Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase.......

Comments

• JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 809 ✭✭

Joelsim wrote:

This, in power spec, to be used as a driving iron. 19*.

Did you go with longer and/or lighter shaft or same as in the rest of your G400 set?

The same as the rest of my set as I hit them well. I think I could easily have stiff with my swing but I hit the Alta Reg nicely and consistently. They don’t do a 3 Iron in the G400 and I prefer a shorter length, my driver is 44.5” and my 3-wood 42” so both an inch or so shorter than standard.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 18 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 2017
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #2 2019
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,911 ✭✭
    I probably don't swing quite as fast as you, my G irons have regular-flex AWT 2.0 steel shafts.

For me the 4-iron is basically a driving iron. From the 5-iron on down I can get plenty of elevation and carry when hitting off tight lies or what have you. But the 4-iron (21 degrees) must be below my cutoff for hitting an iron, even one as forgiving as the Ping G, off the deck. Just low bullets that run out at least 10-15 yards (often longer) after landing.

I can tee it up a bit on a long Par 3 and hit it with a acceptable trajectory, low but still gets some carry. I took it out of the bag in favor of a hybrid but occasionally I miss the ability to hit that low straight 175-yard shot on a narrow tee shot. The hybrid is so long and light it's too easy to miss way left or way right.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
    edited Aug 8, 2018 #9124
    I’ll keep you posted. My 5 Iron is really as low as I want to go off the deck, I too find a hybrid (23*) easier to hit that distance (190-200). Often I only hit the 5 a handful of yards further than the 6 (175-180) which I hit extremely well.

I just wanted an iron for tighter tee shots, tried the Crossover to mixed effect, some days brilliant, some couldn’t hit it at all. Tried a Cobra Utility, the same. But I hit the G400s well so fingers crossed I can hit this well 8 out of 10 times or more, hoping for 200-220y off the tee plus a bit of roll. I don’t have any problem elevating my shots, keeping them down is my problem!
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Joelsim wrote:

I'll keep you posted. My 5 Iron is really as low as I want to go off the deck, I too find a hybrid (23*) easier to hit that distance (190-200). Often I only hit the 5 a handful of yards further than the 6 (175-180) which I hit extremely well.

For me the lightness, length and (usually) closed faces of hybrids make them a real risk-reward club. My bad miss with an iron or hybrid is a quick over-the-top yank, often with a little hand-rollover action as well. So that shot is always lurking for me. If I can make an iron work I go for the iron every time.

But in that range (for me more like 180-190) the reward is worth the risk. Yeah, I might get sloppy and have a big miss once in a while with my 4h but 90% of the time I just get a big old high, straight ball that I can't hit with any iron ever made. I've also in the past had a 21-degree fairway wood that filled a similar role but lately my Tour Edge X-Rail 4h (which cost me all of US$26.00) has been working a treat.

I just wanted an iron for tighter tee shots, tried the Crossover to mixed effect, some days brilliant, some couldn't hit it at all.

My Crossover experience was exactly the same...except without the brilliant days ;-)
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.

Joelsim wrote:

I'll keep you posted. My 5 Iron is really as low as I want to go off the deck, I too find a hybrid (23*) easier to hit that distance (190-200). Often I only hit the 5 a handful of yards further than the 6 (175-180) which I hit extremely well.

For me the lightness, length and (usually) closed faces of hybrids make them a real risk-reward club. My bad miss with an iron or hybrid is a quick over-the-top yank, often with a little hand-rollover action as well. So that shot is always lurking for me. If I can make an iron work I go for the iron every time.

But in that range (for me more like 180-190) the reward is worth the risk. Yeah, I might get sloppy and have a big miss once in a while with my 4h but 90% of the time I just get a big old high, straight ball that I can't hit with any iron ever made. I've also in the past had a 21-degree fairway wood that filled a similar role but lately my Tour Edge X-Rail 4h (which cost me all of US$26.00) has been working a treat.

I just wanted an iron for tighter tee shots, tried the Crossover to mixed effect, some days brilliant, some couldn't hit it at all.

My Crossover experience was exactly the same...except without the brilliant days ;-)

Which hybrids are you using? I found that my G400 3 was great off the floor but liable to hook horribly off the tee regularly. Not had the same problems with the Titleist, the 23* is brilliant from everywhere, the 19* is a little harder but way better than the G400 in dispersion and length. I hit one about 255y a couple of weeks ago, albeit the ground was hard. It’s good that they are adjustable, I don’t think I’ll ever buy another hybrid that isn’t. But, like you, I prefer an iron into a green.
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Mine's an older Tour Edge 23-degree that a buddy of mine spotted for me recently. He'd used that model (righty) and highly recommended it. That model is several years old so it was a super cheap experiment that happened to work out.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    My take on the G400 Hybrid is that you have to place it forward in your stance or it looks completely wrong at address, a weird angle of the face in relation to the shaft. The 818 h1 sets up more like an iron, which I prefer.
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Joelsim wrote:

My take on the G400 Hybrid is that you have to place it forward in your stance or it looks completely wrong at address, a weird angle of the face in relation to the shaft. The 818 h1 sets up more like an iron, which I prefer.

