Titleist 907D2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still in the honeymoon period with mine but I think that it's a superb club. I always judge clubs by how well they perform when it's not flushed out the middle, in other words when I'm comparing clubs I'll go for the one that makes the best of my bad shots. So far this driver seems to often leave me on the fairway and pretty long even on my "non-driving" days. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried a demo for 18 holes recently and found the club looked nice and great set up. Found the club had a higher launch than same loft in 905R. Club had good control but not as much distance as 905R. Have gone back to my 905R. Several others at my club have also switched back to their 905's as they did not see a great deal of difference in D2. Demo'd 10.5 D2 with YS-6 shaft.

Ping G430 Max 10K w Alta 55

Ping G430 5 wood w PD-70

Ping G425 7 wood w Slay 55

Ping G430 9 wood w Speeder EVO6

Ping G430 6 Hybrid w PX Red Smoke
Srixon ZX5 6-PW w Recoil 660

Vokey SM8 50.12 F Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey SM10 56.12 D Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey Wedgeworks 60.08 K Grind w Recoil 95

Odyssey Jailbird

I have been playing mine since they hit the shelves...so to speak. Had to order mine and was playing the 905R with the same shaft, loft, etc. Initially felt a bit lighter in weight and sounded different, but nothing that was distracting! I think the D2 is a bit more forgiving and oddly enough I find I get a bit better performance when I tee the ball down a bit lower than I was with the 905R.

Very playable driver and fairly easy to work the ball. I have tried lots of different types and models, but have come to the conclusion that I simply do better with Titleist woods, and now irons. Personal choice of course, but I highly recommend this one.

over all i really like the sound and how ball jumps from the club face. It would be interesting to get feedback from anyone that order the 907D2 with a V2-s and then changed shafts. I'm contemplating changing it to a speeder 652 or diamana blueboard 73 my ss is at 112-118

My D2 8.5 came with a V2-s. Pulled it and put a whiteboard 73s then pulled that and I have an aldila XVS8 now (the ones stamped "tour only"). Nothing wrong with the whiteboard other than wanting an x flex. Great club. More forgiving than any other titleist club ever. With your swing speed to should really get at least a V2-x.

i tried the v2 in the d2 and noticed similar results in it as it played in the R... one difference, the longer hosel took some spin off the v2 so it doesnt balloon as much... a good option from titleist for you guys is the vs proto in a 65or 75x... great feel puts up PERFECT numbers for those who spin the ball alot.. if you hit up on it, 8.5 65 or 75 x VS proto. :lol:

Played the D2 9.5* (V2 stiff) for a few weeks now, and i gave it a 5/5. A lot has been said already, so here's my recap. Solid feeling, doesn't balloon and for me the most important thing I appreciate (4.6 index) is this: when you strike it slightly off centre, you get the feedback, but its very forgiving, and when you get to your ball you realize its not far off from where you're good ones are.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been playing the D2 with blueboard 73 for about 2 weeks now and I might have found the right combo for my swing. I get a nice mid-high ball flight with good amount of roll at the end. I've been playing the 905R and R7 460 tp this year and I think the D2 has a slight edge over the 905. I think I got the same amount of carry with the R7, but did gain a few extra yards because of the additional roll from the D2. I'm not to sure about the feel yet. The last driver I had with the diamana shaft was an R5 TP and that combo felt really good. I was expecting the same/similar feel with the D2, but I have not experience that same feel yet. Got to be the head, I guess. I'm pretty happy with this combo and plan to stick with it for alittle while or until I find another "holy grail" driver.

Titleist TR3 9* Driver w/ Tour AD DI 6
Titleist TR2 15* Fairway w/ Tour AD DI 7 
Titleist TR3 19* Hybrid w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Titleist T200 4 Utility w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Tileist T200 Irons (5-PW) w/ SteelFiber i110CW

Vokey SM10 Nickel finish (48.10F, 54.12D, 58.12D) w/ DG S200
Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5

Demo'd a 10.5 with specgrid by Aldila ......floaty, too high.Traded for a 9.5* with VS Proto 80 stiff.........specs are 83g 2.2* torque, mid kick, firm tip.

Well all I can say is...................SUCKER!!!! this thing is by far the longest, most consistent driver I've owned(certified BSG Ho)............I know, I know , latest and greatest ,yeah,yeah.........but this time after years of searching for a club I can go at without fear but load fairly easily with the right "window" .

The shaft feels like Diamana 83 but lighter if that makes sense. The head and the higher MOI allows for less than perfect strikes.........toe and heel still find the fairways.Different feel from other Titleist heads but not worse.............."hotter" is the word most have used. Very clean looking club that has given more confidence AND control in a very short period of time. 905R is/was a very solid driver but still was susceptible to right-turn OR Quacker.

2 rounds in and I've hit 19/24 fwys with only one real miscue....................forget the honeymoon period,this is a marriage 4-life!!!

I've had mine for a couple of months now. Previously I'd played 975D, 975JVS and 905S all with Grafalloy Blue S and briefly had a 905R with Accra SC75 M4.

Basically, I think it's an improvement on the 905R, as it sits squarer and spins noticeably less. Similar forgivenss too. I much prefer the non pear shape and the black finish. I find it's almost as long as my 905S when hit well, but waay friendlier when I don't catch it flush.

