1989. (Adams bought the Square 2 name a few years back).

My wife is only 4-foot-9, and is considering the Adams Idea set Almonds (which come in Petite). Question: Can any customizing be done on the Idea Almond Petites? Lie might need to be slightly flatter than normal petite.

Also, can lie be flattened on FWs and hybrids?
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
           4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperSoft
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • Pure716Pure716 Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing that the new DHY was released, what improvements in it really add to the design and make it worth upgrading? I really love the DHY and feel it was the best out of the driving irons. Now, I think the rapture has my DHY currently edged out, and I hope the DHY will beat it. I
  • golf0101golf0101 Members Posts: 262 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that Taylormade purchased Adams is there any chance that taylormade would use the model of aftermarket shafts in their woods that Adams uses?
  • enduroenduro Members Posts: 1,105 ✭✭
    Why do Adams fairway and hybrid heads still have "slots" in the heads, when other OEMs can produce similar high -Cor designs without the visual distraction ? What do the Adams slots accomplish that a well designed variable thickness face can't ?
    2016 M1/ Chrome+
    Adams XTD Ti 3w/Ilima
    Titleist 816 H1 hybrid or 913 5w
    SLDR 4-pw/
    Nike 54, 58,
    Odyssey putter
  • TootermcgavinTootermcgavin Members Posts: 4
    What's the current demand like for steel shafts in the hybrids you're selling? I watched a video of Kim Braly and in it he made it seem like graphite shafts don't make much sense in hybrids in terms of consistency (light weight/soft tip). What's your take on this? Do you/would you offer a high end steel shaft (i.e KBS) as an option in your hybrids?
  • randywildmanrandywildman Members Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had an Adams club in my bag. What is the number one reason to add an Adams hybrid to my bag, also wanted to know will you be offering equal options on your hybrids for left handed players ?

thanks randy
  • LMVLMV Members Posts: 217
    heres my question...

It seems Adams are the only major manufacturer producing drivers, woods, and hybrids with visible slots on top of the head, as well as under. What are the benefits of putting these slots on top and bottom, opposed to just the bottom like other OEM's?

Thanks
  • epixepepixep If the wind will not serve, take to the oars Members Posts: 1,425
    Any plans to return to a traditional slot-less head over the current Adams' models?
  • owenpowowenpow Members Posts: 5
    Can you bring back the MB2s? Best irons ever made!
  • Ace UnderhillAce Underhill Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: What more will I get out of these irons compared to the TaylorMade Burner 2.0's I currently use? Thanks
    Callaway Epic Mini driver- 12.5* (Epic head, Mini Big Bertha shaft)
    TM Burner Superfast 2.0- 3 wood 15*
    Cobra Baffler T-Rail+ 3 hybrid- 19*
    Bridgestone J40 DPC irons 4-PW
    Bridgestone J15 wedges- 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select
  • Marks23Marks23 Members Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2014 #197
    Can you comment on the technology and design features in Ernie's prototype xtd irons? What differences between them and the retail xtd irons? Any plans to bring his irons to retail for the more skilled iron player?
  • slicktryslicktry @meximenno Members Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When Adams designed the sole of the new XTD irons, how did the use of a slot affect the bounce of the irons? Also, out of curiosity, what is the stock shaft used when designing a club? S300?

