P53 golf

13»

Comments

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,234 ✭✭
    edited Mar 20, 2018 #62
    deck wrote:

That's crazy expensive. I'm wondering if the reason for such high pricing a club is that American foundries are more expensive than their Asian counterparts?

They look very nice and I hope they find a niche within the golf industry. Nice to see American made

They are unbelievably expensive because they want to cash in on the same market as PXG. They are by "invitation only". not just any scrub can get their hands on them. making golf a aristocrat activity is their goal. while i dont like it, i can appreciate their mindset. it probably cost a lot less this way. no inventory, and all made to order. etc.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭

Comparing the p53 irons to PXG is not relevant.

p53 only makes 100% bespoke and MOTO irons for guys who want total control over the design of their clubs and who favor American forgings and premium materials (mainly steel).

Personally, I would be intrigued by an American forging, but I don't care all that much about the steel (beyond not wanting flush strikes to feel dull or pingy).

And while I care about aesthetics, I am not naive enough to think my whimsical club design desires would ever outperform a data-driven, impact-tested design.

Clearly, I am not in the market sweet spot for p53 irons, but honestly—I really question who is!

My comparison to PXG had nothing to do with club design, but more the golfer who is willing to spend that type of money on a club. Especially one that has not been proven to be good or great, honestly no one really knows what they really even look like (that last statement means you can't really even see what they look like online to maybe even decide on whether or not you may or may not be interested in ordering a set)
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • PBrowne3PBrowne3 Members Posts: 549 ✭✭
  • RodCRodC Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    I like them and respect their bussines aproach. I hope they do well and sell lots.

But they are not for me.

But as a reference, somebody paid $75.1 million for this painting by Mark Rothko.

top20_most_expansive_paintings_01-596x1024.jpg
    Ping G400 Alta CB, X Shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 Hybrid
    5-PW Mizuno MP-18SC - Steelfiber i95 (since Nov 17) - on the bag
    5-PW TM P-790 Modus 3 105 Stiff (since March 18) - on the bench
    Cleveland RX2 50/08
    CBX 54º Wedge, CBX 58º Wedge.

carbon-putters-revolver.png Carbon Ringo Putter
    ok, absurd ......

$137,500,000. Willem de Kooning – Woman III

top20_most_expansive_paintings_16-720x1024.jpg
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 Hybrid
    Cleveland RX2 50/08

• btmoneybtmoney hack Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Simply beautiful piece of metal
    edited Jul 15, 2018 #68
    RodC wrote:

ok, absurd ......

Wow that's crazy to think that someone has that type of money to buy a single piece of art at that price. But if you got the money....why not I suppose.

btmoney wrote:

They are nice. Wish someone would do a real review on them. I just tried to google "P52 golf club review" and still haven't found one yet.

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    C&L CL1 368g
    rymail00 wrote:

RodC wrote:

ok, absurd ......

Wow that's crazy to think that someone has that type of money to buy a single piece of art at that price. But if you got the money....why not I suppose.

btmoney wrote:

They are nice. Wish someone would do a real review on them. I just tried to google "P52 golf club review" and still haven't found one yet.

It’s P53
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 Hybrid
    Cleveland RX2 50/08

• GWfoolGWfool Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    rymail00 wrote:

RodC wrote:

ok, absurd ......

btmoney wrote:

You're not going to. They are only built specifically to each client and according to the article you're not allowed to resell them as part of the agreement.
  • NixLix26NixLix26 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
    slicktry wrote:

Essentially they will do any grinds, stamping etc with the $2k cost. Forget if the price includes shafts and grips....

God Bless

Jer

Sorry I just want to ask about your WITB, are you using True Temper X100's in your woods including Driver?
    CURRENT BAG SETUP

TITLEIST - 905R with NEW MAMIYA PROFORCE V2
    TITLEIST - 906 F 13*
    NICKENT - 6DT 21*
    BRIDGESTONE - J33CB 4iron
    MIZUNO - MP32 5-PW
    CLEVELAND - 588 GUNMETAL - 53*, 60*

SCOTTY - Bullseye

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
    RodC wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

RodC wrote:

ok, absurd ......

btmoney wrote:

It’s P53

Yeah it was a typo, but still haven't found anything online besides the comments on their site from customers.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    C&L CL1 368g
    GWfool wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

RodC wrote:

ok, absurd ......

btmoney wrote:

You're not going to. They are only built specifically to each client and according to the article you're not allowed to resell them as part of the agreement.

Wow that's a strange concept. I realize they are made for "each player", but Scratch did the same thing. So yes if someone needs SS grind than a DD won't work, so the resale factor may really only for a small number of people. But I'm sure there'd be willing buyers on the 2nd market if the original owner does not like his new irons, or sole grinds etc.

Do you happen to know why they put this agreement into the purchase? Are they worried about people flipping them like SC limited run putters or something along that line? Just seems weird, that's all....

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    C&L CL1 368g
    rymail00 wrote:

GWfool wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

RodC wrote:

ok, absurd ......

btmoney wrote:

Wow that's a strange concept. I realize they are made for "each player", but Scratch did the same thing. So yes if someone needs SS grind than a DD won't work, so the resale factor may really only for a small number of people. But I'm sure there'd be willing buyers on the 2nd market if the original owner does not like his new irons, or sole grinds etc.

Do you happen to know why they put this agreement into the purchase? Are they worried about people flipping them like SC limited run putters or something along that line? Just seems weird, that's all....

According to the owner, they are looking for a small client base that doesn't change clubs often. They are only making 953 sets, they may even cap their client list at that number. So, I presume the agreement is when you want to change clubs you return them to the company. It sounds like it is a multi-day fitting as well, they don't just want your numbers and patterns from one day. They want all you information over multiple days to build your precise club.

It's a niche, but a very intriguing one.
  • ibradleyibradley Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    I can’t stop dreaming about these irons! I added my name to the list in July. Has anyone seen a set? Anyway to get a referral?
    ibradley wrote:

I can’t stop dreaming about these irons! I added my name to the list in July. Has anyone seen a set? Anyway to get a referral?

We are in the same boat. I have been dreaming about them and added my name in the summer. Patiently waiting for a response from them and wishing I knew how to find someone who has them to get a referral. I check my spam folder more than ever!
  • ibradleyibradley Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    GWfool wrote:

ibradley wrote:

We are in the same boat. I have been dreaming about them and added my name in the summer. Patiently waiting for a response from them and wishing I knew how to find someone who has them to get a referral. I check my spam folder more than ever!

Spam folder! I haven't been checking. Something else to obsessively check. Thanks. (I think)
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,382 ✭✭
    deck wrote:

That's crazy expensive. I'm wondering if the reason for such high pricing a club is that American foundries are more expensive than their Asian counterparts?

They look very nice and I hope they find a niche within the golf industry. Nice to see American made

No. It’s called marketing and creating an ultra premium boutique brand. If you read their website they imply that they are very selective in whom they sell too even implying they prefer to sell to those referred to them by existing customers, country clubs, etc. adds to the panache I suppose. Kind of like an American version of Miura at about a $100 plus premium per club. They look stunning and so pure. I’m sure they make a great product but $300 plus per iron is out of my league
13»