Ogio Silencer Stand Golf Bag. Finally!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked awesome, and I may yet get it. However, the item description SUCKS.

Is there shoulder straps? Single cart strap or Shoxx? 7 pockets for what? Where are they? Any insulated?

Total weight?

This is a bit surprising... I would expect Ogio to be a little more forthcoming...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1401339826' post='9387249']
Anyone find out anything about this bag? Is it in stock anywhere?
[/quote]
I saw it at PGA Superstore last week. Its fairly light and looks nice. I do like it but it doesn't beat my Sun Mountain Four 5 bag weight and minimal size. Maybe when the SM Four 5 breaks down i would upgrade.

It is very light and the locking mechanism is better than the Ogio Chamber. The putter hole is wider for super stroke / fatter grips and does not lock. Only 13 slots lock.

I'm trying to convince one of my buddies to buy so I can see how it is first hand.

OGIO customer service sucks. Buyer beware of their stuff.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

[quote name='MaitriMike' timestamp='1400615699' post='9333743']
Has anyone see this yet?

[url="http://ogio.com/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/4122/s/silencer/"]http://ogio.com/cata...122/s/silencer/[/url]

Anyone has inside scoop or real pics? and also how much does it weigh, that is my biggest concern as my Ogio Chamber is heavy.
[/quote]

I just ordered this bag the other day from TGW.com with a 15% discount code that knocks it down to $195. ($202 shipped). I currently have a Bag Boy Clip-Lok cart bag that I like a lot, but it is heavy. I've been looking for a stand bag with the same type of technology to keep my clubs from banging together. I did a little research before I purchased and found this info:

[b]OGIO Men's Silencer Stand Bag[/b]
Enjoy a relaxing stroll around the course, by quieting those noisy clubs, with the OGIO Men's Silencer Stand Bag. Unique, 14-way top has high-grade polymer membranes to securely hold clubs and minimize clattering while walking. The molded bottom piece, with flex grab teeth, lock clubs in place eliminating movement and shifting. Featuring OGIO SHOXX 4 full suspension strap system that equalizes the load of the bag, no matter how heavy, across both shoulders for reduced strain.

[b]Weight: 5.9 Pounds[/b]

[b]Club Organization[/b]
Large, 14-way custom-molded top
[b]Pockets: 7 (Total)[/b]
Accessory pocket
Apparel pocket
Golf ball pocket
...and more
[b]Additional Details[/b]
High-grade polymer membranes secure clubs
Molded bottom piece has flex grab teeth
When properly inserted, clubs stay in place and won't fall out
Adjustable elastomeric straps
Equalizes weight evenly across both shoulders
Reduced strain on neck, shoulders and back
Cart strap channel
Pen sleeve
Easy grab trunk handle

I'll put it up against my current bag when it arrives, but at 5.9 pounds, this will definitely be lighter.

Adams XTD, 9*, Matrix 7Q3 Red Tie X-Flex
TEE CB4 3W, 15*, Aldila RIP 70X
TEE CB4 2H/3H, 17*/19*, Aldila RIP 80X
TM-J Burner Forged 5-9 KBS-C Taper, S+
TM TPxFT 50*, 54* and 60*
Scotty Cameron Red X2 3-dot lawsuit

[/quote]

I'll post more when I receive it but this is the info I found:

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1400718782' post='9343195']

Is there shoulder straps? Single cart strap or Shoxx? 7 pockets for what? Where are they? Any insulated?

Total weight?

This is a bit surprising... I would expect Ogio to be a little more forthcoming...
[/quote]

Built for efficiency, organization and ease, the Silencer features 7 pockets. Pockets include an insulated zippered [url="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php?r=5316&m=1422755281&q=n&rdgt=1401723337&it=1401896137&et=1402328137&priceret=59.99&pg=~~3&k=33a1e155d9d87cb1debdba041feac7fc&source=feed&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eamazon%2Ecom%2Fgp%2Foffer%2Dlisting%2FB005PU78BE%2Fref%3Dasc%5Fdf%5FB005PU78BE3088776%3Fie%3DUTF8%26condition%3Dnew%26tag%3Dpgmp%2D449%2D01%2D20%26creative%3D395169%26creativeASIN%3DB005PU78BE%26linkCode%3Ddf2&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~"]water bottle pocket[/url], as well as a [url="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php?r=5316&m=1525287157&q=n&rdgt=1401725716&it=1401898516&et=1402330516&priceret=14.75&pg=~~3&k=cd509f9f2297c2aaf50549e1b4f20e30&source=feed&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eamazon%2Ecom%2Fdp%2FB0034H0VXM%2Fref%3Dasc%5Fdf%5FB0034H0VXM3119906%3Fsmid%3DA3DXT8JJP3OBXR%26tag%3Dpgmp%2D449%2D01%2D20%26linkCode%3Ddf0%26creative%3D395109%26creativeASIN%3DB0034H0VXM&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~"]fleece-lined[/url] pocket for valuables. The added touch of a pen sleeve also ensures all of your items, no matter how small, have a place.

