Garsen Puter grips

[quote name='GPRO1' timestamp='1399131432' post='9224115']
CHECK OUT THE GIVEAWAY FOR YOU FAVORITE GARSEN G-PRO PUTTER GRIP HERE ON GOLF WRX!
[/quote]

LOUD NOISES!

Link?

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

If anyone is interested, I've got my grips now and here are my initial thoughts. As I said earlier, i ordered both sizes. The smaller EDGE grip looks very nice! I like classic looking grips (and clubs, headcovers, bags, you name it), so this looks just right to me. The texture feels very nice as well!

The MAX grip does not look great in my opinion. It's better looking than the Super Stroke grips, but that's not saying much as I hate the look of those. The rubber ring on the top and bottom is much blacker than the "black" painted part on the actual grip. It almost looks kinda blue-ish in daylight. The texture is not as nice either, but I wasn't expecting that since it's made of a more lightweight material. The MAX did feel very nice in my hands though as it filled the hands without feeling too big. It has softer edges than the EDGE grip.

After a lot of gripping back and forth between the grips just placed on an empty shaft, I finally chose to install the MAX first as it feels a little more natural. I usually don't mind smaller grips, but my hands did seem to settle in a grip a little better with the larger grip. I've only used it on my indoor putting carpet so far, but I think I am going to like it!

It setsup the putter head dead square every time. Basically impossible to miss with the setup! I have often said that I really try to have no mechanical thoughts at all when putting, only focus on my line and just bowl role the ball towards the hole. But one thing that I do struggle with though is my right elbow during the back stroke. If I don't consciously keep my right elbow in to my body, it has a tendency to fly out causing all sorts of problems. That was really what peeked my interest in these grips, and I am happy to say (at least on my indoor putting green) it really works perfectly for me! My right elbow is now more tucked in without me having to think about!

If the weather is decent tomorrow (they say rain, but who are they anyways?), I'm going to head to the putting green and then play 18. I'm really excited about this and have a very positive feeling about it!

I'll get back to you if anyone is still interested to hear.

Cheers,
Max

[quote name='Maximilian' timestamp='1399457174' post='9248369']
If anyone is interested, I've got my grips now and here are my initial thoughts. As I said earlier, i ordered both sizes. The smaller EDGE grip looks very nice! I like classic looking grips (and clubs, headcovers, bags, you name it), so this looks just right to me. The texture feels very nice as well!

The MAX grip does not look great in my opinion. It's better looking than the Super Stroke grips, but that's not saying much as I hate the look of those. The rubber ring on the top and bottom is much blacker than the "black" painted part on the actual grip. It almost looks kinda blue-ish in daylight. The texture is not as nice either, but I wasn't expecting that since it's made of a more lightweight material. The MAX did feel very nice in my hands though as it filled the hands without feeling too big. It has softer edges than the EDGE grip.

After a lot of gripping back and forth between the grips just placed on an empty shaft, I finally chose to install the MAX first as it feels a little more natural. I usually don't mind smaller grips, but my hands did seem to settle in a grip a little better with the larger grip. I've only used it on my indoor putting carpet so far, but I think I am going to like it!

It setsup the putter head dead square every time. Basically impossible to miss with the setup! I have often said that I really try to have no mechanical thoughts at all when putting, only focus on my line and just bowl role the ball towards the hole. But one thing that I do struggle with though is my right elbow during the back stroke. If I don't consciously keep my right elbow in to my body, it has a tendency to fly out causing all sorts of problems. That was really what peeked my interest in these grips, and I am happy to say (at least on my indoor putting green) it really works perfectly for me! My right elbow is now more tucked in without me having to think about!

If the weather is decent tomorrow (they say rain, but who are they anyways?), I'm going to head to the putting green and then play 18. I'm really excited about this and have a very positive feeling about it!

I'll get back to you if anyone is still interested to hear.

Cheers,
Max
[/quote]

Looking forward to the report.

I have played a few rounds now with the Garsen Max Grip. I have found that my grip is more relaxed with the putter and I am getting thru the ball better. My putting is much better and have dropped some strokes already. I also seem to be leaving the ball closer to the hole on lag putts. So all in all I feel really good about the Garsen Max grip. I really like the concept and plan on continuing to work with the Garsen Max grip.

Gil Leonard

I've been using the Garsen Edge model since January. Currently set up on my Metal-X #5 CS and its made a big difference in my lag putting, comfort over the ball, and confidence with varying green speeds. I'm so comfortable with it that using a "regular" putter grip feels unnatural. I've tried several different Super Stroke grips in the past, as well as counter-balanced putter models, but within the first twenty minutes on the practice green with the Garsen I was on board.

Happy to hear you guys are liking it!

