What putter did you just buy ?

Comments

• smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    JStang wrote:

I picked up a super nice Studio Select Newport for $175 + shipping. Give me one of these over todays insert putters any day of the week.

Pretty solid deal considering how pristine that head is. Now THAT is worthy of the "mint" tag IMO.
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor
  • JStangJStang Members Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    smeech8000 wrote:

JStang wrote:

I picked up a super nice Studio Select Newport for $175 + shipping. Give me one of these over todays insert putters any day of the week.

Pretty solid deal considering how pristine that head is. Now THAT is worthy of the "mint" tag IMO.

Yeah, I didn't NEED another putter but I couldn't pass this up.
    M4 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 & 3 | Nike VR Pro Combo | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Scotty SS Newport 2 350
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #5734
    Looked a putter used. I make new custom (insert aluminum) face and black shaft.

Never Compromise SUB 30 D3

image_zps6aeqmrom.jpeg

image_zps6t9rqvzt.jpeg
  • Willian70Willian70 Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭
    Ronnieo wrote:

Just picked up this little beauty.

How? Where? Jealous!!!
    Callaway EPIC 10.5 Oban Purple
    Cobra Baffler 16* Tour Ad Di 7x
    Callaway X HOT PRO 19* V2
    Titleist 910h 23* Diamana
    PING g25 5-UW Tour Elevate x100
    Ping Glide 54, 58 s400
    Spider tour Black
  • tider992010tider992010 tider992010 Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    I just bought a Calloway Exo Rossie Mallet.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Chan wrote:

Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport.

Originally in bad shape on the 2nd hand shelf (Elastomer had come off) and had the shaft replaced with a Rifle shaft. just received it from Scotty Custom shop with a Blue paint-fill and 20g Weights and new shaft & grip.

Very nice!

Would love to see before/after pixers!
  • 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NCClubWRX Posts: 1,901 ClubWRX
    Had the guys at Continental Golf in Raleigh, NC refinish a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid Sur I picked up.
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    03trdblack wrote:
    Had the guys at Continental Golf in Raleigh, NC refinish a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid Sur I picked up.

Looks great. Is it painted? Or finish removed and left raw?
  • 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NCClubWRX Posts: 1,901 ClubWRX
    Skhacker wrote:

03trdblack wrote:

Looks great. Is it painted? Or finish removed and left raw?

I'm pretty sure it's a coating of sorts.
  • gioria126gioria126 Members Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Just grab an used Scotty Cameron 2007 Teryllium Ten Newport 2.5 with baby T grip on it. Superb feel and direction / distance control is just awesome (maybe honeymoon I guess).
    03trdblack wrote:

Came out AWESOME..congratulations!
    gioria126 wrote:

Just grab an used Scotty Cameron 2007 Teryllium Ten Newport 2.5 with baby T grip on it. Superb feel and direction / distance control is just awesome (maybe honeymoon I guess).

Now THAT is one nice putter! I have a thing for Tei3's and would LOVE to add one like yours to my collection!

Funny thing my 3 Tei3's have been relegated to the closet for the last couple of years. On a whim I took out my Santa Fe Tei3 to the practice green last week and thought exactly like you...direction and distance control was outstanding....sound and feel superb! It's in the bag now! LOL!
  • Will ChanWill Chan Brit HK guy playing golf in Asia Members Posts: 26
    KaTooM wrote:

Will Chan wrote:

Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport.

Originally in bad shape on the 2nd hand shelf (Elastomer had come off) and had the shaft replaced with a Rifle shaft. just received it from Scotty Custom shop with a Blue paint-fill and 20g Weights and new shaft & grip.

Very nice!

Would love to see before/after pixers!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1655126-scotty-cameron-newport-2-button-back-real-or-fake/

There you go. Made an earlier post on it. Keen to hear your thoughts
  • gioria126gioria126 Members Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    KaTooM wrote:

gioria126 wrote:

Now THAT is one nice putter! I have a thing for Tei3's and would LOVE to add one like yours to my collection!

Funny thing my 3 Tei3's have been relegated to the closet for the last couple of years. On a whim I took out my Santa Fe Tei3 to the practice green last week and thought exactly like you...direction and distance control was outstanding....sound and feel superb! It's in the bag now! LOL!

Thanks! I was considering among those old classic Scotty putter, say Studio Stainless, Pro Platinum, Mil Spec, and even the 2002 Holiday putter. This beauty has never been under my radar. However a friend decided to sell it and I immediately grabbed it. Lucky!
  • Seminole08Seminole08 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Yes! Callie

I’ve been rotating putters in and out lately, but this one may be here to stay (for a little while at least)
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 18, 2018 #5747
    After a day where very mediocre putting prevented me from shooting my lowest round ever, I overreacted by buying a putter that will definitely (DEFINITELY, right?) cure my putting woes. I was struggling with poor alignment and a choppy, uncomfortable stroke, so I bought an Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Tank (one of the ones with the White Hot insert that's always for sale on eBay).

The most interesting part of this is going to be the length. I usually play my putter at 34" but could go to 34.5 or 35" without a problem. Although I'm not very tall (5'9"ish), I have a fairly upright putting posture. Actually, I basically model Rickie's stance. Anyways, I have a 35" Tank that I don't really care for, so I played around with the 38" Tanks at GG and was sold. Gripping down to about 34" with the 38" shaft really made me feel the counterbalance effect. I went with the 38" Marxman... we'll see how this goes. My concern is that the butt end of the shaft might actually hit my shirt. If that happens (it didn't at the store), I might have to have an inch taken off.