God Bless

Jer
    Original One 11.5 + w/ ATX Green 85TX
    '16 M2 DF 13* w/ Green Xtorsion 80TX
    18* Adams Red w/ Modus 110gm X Proto
    4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ DG x100
    52* TM EF w/ C Taper S+
    58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
    64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
    Spider Tour Black 33.5" w/BGT Stability Shaft
  • Marks23Marks23 Members Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hat's off to the new pro line of hybrids. My recent demo of the pro hybrid was very impressive. Outperformed all others in the store as far as distance and dispersion. What goes into deciding the tour red as the stock shaft? With the tour blue and green being stock in the other pro models, what performance differences would the golfer see if they were used in place of the tour red?
  • StaavStaav Members Posts: 42
    What are the performance differences between the Pro and Pro Mini hybrids? Also, is the Pro DHY hybrid comparable to a super game improvement 4 iron?
    TaylorMade 2017 M2 Driver.
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour TP 3 Wood.
    Nike VRS 2 Hybrid.
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons, 4-PW.
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges, 50, 54, 58.
    Odyssey V-line 90 Putter.
  • dukediv2011dukediv2011 Members Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own the XTD Forged irons. Why did you decide to send a 4 hybrid in the stock set instead of a 4 iron?
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9.0, Accra TZ5 65 M5
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15, True Spec Graphite Design AD 7X
    God only knows what happens in here...
    Bettinardi Hive FCB, BCT Stability 
  • snklisnkli Members Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    Thanks WRX and Adams Golf for doing this.

What are your thoughts on a high handicap player (20 ish) using blades instead of perimeter-weighted heads to improve their ball striking?
  • Bunker2BunkerBunker2Bunker Members Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    Some see Adams as one of two golf companies in one company (TMAG) with the other being TaylorMade. Are there any plans to have one company focus on a market segment or a particular club(s)?

Example of clubs would be TaylorMade woods and irons, Adams hybrids and wedges. Or example of market segment: TaylorMade catering to advanced players and mid-handicaps, Adams focusing on super-game improvement and beginners?

(Of course these examples can be swapped.)

G400 LST 10*
    RBZ Tour 14.5
    G400 5w
    Pro '14 23*
    i15 5-W
    588 Satin 50* (51)
    MD4 56S (55), 60X (59)
    Pro Platinum Newport 2 (removed the nickel and now black ox)

• rgolf06rgolf06 Members Posts: 165 ✭✭
    can you make a special brush to clean the cavity on these new cross cavities ?
  • Jimmy MacJimmy Mac Members Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Marketing guys! Awesome. I think the Adams logo makeover is brilliant. Well done. Watson, Els, Perry, classic choices for spokespeople.

However, like so many, I find the new irons kinda hard to look at. How much feedback does the Marketing Department have in the club designs?

Granted form follows function, but it just seems there's an aesthetic disconnect. The clubs' visual traits just don't seem to flow well with your overall branding - both in the lines of the designs and the badging, font choices, etc. I'd love to see whoever designed that logo unleashed on your design department.
    Love the way you guys are willing to push the envelope in club design. The XTD irons are very intriguing.

Why don't you offer a LEFT HANDED sand wedge for that XTD series when you have every other iron offered in either dexterity?

This make no sense to me.
  • downtoscratchdowntoscratch Members Posts: 1,256
    Has anyone at Adams, Taylormade or any other club design team investigated the current standard for lie angles on today's modern equipment

as a means of improving golf swings?
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey AdamsGolf, I see you down there reading this topic (one more minute, yay!)...but I also see 'Google' and 'Facebook'. :/
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • jwm1jwm1 Members Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    How have you found the new "bulge and roll" feature to hybrid faces has improved shot quality? I've always hit fairway woods better than hybrids, could this be why?
    Is Adams' club design independent of TaylorMade's. It seems some technologies are crossing back and forth. Is that brought about by a natural evolution of club design or is there a shared design team?
  • AdamsGolfAdamsGolf Sponsors Posts: 206
    edited Apr 23, 2014 #211
    In the Adams "War Room":
    • SR Director R&D: Justin Honea
    • Engineering Manager, Hybrids & Irons: Justin Girard
    • Design Engineer, Metalwoods: Alex Berger
    • SVP Marketing: Scott Blevins
    • Director Global Product Marketing: Michael Fox
    • SR Director Marketing: Jeff Wood

Hello GolfWRXers and thank you all for this opportunity and for all the questions we have already received. We're in our "Communications Center" ready to answer all of your questions. Send them our way about anything Adams. We've got a lot of great things happening around our products and brand and are excited to share it all with you. Let's make this happen!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file