I didn't get out to day, but I did manage to go to the practise green last night. On longer putts it felt really good right away. The really short ones, the 2-3 foot ones, felt a bit weird at first. I'm so used to just knocking them in, but I didn't feel quite as confident on those with this grip. I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to it though.

All in all I think I like it. Still need to get a few rounds in before I can tell for sure though.

Just ordered one of these to try..I've been working hard to get my hands and forearms more neutral and this looks promising!

When I install, should I be focusing on the white hashmarks and the club face? I don't want to screw it up.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Yes square it up with the face and the alignment mark on the grip. You will be able to tell as you put it on. It really is very easy. Good luck I think you will like the grip. Mr. Garsen has made an outstanding set of grips and they really work. Also if you have any questions you can email him through the website. He is very good at responding in a timely fashion.

Gil Leonard

Recently picked up a pro midsize on white. Couple of very early thoughts, soon after installing the grip almost all of the coloring in the letters came off and the grip felt very dry. Never had this happen. Over the last few days or has gotten better and feels a bit softer. I've tried all kinds of putting styles and grips, literally everything on the market. This grip was the most odd feeling and hard to get used to grip I have ever used. I have been using the reverse overlap putter style grip since I was a kid and it was hard to fit that style on this grip. After a few days of playing around with it I was able to mold my grip style to this grip and now the feeling is fantastic. I've yet to use it on the course but at my practice area at home it has really helped me keep a constant stroke and since I am using an 8802 style putter it really keeps the club head square. Bad start with this grip but it's getting better and better.

Mavrik Sub Zero 8* AD DI 6X

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 13.5*

Callaway Apex UW 17* AD DI 7X

Callaway Apex UT 2 iron  Smoke Black

Sub 70 TC raw 4-pw  KBS 120 Black
Taylormade Hi-Toe 52 and 58

Odyssey 7s Stroke Lab

I've always had issues with manipulating the club and having a crazy, all over the place stroke. That ended as soon as I put a Garsen on there. Don't see myself using any other grip on my putter.

Titleist TSR3 9.0 w/ HZRDUS Blue 6.5
Titleist TSR3 13.5 w/ TENSEI Black 1K 75X
Titleist TSR2 18* hybrid w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Titleist T200 4 iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Titleist 5-P T150 w/ DG120 X100
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F bent to 48

Titleist Vokey SM9 54D, 60S
Toulon Las Vegas H7

Put the max on today. It does feel more comfortable than the regular flat front putter grip. Much more natural feeling with my elbows and wrists. Only time will tell if I'll actually drop a few more putts, but this is a good start.

Callaway Epic Sub Zero with Rogue Max
Cobra F6 Baffler
Ping g30 19*, 22*, 26* hybrids
Cobra Forged Tec 6i-GW
Ping Glide WS 54* and 60*
Evnroll ER7

[quote name='j.a.' timestamp='1400364219' post='9315229']
After reading this topic, I'm really interested as it might be the solution to my shaky hands and odd movements, however I tried to order both and it seems they don't ship to Australia.
[/quote]
Had the same problem with shipping to Sweden. I emailed Bernerd and he quickly sent me a PayPal invoice and shipped the grips to me.

In other personal news... I initially thought I would prefer the MAX grip, but after have re-gripped another putter with the EDGE grip, I can say that I prefer the EDGE. Better feel for me and I'm not having any trouble with getting handsy, so it's all positive!

Ive got the MAX grip. It honestly has made the most positive impact on my putting since realizing face balanced putters are better for my stroke. I know people are googoo over the super stroke to take the hands out of the stroke, but ive owned both and the design of the garsen does a much better job of taking the hands out due to design. My only con is its a booger to get lined up correctly when installing

[quote name='GPRO1' timestamp='1400512572' post='9323793']
[quote name='kmo' timestamp='1400498296' post='9322505']
Ive got the MAX grip. It honestly has made the most positive impact on my putting since realizing face balanced putters are better for my stroke. I know people are googoo over the super stroke to take the hands out of the stroke, but ive owned both and the design of the garsen does a much better job of taking the hands out due to design. My only con is its a booger to get lined up correctly when installing
[/quote] Hi guys the best way to install the MAX grip correctly is to make sure the line in the middle of the butt end of the grip
is straight across once you get it in place on the putter.
[/quote]
Good Deal Thanks for the reply LOVE the MAX pro if I could afford it id have a box standing by.

[quote name='Maximilian' timestamp='1400493143' post='9322421']
Had the same problem with shipping to Sweden. I emailed Bernerd and he quickly sent me a PayPal invoice and shipped the grips to me.

In other personal news... I initially thought I would prefer the MAX grip, but after have re-gripped another putter with the EDGE grip, I can say that I prefer the EDGE. Better feel for me and I'm not having any trouble with getting handsy, so it's all positive!
[/quote]

Many thanks. I'm already in contact with Bernerd.