What putter did you just buy ?

1188189191193194218

Comments

  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    edited Oct 11, 2018 #5702
    Tried the Rife two bar again today, I think I am starting to understand this club. The round sole and toe is so you can hold it straight up and down like a pendulum, and if you do that it hits super straight and the weight balances out a bit. I'll try some lead tape and then maybe their weight set. Just wanted to post this to be fair to Guerin, as always each club has it's own things you need to unlock. I was guilty of judging it too quickly, and I try never to do that. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />



    EDIT. OK after adding some lead tape and learning to hold it vertically like a pendulum this thing is now one of the most deadly accurate clubs here. Just goes to show you, it's always the human, never the club. ha ha. Great design for adding tape too because it's balanced perfectly and out of sight. Guess what's no longer for sale? image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SanzabarSanzabar Members Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 11, 2018 #5703
    Nothing crazy.. but I finally scored my crowned jewel that I’ve always wanted!



    F5-E15677-259-C-4-B4-A-AE8-A-1-B9-C44-C32735.jpg
    Ping G400 Max w/Evolution II 569
    Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790
    Nike Engage 56/60* & Callaway PM Grind 64*
    Nike Method Origin B1-01 Custom

    #Colts #ForTheShoe #COLTure
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Sanzabar wrote:


    Nothing crazy.. but I finally scored my crowned jewel that I’ve always wanted!



    F5-E15677-259-C-4-B4-A-AE8-A-1-B9-C44-C32735.jpg




    It's very good putter insert copper Be Cu. You can feeling the putter insert copper hit ball. It's soft!!



    I was handmake brass insert on my putter. I feel heavy and soft on my putter MacGregor
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought the PING vault 2.0 Ketsch with black shaft and the bigger grip.



    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • Misc1600Misc1600 ClubWRX Posts: 936 ClubWRX
    Really happy with is purchase. Read about Tad, but never rolled one. Took a flyer and so glad I did. Love the feel, roll, and character to it. Reached out to Tad and he was so helpful. Probably will get it refinished soon, but right love it’s mojo.



  • MooMoo Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 13, 2018 #5708
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0 35 inch black dot face-balanced straight model.



    Spent a couple of years with the Spider Limited. I don't like to change putters, but I was leaving putts short outside of 10 feet and the model of Spider I had did not allow the weights to be changed.



    The Ping just works for my SBST and off the left big toe stroke and it's heavy (with the standard gold weights). The first 2 or 3 rounds I was not convinced, but the last 4 have confirmed it's the right putter for me.
    Driver TS2 (first driver in 9 years that could out the trusty 910 D2)
    Ping i3+ Blades (backup set Mizuno MP 54 P-4 which are now in cold storage until the end of time)
    Rogue 3 wood with Evenflow Blue (so easy to hit high and long...Evenflow rules!)
    Rogue 5 wood with Evenflow Blue
    Titleist 915 F 7 wood (the incredible Hedgehog...there is no turf that can stop the Hedgehog!)
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0
  • CentauriCentauri Members Posts: 300
    Hoping this Bettinardi will be a game changer.
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Moo wrote:
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0 35 inch black dot face-balanced straight model.



    Spent a couple of years with the Spider Limited. I don't like to change putters, but I was leaving putts short outside of 10 feet and the model of Spider I had did not allow the weights to be changed.



    The Ping just works for my SBST and off the left big toe stroke and it's heavy (with the standard gold weights). The first 2 or 3 rounds I was not convinced, but the last 4 have confirmed it's the right putter for me.




    I picked up the Ketsch stealth with black shaft, black dot and black weights two days ago.



    Are the black weights heavier or lighter? Thank the Copper?



    The TR face is definitely livelier than my gamer before a two ball odyssey RX which was super soft. Still working on my touch from long distance as i don’t have to putt as hard now but inside 10’ i have all the confidence in the world with this thing. On straight putts it does all the work.
    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • MooMoo Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭
    Minarets wrote:

    Moo wrote:
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0 35 inch black dot face-balanced straight model.



    Spent a couple of years with the Spider Limited. I don't like to change putters, but I was leaving putts short outside of 10 feet and the model of Spider I had did not allow the weights to be changed.



    The Ping just works for my SBST and off the left big toe stroke and it's heavy (with the standard gold weights). The first 2 or 3 rounds I was not convinced, but the last 4 have confirmed it's the right putter for me.




    I picked up the Ketsch stealth with black shaft, black dot and black weights two days ago.



    Are the black weights heavier or lighter? Thank the Copper?



