Irons: Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons 5-AW w/Project X Flighted 6.0

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 M 54 degree w/KBS Custom White

Titleist Vokey TVDK 60 degree w/KBS Custom Black

Putter: Edel The Brick w/Superstroke UltraSlim 1.0
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

Comments

• kyle75kyle75 Members Posts: 710 ✭✭
    Thought it was time to post a WITB. I have changed almost every club in the last year, which is around the time I joined GOLFWRX. Overall, I am happy with the current setup I have. I do plan on changing the shafts in my irons to KBS Custom at some point in the next few months. I have those shafts in both of my wedges and love the look/feel of them. About 2 months ago, I put the Fujikura Pro 63 shaft in my SLDR and it has changed my driving big time this year. I have a much tighter dispersion with it and have gained about 10 yards also. I think this shaft might be one of the best values in golf right now.
  • christocillierschristocilliers cally golfer Members Posts: 42
    Awesome bag...nothing wrong with stock stiffs. If the shafts work for you, play it. I bet you will beat 50% of the tour only bags on the course. Great bag and good luck.
    Cally x2hot pro 8.5 aldila tour green S
    Cally Xhot 3 deep pxv 6.0
    Cally big bertha 5 wood. fubuki stiff
    Cally x hot pro 3-pw px 6.0
    callaway v forged 56 and 60 px 6.0
    scotty studio select newport
    Thanks. Its easy to get caught up on clubs that look good to you versus clubs that you score well with.
  • HaltonGolfer12HaltonGolfer12 Members Posts: 1
    Would the OSU pom-pom headcover fit on your driver? Have seen it online and am quite interested

Go Bucks

Would the OSU pom-pom headcover fit on your driver? Have seen it online and am quite interested

Go Bucks
    It is actually a driver headcover that I use on my 3 wood, so it def will work. Go Bucks!!!
  • calc61calc61 Army Veteran 1980-1984 Members Posts: 2,939
    Nice bag! Go Bucks!!
    Haven't played in over 2 years.
    Still dealing with bladder cancer.I'm in the hands of the VA now.
  • quikcolinquikcolin Members Posts: 11
    Great to see you're enjoying the Fuji Pro in your driver. I just ordered a Fuji Pro TS X yesterday, can't wait to get it in my bag. How stiff do you find the X flex? Board-like? What's your swing speed?
    Nike Covert Driver - Fuji Pro TS X
    Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid - 3H
    Callaway Apex Forged Irons 4-AW
    Callaway Chev Forged Wedges 54 & 58
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium Santa Fe Two
    Taylor Lethal
    quikcolin wrote:

Great to see you're enjoying the Fuji Pro in your driver. I just ordered a Fuji Pro TS X yesterday, can't wait to get it in my bag. How stiff do you find the X flex? Board-like? What's your swing speed?
    I don't find the Fuji Pro board like at all. It feels a little softer than other Fuji x shafts that I have played. With that being said, I still have a really tight dispersion with this shaft. I think the Pro TS is a little stiffer, but would be surprised is it played board like. My swing speed is around 112 with my driver
  • quikcolinquikcolin Members Posts: 11
    kyle75 wrote:
    quikcolin wrote:

I don't find the Fuji Pro board like at all. It feels a little softer than other Fuji x shafts that I have played. With that being said, I still have a really tight dispersion with this shaft. I think the Pro TS is a little stiffer, but would be surprised is it played board like. My swing speed is around 112 with my driver

That's great, thanks for the reply - we have the same swing speed - can't wait to get it dialed in.

All the best and thanks again!
    Nike Covert Driver - Fuji Pro TS X
    Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid - 3H
    Callaway Apex Forged Irons 4-AW
    Callaway Chev Forged Wedges 54 & 58
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium Santa Fe Two
    Taylor Lethal
  • Callaway_Golf_FreakCallaway_Golf_Freak " Go Play " Members Posts: 1,043
    @christocilliers : Nice Setup Good Looking Set of Clubs........post up some pictures when you re-shaft those Irons.
    Callaway TC Big Bertha Alpha 10.5* Tour AD DI6
    Callaway TC Bertha mini 12*AD MT6,5 Deep 18.5*TourGreen
    X2Hot Hybrid 23* TourGreen w/Lamkin
    Mizuno MP-14's 5i~9i True Temper DG X100 Lamkin 3GEN Grn/Wht Grips
    Callaway Jaws Raw 50*,56*,60*/ True Temper DG X100 Lamkin 3GEN Grn/Wht Grips
    Scotty Cameron Select SquareBack w/Super Stroke 2014Ryder Cup 3.0 slim
    WITB Link
  • rbhan12rbhan12 Be the person your dog thinks you are. Members Posts: 4,332
    How do you like that Fuji Pro shaft? My understanding is that they're meant to increase kick speed at impact, which is supposed to give some extra ball speed. Are these claims accurate only in the lab at Fuji or are you seeing some more yards?
    rbhan12 wrote:

How do you like that Fuji Pro shaft? My understanding is that they're meant to increase kick speed at impact, which is supposed to give some extra ball speed. Are these claims accurate only in the lab at Fuji or are you seeing some more yards?
    I love this shaft. I think all the claims Fuji has made about this shaft are pretty accurate. I have picked up about 8 yards with a much tighter dispersion with this shaft. Fuji really knocked it out of the park with this one
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,682 ✭✭
    kyle75 wrote:

Thought it was time to post a WITB. I have changed almost every club in the last year, which is around the time I joined GOLFWRX. Overall, I am happy with the current setup I have. I do plan on changing the shafts in my irons to KBS Custom at some point in the next few months. I have those shafts in both of my wedges and love the look/feel of them. About 2 months ago, I put the Fujikura Pro 63 shaft in my SLDR and it has changed my driving big time this year. I have a much tighter dispersion with it and have gained about 10 yards also. I think this shaft might be one of the best values in golf right now.

