Grapehunter's WITB M1 inside

Comments

• GrapehunterGrapehunter Live and play with passion Members Posts: 1,014

Nice write up! Cool clubs is the best.

Thanks Scratch! Yeah definitely worth the money. When the new 915's come out I might have to visit them again.
    M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members Posts: 11,487 ✭✭
    enis750 wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

I hope it rusts. I think that it is more of a plating, the sole on mine is already completely silver.

is the finish removable you think Pure?

like a CLR bath would take it off, or no?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it's a plating whereas the SM5 black finish is raw and can be CLR'd or stripped.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
  • Hit em goodHit em good Hit em good Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭
    Sweeeeet set up. How do you like that bag?
    Driver: 07 Burner TP
    4 wood: Ping G25
    7 wood: Ping G25
    23° hybrd:  Ping G25
    5i - pw: Mizuno MP64
    Wedges 50° / 54° / 58°: Cleveland Rotex 2.0 (2 dot , 3 dot , 2 dot)
    Putter: Ping Redwood Anser
    Ball: Titleist Pro v1x / Pro v1
    Bag: Titlest Stand Bag / 4 way top
    edited Jul 4, 2014 #65

Sweeeeet set up. How do you like that bag?

Thanks! I love my current set up at the moment. Just making some tweaks to the irons and getting some custom wedges soon. I sent my Titleist bag back for warranty work and I've got a Sunmountain four5 bag on the way. I'm getting close to a full custom bag. Few loose ends but that will be taken care of soon. Thanks for the comment!
    M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />
    Small Carry bag update. SM Four5 in the mix. Vokey SM4 wedges back in the bag until I order my TVD wedges. Bettinardi is firmly in the bag until my Machines get here. Will be making some length changes to my irons soon but tweaking existing gear isn't my style. I prefer custom ordering clubs without having to change them again so I might be in the hunt for new Irons soon. Love my AP2's so this might be a difficult task. Stay tuned!
  • ge0visge0vis Web Developer Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    I want both those bags, but I would go with the 714 bag with a slight edge!
    Cobra King LTD Pro - Project X black Stiff
    Srixon 545 5-pw - Nippon Stiff
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58 Stiff
    Byron Morgan DH89
    ge0vis wrote:

I want both those bags, but I would go with the 714 bag with a slight edge!

I might have one for sale soon. PM if interested.
  • skylargolfskylargolf Members Posts: 1,025 ✭✭
    Love your bag man!
    TM R15 w/ Matrix 6m3 s
    TM RBZ 15* w/ UST VTS silver 7x
    Ping Rapture DI w/ Fuji Speeder 9.8 TS s
    Ping s55 3-W w/ CFS x
    Vokey SM5 52*, TVD 58* w/ s400
    Piretti Cotton Wood II
    skylargolf wrote:

Love your bag man!

Thanks Skylargolf!
    edited Jul 24, 2014 #71

Just a little teaser pic

25pgw8x.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KPH808KPH808 Participation Trophy ClubWRX Posts: 2,637 ClubWRX
    How are you still liking that driver combo? I picked up a BCP and am thinking of shafting it with a Motore Speeder TS 7.2x or maybe even a Whiteboard.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=times new roman,times,serif]Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
    TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
    Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
    Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
    Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M
    [/font]
    [/font]
    KPH808 wrote:

How are you still liking that driver combo? I picked up a BCP and am thinking of shafting it with a Motore Speeder TS 7.2x or maybe even a Whiteboard.

Still loving the BCP with the TS7.2. Only reason I didn't opt for the D+ "New Whiteboard" is because I've always had good luck with the Speeder shafts and didn't want to break the matching shafts in the 3 wood and fairway. My OCD would never allow it lol.
  • ge0visge0vis Web Developer Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Cool Clubs looks like Heaven need to go there!!! Closest one is in Chicago!
    Cobra King LTD Pro - Project X black Stiff
    Srixon 545 5-pw - Nippon Stiff
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58 Stiff
    Byron Morgan DH89
    ge0vis wrote:

Cool Clubs looks like Heaven need to go there!!! Closest one is in Chicago!