Of course, one bad round with this one and I'll be starting over with a blade.
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver, 13 deg., Fujikura ATMOS Red
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, Project X EvenFlow Blue 75
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid, Kuro Kage Black
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip / Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S, Rosemark 1.52 grip
  • jsanatxjsanatx God Bless Texas Members Posts: 1,974 ✭✭
    Got this one a couple of weeks ago
    917 D2 w/Diamana S+ 60g
    Titleist 917F 15* w/Tour AD Di
    Titleist 718 AP2s
    Adams PNT v1 18* and v2 22*
    Vokey SM5 46*
    Vokey Cold Forged 52/10
    Vokey SM6 Brushed Copper 56/08
    Vokey TVD 60*
    SC 009 Triple Skulls 350g
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seminole08 wrote:

Yes! Callie

I’ve been rotating putters in and out lately, but this one may be here to stay (for a little while at least)

Best putter ever!
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
  • Seminole08Seminole08 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Nic1972 wrote:

Seminole08 wrote:

Yes! Callie

Best putter ever!

One round in and I’m trending in that direction. Quite possibly my best Craigslist purchase to date.

I’ve noticed a lot of chatter around some of the other Callie models as well. I’d love to check out the i4.
  • McgeenoMcgeeno Members Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some searching, I'm really surprised that MLA putters don't have more pub!

I picked this up from an awesome member here and am absolutely in LOVE. Easy alignment aid, nice mallet shape, milled face and a nice weight kit and color scheme.

I'm gonna black out the shaft and put my favorite grip on it but so far I'm really enjoying it on short putts.

• rexwrxrexwrx Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jtj74jtj74 Members Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just snagged this off the BST. It's a beauty.

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand made 1 of 1.

2jnVxHVl.jpgQGLZ0vCl.jpg58gmxuLl.jpgdZnXhuGl.jpg
    WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    LTD | Aldila Tour Blue 75X (2016 M1 Tour Issue | Diamana B 70X incoming)
    GAPR Lo | Recoil Proto 110F5 (818H2 Aldila Tour Blue 85X back up)
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Ardmore 2 or Bettinardi MC 360 Tour
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

So my 38" Marxman Tank arrived yesterday and after a bit of an adjustment period on the home carpet putting green, I started hitting the ball stupid straight and on line, over and over and over again. This thing is not elegant but man is it easy to line up and stroke.

Here's my problem: with a sweatshirt on the butt end of the club kinda sits on a bit of clothing. I doubt this is an anchoring problem, but I do see it as a bit annoying. I'm thinking that chopping the club down to 37" would solve that problem without losing the counterbalancing properties of the putter.

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the Tank SuperStroke grip without having to cut it? It's about 4 inches longer than a standard SS grip. The last time I asked Golf Galaxy to save a grip the guy acted like it'd be a feat, even though it's one of their listed services.

Also, I don't have an air compressor. I guess I could go buy a cheap one and try it myself.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip / Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S, Rosemark 1.52 grip
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 21, 2018 #5756

So my 38" Marxman Tank arrived yesterday and after a bit of an adjustment period on the home carpet putting green, I started hitting the ball stupid straight and on line, over and over and over again. This thing is not elegant but man is it easy to line up and stroke.

Here's my problem: with a sweatshirt on the butt end of the club kinda sits on a bit of clothing. I doubt this is an anchoring problem, but I do see it as a bit annoying. I'm thinking that chopping the club down to 37" would solve that problem without losing the counterbalancing properties of the putter.

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the Tank SuperStroke grip without having to cut it? It's about 4 inches longer than a standard SS grip. The last time I asked Golf Galaxy to save a grip the guy acted like it'd be a feat, even though it's one of their listed services.

Also, I don't have an air compressor. I guess I could go buy a cheap one and try it myself.

An air compressor, alone, won't do it. The trouble is dissolving the tape's adhesive and adding lubrication. In order to do that, you'll need a v-groove grip removal tool and some grip solvent. This usually works, although not always easily. My concern, however is that the tool wouldn't be long enough to get to the end of the grip, due to the increased length. It might not be worth the investment in tools nor the time.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
    Yeah that's kind of what I thought. I'll probably just deal with it over the winter and if I still feel like it needs to lose an inch by next year, buy a new Tank grip.
  • KRW59KRW59 Hoarder Members Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭✭

Syringe, and solvent. (Lighter fluid)

The syringe can be found in cooking sections , for injecting marinades into

roasts and turkeys. Also farm stores for livestock inoculations.
    Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Diamond Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

Piretti 1/1 GSS High Toe Potenza II or Piretti 1 of 2 GSS Capri

Flask - Crown Black
  • Misc1600Misc1600 ClubWRX Posts: 936 ClubWRX
  • terminalvertigoterminalvertigo baby got backroll Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    917 D2, 9.5* - Tour AD DI-6S
    816 H1, 21* - Tour AD DI-85X 
    718 AP1 4-PW True Temper AMT Red
    Vokey SM6 Raw. (48,52,56,60) KBS Tour Limited Edition
    Handstamped Tour Newport 1.5
    Pro V1
    Hoofer
  • Hjosh7_Hjosh7_ Members Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    I just got this old Ping Anser from Play It Again Sports. I’ve always wanted to try one. I don’t know how old it is, but it seems pretty cool to me. I might have to get a bigger grip for it, though.

WITB:
    TaylorMade M1(2016) 9.5° - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70 Stiff
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5° - Matrix White Tie 70X4 Stiff
    PING G30 17°/22° Hybrids - PING TFC 419H Stiff
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW - True Temper DG Pro S300
    Cleveland RTX 3 50°/54°/60° - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge
    Nike Method Matter B2-01 - Flatso 1.0 - 35.25"
    Top Flite Gamer Tour

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file