My friend and I were talking about the Titleist hybrids the other day. Do you find they tend to feel "heavier" to swing and at impact than most hybrids? That was his impression with the recent models and a couple of Titleist hybrids I had years ago felt that way to me. Much more solid feeling and less prone to my OTT swing.

Also as you say, Titleist seem to have the knack of making easy to line up hybrids. Lots of their models have looked really good at address to me.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.

Joelsim wrote:

My friend and I were talking about the Titleist hybrids the other day. Do you find they tend to feel "heavier" to swing and at impact than most hybrids? That was his impression with the recent models and a couple of Titleist hybrids I had years ago felt that way to me. Much more solid feeling and less prone to my OTT swing.

Also as you say, Titleist seem to have the knack of making easy to line up hybrids. Lots of their models have looked really good at address to me.

Yes, all of that. Very heavy and solid feeling. If you get the chance try the 23* with a Tensei Blue 70HY Regular, really nice shaft. It’s also very workable either way, good from the rough and stops quickly if you want it to.
    Odyssey Exo 7s
  • WpgMikeWpgMike Members Posts: 607
    edited Aug 8, 2018 #9131
    Miura CB 1008. Custom loft, grind, finish, paintfill and bounce. And the only CB 1008 GW in existence.
    Driver: Wishon 919thi 11* w/AXE 6 stiff
    FW: Wishon 949mc 16.5* w/AXE FW Stiff
    3-4 Hybrids: Wishon 775hs w/ S2S White Stiff
    Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/Nippon Modus 105 S
    Putter: Ping Ketsch Heavy 34" 2 degrees flat
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,596 ✭✭
    WpgMike wrote:

Miura CB 1008. Custom loft, grind, finish, paintfill and bounce. And the only CB 1008 GW in existence.

You win. End thread.
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Members Posts: 3,397 ✭✭
    jonn443 wrote:

WpgMike wrote:

You win. End thread.

Phenomenal irons, and definitely Ive never seen a cb 1008 gw...but if you have one there are probably more in existence.
    Cobra LTD Pro - Matrix Type C Prototype 70X
    TM M2 Tour 3W/3HL - Black Tie 80M4-X
    P790 UDI #2  or  TP UDI #3 - Black Tie HM4 105X   
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*)  Nike VR Forged (56DS)  Cleveland RTX2 raw (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 

Swap:
    XR 3Deep - Tour AD TP 8X  | Rogue SZ 3+ - Diamana B 80X  | Bridgestone XD-H #2 - Speeder TS 9.8X 

edited Aug 8, 2018 #9134
    BearQ wrote:

jonn443 wrote:

WpgMike wrote:

You win. End thread.

Phenomenal irons, and definitely Ive never seen a cb 1008 gw...but if you have one there are probably more in existence.

Maybe. But I'll claim it until I see another one. They don't list one, but since I had the PW loft at 45 degrees and the standard spec PW is 47 I asked them to bend the standard spec PW weak 2 degrees to make me a GW. At first Tourspec said no go, but then they ended up doing it. So, it's a 2 PW set - one bent strong and the other weak with a custom bounce to keep the sole angles consistent.
  • DixieDDixieD Members Posts: 158
    WpgMike wrote:

Oh my. . .
  • PughyproPughypro Members Posts: 125
    New irons and wedges, although feels a tough gig to follow the Miura’s!
    Sweet Titleists!
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    Plain black bag, other than on the name on straps and 1 small logo on top underneath the top. W/S Ionix SL. Always wanted a plain Jane style bag and this fits the bill for me. Now to get a set of V6 Raws to fill it with.
  • CoriftoCorifto Members Posts: 69
    So I just got into golf recently, and have gotten pretty deep on a budget to start out. I have bought two bags from Letgo and some stuff from Goodwill. I will be taking most of it to the range to see what I like and will be selling or donating the rest.

Sorry for all of the pictures ahead of time.

