Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase.......

1359360361363365

Comments

  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @NYCGolfNut said:

    @TIM929 said:

    @Bob Cat said:

    @TIM929 said:
    Let’s go

    Were these born with the black finish or raw? I removed the black from mine and they look exactly like that. Love 'em!

    Im not sure the exact color because I actually picked these bad boys up in person from another wrxer who striped the finished already. he said “used one round” on the bst.. so I got in contact, drove an hour, grooves looked great, and the grips looked brand new.

    He already striped them rusty and did really good work on them.. he didn’t scotchbrite them, so I went I home and finished them the way I like.. love the way they look.

    I have a set of black vokeys which I semi striped and finished as well... left some finish to go for the distressed look(on the right):

    May I ask how you got them to get to this finish? Fine steel wool with some WD40, and horizontal strokes? I’ve done the MM Porto treatment to Nike VPros before, but never done a wedge. Would love to get my Vokey’s looking like this.

    Sure!

    Loctite navel jelly or CLR(Cut a empty 2 liter soda bottle and fill with CLR) bath for hours to completely strip the finish..

    Or

    soak a long piece of cloth and wrap the head for distressed look..

    Rinse with water.. they are going to look really raw..

    Dish washing liquid soap in water and go to work with scotchbrite ... smooth only on the back and hosel.. I leave the face rusty... looks really cool.

    No WD40.. after rounds when washing my clubs and grips and hit the wedges with scotch brite again... not the face..

    Green scotch brite is strong enough and works like sand paper.

  • NYCGolfNutNYCGolfNut Members Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @TIM929 said:

    @NYCGolfNut said:

    @TIM929 said:

    @Bob Cat said:

    @TIM929 said:
    Let’s go

    Were these born with the black finish or raw? I removed the black from mine and they look exactly like that. Love 'em!

    Im not sure the exact color because I actually picked these bad boys up in person from another wrxer who striped the finished already. he said “used one round” on the bst.. so I got in contact, drove an hour, grooves looked great, and the grips looked brand new.

    He already striped them rusty and did really good work on them.. he didn’t scotchbrite them, so I went I home and finished them the way I like.. love the way they look.

    I have a set of black vokeys which I semi striped and finished as well... left some finish to go for the distressed look(on the right):

    May I ask how you got them to get to this finish? Fine steel wool with some WD40, and horizontal strokes? I’ve done the MM Porto treatment to Nike VPros before, but never done a wedge. Would love to get my Vokey’s looking like this.

    Sure!

    Loctite navel jelly or CLR(Cut a empty 2 liter soda bottle and fill with CLR) bath for hours to completely strip the finish..

    Or

    soak a long piece of cloth and wrap the head for distressed look..

    Rinse with water.. they are going to look really raw..

    Dish washing liquid soap in water and go to work with scotchbrite ... smooth only on the back and hosel.. I leave the face rusty... looks really cool.

    No WD40.. after rounds when washing my clubs and grips and hit the wedges with scotch brite again... not the face..

    Green scotch brite is strong enough and works like sand paper.

    I used vinegar under the same process for a similar result. Amazing how easy the new black finish came off with the Scotchbrite.
    Oh, and all of the paint fill remained.

    "I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."


    Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • wickwosswickwoss Members Posts: 39 ✭✭

    @Not Far From Par
    How are you liking them so far? I just grabbed a set last week, but haven’t gotten to test them out much yet.

  • grev6grev6 Members Posts: 24 ✭✭

    Brand new to me.... 915.

  • HedgehogHedgehog EUMembers Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭

    @Nixhex524 said:
    Went in looking for a 917 or maybe even a TS2 and found this bad boy in the used bin... was seeing seeing better ball speeds compared to anything else I tried and was pretty darn straight, too... for $69 I had to take it home for spin around the course this week....

    Good find!
    I have been loking for a mint 910 D3 driver for a long time, love the shape of those.

    Ping G410 Plus 9° Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 70
    TM M6 15° AD DI 6x
    Ping G410 Hybrid 19° AD DI H 85x
    Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX4 52/56/60° Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
    Titleist ProV1 2019
  • NDGolfer13NDGolfer13 Members Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭✭











    M5 Kiyoshi Purple
    TM M4 16.5 VA Composites Drago 75
    Epon AF901 19*/22*
    Mizuno 919 Forged or MCFliHi 5, MP69 6-P
    Scratch 1018 53/58
    Xenon Flowneck

    FOR NOW...........
    All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......
  • HedgehogHedgehog EUMembers Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 3, 2019 9:03am #10872

    @AG12 said:

    @Hedgehog said:
    Time to try the Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 70gr in the G410. @45" and D3,5


    Sweet setup man. Have to tell us how you get on with it! Seems like you have some sweet sticks you should do a WITB if you dont already have one!

    Ok, I now have some rounds under the belt with this one and I have a feeling I am finally dialed in properly.

    I had the club tipped 0,25" and it's now playing at 44,75" and at D4, clubhead weight at 201gr with the 14gr weight in neutral, I went up in loft from 9° to 10° and it's now one of the straightest drivers I have had. HZ Smoke is a good shaft for the G410 Plus but it needed some tuning to archive the best trajectory and feel. I originally gamed it at 9° with 2 x6gr weights, one in fade and one in draw, it was a good forgiving setup at D3,5 but I tended to strike it very low in the face.