    The TR face is definitely livelier than my gamer before a two ball odyssey RX which was super soft. Still working on my touch from long distance as i don’t have to putt as hard now but inside 10’ i have all the confidence in the world with this thing. On straight putts it does all the work.




    I do not know the weight of the black weights. All I could find was this, which only references material and not color.



    "The new system offers sole weight options in steel (standard weight head), tungsten (15 grams heavier than standard) and aluminum (15 grams lighter than standard) to match a golfer’s feel and balance preferences."



    I too have found the face to be livelier than my previous putter, which was the Taylormade Spider limited, but I like it. My experience adjusting to it was on the opposite side from yours...lag putts were immediately improved while I had to work a little bit to adjust to the, "quicker" face on putts inside say 8-10 feet.



    The only thing I don't love is the stock grip, which on mine is a PP60. I'm just used to firmer and smaller grip and I'll probably swap that out over the winter.



    Selecting this putter was not a quick decision. I went to Carls Golfland 3 or 4 times and basically hit every mallet with an alignment line over and over. The only putter that made the shortlist with the Ping was the Evnroll ER-6, but in the end the Ping was a better fit for me.



    I didn't even know they made in a black shaft. I probably would have gone that way if I had known.



    Let us know what you find out about the weights, although I'm a little hesitant to mess with a winning formula.
    Driver TS2 (first driver in 9 years that could out the trusty 910 D2)
    Ping i3+ Blades (backup set Mizuno MP 54 P-4 which are now in cold storage until the end of time)
    Rogue 3 wood with Evenflow Blue (so easy to hit high and long...Evenflow rules!)
    Rogue 5 wood with Evenflow Blue
    Titleist 915 F 7 wood (the incredible Hedgehog...there is no turf that can stop the Hedgehog!)
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0
  • PuttsForeParPuttsForePar Member Members Posts: 62
    Just picked up an odyssey works big T v-line, always been a blade player but thought I’d give a mallet a try!
    Titleist 913 D3 9.5
    Titleist 913f 15
    Taylormade Rescue 11 TP 3-18
    Mizuno mp32 3-iron
    Mizuno mp58 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 raw 52 + 58
    Scotty Cameron Tei3 Santa Fe sole stamp
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Moo wrote:
    Minarets wrote:

    Moo wrote:
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0 35 inch black dot face-balanced straight model.



    Spent a couple of years with the Spider Limited. I don't like to change putters, but I was leaving putts short outside of 10 feet and the model of Spider I had did not allow the weights to be changed.



    The Ping just works for my SBST and off the left big toe stroke and it's heavy (with the standard gold weights). The first 2 or 3 rounds I was not convinced, but the last 4 have confirmed it's the right putter for me.




    I picked up the Ketsch stealth with black shaft, black dot and black weights two days ago.



    Are the black weights heavier or lighter? Thank the Copper?



    The TR face is definitely livelier than my gamer before a two ball odyssey RX which was super soft. Still working on my touch from long distance as i don’t have to putt as hard now but inside 10’ i have all the confidence in the world with this thing. On straight putts it does all the work.




    I do not know the weight of the black weights. All I could find was this, which only references material and not color.



    "The new system offers sole weight options in steel (standard weight head), tungsten (15 grams heavier than standard) and aluminum (15 grams lighter than standard) to match a golfer’s feel and balance preferences."



    I too have found the face to be livelier than my previous putter, which was the Taylormade Spider limited, but I like it. My experience adjusting to it was on the opposite side from yours...lag putts were immediately improved while I had to work a little bit to adjust to the, "quicker" face on putts inside say 8-10 feet.



    The only thing I don't love is the stock grip, which on mine is a PP60. I'm just used to firmer and smaller grip and I'll probably swap that out over the winter.



    Selecting this putter was not a quick decision. I went to Carls Golfland 3 or 4 times and basically hit every mallet with an alignment line over and over. The only putter that made the shortlist with the Ping was the Evnroll ER-6, but in the end the Ping was a better fit for me.



    I didn't even know they made in a black shaft. I probably would have gone that way if I had known.



    Let us know what you find out about the weights, although I'm a little hesitant to mess with a winning formula.
    e94b6d8e1444c77feada8c3c68a43092.jpg



    The lag putts due to the livelier face is harder for me to gauge distance. I’ve put a few past the hole by 5’+. But haven’t missed any of the comebacks. That confidence so far has been awesome.

    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • MooMoo Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭
    Minarets wrote:

    Moo wrote:
    Minarets wrote:

    Moo wrote:
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0 35 inch black dot face-balanced straight model.