Totally worth it! I've gone back a few times to use the rest of the facility as well. You could spend the whole day there and I plan on doing just that on Monday.
    edited Jul 28, 2014 #76
    My first (completed) Machine Putter: M2A Converter

Full review coming soon! For now, enjoy the pics image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

2q2pclk.jpg

2dbndj4.jpg

2upbl1j.jpg

34t1wjn.jpg

2z9ejv8.jpg

2nrdbhe.jpg

2vd4ccx.jpg

5ue2av.jpg

2qw065i.jpg

o0575.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • obrientfobrientf Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    edited Jul 28, 2014 #77
    The milling on that machine putter is fierce! Nice looking flat stick.
    TaylorMade M1 Aldila Rouge 70x
    Titleist 13* 913 F.d Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
    Titleist 18* 915 H Aldila Rouge 85x
    Titleist T-MB 4 Iron True Temper AMT X-100
    Miura MB-001 5-PW Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50,56
    Bellum Winmore CloverDale
    obrientf wrote:

The milling on that machine putter is fierce! Nice looking flat stick.

Thank you! The grooves are the real deal, but more on that later image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • ObsessedObsessed Members Posts: 162 ✭✭
    Love the grip. Real leather?

Adjustable length shaft?
    Obsessed wrote:

[size="3"]Love the grip. Real leather?[/size]

[size="3"]Adjustable length shaft? [/size]

Yes, real leather grip and head cover. The smell is glorious lol.

The shaft length isn't adjustable but you can order different hosel types (which are interchangeable) with Machine and just specify a different length shaft at that time too.
    Finally had a chance to take out the irons and wedges I just ordered. Think there is going to be some changes to the gamer bag coming very soon. Took my other two sets out to the range as well to do some comparisons. Very interesting to say the least.

What's new:

- Mizuno MP4 Irons 4-PW, DGX100, White out/Blue Grips

- Vokey TVD 50 degree Wedge, DGX100 (Tiger Stepped), Tour Velvet Grip

- Vokey SM5 Indigo M Grind Wedges 54 bent to 55 and 60 degree

Here are some pics:

2u8ypv5.jpg

2ed9mvq.jpg

qqu0s9.jpg

swr67b.jpg

2j45wtf.jpg

2u9ofhi.jpg

24ealjp.jpg

2m4y7p4.jpg

30lh0yg.jpg

ev5l06.jpg

xpq0dj.jpg

b8lkzm.jpg

6stohj.jpg

117tk6v.jpg

30wqq7b.jpg

2ylvk2u.jpg

xcm54x.jpg

2j703c.jpg

2ljmb60.jpg
  • ShutSteepStuckShutSteepStuck Grinding like Briny Baird The ValleyMembers Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    All GREAT looking (and performing) sticks to choose from. Any updates from the course or range session?
    g400max 9*- rogue 125 60tx
    m2 tour 15.8* - ad gp-8x
    m2 tour 19.8* - diamana s 83x
    4-gw ap1 712 - s300's
    mp-t10 56.10 - s300
    tvd 60m - ti s400
    piretti potenza ii 365g 34"
    Took the MP4's and Vokey's out again today. Love the way the Mizuno MP4's feel but I think I made the wrong shaft choice. Yesterday when I compared them to the Miuras and AP2's I was surprised to see how high the MP4's were launching which was exactly what I didn't want. I'm pretty sure it's a shaft issue because I played in some pretty windy condition today and the Mizunos ballooned like crazy. In hindsight I should've just stuck to what I know has worked well for me which are the CTapers. Not sure if I'll get them re shafted or just get something else altogether.

