What putter did you just buy ?

Comments

• rkelso184rkelso184 Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Added these 2 to my collection image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I game the square back ATM. The sales sample hangs on the wall!

Driver - G410 Evenflow Black 70S
    4W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    6W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    4H - JPX900 Fuji Pro 73HS
    5 to P - P790 1" Over KBS Tour S
    50-54-58 - MD4 Black DGS200 TI 
    P - Spider X 35"
    Ball - Chrome Soft

• mds5062mds5062 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini and a TM Spider Tour Diamond Silver. Like them both but different feels for each
  • MudguardMudguard Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭
    rkelso184 wrote:

Added these 2 to my collection image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I game the square back ATM. The sales sample hangs on the wall!

That Circa is immaculate. Obviously lived somewhere nice and dry it's whole life!
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX Posts: 976 ClubWRX
    BYK wrote:

Rob McHugh wrote:

Needed this like a hole in head. barrel find...

Nice hole (that didn't come out right) :-)

Rob

**** Rob

came into this thread hoping to see your newest pick up

Ha ha - I do have some beauties on the way actually. Pictures when they land :-)

Rob
  • DavidWilsonsDavidWilsons Members Posts: 4
    Cameron Golo 3
  • cmrl1986cmrl1986 Members Posts: 2,354
    Piretti Tour Only 801 stainless with an ultra rare headweight of 340g. You can't order a stainless from them weighing less than 355g
    PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax Type X stiff
    Mizuno ST190 w/Tensei Blue 70 stiff
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 iron w/DG 120 stiff
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-pw w/DG 120 stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Blackout 50/54/62 w/s400 onyx

**Putter Rotation**
    Bettinardi Inovai Armlock 395g
    Byron DH89 Custom Carbon Blue Oil 350g
    Piretti Tour Proto 340g
  • newportbeachnewportbeach Members Posts: 3,508 ✭✭
    Wow love that Piretti - very nice.
    Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson
  • jbrunkjbrunk Members Posts: 579 ✭✭
    Two new center shaft flatsticks for 2019, help me decide which to roll first!

First up, a gorgeous Xenon Fatback on trade from a WRX member. Truly one of a kind, rustic mid-mallet with a cork grip.

Ping G400 10.5° Alta CB 55
    Cobra F6 3W & Baffler LTD Rogue Black 70
    Cobra F8 4Hy 22° Rogue Pro 75
    Callaway XF/MB 5i-PW Modus3 120
    Mizuno S18 52° 56° 60°
    Bettinardi iNOVAi 3.0 CS

• gdangdan Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Just picked this up from Facebook market place for a steal.

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,718 ✭✭
    PING Tess, giving the blade another chance. Can't make putts with anything so will just go with what I like to look down at...
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade TP Soto

• Just got this MacGregor Tommy Armour "IronMaster" Putter

• Just got this MacGregor Tommy Armour "IronMaster" Putter
    it is really upright and has a round grip. Which i love how upright it is.

Just got this MacGregor Tommy Armour "IronMaster" Putter

The Ironmasters are notoriously difficult to find solid information on. I believe there were at least 4 Tommy Armour models. The 5 and 6 were popular in Japan as Jumbo Osaka had success with them. I’m no expert at all but would guess your putter dates from

1978 - 1985ish.

Rob
    brew4eagle wrote:

PING Tess, giving the blade another chance. Can't make putts with anything so will just go with what I like to look down at...

Beautiful putter - anyone that says looks don’t count is out of their mind! :-)

Rob
  • bazinozbazinoz Members Posts: 499 ✭✭
    On the 8802/Napa theme of the last few posts.

I've just added 2 more beauties to my collection. In their own way these 2 are possibly the most stunning of them so far.

First up, a Rife Bimini Island series. I already have a nice Rife Bimini but in a steel/satin finish. This one is dead-set gorgeous. The colors!

IMG-4317.jpg

IMG-4315.jpg

IMG-4316.jpg
    Next up, a Walter Hagen WH003 by Tad Moore.

It copped a couple of scrapes in transit (which Ebay have come to the party over, good on them).

But I've managed to hide them in the photos. And the face is beautiful.

Another beauty, and if anyone can tell me anything about when Tad made these with/for Hagen I'd be all ears.

IMG-4255.jpg

IMG-4254.jpg

IMG-4257.jpg
    Beautiful Putters Baz!

I am very envious of that Rife - I have the stainless but yours is immaculate. :-)

As for the other beauty IIRC between 2003 and 2008 Tad entered into an arrangement with an American chain called Dicks Sporting goods to make golf equipment under the 'Walter Hagen' banner of which they had obviously acquired the rights. I am sure Tad will jump on here if I have messed up! :-)

Rob
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur Members Posts: 205 ✭✭
    pduvie wrote:

EvnRoll ER5, 34" length...I love this baby!!!!

