2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Bag of Tour Equipment - Joe Kwok Built

NOVEMBER 20 - PICS ADDED
Good evening all,

Last week I took delivery of basically a whole new kit, see specs in my signature. I bought the iron heads from JC (highly recommended) and had him sent them to Joe Kwok to build. I also acquired a tour r7 tp 15* 3wood and sent that to Joe also. Joe had a Cleveland Comp head from a tour player which he built for me. I bought Joes tour rescue, tour vokey sm SW and he did an 'm' grind on a retail sm vokey for me. I wanted a lighter putter to try on the lightning greens at my home course and successfully demoed a cameron studio design 2.5 perfect, and even better I found a new one on ebay with the sublime lime custom shop grip and head cover that I wanted and have been outbid for several times (can't believe a grip and head cover go for more than $US200!)

I have now had several range sessions and played a quick nine after work the last few days - in short, I'm speechless, I can't believe it.

About me - I play of just under 6 at a very tight tree lined Aussie course, very hilly, fast hard greens, fairways don't run, not a bash and slash parkland style course. I'm not the best player in the world and probably not the worst. My career takes all my time. I took up golf at age 28 and that was nearly five years ago. Driver club head speed is 115-122 (not quite the speed of my long distance mate HomBom, but plenty good enough to get it out there) I am capable of professional distances/trajectory etc but not the consistency. I like to give it a thump and enjoy working the ball on most shots - that's the fun in golf right?

Yes, the equipment is fantastic, but what I really had no idea about is the difference/advantage of professionally built equipment vs mass produced retail equipment, it's just sticking a shaft in a club head right? WRONG! I did take a chance, I'm on the other side of the planet, and I didn't know Joe from a bar of soap. But when so many have so much respect for his work I decided to take a chance.

Joe has done a truly magnificent job and I learned about things and their relationship to performance that I had never realized. Joe was very generous with his time, I called him several times to discuss my abilities (and lack of them!), what I liked and didn't like about my equipment, what I wanted to achieve. I also provided some hard stats average carry/launch conditions/ball flight etc to aid in his analysis of what equipment style I needed. I couldn't be happier or more satisfied with the results. Joe is also a fine gentleman and I highly recommend his services.

CONCLUSIONS

1. Tour Miura forged 300 irons are just fantastic, I wont go into all the detail as JC has made a comprehensive post on these, I whole heartedly agree with his comments. I am 1 club longer in the irons, I now carry my stock 7iron 165m thats 180 yards! Bit more if I turn it over. I will get a back up spare set of these heads asap (JC?). As a TM iron devotee these are simply better than any other model IMO.

1b. TT TC shafts are very very good (except I would prefer normal chrome colour) very smooth, very tight, good ball flight. A step up in feel from DG IMO.

2. The tour r7 3wood / ZCom Pro80X tipped is awsome, I drove the 12th green, 288m (320yards) par 4 (OB left) and casually 2 putted for bird. I have never got close with a 3wood (except wind assisted) absolutely amazed, with OB down the left side I'm mostly too chicken!! I let a couple of pro friends have a hit and was offered all kinds of cash there and then - forget it fellas...........I would foam the head, I haven't had a titanium fairway wood before so not used to the 'ting' sound, I prefer a solid muted 'thwack' but I'm starting to like it real good!!! Again, totally workable club, I haven't been able to control trajectory/flight of a 3wood before, the bomb high draw off the tee that gets me 300+ is a new shot for me (oh by the way, I didn't have a tee in my pocket so just hit it off the deck!). I was a bit skeptical about all this adjustable weight 'technology' as I consider myself fairly traditional in equipment taste, but now I'm very keen to try the larger r7 drivers when they come out.

3. The tour rescue/904hb is fantastic, easy to work (I have had problems hooking retail rescues regardless of how stiff I made the shaft) Joe foamed the head and the solid 'thwack' feeling/sound is the best. I used it to lay up on tight dogleg par4's where a missed fairway is a bogey (or worse) and was closer to the green than ever before. A very workable club. I think this is strongly related to the shaft.

4. Tour Vokey sand wedge has very aggressive grooves which are a distinct advantage, the tt tc s3 works beautifully in the wedge, lovely soft feel, definitely a softer feel than retail.