    Spent a couple of years with the Spider Limited. I don't like to change putters, but I was leaving putts short outside of 10 feet and the model of Spider I had did not allow the weights to be changed.



    The Ping just works for my SBST and off the left big toe stroke and it's heavy (with the standard gold weights). The first 2 or 3 rounds I was not convinced, but the last 4 have confirmed it's the right putter for me.




    I picked up the Ketsch stealth with black shaft, black dot and black weights two days ago.



    Are the black weights heavier or lighter? Thank the Copper?



    The TR face is definitely livelier than my gamer before a two ball odyssey RX which was super soft. Still working on my touch from long distance as i don’t have to putt as hard now but inside 10’ i have all the confidence in the world with this thing. On straight putts it does all the work.




    I do not know the weight of the black weights. All I could find was this, which only references material and not color.



    "The new system offers sole weight options in steel (standard weight head), tungsten (15 grams heavier than standard) and aluminum (15 grams lighter than standard) to match a golfer’s feel and balance preferences."



    I too have found the face to be livelier than my previous putter, which was the Taylormade Spider limited, but I like it. My experience adjusting to it was on the opposite side from yours...lag putts were immediately improved while I had to work a little bit to adjust to the, "quicker" face on putts inside say 8-10 feet.



    The only thing I don't love is the stock grip, which on mine is a PP60. I'm just used to firmer and smaller grip and I'll probably swap that out over the winter.



    Selecting this putter was not a quick decision. I went to Carls Golfland 3 or 4 times and basically hit every mallet with an alignment line over and over. The only putter that made the shortlist with the Ping was the Evnroll ER-6, but in the end the Ping was a better fit for me.



    I didn't even know they made in a black shaft. I probably would have gone that way if I had known.



    Let us know what you find out about the weights, although I'm a little hesitant to mess with a winning formula.
    e94b6d8e1444c77feada8c3c68a43092.jpg



    The lag putts due to the livelier face is harder for me to gauge distance. I’ve put a few past the hole by 5’+. But haven’t missed any of the comebacks. That confidence so far has been awesome.






    The black shaft looks awesome. I would have definitely bought that had it been on the shelf!



    Keep rolling em good. Running out of time in Michigan, but I plan to get in a few more rounds with it before the long dark winter arrives.
    Driver TS2 (first driver in 9 years that could out the trusty 910 D2)
    Ping i3+ Blades (backup set Mizuno MP 54 P-4 which are now in cold storage until the end of time)
    Rogue 3 wood with Evenflow Blue (so easy to hit high and long...Evenflow rules!)
    Rogue 5 wood with Evenflow Blue
    Titleist 915 F 7 wood (the incredible Hedgehog...there is no turf that can stop the Hedgehog!)
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Moo wrote:
    Minarets wrote:

    Moo wrote:
    Minarets wrote:

    Moo wrote:
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0 35 inch black dot face-balanced straight model.



    Spent a couple of years with the Spider Limited. I don't like to change putters, but I was leaving putts short outside of 10 feet and the model of Spider I had did not allow the weights to be changed.



    The Ping just works for my SBST and off the left big toe stroke and it's heavy (with the standard gold weights). The first 2 or 3 rounds I was not convinced, but the last 4 have confirmed it's the right putter for me.




    I picked up the Ketsch stealth with black shaft, black dot and black weights two days ago.



    Are the black weights heavier or lighter? Thank the Copper?



    The TR face is definitely livelier than my gamer before a two ball odyssey RX which was super soft. Still working on my touch from long distance as i don’t have to putt as hard now but inside 10’ i have all the confidence in the world with this thing. On straight putts it does all the work.




    I do not know the weight of the black weights. All I could find was this, which only references material and not color.



    "The new system offers sole weight options in steel (standard weight head), tungsten (15 grams heavier than standard) and aluminum (15 grams lighter than standard) to match a golfer’s feel and balance preferences."



    I too have found the face to be livelier than my previous putter, which was the Taylormade Spider limited, but I like it. My experience adjusting to it was on the opposite side from yours...lag putts were immediately improved while I had to work a little bit to adjust to the, "quicker" face on putts inside say 8-10 feet.



    The only thing I don't love is the stock grip, which on mine is a PP60. I'm just used to firmer and smaller grip and I'll probably swap that out over the winter.



    Selecting this putter was not a quick decision. I went to Carls Golfland 3 or 4 times and basically hit every mallet with an alignment line over and over. The only putter that made the shortlist with the Ping was the Evnroll ER-6, but in the end the Ping was a better fit for me.



