Truth of Fiction???

Gxgolfer ·  
GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals
Can the Spring like effect (.COR) increase as the driver gets older through use??? Is this a cause for cracked heads?
Posted:
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Comments

• obagainobagain Charter Members  173WRX Points: 0Posts: 173
    The amout would be very minimal at best.

Most heads crack from over heating while reshafting or hitting it repeatedly on the top weld.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members  5347WRX Points: 183Handicap: +3Posts: 5,347 Titanium Tees
    I can tell you that the effect is just the opposite. What happens is the metal get fatiqued over time and begins to soften a bit. While it's minimal, it does reduce the "tightness" or elasticity effect when compared to a fresher, newer metal face. 99.999999999% of the time, you, I and everyone else won't be able to tell the difference but it does exist.

Believe it or not, this is straight from my college days long ago as it was one class that I actually attended because the prof, well let's just say she was a hottie. image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> image/idhitit.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />

Jim

Gxgolfer wrote on May 16 2005, 10:40 AM:
    Can the Spring like effect (.COR) increase as the driver gets older through use???  Is this a cause for cracked heads?
    »

Posted:
    PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
    PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
    TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals
    Hifade wrote on May 16 2005, 08:19 PM:
    I can tell you that the effect is just the opposite. What happens is the metal get fatiqued over time and begins to soften a bit. While it's minimal, it does reduce the "tightness" or elasticity effect when compared to a fresher, newer metal face. 99.999999999% of the time, you, I and everyone else won't be able to tell the difference but it does exist.

Believe it or not, this is straight from my college days long ago as it was one class that I actually attended because the prof, well let's just say she was a hottie.  image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />  image/idhitit.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />  image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />

Jim
    »

Does anyone get Golfweek? Supposedly this was said by John Solheim:

"We see it all the time. The ball goes farther after the driver has been used a while."
    Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GolfchicagoGolfchicago Charter Members  2944WRX Points: 55Posts: 2,944 Titanium Tees
    Gxgolfer wrote on May 16 2005, 11:47 PM:
    Does anyone get Golfweek?  Supposedly this was said by John Solheim:
    »

Yikes I hope this wasnt Hifades professor. image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' /> image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rtfm:' />
    Posted:
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members  5347WRX Points: 183Handicap: +3Posts: 5,347 Titanium Tees
    I didn't see that article and John's not a hottie in my book. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' /> I can only speak for what the basic characteristics of metal are after being flexed and fatiqued over time. I was simply applying those characteristics to the face of a golf club. Makes sense, doen't it? Metal is metal is metal and under stress, loses it's durability over time. Apply the same theory to shafts. A softer shaft does not "spring back" or snap back as quickly as a stiffer one and that's why you have to be stronger to load or flex a stiffer shaft and get the most out of it. Here's another one; if the springs on a trampoline were loosened, would you spring back as easily? I think it would have a deadening effect. How about these analogies.....ever hit balls into a net that's real tight? The ball rebounds off the net or "springs" back at you more readily that if the net is hanging loosely. The looser the net the deader the impact and the ball just falls down. Ever dribble a basketball and hit a loose, fatiqued, dead spot in the wood on the floor? It kills the rebound or "spring back" effect of the basketball.

I'm no scientist but coomon sense sometimes prevails.

Just my .02

Jim

Golfchicago wrote on May 17 2005, 04:30 AM:
    Yikes I hope this wasnt Hifades professor. image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />  image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />  image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />  image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rtfm:' />
    »

Posted:
    PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
    PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
    TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.