5. Cleveland Comp is a cannon - enough said, ZCom mw74 loads smoothly, might be a tad soft for those used to 757 speeder, but works well for me as I tend to 'save' shots with my hands if I feel the swing is no good at impact.

6. Most importantly, spend the time and the money, be honest about your ability, there's not point having a pretty set you can't hit, and just let Joe do his thing!

I will post pics and further thoughts/conclusions to this post when my mate returns from holidays with my camera!

Now if only TM would make me a nice plain black staff bag.................

All the best.

NOVEMBER 12 - JOE KWOK CUSTOM 'M' GRIND SM60

Right 'o, after a lot of hitting my new irons, and loving them, I decided to spend some time concentrating on the scoring end of the game and just spent another 200 ball session at the range, this time concentrating on driver, 3wood and wedges.

Joe took a retail SM58.08, selected from many heads to find a heavy one, bent it to 60.10, so he had enough 'metal' to work with, and did an 'M' grind for me. The M grind consists of substantial heel, toe and trailing edge relief.

I played a variety of shots, 50m 65m 75m and a stock full L wedge to 90m. All landed at the flags with the trajectory and spin I want. Obviously the full shot goes miles in the air and there is a loss of control to an extent and a 1/2 SW is the go in play, but I wanted to see how the club went at warp 5!

The trailing edge and heel relief was instrumental in allowing me to still attack the ball with a short swing on the 50m and 75m pitch shots and not get the club turning over or stuck in the ground, much easier to use and control than my previous RAC LW. The club did not bounce into the ball once, a problem I've had on hard fairways before, especially when opening the face.

For these shots, I play from a narrow stance, grip down, align open, open the club face a bit and hold on through impact, fairly standard orthodox stuff. The SM face is fantastic, and should result in good drop and stop on these short scoring pitches. I got spin from the practice fairway! I don't know about shearing balls to pieces as has been written else where, but very good spin all the same. The TT TC shaft feels as good in the wedges as they do in the irons, very good feel, I chose (Joe recommended) S3 flex in the wedges.

My Tour SM54.10 is also impressive, I hit many half shots to 85m and full shots to just past the 100m, 105m is my normal yardage for a stock shot. Wonderful club. I haven't owned a tour wedge before, and in comparing the grooves on the clubs, the tour grooves are sharp and, feel deeper at least. The ball hisses of the face and I noticed a definite increase in spin over the old 588.

As I was at the range with range balls, I will wait to get to my club and use ProV1x to try punch shots, that will be the full value of extra spin, most of us don't need to spin full shots harder.

I am yet to give this club a workout in the bunkers, or for chipping, I'm sure they will be awsome.

Pics coming this week

IMG_0893.JPG.2bf88c0be18238c6a2fc2f08660e4707.JPG
IMG_9711.jpg.b262e918235fb51c0b1e1a945a558ee2.jpg

IMG_0895.JPG.291987eecd1b01c98604567d33456490.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG.1ffe48522a129961017861b8fb82fc61.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG.325243b804dc93c4d6472b78c3897061.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG.bcf266a8501913f441405e8fec02d3bf.JPG

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening all,

Last week I took delivery of basically a whole new kit, see specs in my signature.  I bought the iron heads from JC (highly recommended) and had him sent them to Joe Kwok to build.  I also acquired a tour r7 tp 15* 3wood and sent that to Joe also.  Joe had a Cleveland Comp head from a tour player which he built for me. I bought Joes tour rescue, tour vokey sm SW and he did an 'm' grind on a retail sm vokey for me.  I wanted a lighter putter to try on the lightning greens at my home course and successfully demoed a cameron studio design 2.5 perfect, and even better I found a new one on ebay with the sublime lime custom shop grip and head cover that I wanted and have been outbid for several times (can't believe a grip and head cover go for more than $US200!)

I have now had several range sessions and played a quick nine after work the last few days - in short, I'm speechless, I can't believe it.

About me - I play of just under 6 at a very tight tree lined Aussie course, very hilly, fast hard greens, fairways don't run, not a bash and slash parkland style course.  I'm not the best player in the world and probably not the worst.  My career takes all my time.  I took up golf at age 28 and that was nearly five years ago.  Driver club head speed is 115-122 (not quite the speed of my long distance mate HomBom, but plenty good enough to get it out there) I am capable of professional distances/trajectory etc but not the consistency.  I like to give it a thump and enjoy working the ball on most shots - that's the fun in golf right?