Equipped with OGIO's innovative Silencer Club Protection System* and a weight equalizing Shoxx X4 strap, the Silencer provides the most comfortable and quiet golfing experience to date. Further, Ogio has built this amazingly light stand bag with durable integrated handles that allow for stable and secure lifting, and a weight-equalizing shoulder strap that balances the load across a golfer’s back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered one that is set to arrive today, I will update you all with my first impressions and maybe post a quick review of it in a separate topic. The bag sure does look amazing, and I have been an Ogio guy my entire golf life.

ps. I am replacing a 2011 model Ogio Edge (top of the line for that year), so I am excited to see how it stacks up.

[quote name='surreality' timestamp='1402004883' post='9438275']
[/quote]

I'll post more when I receive it but this is the info I found:

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1400718782' post='9343195']

Total weight?

[/quote]

Built for efficiency, organization and ease, the Silencer features 7 pockets. Pockets include an insulated zippered [url="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php?r=5316&m=1422755281&q=n&rdgt=1401723337&it=1401896137&et=1402328137&priceret=59.99&pg=~~3&k=33a1e155d9d87cb1debdba041feac7fc&source=feed&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eamazon%2Ecom%2Fgp%2Foffer%2Dlisting%2FB005PU78BE%2Fref%3Dasc%5Fdf%5FB005PU78BE3088776%3Fie%3DUTF8%26condition%3Dnew%26tag%3Dpgmp%2D449%2D01%2D20%26creative%3D395169%26creativeASIN%3DB005PU78BE%26linkCode%3Ddf2&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~"]water bottle pocket[/url], as well as a [url="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php?r=5316&m=1525287157&q=n&rdgt=1401725716&it=1401898516&et=1402330516&priceret=14.75&pg=~~3&k=cd509f9f2297c2aaf50549e1b4f20e30&source=feed&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eamazon%2Ecom%2Fdp%2FB0034H0VXM%2Fref%3Dasc%5Fdf%5FB0034H0VXM3119906%3Fsmid%3DA3DXT8JJP3OBXR%26tag%3Dpgmp%2D449%2D01%2D20%26linkCode%3Ddf0%26creative%3D395109%26creativeASIN%3DB0034H0VXM&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~"]fleece-lined[/url] pocket for valuables. The added touch of a pen sleeve also ensures all of your items, no matter how small, have a place.

Equipped with OGIO's innovative Silencer Club Protection System* and a weight equalizing Shoxx X4 strap, the Silencer provides the most comfortable and quiet golfing experience to date. Further, Ogio has built this amazingly light stand bag with durable integrated handles that allow for stable and secure lifting, and a weight-equalizing shoulder strap that balances the load across a golfer’s back.
[/quote]

I've received my carbon black Ogio Silencer, but i have not been able to get it out on the course to try it out yet as I've been swamped at work lately. I also haven't had a chance to take any pictures.

I have gone so far and put all my clubs in it to see how they fit and then see how it fits on my Clic Gear 2.

First impressions:
Pros
- It seems to be a great bag made of quality construction
- The legs seemed to be sturdy and you can lock them to the bag for cart use
- The bag seemed to be fairly light overal
- Includes a golf cart strap tunnel that could be useful
- The top is easy to pull clubs in and out with minimal effort
- The dual straps seem to be easy to adjust to find a comfortable position to carry your clubs

Cons
- The clubs lock into the base really well, but fully loaded, there were times it was hard to lock the club back into the base for the empty slot
- Fully loaded, the bag was not as light as i was expecting (my unrealistic expectations)
- The clubs do sit a little too close together for my tastes so with aggressive bumps from a cart, there will still be some bag chatter
- It is a bit expensive

My initial verdict: It's a great bag, however, I might return mine.