    I didn't even know they made in a black shaft. I probably would have gone that way if I had known.



    Let us know what you find out about the weights, although I'm a little hesitant to mess with a winning formula.
    e94b6d8e1444c77feada8c3c68a43092.jpg



    The lag putts due to the livelier face is harder for me to gauge distance. I’ve put a few past the hole by 5’+. But haven’t missed any of the comebacks. That confidence so far has been awesome.






    The black shaft looks awesome. I would have definitely bought that had it been on the shelf!



    Keep rolling em good. Running out of time in Michigan, but I plan to get in a few more rounds with it before the long dark winter arrives.




    Luckily I’m in Tennessee so should have thru November to play. The black shaft just happened to be sitting on the shelf at my local course so it worked out nice. Good luck
    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    Got another $1 putter. Love these so much right now. Working a new pendulum stroke that equalizes them all, all putters work identically once you pendulum them out, these cheapies are total assassins if you swing them right. So straight and effortless. Brain turns off and you just putt.
  • BeachsideGolferBeachsideGolfer Members Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #5718
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • aliikanealiikane Members Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a TM TP Juno and after playing with it for a few weeks I just don't feel comfortable with it. So, I bought a face balanced TM TP Ardmore. Putters always feel great in the showroom but feel totally different in the real world. ����
  • C-radC-rad Members Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    aliikane wrote:
    I bought a TM TP Juno and after playing with it for a few weeks I just don't feel comfortable with it. So, I bought a face balanced TM TP Ardmore. Putters always feel great in the showroom but feel totally different in the real world. ��
    let me know if you wish to move the juno.
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*


    PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

    project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

    Lajosi Dd201

    A dream bag
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    C-rad wrote:

    aliikane wrote:
    I bought a TM TP Juno and after playing with it for a few weeks I just don't feel comfortable with it. So, I bought a face balanced TM TP Ardmore. Putters always feel great in the showroom but feel totally different in the real world. ��
    let me know if you wish to move the juno.




    There's one for sale here in Calgary: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-golf/calgary/taylormade-rh-juno-tp-collection-blade-putter/1390536768?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
  • st_pedrost_pedro Members Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Odyssey oWorks Japan model #1W Slant Hosel
    Callaway Flash Triple Diamond Subzero 10.5* Tensei Blue CK Pro 6TX or TourAD GP6X
    Callaway Flash Subzero 15* Tensei Orange 7X or TourAD iZ7X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 TourAD DI 95X
    Callaway 2017 Epic Pro 4i cTaper 120S+
    Callaway 2019 Apex Pro 5-P cTaper 120S+
    All GolfPride Align Velvet MCC+4
    Putters:
    Odyssey
    ToeUp #1 oWorks UST Shaft SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0
    Instagram @kinetiquefittinglab
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    Was the white touched up?
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    edited Oct 15, 2018 #5724
    I've ordered stainless head putter old new stock by EBay



    Look good new.



    image_zpsk6bbmpye.jpeg



    image_zps6o1ok4kt.jpeg



    image_zpsaqvexnfl.jpeg



    image_zpsb3rsdo0d.jpeg
  • roundersmittyroundersmitty Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    2017 M1 10.5* Kuro Kage 60s
    Exotics 16.5* Exotics Fuji 72s
    Adams XTD ti 20* Red Tie S
    TM P770 4-P Steelfiber i95s
    TM MG 50*,56*,60* Steelfiber i95s
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • turbomarkturbomark Members Posts: 11
    Picked up an O-Works Black #1 putter last week, replacing my White Hot Pro #1. Just need to replace the red Winn AVS grip with a Lamkin crossline grip to match previous putters. Not a fan of the fatter, spongy grips.
  • Will ChanWill Chan Brit HK guy playing golf in Asia Members Posts: 26
    edited Oct 15, 2018 #5727
    Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport.



    Originally in bad shape on the 2nd hand shelf (Elastomer had come off) and had the shaft replaced with a Rifle shaft. just received it from Scotty Custom shop with a Blue paint-fill and 20g Weights and new shaft & grip.
  • judahaderholdjudahaderhold Members Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    Cleveland Smart Square ladies putter for $25 image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭


    Cleveland Smart Square ladies putter for $25 image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Nice! post pics??
  • JStangJStang Members Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #5730
    I picked up a super nice Studio Select Newport for $175 + shipping. Give me one of these over todays insert putters any day of the week.
    M4 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 & 3 | Nike VR Pro Combo | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Scotty SS Newport 2 350

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file