Yes, the equipment is fantastic, but what I really had no idea about is the difference/advantage of professionally built equipment vs mass produced retail equipment, it's just sticking a shaft in a club head right? WRONG!  I did take a chance, I'm on the other side of the planet, and I didn't know Joe from a bar of soap.  But when so many have so much respect for his work I decided to take a chance.

Joe has done a truly magnificent job and I learned about things and their relationship to performance that I had never realized.  Joe was very generous with his time, I called him several times to discuss my abilities (and lack of them!), what I liked and didn't like about my equipment, what I wanted to achieve.  I also provided some hard stats average carry/launch conditions/ball flight etc to aid in his analysis of what equipment style I needed.  I couldn't be happier or more satisfied with the results.  Joe is also a fine gentleman and I highly recommend his services.

CONCLUSIONS

1. Tour Miura forged 300 irons are just fantastic, I wont go into all the detail as JC has made a comprehensive post on these, I whole heartedly agree with his comments. I am 1 club longer in the irons, I now carry my stock 7iron 165m thats 180 yards!  Bit more if I turn it over.  I will get a back up spare set of these heads asap (JC?).  As a TM iron devotee these are simply better than any other model IMO. 

1b. TT TC shafts are very very good (except I would prefer normal chrome colour) very smooth, very tight, good ball flight.  A step up in feel from DG IMO.

2. The tour r7 3wood / ZCom Pro80X tipped is awsome, I drove the 12th green, 288m (320yards) par 4 (OB left) and casually 2 putted for par.  I have never got close with a 3wood (except wind assisted) absolutely amazed, with OB down the left side I'm mostly too chicken!!  I let a couple of pro friends have a hit and was offered all kinds of cash there and then - forget it fellas...........I would foam the head, I haven't had a titanium fairway wood before so not used to the 'ting' sound, I prefer a solid muted 'thwack' but I'm starting to like it real good!!!  Again, totally workable club, I haven't been able to control trajectory/flight of a 3wood before, the bomb high draw off the tee that gets me 300+ is a new shot for me (oh by the way, I didn't have a tee in my pocket so just hit it off the deck!).  I was a bit skeptical about all this adjustable weight 'technology' as I consider myself fairly traditional in equipment taste, but now I'm very keen to try the larger r7 drivers when they come out.

3. The tour rescue/904hb is fantastic, easy to work (I have had problems hooking  retail rescues regardless of how stiff I made the shaft) Joe foamed the head and the solid 'thwack' feeling/sound is the best.  I used it to lay up on tight dogleg par4's where a missed fairway is a bogey (or worse) and was closer to the green than ever before.  A very workable club.  I think this is strongly related to the shaft.

4. Tour Vokey sand wedge has very aggressive grooves which are a distinct advantage, the tt tc s3 works beautifully in the wedge, lovely soft feel, definitely a softer feel than retail.

5. Cleveland Comp is a cannon - enough said,  ZCom mw74 loads smoothly, might be a tad soft for those used to 757 speeder, but works well for me as I tend to 'save' shots with my hands if I feel the swing is no good at impact.

6. Most importantly, spend the time and the money, be honest about your ability, there's not point having a pretty set you can't hit, and just let Joe do his thing!

I will post pics and further thoughts/conclusions to this post when my mate returns from holidays with my camera!

Now id only TM would make me a nice plain black staff bag.................

All the best.

61616[/snapback]

Super Post "Mate". I enjoyed reading of your customized experience. I'm new to the site... what are TM "Miura" irons? what's the Miura part mean?

Thanks again!

any pics joe

TM Qi-10 Core (9) MRC Diamana GT 60X
TM Stealth2 (15) Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
TM Stealth2 3-19 Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X
TM P790 (4,5) GD Tour AD-DI 95-S

TM P770 (6-9) TT S400(TI)
TM MG3 46.09, TM Hi-Toe 3 (50.09, 54.10, 60.10) TT S400(TI)
TM MySpider Tour X X7

Super Post "Mate". I enjoyed reading of your customized experience. I'm new to the site... what are TM "Miura" irons? what's the Miura part mean?

Thanks again!

61638[/snapback]

Hi,

Welcome to wrx! It's an awsome site isn't it! I am a new comer too, and have found everyone very helpful and knowledgeable. If you want info on the latest tour scoops and equipment this is the place - enjoy!

