Adidas Climachill

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBG has them for $42.77 right now

Cobra Orange Bio Cell 'ahina 70
Adams 3446-F 16* Diamana Redboard 73 (Tour issue)
Adams Super LS XTD Fairway 19* Matrix 7X3 White Tie (Tour issue)
Adams Super Hybrid XTD Ti 21* Fubuki Axe
Ping i20 5-UW KBS Tour
Callaway X-forged MD C-grind 53* and 58* KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Squareback w/ Salty Jumbo

I've got one on right now and they are super comfortable. The little aluminum dots do feel cool on the nape of your neck which is cool, not sure if it actually does anything besides feel nice. I definitely love the way they fit too.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

The Adidas marketing machine at work again. I'll try and make this as least technical as I can...think about what happens to metal when you put it next to something hot. The metal warms up. Think about putting metal against something that is running hot like your body. Again, the only thing that can happen is for the metal to warm up. You guys got sold a couple of magical beans.

[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1400279273' post='9310791']
The Adidas marketing machine at work again. I'll try and make this as least technical as I can...think about what happens to metal when you put it next to something hot. The metal warms up. Think about putting metal against something that is running hot like your body. Again, the only thing that can happen is for the metal to warm up. You guys got sold a couple of magical beans.
[/quote] Have you tried the shirt? They do not have metal, they are small dots of aluminum, which reflect heat

[/quote]

I have been wearing this shirt all day and the magic beans are still cold my friend.

Remove your tin foil hat and rejoin the conversation, not everything is a conspiracy.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]

[quote name='SoonerChris ' timestamp='1400271746' post='9310171']
Surprised there hasn't been a post on this yet.

[/quote]

There's a featured article on these on the home page too

TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
Piretti Teramo CS
Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1059465-bpark1210-witb-bridgestone-pic-heavy/page__pid__9832393#entry9832393"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1400278866' post='9310761'][quote name='Golfdaddy44' timestamp='1400274775' post='9310425']
RBG has them for $42.77 right now
[/quote]

What is RBG?[/quote]

Rockbottomgolf

Ping i20 5-UW KBS Tour

[quote name='JA5ON ' timestamp='1400279863' post='9310839']
[/quote] Have you tried the shirt? They do not have metal, they are small dots of aluminum, which reflect heat
[/quote]

Ok..did you even read what you just wrote? I work in the apparel industry and Adidas is my customer. They know it doesn't work. Just like the energy polos with Celliant technology. Celliant is designed to increase blood flow which in turn warms you. Yet, they claimed it cooled you. You want to believe it is cool, but the fact is that the body heat you just described is reflected back on you. Thus, warming you.

[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1400281511' post='9310957']
[/quote]

Ok..did you even read what you just wrote? I work in the apparel industry and Adidas is my customer. They know it doesn't work. Just like the energy polos with Celliant technology. Celliant is designed to increase blood flow which in turn warms you. Yet, they claimed it cooled you. You want to believe it is cool, but the fact is that the body heat you just described is reflected back on you. Thus, warming you.
[/quote] Did you try the shirt? I personally have, and own a few of them. They have alot of ventilation cut into the shirt, those beads keep the shirt from sticking to the back of your neck and shoulders

[quote name='JA5ON ' timestamp='1400281789' post='9310983']
[/quote]

[/quote] Did you try the shirt? I personally have, and own a few of them. They have alot of ventilation cut into the shirt, those beads keep the shirt from sticking to the back of your neck and shoulders
[/quote]

We test every technology at my company. I have tested these shirts and we have tested them in a lab setting. The dots actually get warmer in testing. Just check and see how they feel when coming out of the dryer. They are hot. That's because they absorb heat and cold. Adidas markets them as getting cold or the "chill" part of the shirt when it is exactly the opposite.

Regarding ventilation, that is another story. Ventilation has been cut into shirts for years whether through laser cutting holes, sewn in panels or sewn in laser cut panels. Lots of shirts have ventilation these days.

Regarding it sticking to your neck, any shirt with any moisture management will keep the shirt from sticking to your neck. Just make sure you don't use dryer sheets on your shirts.

[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1400282381' post='9311027']
[/quote]

[/quote]

We test every technology at my company. I have tested these shirts and we have tested them in a lab setting. The dots actually get warmer in testing. Just check and see how they feel when coming out of the dryer. They are hot. That's because they absorb heat and cold. Adidas markets them as getting cold or the "chill" part of the shirt when it is exactly the opposite.

Regarding ventilation, that is another story. Ventilation has been cut into shirts for years whether through laser cutting holes, sewn in panels or sewn in laser cut panels. Lots of shirts have ventilation these days.

Regarding it sticking to your neck, any shirt with any moisture management will keep the shirt from sticking to your neck. Just make sure you don't use dryer sheets on your shirts.
[/quote]

So you're telling me the cold feeling dots on the back of my neck, right now, as I type, are a placebo? Or are you saying that they are in fact warmer but I think they feel colder? I am confused simply because myself and the other people that have also worn them felt the same.

Aluminum is a very good conducting material. It serves to carry heat away from the body to the shirt where it can cool with air, that is cooler than the body. No snake oil here.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

[quote name='JA5ON ' timestamp='1400285405' post='9311287']
So does your company spend money testing every manufactures product in order to find a material to sell? I am sorry for my ignorance in the matter, its just that your initial post seemed like a drive by bashing of the product
[/quote]

We are constantly looking for the best product on the market today. We test everything. Amazingly Brands don't build budgets for testing technologies so we offer it out as a service. In this case, we tested for Adidas and it came back with opposite results. But, their marketing dept thought they could spin it into a story because a couple of employees said the dots raised their shirt off their back allowing air to flow a little more easily when it was windy out. So, the marketing dept said that chill is all about one's perception and they could use that.