I love the blue paintjob on the new Fuji Pro! How does it compare to other shafts you've used?
    M5 9.0°, Speeder 757
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

Just got a new set of irons, Taylormade CB w/Aerotech Steelfiber shafts. Will be posting pics soon
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members Posts: 11,487 ✭✭
    Love the bag! That Fuji in the SLDR looks filthy!
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
    Pure745 wrote:

Love the bag! That Fuji in the SLDR looks filthy!
    Thanks Pure, love that shaft in the SLDR.
  • ArchitectArchitect Members Posts: 899
    That SLDR and Fujikura Pro combo look sick!

FYI your CBs need a sole shave. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Ping G30 10.5 Driver Tour 80 75g S
    Ping G30 5-wood TFC 419F 57g S
    Ping i25 3-UW irons KBS Tour S
    Ping Gorge 54SS, 58SS KBS Tour S
    Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, ProV1X
    WITB Link
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,452 ✭✭
    I have the same exact combo for my SLDR and love it...might have to copy you on the blue grip, love the look

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

I have played a few rounds now with my new irons and I really like them. I shot my best round of the year yesterday, a 75 on a really tough track. The Aerotech Steelfibers are so different from any shaft that I have played in an iron. They play like graphite shafts but have the feel of steel. You don't get that whippy feeling that I have had in the past with other graphite shafts. They are worth taking a look at if you're in the market for new shafts in your irons. They are pricey but I think they're worth it in the long run.
  • buckIbuckI Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    From one Buckeye to another, nice bag.
    Ping G400 10.5* - Ping Tour 65
    Ping G 3 Wood 14.5* - Tour stiff
    Ping i15 20/23 - UST Axivcore stiff
    Ping I25 5-pw - CFS S Cushin +1/4
    Ping Glide 52/56/60 SS
    Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish
  • Marshawn LynchMarshawn Lynch Members Posts: 397
    how do you like those irons? Look great
    buckI wrote:

From one Buckeye to another, nice bag.
    Thanks and Go Bucks!!
    ckelly78 wrote:

how do you like those irons? Look great
    Thanks. I really like these irons, big change from my others. They are a nice mix of player/game improvement, really let you shape your shots, soft feel, but enough GI to help mishits.
    edited Sep 2, 2016 #25
    Thought I should update my WITB for the first time in 2 years. It has been an almost complete overhaul, but it's GolfWRX, you're supposed to change your entire bag every 1 to 2 years.

Driver---Titleist 915 D3 9.5 w/Fujikura SIX TS tipped 1 inch

Edel Brick---35 inches

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Andrew MAndrew M Members Posts: 363 ✭✭
    Those Apex irons are some sweet looking sticks. Usually I am not a fan of Callaway irons but I have to hand it to them they really did some great stuff with those.
    PING G Series Driver 9* -- Grafalloy Bimatrix Tour Prototype | 44.75"
    PING G Series 3w 14.5* -- Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 | length -1"
    Srixon U45 Driving Iron 18*
    PING iBlades 4-PW
    Nippon Modus3 105 .75" upright "pink dot" | length +1/2"
    PING Glide 52* SS; 58* TS
    Callaway MD3 PM-Grind 64*

Directed Force Reno Mallet
    Andrew M wrote:

Those Apex irons are some sweet looking sticks. Usually I am not a fan of Callaway irons but I have to hand it to them they really did some great stuff with those.
    They are really good irons. They're a good mix of players irons and game improvement irons.
    kyle75 wrote:

Andrew M wrote:

They are really good irons. They're a good mix of players irons and game improvement irons.
    kyle75 wrote:

Thought I should update my WITB for the first time in 2 years. It has been an almost complete overhaul, but it's GolfWRX, you're supposed to change your entire bag every 1 to 2 years.

Edel Brick---35 inches

Did a gap fitting with Derek when I was in Ohio a few weeks ago. Great young guy and what an awesome shop. Seeing the results on Trackman was a big plus and surprisingly I only had one iffy gap. The ping G 3 wood may be a new addition.

Can you show a pic of the scarlet and gray knit headcover? Need a new cover for my 4 wood and yours likings interesting.

Go Bucks
    Ping Glide 52/56/60 SS
    buckI wrote:

kyle75 wrote:

Andrew M wrote:

kyle75 wrote:

Edel Brick---35 inches

Did a gap fitting with Derek when I was in Ohio a few weeks ago. Great young guy and what an awesome shop. Seeing the results on Trackman was a big plus and surprisingly I only had one iffy gap. The ping G 3 wood may be a new addition.

Can you show a pic of the scarlet and gray knit headcover? Need a new cover for my 4 wood and yours likings interesting.

Go Bucks
    Here's a better look at the knit headcover. The Bucks looked really good yesterday, think this is going to be one fun team to watch this year.

Thanks for the pic. They did look good. Felt bad for Sprinkle. He seems to have matured and could have had a great year and turn into a team leader. Offense looks really good and fast.
    Ping Glide 52/56/60 SS
  • olauwieolauwie Members Posts: 42
    Love that Brick putter!!! Looks so nice
    TS3 8.5˚- PX Hzrdus T1100 White 75X
    TS3 14.25˚ - PX Hzrdus T1100 White 85X
    TMB 17
    ˚- Project X PXi 6.5 HS