The bag is really nicely constructed and from messing around with it in the living room, I believe it will keep your clubs from rattling for the majority of the time. The clubs fit easily through the slots in the top and then lock into the bottom of the bag. With just one club in the bag, you can even lift the entire bag up by pulling up on your club head. I guess this just demonstrates how securely the club locks into the base. What this would mean for the end of your grips over time, I can't tell you, but I didn't notice any immediate wear pulling individual clubs in and out to see how the bag would perform on the course.

So over all, I really like the bag, even with the cons listed above. So why am I thinking about returning it? It is an expensive bag and it doesn't beat my current bag enough for the money I paid for it. My major issue was that the clubs, even separated and locked into place, still seem to be really close together. Light shaking of the bag did not clink the clubs together, but if I shook it aggressively (to simulate hitting a bigger bump on a golf cart) then they still would clink together. My other problem with the bag is that it did not fit on my Clic Gear push cart that well. The top of the leg stand mechanism is in the way. I'm sure I could make this work, but my current bag performs so much better right now. I have a Bag-Boy Clip LoK bag (pre-revolver) that I have used for the last four years. It keeps my clubs separated quite a bit more than the Ogio Silencer. My clubs lock into the slots and stay put. It also fits on my Clic Gear a lot better and has the nice feature of an external putter holder. True, it is heavier and doesn't feature stand legs which would be a nice feature, but if I walk, I use my Clic Gear.

I do like the new bag and maybe I'll pick one up again when they have been out for awhile and I can get one on clearance. For now, I'm going to return it unused on the course and use the money spent to play more golf.

Here is why I think I'll keep my current bag even though it is heavier.

[b] Bag Boy Clip-Lok Cart Bag-2009[/b]

[color=#333333][size=3]The Bag Boy Clip-Lok Cart Bag features an 11-way organizer top with full length dividers and 14 individual Clip-Loks integrated into the top to hold the clubs firmly in place.[/size][/color][list]
[*][color=#333333][size=3]11" locking organizer top with full length dividers.[/size][/color]
[*][color=#333333][size=3]14 individual Clip Loks integrated into the top to hold clubs firmly in place.[/size][/color]
[*][color=#333333][size=3]New external putter clip with cart strap channel.[/size][/color]
[*][color=#333333][size=3]11 pockets provide plenty of storage, including a large cooler pocket and a fur-lined valuables pocket.[/size][/color]
[*][color=#333333][size=3]Convenient divot repair tool.[/size][/color]
[*][color=#333333][size=3]Two mesh side pockets for added storage.[/size][/color]
[/list]
[attachment=2285831:Bag Boy Clip Lok.jpg]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1404841044' post='9660377']
So, essentially, you're saying you'll still get damage on a riding cart? Anyone else able to add to this?
[/quote]

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm sure it is a great bag.

The Silencer bag did a fairly good job of keeping the clubs separate. I only heard slight chatter if I shook the bag pretty hard. Some of the irons did sit a little close together, but with the base of the club locked into the bottom of the bag, they seemed not to move very much at all.

The bag would probably perform quite well on the course. I returned mine before using it. The only reasons I returned the bag:

- I already have a bag that keeps my clubs from hitting each other
- My old bag fits on my Clicgear cart better
- The new bag cost is pretty high at the moment

I might pick up this bag again when it goes on sale next season.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the chamber and have hit massive bumps where the guy riding with me has his clubs smacking each other. With mine, they stay in perfect place with not chatter. It's worth it just to protect your investment of clubs. Best bag I've ever owned.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

[quote name='Marengo' timestamp='1406961215' post='9838833']
Any final thoughts on the club locking system eating the ends of the grips? If this turns out to be true I think I'm going to have to pass on this bag
[/quote]

I have the Ogio Chamber from the beginning and my grips have been fine. I have however changed my irons and grips as well, but have not noticed any problems.

Chamber damaged my super stroke near the end cap.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I had the Silencer bag for a week....then returned it for the Sun Mountain Hybrid.

My experience was the Silencer top worked really well....its just the lever that activates the legs kept getting disconnected from the metal rods. And not just occasionally....every time. Also, the lever is really long...and keeps the bag from fitting in the back of cart.

