Suggestions for Mallet putter covers?

Imp

Looking to replace the bright green headcover on my #7 Odyssey MXM with something that isn't so flourescent.

I've googled and searched and found a few places and they all seem to be 1 of three types:

1) Camo

2) Simple neoprene

3) Odyssey's Dragon/Clown/Girls/Cards (Or Taylormade branded stuff)

Ok, That could be 6 things. ;) I'm just looking for other options/different designs than the same old same old. If you can point me in the proper direction of 'different', that'd be great. Thanks! :pimp:

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solution = Sell the mallet putter and buy a blade putter. Blades are easier to lag with, look nicer, feel nicer, and you will putt better with them. Also, you won't have a hard time finding a cover for it. Besides, for the price you paid for that putter you should hire someone to make you a head cover. Personally, I think you could have bought a putter for 1/3 the price and putted just as well !

[quote name='Michael z' timestamp='1398436198' post='9168369']
Solution = Sell the mallet putter and buy a blade putter. Blades are easier to lag with, look nicer, feel nicer, and you will putt better with them. Also, you won't have a hard time finding a cover for it. Besides, for the price you paid for that putter you should hire someone to make you a head cover. Personally, I think you could have bought a putter for 1/3 the price and putted just as well !
[/quote]Not what I asked, but thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter.

--kC
(You should sell your car and get something different, because the one you own is the wrong one. Really?)

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[/quote]

If this is true why did I just switch from a blade to a mallet and start putting better?? I am hoping this is sarcasm but if not please tell me what putter you have and suggest what blade would make me a better putter.

OP I am in the same boat as you. I have a versa #7 and am looking to replace the stock cover that came with it.

[quote name='blaird' timestamp='1398443861' post='9169299']
[/quote]

If this is true why did I just switch from a blade to a mallet and start putting better?? I am hoping this is sarcasm but if not please tell me what putter you have and suggest what blade would make me a better putter.

OP I am in the same boat as you. I have a versa #7 and am looking to replace the stock cover that came with it.
[/quote]

Probably not sarcasm but the other s word...stupidity.

You guys should check out the new Odyssey swirl covers out now. I have the black one and white one. I'm using the black one on my ProType. Check out this thread for others:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/986717-odyssey-headcovers/

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

[quote name='Michael z' timestamp='1398476175' post='9172863']
I personally think all mallets should be disallowed from the USGA rules. They are aberrations of what putters were intended to be. I know this is just my opinion, but take a look at these 'things':
[/quote]

Troll much??

OP, when I was rolling my Kombi I hated the dinner plate head cover and picked up a club glove. It was much better.

[url="http://www.clubglove.com/CG/C03-Head-Covers.asp?categoryid=3"]http://www.clubglove.com/CG/C03-Head-Covers.asp?categoryid=3[/url]

Ping G400 AD-DI
Ping G425 3 Wood

Adams XTD 3 Hybrid
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Scratch 53 & 58
Studio Select Kombi

I agree with nuthin but a hacker, I like Odyssey's after-market putter covers. They have a magnetic closer which is nice, I have the odyssey tempest cover seen here:

Odyssey%20Tempest%20Mallet%20Putter%20Cover-500x500.jpg

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

• 2 months later...

I wish there were more options for mallet putter headcovers too. I've got the tank #7 and my headcover has seen it's better days. I would pay good money for a quality headcover with some uniqueness. Hope somebody has a solution.

Btw, the tank #7 has helped my putting so much. I was putting so bad with my pretty Scotty Coronodo that I wanted to break it in 100 pieces. The counterbalanced tank #7 has given me such confidence. It's not pretty but it's a hell of a great putter.

[quote name='Michael z' timestamp='1398436198' post='9168369']Solution = Sell the mallet putter and buy a blade putter. Blades are easier to lag with, look nicer, feel nicer, and you will putt better with them. Also, you won't have a hard time finding a cover for it. Besides, for the price you paid for that putter you should hire someone to make you a head cover. Personally, I think you could have bought a putter for 1/3 the price and putted just as well ![/quote]

Wow hahaha

• 7 months later...

Old thread lives again!
I have the same question; a Tank #7 with a hideous / beat up / non-matching-the-rest-of-my-covers headcover...
Does anyone have ideas on custom options for it?

Thanks.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1426083088' post='11121061']
Isn't the PGA going to outlaw mallet putters?
[/quote]

A year later and you're still trolling this thread? I'd like a headcover for your posts.

Toulon Chicago

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1426083088' post='11121061']
Isn't the PGA going to outlaw mallet putters?
[/quote]When I play in Detroit, I hope to get a round in with you guys. I'll show you how well the Mallet works. ;)

[quote name='ChrisBURR69' timestamp='1398439314' post='9168785']
I would suggest to check out girly golfer if you are looking for a custom headcover. she can make just about anything!

http://girlygolfer.com/
[/quote]
I have a Tank Cruiser No 7 and was looking for a custom headcover. Has anybody ordered one from girlygolfer? I would love to see the results.