I was just talking to Evnroll yesterday, I think next week they’ll have the ER5 Black edition on their website for order and custom set to your own liking, You can find at golf galaxy now but you have to take what they got though! I’ve gotten one from the company before without custom ordering it to the length I wanted and had it cut down by a good fitter, but just was never quite right so I’m holding out till you can order it from them personally. Cutting off an extra half an inch I know does not seem big deal, but the fitter if they don’t get it right, the weight, the loft the lie can be off, I just find a better letting the company do it.
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
    Rob McHugh wrote:

Beautiful Putters Baz!

I am very envious of that Rife - I have the stainless but yours is immaculate. :-)

As for the other beauty IIRC between 2003 and 2008 Tad entered into an arrangement with an American chain called Dicks Sporting goods to make golf equipment under the 'Walter Hagen' banner of which they had obviously acquired the rights. I am sure Tad will jump on here if I have messed up! :-)

Rob

Hi Rob. Yeah someone mentioned that as a possibility in my thread in the "classic" forums. (I thought this putter would be older image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> )

If it is a "chain store special" it is certainly brilliant quality and finish.

Btw - regarding Tad, I tried to message him about this putter a few weeks back (majiic). The system came back saying something like "that user is unable to take messages". Maybe his mail server is full? Have you heard from Tad recently?
    bazinoz wrote:

Rob McHugh wrote:

Beautiful Putters Baz!

Rob

Hi Rob. Yeah someone mentioned that as a possibility in my thread in the "classic" forums. (I thought this putter would be older image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> )

If it is a "chain store special" it is certainly brilliant quality and finish.

Btw - regarding Tad, I tried to message him about this putter a few weeks back (majiic). The system came back saying something like "that user is unable to take messages". Maybe his mail server is full? Have you heard from Tad recently?

It is much better than the average 'chain store special' mate - don't worry about that. It is a beautiful putter. I haven't spoken to Tad in a while; I think you are correct in surmising his mail box is full, jump on his website and ask him for confirmation, he is a great guy. :-)

Rob
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,126 ✭✭
    bazinoz wrote:

On the 8802/Napa theme of the last few posts.

I've just added 2 more beauties to my collection. In their own way these 2 are possibly the most stunning of them so far.

First up, a Rife Bimini Island series. I already have a nice Rife Bimini but in a steel/satin finish. This one is dead-set gorgeous. The colors!

IMG-4317.jpg

IMG-4315.jpg

IMG-4316.jpg
    dude...that thing is sick!!!!
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,426 ✭✭

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

• Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,717 ✭✭
    Always wanted to try a slant neck but never knew of an OTR lefty. Guess you gotta go custom. Lawyers, Guns, and Money - Warren Zevon / Widespread Panic themed cavity engravings. 350 gram head, 22.5 degrees of toe hang. Sole is blank and shiny, or was before I put it in play. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• EgobblewobbleEgobblewobble Members Posts: 303 ✭✭
    sbjinx wrote:

I was also gonna wait for the new 2019 line to see if they had any new lefty options but I wasn’t gonna pay $400+ to get a putter with odyssey all over it. Ended up buying an Atlanta that should be here in a few days
    That dog'll hunt
  • EddyVNEddyVN Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Edel E-4. Loving it so far. Bit of an adjustment coming from my Brick. The face/feel is 100% different, but good. And I can pick up a ball again!
    D: Ping LST - Oban White
    FW: G400 - Diamana S+
    TM P790 UDI - KBS Proto X
    Titleist 718 CB - Nippon Proto ST 105X
    Wishon 50,54 - KBS Tour 130x
    Vokey SM7 58D
    Edel E-4
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,426 ✭✭

sbjinx wrote:

I was also gonna wait for the new 2019 line to see if they had any new lefty options but I wasn’t gonna pay $400+ to get a putter with odyssey all over it. Ended up buying an Atlanta that should be here in a few days

I get why they want the odyssey branding but IMO they should of kept the Toulon line as is. I am curious about the new stroke lab shafts but I’m sure I can just swap shafts and still save me few hundred bucks.

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

• Fairways to HeavenFairways to Heaven Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 9:09pm #5939
    Just got a SeeMore FGP Original Black Blade - milled SS303. My current putter was a Scotty Cameron x7m mallet and had ok results with it but it's time for a change. Looking forward to taking it out on the course the weekend.

Callaway GBB Epic, DR 11.5°
    Ping G400 SFT, 3W 16° & 5W 19°
    Callaway Apex '16 Hyb, 4 / 23°
    Srixon Z765, 5-8 iron (+2°), 9 iron (+1°)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46°08F
    / 50.08F / 54.10S / 60.08M
    SeeMore Nashville z3c black w/ superstroke flatso 2.0 countercore 
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • mjcst18mjcst18 Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Added two Piretti 801’s to the arsenal...

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M3 440 9* Tour AD GP 6X[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade 2017 M1 3W Tensei CK Pro 80TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 718 T-MB 2i Tour AD 95x[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z-Forged 4-PW PX LZ 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM7 50,56,62 KBS Tour Custom S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Piretti 801 Tour[/font]
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭
    mjcst18 wrote:

Added two Piretti 801's to the arsenal...

DROOL!!!!!