Silencer version 2 will be a better bag when they fix the leg actuator. I bet the Silencer top finds its way into other brand bags next year too....works well.

Callaway Rogue ST, 10.5, GD Tour AD IZ
Callaway Rogue 4&7 Fairway, GD Tour AD IZ
Srixon U85 4-6, ZX7 7-SW PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 60 PX LZ 6.0
Evnroll 5.2 Short Slant
Snell MTB-X Yellow

Saw one at Dick's. It looks like it may work but it was not a good look with the rubber skirt across the top. Why not recess the rubber a touch to give it a better look.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I saw one in person yesterday, and frankly, they need to revise this thing.

The legs were awkward, and probably for the reasons mentioned above. The rubber looked like it would tear after repeated use. Unlike the other Chamber, the rubber was the top. It seemed so unreasonable to just have a piece of rubber sewn on top. I shook it around a little, and when clipped at the bottom, it's great. Pockets were sparse, especially compared to my current Nike hybrid bag. I know it's not a hybrid, but the zippers looked and felt flimsy. Plastic towel ring? Putter well was good...

Anyhow, if I get a bag in the future that has straps going through metal rings, I'm hacking it with 4 carabiners. Even us walkers use push/pulls more often than pure walking...

Maybe v2 will be better. But for now, I pass.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Reidman' timestamp='1407042971' post='9844209']
I had the Silencer bag for a week....then returned it for the Sun Mountain Hybrid.

My experience was the Silencer top worked really well...[b].its just the lever that activates the legs kept getting disconnected from the metal rods[/b]. And not just occasionally....every time. Also, the lever is really long...and keeps the bag from fitting in the back of cart.

Silencer version 2 will be a better bag when they fix the leg actuator. I bet the Silencer top finds its way into other brand bags next year too....works well.
[/quote]

I just got this bag and I'm having the same issue. I love it other than this, but it's REALLY annoying.

Ping G410 Plus 9* Driver w/ Graphite Design AD-DI7x

Ping G410 LST 14.5* 3 wood w/ Graphite Design AD-DI8x
Taylormade p790 UDI 2 iron w/ DG AMT x100
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW w/ PX 6.5
Vokey SM7 50/8, 55/9 & 60/8* w/ PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 33"

Titleist ProV1 (yellow)

[quote name='Joshzilla' timestamp='1410296754' post='10091447']

My experience was the Silencer top worked really well...[b].its just the lever that activates the legs kept getting disconnected from the metal rods[/b]. And not just occasionally....every time. Also, the lever is really long...and keeps the bag from fitting in the back of cart.

[/quote]

I just got this bag and I'm having the same issue. I love it other than this, but it's REALLY annoying.
[/quote]

Good to see I wasn't alone. If you are handy, I'm sure you can fix the attachment permanently. For me, it was a tie between the Silencer & the SM Hybrid, so I just took the Silencer back & got the SMH.

Such a shame....the Silencer has its good points.

Callaway Rogue ST, 10.5, GD Tour AD IZ
Callaway Rogue 4&7 Fairway, GD Tour AD IZ
Srixon U85 4-6, ZX7 7-SW PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 60 PX LZ 6.0
Evnroll 5.2 Short Slant
Snell MTB-X Yellow

[quote name='Reidman' timestamp='1410404547' post='10099175'][quote name='Joshzilla' timestamp='1410296754' post='10091447']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to see I wasn't alone. If you are handy, I'm sure you can fix the attachment permanently. For me, it was a tie between the Silencer & the SM Hybrid, so I just took the Silencer back & got the SMH.

Such a shame....the Silencer has its good points.[/quote]

I actually fixed it with Duct Tape until I can find a better solution. You don't see the tape unless you look for it. So far, so good.

Ping G410 Plus 9* Driver w/ Graphite Design AD-DI7x

Ping G410 LST 14.5* 3 wood w/ Graphite Design AD-DI8x
Taylormade p790 UDI 2 iron w/ DG AMT x100
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW w/ PX 6.5
Vokey SM7 50/8, 55/9 & 60/8* w/ PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 33"

Titleist ProV1 (yellow)

The bottom of it isn't locking as good as it was when I first got it. The clubs move around, but they don't clank against each other. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to get into the bottom of it and make them a bit tighter again. I'd like to change to a different grip, but the butt is too thin for the bag as well.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X