    Was just this past weekend in a contest with 96 players and I won the longest drive contest, got a pack of Prov1's for it. It was on a downhill par 5 with a really narrow FW and about 320yards total.

    Ping G410 Plus 9° Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 70
    TM M6 15° AD DI 6x
    Ping G410 Hybrid 19° AD DI H 85x
    Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX4 52/56/60° Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
    Titleist ProV1 2019
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Picked this up on Saturday. Played with it on monday. Feels nice. The nickel finish isnt to blinding due to the aggressive milling in these putters. Headweight is pretty light for me coming from mallets. I may end up with an 1/8" layer of lead tape on the bottom but I plan on playing it for a while. Gonna change out the lamkin deep etched grip for a ping midsize cord. Just a grip I'm extremely comfortable with. Gonna strip the paintfill as well since someone decided to remove some of the stock for the blue which looks terrible to me tbh.





    Titleist 917d3 9.5
    Callaway rouge sub zero 15
    Adams A7 19
    Adams pro mini 23
    Bridgestone J36 pc 5-pw
    Cleveland Rtx3 50,54,58
    Yes! Tour forged abbie
    2018 Players 5 stand bag
    Srixon Z Star 2017
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭


    I’m not a smart man.

    Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

  • PorkerPorker Members Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭

    @SetTheBarrHigh said:
    Best bargain bin find for me. $14.95

    (Image)

    B60? My brother use to annihilate me with this putter... Faldo won 2 majors with it me thinks...

  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Found in the Used/Bargain bin heavily discounted. Was planning to get this anyways so why not save a big chunk of change. Now I can get a proper shaft in for a fair price.

    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • AdExecAdExec Scottsdale, AZ Members Posts: 42 ✭✭

    Joining the T22 club with a 33” Newport 2

  • Twin2LTwin2L Members Posts: 129 ✭✭✭


    It matters not what others call you. Only what you answer to defines who you are.
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

    ^^T100's look great. Ordering the exact setup next week except in PX 6.5s and 3-4 U500s.

    TaylorMade M5 9 deg - Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Titleist T200 4, T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • mrp2washmrp2wash Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

    @HappyGilmore22 said:
    ^^T100's look great. Ordering the exact setup next week except in PX 6.5s and 3-4 U500s.

    Thanks! Current gamers have the 6.5, great shaft! - but I'm getting old!

  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 8, 2019 7:19am #10885




    Titleist 917d3 9.5
    Callaway rouge sub zero 15
    Adams A7 19
    Adams pro mini 23
    Bridgestone J36 pc 5-pw
    Cleveland Rtx3 50,54,58
    Yes! Tour forged abbie
    2018 Players 5 stand bag
    Srixon Z Star 2017
  • Jimjam651Jimjam651 Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

    @Bobb3rdown said:



    Love Yes! putters, i still game my callie! Great find!!

    Driver - Titleist 910 D3 10.5 Motore Speeder VC6.1
    3 wood - Titleist 910 F 15 Motore Speeder VC 7.1
    Hybrid - Titleist 910 H 19 Diamana Kai'li
    Irons - Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron KBS Tour
    Irons - Titleist 718 CB 4 - PW KBS Tour
    Wedges - 52 & 60 SM7
    Putter - Yes! Callie

  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    34” Golo 3 and new SS Traxion with 75 gram counterweight.


    P

  • RichsgboxRichsgbox Members Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

    @TIM929 said:

    @AG12 said:
    Just got my TS3 21* hybrid delivered today. Will test against my 818H2 21*. Will be testing both with Tensei Pro White 90HY Stiff and Atmos Tour Spec HB Blue 8S. No real difference in offset in the 21* heads and the headcover is top notch like the TS metalwoods as well.



    Beautiful yet powerful looking hybrid, can’t wait to get my hands one! Awesome purchase!

    A little bigger than the 818?

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Richsgbox said:

    @TIM929 said:

    @AG12 said:
    Just got my TS3 21* hybrid delivered today. Will test against my 818H2 21*. Will be testing both with Tensei Pro White 90HY Stiff and Atmos Tour Spec HB Blue 8S. No real difference in offset in the 21* heads and the headcover is top notch like the TS metalwoods as well.



    Beautiful yet powerful looking hybrid, can’t wait to get my hands one! Awesome purchase!

    A little bigger than the 818?

    Ya a little bit bigger

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • Jimjam651Jimjam651 Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited Sep 9, 2019 10:12am #10890

    Nothing too exciting but I've always wanted to get headcovers from some of the nice courses I get to play
    This is the first of a few, hopefully.

    Edit - not quite the first as you can see by the Disney putter headcover which had already been posted in this thread

    Driver - Titleist 910 D3 10.5 Motore Speeder VC6.1
    3 wood - Titleist 910 F 15 Motore Speeder VC 7.1
    Hybrid - Titleist 910 H 19 Diamana Kai'li
    Irons - Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron KBS Tour
    Irons - Titleist 718 CB 4 - PW KBS Tour
    Wedges - 52 & 60 SM7
    Putter - Yes! Callie

  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 10, 2019 11:44pm #10891

    New irons (PXG 0211 5-PW) we’re creating some gapping issues. I thought about picking up the set GW but decided to give the CBX a try. The clearance price was low due to the CBX 2 release. For me, I’m sure this will be just fine.
    CBX 52* w/ 90 gram Rotex graphite

    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Bettinardi BB1F

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file