Bag #1-$40

Acuity Irons, r5dual driver, r580 3/7 woods, and Rossa Siena4 putter. Also lots of misc balls and tees.

gPdC3wNl.jpg

8Z9kxU5l.jpg

MdU1VSvl.jpg

iXFb4K9l.jpg

BlZCukWl.jpg

Goodwill finds

$4.99 Ignite 001 putter

R7QpEkwl.jpg

$4.99 Ben Hogan Bettinardi BHB1-X putter

zeyA3stl.jpg

$6.99 Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 3hybrid

LwGg0r5l.jpg

Bag #2-$60 from Letgo

OJSIqajl.jpg

LjdGxTsl.jpg

tMBYWzrl.jpg

GB9orHbl.jpg

hqP5lC4l.jpg

WWiyW25l.jpg

hEVG7xxl.jpg

W7NLsvwl.jpg

9MLdvLCl.jpg

ntyLYVTl.jpg

D44ZVWYl.jpg

yxZnfwrl.jpg

OcbByaQl.jpg

Up71jJEl.jpg

wP4SClMl.jpg

m5GEcdul.jpg

And picked up these to sell at some point. Titleist 2018 US Open leather head covers as well as the USA inspired fairway cover.

kou7tTCl.jpg

9Qv33dVl.jpg

lak7Xkbl.jpg

iZpaCj9l.jpg
  • flatsix02flatsix02 Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Forgot to post this, but my recently acquired new to me custom painted Scotty Coronado. I absolutely love this thing, and it will get used on the course! Only thing I’ll probably end up changing / updating is the grip as it’s starting to crack at bit.
    Ping G 10.5° Driver
    Ping G 14.5° 3 Wood
    Ping G 19° 3H Hybrid
    Ping 4 - UW G30 Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° SS / 60° SS
    Scotty Custom Painted Coronado Putter
    Ping Hoofer 14
    boggyman wrote:

Plain black bag, other than on the name on straps and 1 small logo on top underneath the top. W/S Ionix SL. Always wanted a plain Jane style bag and this fits the bill for me. Now to get a set of V6 Raws to fill it with.

How’d you come to acquire a plain black one with no logos, etc?
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • Gamble GambleGamble Gamble #TwistFaceExperience ClubWRX Posts: 3,564 ClubWRX
    I wanted an option to go for longer par 5s and a club to use on tight par 4s.

I bought the hybrid because I am on a heater in golf betting and wanted to see how the M4 hybrid compared to my M3 hybrid and the infamous pickle jr. I doubt it will kick the “pickle jr” out of the bag but we will see. I had a bit of struggle with my upper mid bag the past few weeks...

I also added an extra 6g weight to the 3w to help with swing weight. I like 3ws feeling a little heavier.

• NixLix26NixLix26 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
    Another addition to my bullseye collection

And I’m a huge Corey Pavin fan. b0264e5e26c7436c3b12e130e4b54d5d.jpg
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    TAYLORMADE - M1 HZRDUS
    TITLEIST - 906 F 13*
    MIZUNO - MMC FLIHI 2 IRON*
    TITLEIST - 712 CB 4 iron
    TITLEIST - 712 MB 5-9
    CLEVELAND - 588 GUNMETAL - 47*, 51*, 60*
    SCOTTY - Bullseye

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
  • BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Members Posts: 3,397 ✭✭

I wanted an option to go for longer par 5s and a club to use on tight par 4s.

I bought the hybrid because I am on a heater in golf betting and wanted to see how the M4 hybrid compared to my M3 hybrid and the infamous pickle jr. I doubt it will kick the "pickle jr" out of the bag but we will see. I had a bit of struggle with my upper mid bag the past few weeks...

I also added an extra 6g weight to the 3w to help with swing weight. I like 3ws feeling a little heavier.

fantastic builds you have my blessing
    Cobra LTD Pro - Matrix Type C Prototype 70X
    TM M2 Tour 3W/3HL - Black Tie 80M4-X
    P790 UDI #2  or  TP UDI #3 - Black Tie HM4 105X   
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*)  Nike VR Forged (56DS)  Cleveland RTX2 raw (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 

Swap:
    XR 3Deep - Tour AD TP 8X  | Rogue SZ 3+ - Diamana B 80X  | Bridgestone XD-H #2 - Speeder TS 9.8X 

• sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,354 ✭✭
    Bought and cleaned up an oldie/goody!

20180809_101152.jpg
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • Boydr12Boydr12 Members Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Bought a barely used Odyssey MX milled with a sweet black shaft off the BST, I blacked out the paint and threw a Black Iomic on there, sickest putter I’ve had in a while! Also got the Sugarloaf social club limited cover to put on it!
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,354 ✭✭
    Found these today for a price that could not be passed up. They will be heading down to the Florida casa this fall.

20180809_133052.jpg
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line

boggyman wrote:

How’d you come to acquire a plain black one with no logos, etc?

It’s in the W/S catalog and on the web site. Black color only but a cool bag.
    boggyman wrote:

boggyman wrote:

How'd you come to acquire a plain black one with no logos, etc?

It's in the W/S catalog and on the web site. Black color only but a cool bag.

I swore no bag purchase for me in 2018. But now...
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.

boggyman wrote:

boggyman wrote:

Got mine at a bargainnnn.....

boggyman wrote:

boggyman wrote:

👀👍🏼
  • CoriftoCorifto Members Posts: 69
    sdandrea wrote:
    Found these today for a price that could not be passed up. They will be heading down to the Florida casa this fall.

20180809_133052.jpg
    If you want me to watch them for you when you're not in Florida let me know lol