Now, I'm certainly no expert, JC would be the man to comment. Miura is a foundry in Japan with a reputation for forging the worlds best irons, they have a unique process. Miura produce under their own brand but also for other companies tour players. For example Miura forge Sergio's and Goosens irons for TM and Tigers Titleists were forged by Miura etc. They have a distinct soft buttery feel. I am enjoying mine. Hope this helps.

By the way, I have received several PM's asking about Joes prices for his services. I will not answer questions about this, It's not for me to do so and would be unfair to Joe. I can say definitely well worth it and most reasonable. Call or email him - he doesn't bite!!

Although don't upset him if he has a syringe of hot melt handy :tongue: :cheesy:

Thanks again!

61638[/snapback]

Hi,

Welcome to wrx! It's an awsome site isn't it! I am a new comer too, and have found everyone very helpful and knowledgeable. If you want info on the latest tour scoops and equipment this is the place - enjoy!

Now, I'm certainly no expert, JC would be the man to comment. Miura is a foundry in Japan with a reputation for forging the worlds best irons, they have a unique process. Miura produce under their own brand but also for other companies tour players. For example Miura forge Sergio's and Goosens irons for TM and Tigers Titleists were forged by Miura etc. They have a distinct soft buttery feel. I am enjoying mine. Hope this helps.

By the way, I have received several PM's asking about Joes prices for his services. I will not answer questions about this, It's not for me to do so and would be unfair to Joe. I can say definitely well worth it and most reasonable. Call or email him - he doesn't bite!!

61654[/snapback]

TM Freak..thanks for the insight on Miura. You learn something new everyday! Best of everything to you with your new stix!!

To quantify that statement that you are now one club longer with the 300's you'd need to spec the lofts, lie, s/w and shafts of your new irons against the specs of your old clubs.

Miura forgings don't instantly add 10-12 yards (unless you frequent 'crack pipe smoking' high end golf web sites :tongue: ) shafts, lies, lofts & swing weights do affect length, forgings do not.

To quantify that statement that you are now one club longer with the 300's you'd need to spec the lofts, lie, s/w and shafts of your new irons against the specs of your old clubs.

Miura forgings don't instantly add 10-12 yards (unless you frequent 'crack pipe smoking' high end golf web sites :ok: ) shafts, lies, lofts & swing weights do affect length, forgings do not.

61694[/snapback]

No, I don't frequent 'that' crack pipe smoking website :tongue: :cheesy: :grin:

The increase in distance IMO is because the irons suit me better and have been very well constructed. I had Joe build them to D3 whereas my previous RAC LT's were D2 with TFR 6.0. My new set is +.25" longer shafts. Lofts are similar, same lofts 5-9iron, P is 48* (LT PW is 47*) my 300 3&4iron are 1* weaker at 21.5* and 24.5* respectively. Lies are the same. I will get my RAC's blueprinted, I didn't realise how much torque and lost power there is in irons without the shafts having been spined and FLO'ed. The 300 heads cut the turf much better, but don't get me wrong, the LT's are great irons IMO.

glad to see you like your new sticks, its no wonder why Joe works on so many tour players sticks. its about time i get mine to him before the tour season starts

𝗦ᴜɴ𝗧ʀᴜsᴛ 𝗧ᴀᴍᴘᴀ 𝗕ᴀʏ 𝗣ʀᴏ/𝗔ᴍ 𝗣ʀᴏғᴇssɪᴏɴᴀʟ 𝗖ʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ (-𝟭𝟮/𝟮𝟬𝟭)

68A7239E-AAC2-4873-AAB4-79AB07381822.png.1162e21eb149e0d7ca8526c3ec552f4c.png

DRIVER: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝗟𝗦 𝟴° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗚𝗞 𝗫𝗫

3 WOOD: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝟭𝟰.𝟱° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

5 WOOD: 𝗖ᴏʙʀᴀ 𝗥ᴀᴅ𝗦ᴘᴇᴇᴅ 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝟭𝟵° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

IRONS: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟯ɪ 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗫,𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟰ɪ/ᴘ𝟳ᴛᴡ 𝟱ɪ-𝗣𝗪 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟬𝟱 𝗫

WEDGES: 𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟭𝟬 𝟱𝟰°𝗙 𝗥ᴀᴡ/𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟵 𝟱𝟴°𝗩 𝗥ᴀᴡ 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟮𝟬 𝗫

PUTTER: 𝗕ʏʀᴏɴ 𝗠ᴏʀɢᴀɴ 𝗗𝗛𝟴𝟵 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗪ᴇʟᴅᴇᴅ 𝗙ʟᴏᴡ 𝗡ᴇᴄᴋ 𝟯𝘅 𝗕ʟᴀᴄᴋ

I'm speechless too now! :tongue:

Andrew, Go out there and play more will ya. Make sure your wife didn't see your post, she'll get jealous and brake all your sticks.