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1400286260' post='9311367']
[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1400282381' post='9311027']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you're telling me the cold feeling dots on the back of my neck, right now, as I type, are a placebo? Or are you saying that they are in fact warmer but I think they feel colder? I am confused simply because myself and the other people that have also worn them felt the same.
[/quote]

You should feel a cool sensation when the dots first hit your skin when you put the shirt on, then they will warm to your body temperature. The hotter you get, the hotter they will get.

[quote name='ZBigStick' timestamp='1400308102' post='9312843']
Aluminum is a very good conducting material. It serves to carry heat away from the body to the shirt where it can cool with air, that is cooler than the body. No snake oil here.
[/quote]

This is not true. Metal is not directional. It doesn't move heat or cold in one way and not the other. These will warm or cool to their surroundings. In this warming against your body. Snake oil.

[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1400327913' post='9313215']
[/quote]

This is not true. Metal is not directional. It doesn't move heat or cold in one way and not the other. These will warm or cool to their surroundings. In this warming against your body. Snake oil.
[/quote]

Chili, is it ok if I pm you a question about this? I don't want to put it on the forum because it may be a stupid question, but I know you're the person to ask.

Well whether or not is a gimmick I will leave up to the individual to decide. I will tell you with 100% certainty that while I had the shirt on all day, both inside and outside, the dots felt cool on my neck and the shirt is very comfortable and I enjoyed it. Maybe I am lying to myself but I don't think so. I'd love to hear some input from people who have actually worn them as well.

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1400332333' post='9313461']
Well whether or not is a gimmick I will leave up to the individual to decide. I will tell you with 100% certainty that while I had the shirt on all day, both inside and outside, the dots felt cool on my neck and the shirt is very comfortable and I enjoyed it. Maybe I am lying to myself but I don't think so. I'd love to hear some input from people who have actually worn them as well.
[/quote] Im with you on this one, I have several and they perform out here in the desert heat.

[quote name='KuroOuji54' timestamp='1400331891' post='9313435']
[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1400327913' post='9313215']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Chili, is it ok if I pm you a question about this? I don't want to put it on the forum because it may be a stupid question, but I know you're the person to ask.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Feel free.

[quote name='JA5ON ' timestamp='1400334190' post='9313575']
[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1400332333' post='9313461']
[/quote] Im with you on this one, I have several and they perform out here in the desert heat.
[/quote]

You and Bruins (and any others that feel the same) are certainly entitled to that opinion. It is highly perception when it comes to apparel for the most part so what you perceive is the feeling of coolness. I am just relaying that the test data says differently and even Adidas acknowledges that it doesn't work.

The closest thing we've tested to giving you a feeling of coolness is Columbia's Omnifreeze. Unfortunately, it is a technology that is printed on and will only last between 3-5 washings before it washes out. The best technology in my opinion comes from one of our competitors. It is the Coldblack technology that UA uses. It is basically crushed up ceramic in the yarn (which doesn't make it the most comfortable unfortunately) but reflect sunlight in dark fabrics similar to what a white fabric would do.

How do these fit? I like an athletic cut like JL. I hate shirts that have too much material at the waist and make you look sloppy when tucked.

Ping i20 5-UW KBS Tour

[/quote]

This is pretty accurate.

Alright guys. Let's explain this with facts, and by facts I mean science. It's not complicated and I'll explain it very simply, don't worry.

Aluminum has a low specific heat capacity. What does that mean? It's a fancy way of saying how long it takes for aluminum (or any substance) to heat up and how long it retains that temperature for. Here's an example. Put a hot frying pan in a bucket of cold water for like 10 seconds. It'll cool down nicely so that you can touch it. For reference, aluminum's specific heat is about .2 and water's is 1 (the standard), meaning it heats up and loses that heat significantly faster than water.

Now to understand the rest of this, you'll have to understand this: cold is the absence of heat. Why? Because heat is energy, so the absence of energy (in this case heat) is cold. Very rudimentary explanation but it does the job.

So now let's think about a few things. But first let me assume that these aluminum dots are very thin. Our INTERNAL body temperature is some 98F or so. However, one of the wonders of the human body is the skin's ability to be significantly colder than internal body temperature. This is a good thing. If our skin held out internal body temperature, 1) we wouldn't last very long and 2) life would be like living in a hot tub, very uncomfortable.

So we know there's a significant temperature discrepancy between our outside body temperature and our inside body temperature. But with this shirt, we're more concerned with outside body temp. Now we have to compare the outside air temperature to the outside body temperature.

If the outside air temperature (or the temperature of the room you're sitting in) is colder than the temperature of your skin, a thermodynamic (fancy word for exchange of heat) process occurs. If the aluminum dots are 70F and your skin is 75F, there's an exchange of heat between the aluminum and your skin. The aluminum will heat fairly quickly to your 75F, and then stay there. However when that aluminum is no longer in contact with your skin, it will after a fairly short period of time, lose that heat and return to the air temperature.

If the air temperature is cooler than your skin's temperature, it will remove heat from the points of contact with your body and then exchange that with the environment. If the air temperature is warmer than your skin, the aluminum dots will feel hot, thus warming you. It's just a simple exchange of heat.

Make sense? Let me know! Hope this helps.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]