[quote name='Nic1972' timestamp='1426105346' post='11123515']
I would suggest to check out girly golfer if you are looking for a custom headcover. she can make just about anything!

[url="http://girlygolfer.com/"]http://girlygolfer.com/[/url]
[/quote]
I have a Tank Cruiser No 7 and was looking for a custom headcover. Has anybody ordered one from girlygolfer? I would love to see the results.
[/quote]

I'd love to find a source for making custom headcovers but I want mine in the style of the Odyssey headcovers. The mallet covers she makes are just to square and boxy for me. I offered to send her one of mine that she could make me a custom based off of but she didn't seem interested in that. Now her blade style covers are pretty darn slick. But I don't use blade style putters.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1426105828' post='11123593']
Just a little fun, relax, good putting with your mallets. peace.
[/quote]Dude, naw, dude. You brought the fight here, you stick around and take it like a man. No back peddlin' like those other flat stick totin' wannabe putters. :lol:

--kC
(Yeah, I know it's in good fun!) :lol:

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1426159893' post='11127309']
[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1426105828' post='11123593']
Just a little fun, relax, good putting with your mallets. peace.
[/quote]Dude, naw, dude. You brought the fight here, you stick around and take it like a man. No back peddlin' like those other flat stick totin' wannabe putters. :lol:

--kC
(Yeah, I know it's in good fun!) :lol:
[/quote]Ok, let's see. I do own an Odyssey Marksman Mallet, but haven't used it in a couple years. Not much of a better club out there for alignment, but for distance it feels like a brick on the end of the shaft. I do pull it out every once in a while just for fun, but always go back to the blade. I'd even sell it to one of you guys in here. As far as covers for them, i'm sure they hard to come by, maybe get the wive's to make on for you. Easier solution is this: Sell the mallet and get a blade style, it's the 'golf etiquette' thing to do.

http://girlygolfer.com/
[/quote]
[/quote]

I've only got blade covers from her but the quality and magnetic closure is the best I've seen.

Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1212980-stillboards-witb/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/[/url]

[quote name='Stillboard' timestamp='1426172062' post='11128237']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I've only got blade covers from her but the quality and magnetic closure is the best I've seen.
[/quote]I would like to add this, I have a TM Spider Blade, which actually almost feels like the weight of a mallet putter because of it's extended shaft and other weighting characteristics. The point I want to make is that it has a 'velcro' seal on what is otherwise a beautiful head cover. I don't understand why they use velcro on head covers, as the velcro eventually gives out and doesn't adhere well. On my Odyssey Marksman mallet they use a magnet, which works great. Point, which may already be desired by you folks is, a magnet closure is better then Velcro, IMO.

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1426172962' post='11128359']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]I would like to add this, I have a TM Spider Blade, which actually almost feels like the weight of a mallet putter because of it's extended shaft and other weighting characteristics. The point I want to make is that it has a 'velcro' seal on what is otherwise a beautiful head cover. I don't understand why they use velcro on head covers, as the velcro eventually gives out and doesn't adhere well. On my Odyssey Marksman mallet they use a magnet, which works great. Point, which may already be desired by you folks is, a magnet closure is better then Velcro, IMO.
[/quote]

They use Velcro on big mallet covers because its hard to get big enough magnets in a headcover that will stick together and hold the cover on the putter. At least thats my assumptio. I had a #7 MXM-V and the magnets in it were not enough to keep it on the putter. I had to go back and find it a few times because it would just fall off.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag

[quote name='nuthin but a hacker' timestamp='1426174581' post='11128535']
[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1426172962' post='11128359']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They use Velcro on big mallet covers because its hard to get big enough magnets in a headcover that will stick together and hold the cover on the putter. At least thats my assumptio. I had a #7 MXM-V and the magnets in it were not enough to keep it on the putter. I had to go back and find it a few times because it would just fall off.
[/quote]Interesting. Although, like mentioned above, my Marksman has magnets and they work great.
Regards

Gonna get kind of sentimental here. For my scotty studio blade I use my daughters old Sz 5 winter boot it fits absolutely perfect. And, now that I have the new futura, I have swiped her favourite toque that didnt fit her any more. Got the wife to knit and sew a sock on it and now I have, in my mind, the perfect head cover for my newest edition to my bag

[quote name='turftaker' timestamp='1426187595' post='11130125']
Gonna get kind of sentimental here. For my scotty studio blade I use my daughters old Sz 5 winter boot it fits absolutely perfect. And, now that I have the new futura, I have swiped her favourite toque that didnt fit her any more. Got the wife to knit and sew a sock on it and now I have, in my mind, the perfect head cover for my newest edition to my bag
[/quote]

I love stuff like that; very cool.

Toulon Chicago