Look at the pic what a hot melt did to my hand. I think is about time for me to slow down a bit ha. :cheesy:

Enjoy it my friend! :grin:

joe

Ps: My bad showing that pic last night! I got to take it off. A little to graphics.

Hi TMfreak

Great post,

I think we should send a couple of big aussie bastxxx's :grin: over there and Kidnap that Guru club maker Joe for us Aussie player's. If he comes here I will vote for him to be the next Prime Minister of Australia :tongue:

Joe I hope your hand get's better real soon.I have a great chinese cure for your hand, pure 1 litre of boiling cooking fat on your hand and soon you will forget about that what that hot melt had done to you in the first place. :cheesy:

Best wishes

Addam smith

Joe - I hope you heal quickly !

Now for a staff bag - off to the promised land :

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/catalog/produc...products_id=626

or

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/catalog/produc...products_id=625

Also check out the Addidas stuff -sweeeeet

It's only money honey :tongue: :cheesy:

[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][i][i][img]https://static.golfonline.co.uk/media/logos/taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[/img][/i] [size=4][sub][color=#000000][b]2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Silver 70S[/b][/color][/sub][/size][/i][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/ksfSEag.png[/img][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/font][/size][/i][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i][b][color=#000000]915 F2 16.5[/color][/b] [/i][color=#000000][b][i]Diamana Blue Board 70[/i][/b][/color][/font][/size][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][size=3][color=#000000][img]https://i.imgur.com/ksfSEag.png[/img][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]H1 3 - Aldila Rogue[/font][/color][/size][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][size=4][sub][i][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/iDRdfVu.png[/img][/i] [size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]900 Forged 4-GW Project XLZ 5.5[/color][/font][/size][/i][/sub][/size][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/jWakdRa.png[/img][/i] [/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]54S & 60M X100 [/b][/font][/size][b]SS1[/b][/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font]
[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZSoHrb9.png[/img][/i][/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i]AOP Newport 2[/i][/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font]

Addam,

Are you sober? LOL :cheesy: PM? So far I only got 3 votes including my Sister's family there North Of Sydney. :tongue:

You don't have to kidnap me. Just gather enough work for me to buy the tickets and a little profit for me to spend during the trip, I'll be a happy man. :grin:

I'm starting to be able to type faster, so that means my fingers movement is starting to get better.

I should be able to start grabing club w/ full strenght in a week or so, Hopefully!

Joe

Hi, great review - thanks for sharing. Which course do you usually play at in Perth ? I tend to stay south of the river, mostly Glen Iris, Collier Park. I have often thought about taking the plunge and getting some of the clubs over from the US, and your post certainly gave me a lot of encouragement to do so ! All the best.

Joe - I hope you heal quickly !

Now for a staff bag - off to the promised land :

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/catalog/produc...products_id=626

or

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/catalog/produc...products_id=625

Also check out the Addidas stuff -sweeeeet

It's only money honey :tongue:  :cheesy:

61890[/snapback]

Thanks, I've seen these. First one is 8.5" which is too small, would do my head in pulling a club out and having several come out together!! But idf they made it in 9-9.5" would be perfect

The second bag I am considering, a bit too Japanese looking with the lines all over the place, not nuts on the white accents either.

Thanks for keeping an eye out! I understand TM have new bags coming so will wait and see.

On that note, if anyone has a 2003 masters bag the white 25th aniversary one with the retro logo............let me know

Allow me to give a little opinions here on what i think makes TM FREAK distance increase.

1. Excitement Having a complete fix up new toys.

2. Getting a perfect ball flight and spin rate out of Tour Concept shaft.

3. A Better timing and tempo out of this new set up.

4. Having a better confident out of perfect fit club to his eyes, thus will translate to his swing.

5. Down Under is approaching summer which contribute some of the distance effect.

6. I'm not sure if he really ever checked his previous equipment carefully or not, If he only base on what the spec said without checking them out...This new set up might be a perfect fit compare to a way off spec on the previous one.