The V2 75S feels a touch softer than the Grafalloy blue I was used to, but it's no less accurate. In fact, it's really a much nicer option. Moderate weight to help with tempo, nice kick and very tight when you go after it. I had mine checked on the weekend and it's 258cpm. My Grafalloys were always 265-268, even though labelled "S", they played more like SX. For my slowish tempo 110mp swing, the V2 S works for me, but I could see that an X flex would suit quicker swingers over 110mph.

;) Ok I just picked up my D2 with a stiff Graphite Design YS-6+ & I hit 10/14 fairways as 2 of thoses misses were with my 3 wood. I really bombed some drives well over 300 yds. Make sure you get fitted as I usually hit a regular flex 9 degrees but jumped up to a 10.5 degree stiff & never have I been more pleased with a driver as I have with this one. I shot a 70 2 under in some very windy conditions at my home course as now with this driver in my bag I enjoy the game much more. It's long & very forgiving as I was struggling with several different drivers before I found this one. Titelist was one of the last big names to go with the 460 cc driver size & they got it right as this club will make a huge difference in distance & score thats only if your serious about improving your game.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll preface this post by saying that I've not felt comfortable with a driver in my hands since I gave up on my old DGS300 shafted TM System 2 Midsize (yes, I know it's 1991 "technology") about 3 years ago. At that time, I felt I should join the modern age and acquire a driver with a head larger than 175 cc, so I found a used Titleist 983K with a stiff Prolite shaft in it. Not a bad driver, but the 905Rs were just out and hey, bigger had to be better so i acquired 10.5* with a stiff UST Proforce V2 shaft in it (this was the recommendation from the Titleist fitting Centre). To say that I struggled with the 905R is an understatement. I seemed to be hitting a lot of pushes left (and occasionally snapping one off to the right) and the ball flight seemed to balloon on me quite a bit. It got to the point where stopped using it because I felt I could hit a lot more fairways with my 3W off the tee and not lose too much distance. Enter the 907D2. All I can say is wow! For me, the 907D2 10.5* with a stiff Aldila VS Proto "By You" is the [u]best driver[/u] I have ever hit. In fact, now I relish the idea of taking driver out of the bag. Now I'm carrying it about 240 to 250 yds and my ballflight is back to my stock 5 yard cut as well as being a little lower and a lot straighter than with the UST V2. Mishits will lose some distance, but usually find the fairway. On a related topic, I've noticed that quite a few people who don't like the UST PRoforce V2 move to the Aldila VS Proto with positive results in terms of accuracy/feel. Not that I didn't hit some big drives with the UST shaft, but feelwise it just never felt right at the moment of contact. Last of all, while it doesn't sound quite as good as the 905R, the 907D2 still makes very pleasing crack on a well struck shot. Titleist still makes the best sounding drivers in the industry.

"When you find yourself in a hole.
stop digging." ~ Will Rogers

• 1 month later...

I need some help. I am currently swinging a D2 9.5 with the VS Proto. I love the setup of the head, and want to stick with this club, but I am all over the place with it. I am looking to reshaft it, and am looking for some advice. I hit the ball about 275-285, swing in the mid to high 90's. I am launching it super high, and typically losing it to the right. Any suggestions?

So I got this club in the mail yesterday and just in time. I have the Hibore XL and its really long but I cannot cut it at all, which I like to do from time to time. I totally agree with everyone that says its very workable and just as long as my Cleveland. I think I'll put this stick in play for now.

wannabetiger... your getting pretty darn good distance with that swingspeed... I don't think super high is bad as long as the spin is down. When you loose it to the right are you slicing or just blocking it? Could be a swing issue, but I don't know.

I apologize, as I wasn't completely clear with my previous statement. With my previous driver, my Mizuno MP001, I hit it that distance. With the D2, it was initially only going about 250, super high, and mostly way right. I went to the range, and made some minor adjustments to my stance, which I did not want to do, but it seemed to help. I saw some improvement in the distance, getting it out to my desired 275 range, but still losing it to the right and high quite often. I am planning on getting it reshafted with an Aldila green VS 85 gram. I'll leave some feedback once I give it a shot.

I currently have the D2 in my bag, but to be honest it was a hard sell for me over the 905R. I went to three demo days last year and hit them both side by side, and walked away thinking it was not worth the money versus my 905R I currently owned. Keep in mind I only hit the stock shafts that Titleist offered during the demo days, I did not hit any exotics or higher end shafts. Needless to say, I got the chance to play with a D2 with a Diamana Blueboard and it was night and day! The D2 came alive and turned in a rocket launcher and a fairway finder! I have played the 905R with the Diamana in it and felt it was too harsh or stiff. I think that the shorter hosel on the 907 D2 made all the difference in the world with the Diamana shaft for me. Needless to say it did not take all of too long before I put one in the bag after a LM session. Played nine holes two days ago in 39* temps and hit 6 of 7 fairways (the one miss was 5 yds right). It just hits flat out straight bombs for me, and it is so easy to work right or left. At this point it will take something really special for me to take the D2 out of my bag!

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

After a lengthy argument with my old trustworthy, yet not consistent driver I had several drivers tested. I kept returning to the D2 and I was very satisfied with the results I got last fall. The fairway hits are increasing and I find that my carry has also increased, though the total length seems a bit shorter.
I play the D2 with the UST v2 S 9,5* and it gives me a good boring trajectory and I feel that I can shape ball left or right.