The Vokey's on the other hand were deadly. Off the fairway, in the grass, in the sand. That M grind is working beautifully for me and the SM5 heads feel heavier than the SM4's. Can't verify that to be true or not but I love the way they sit and look at address.
    Just a little update:

It wasn't making sense to me that the Mizuno's were flying significantly shorter than the AP2's and Miuras despite the difference in shafts so I played the last two rounds with my AP2's and the same thing was happening. Swing definitely wasn't feeling in sync, more so my release felt way off. That's something I've been working on the last couple of days and just towards the end of today I finally got that familiar feeling back. Went over to the local Golf Mart to try my Mizuno's and AP2's on the sim again. Things were starting to feel good again and distances were climbing back up. I have a tournament coming up this Monday the 11th and won't really have time between now and then to practice so hope that "feel" holds up until then. I also did a little Mizuno Shaft optimizer session while at Golf Mart to see what it spit out for suggestions. Came out with DGX100's, Project X 6.5 and KBS Tour X. Got the X100's in the Mizunos so I'll keep them unchanged for now given that my swing was out of whack.
  • Marshawn LynchMarshawn Lynch Members Posts: 397
    pretty hard to beat AP2 with PXI
    ckelly78 wrote:

pretty hard to beat AP2 with PXI

I've got the C-Tapers in mine and they have been glorious. They have been very difficult to kick out of the bag. Only thing I'm looking for at this point is a lower flight.
    After another couple of range sessions I just can't find the accuracy or confidence in the Mizuno MP4 irons. As beautiful as they are I just can't get comfortable with them. I've got a tournament tomorrow. The 714 AP2's will be in the bag. MP4's are headed to the BST.
  • ShutSteepStuckShutSteepStuck Grinding like Briny Baird The ValleyMembers Posts: 1,502 ✭✭

MP4's are headed to the BST.

I saw that.

Do you think c tapers would have helped with the dispersion discrepancies? Can't go wrong with the ap2's. Play well tomorrow.
    g400max 9*- rogue 125 60tx
    m2 tour 15.8* - ad gp-8x
    m2 tour 19.8* - diamana s 83x
    4-gw ap1 712 - s300's
    mp-t10 56.10 - s300
    tvd 60m - ti s400
    piretti potenza ii 365g 34"
    Post Tourney update...

Felt like I played pretty well. Me and the boss were paired with a couple of loud mouth jackasses. Right from the start they were talking about how they are single digit handicaps blah blah blah. I don't mind people with self confidence but these two were kind of obnoxious. As luck would have it, one of them was fired from our dealership a few years back before I got there. In a way I think it probably made me play better because I wanted to shut these ****** bags up. It was a shamble format which means we all hit from the best tee shot and then played our own ball from there on out.

At the end of the day these two were decent players but no where near as good as they made themselves sound. I just kept my head down and played my game. Jell-O shots every 4 holes. Hot vendor girls in high heels. Our team ended up second overall and I personally shot a 75 which was a +4 on that course. Very happy with my score and playing overall. Strongest part of my game was my iron play and putting. Got a few good knocks out there with the driver. Beautiful private Country Club full of rich beautiful people. Small greens, would've been a lot more difficult from one more tee back but was able to carry most of the trouble off the tee. Overall pretty happy.

... and now a couple of pics. Literally 2

t5hnch.jpg

24e8ksi.jpg

• Beastmode BrokerBeastmode Broker Canadian AF Members Posts: 6,321 ✭✭
    so the AP2's performed as you hoped?

they are so good ...... so good
    Taylormade M1 440 9.5 | Kuro Kage DC 60 X
    Taylormade M2 15 | RIP Alpha B 70 X
    Callaway XHP 20 | RIP Alpha 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900T 4-PW | TI DGX100 ssx1
    Callaway MD3 RAW 52S / 56W | DGS300
    Titleist Vokey SM6 RAW 58K | DGS400
    Taylormade Milled Collection Mullen 35"