Basically and overall spec fits his swing character, course condition and weather condition or he is striking very well and booze his confident into swinging it harder and catching it solid, etc, etc, etc.

He'll have to see some more flying time and can even gain something that he never have or get worst ( the last word i want to use here ).

What ever it is now, He deserved to enjoy what he has now. He worked hard and spend a lot of time to put this set together and never deal w/ me before and can trust me that far to work on his sticks is a very bold sign that he is an honest great guy. At least! And Off course isn't cheap to most of us.

He wants to share his excitement w/ us today, let's at least give him a positive encouragement to be a better player And let's leave my contribution of work out of it if it a must, because other clubmakers can do the same thing to him if they can get it as perfect as he got now ( not only physical aspect but also Mentally ).

Just my 2 cents!

Joe

Miura forgings don't instantly add 10-12 yards (unless you frequent 'crack pipe smoking' high end golf web sites :tongue: ) shafts, lies, lofts & swing weights do affect length, forgings do not.

61694[/snapback]

Can you explain the corelation of swingwieght to distance? I just change some shafts in my clubs and was wondering about swingwieght issues?

61922[/snapback]

Absolutely - there's no correlation between swing weight and distance what so ever! I like D3+ it's a feel thing, Goosen likes D1 and I obviously dont hit it any where near as good. My personal feel is, now this is only what I feel in my swing, that the head heavier swing weight helps me release the clubhead and also smooths my brisk tempo. Only MO.

Allow me to give a little opinions here on what i think makes TM FREAK distance increase.

1. Excitement Having a complete fix up new toys.

2. Getting a perfect ball flight and spin rate out of Tour Concept shaft.

3. A Better timing and tempo out of this new set up.

4. Having a better confident out of perfect fit club to his eyes, thus will translate to his swing.

5. Down Under is approaching summer which contribute some of the distance effect.

6. I'm not sure if he really ever checked his previous equipment carefully or not, If he only base on what the spec said without checking them out...This new set up might be a perfect fit compare to a way off spec on the previous one.

Basically and overall spec fits his swing character, course condition and weather condition or he is striking very well and booze his confident into swinging it harder and catching it solid, etc, etc, etc.

He'll have to see some more flying time and can even gain something that he never have or get worst ( the last word i want to use here ).

What ever it is now, He deserved to enjoy what he has now. He worked hard and spend a lot of time to put this set together and never deal w/ me before and can trust me that far to work on his sticks is a very bold sign that he is an honest great guy. At least! And Off course isn't cheap to most of us.

He wants to share his excitement w/ us today, let's at least give him a positive encouragement to be a better player And let's leave my contribution of work out of it if it a must, because other clubmakers can do the same thing to him if they can get it as perfect as he got now ( not only physical aspect but also Mentally ).

Just my 2 cents!

Joe

61978[/snapback]

Much of the above is true. However, I feel the shafts, both the TT TC and the 'Fuji's' in my woods are 90% of the difference. I feel there is no power loss, everything I put into a swing goes to the ball, no twisting of the shaft etc. The flex is perfect for me.

The squarer face of the tour rescue/woods has helped me control ball flight in terms of shape, much easier for me. The turf cutting of the 300's is resulting in better ball striking, like when I used MP-29's.

1. I am not swinging any differently, same action/tempo

2. The increase in swing weight feels good to me and I find it easier to release the clubhead which may be leading to better/faster contact.

3. AGREED - far better ball flight & spin rate from TC. Still very high but strong.

4. We are into summer but I wasn't hitting this far this time last year! And I think I was swinging better last year.

5. I did get my previous set loft/lie checked, doubt whether shafts spined, I will get them done.

And yes, very excited :tongue: drivable par 4's, 565yard par 5's in 2 I get 4-5 more opportunities per round to score now!! Damn right I'm excited!! :cheesy:

Hi, great review - thanks for sharing. Which course do you usually play at in Perth ? I tend to stay south of the river, mostly Glen Iris, Collier Park. I have often thought about taking the plunge and getting some of the clubs over from the US, and your post certainly gave me a lot of encouragement to do so ! All the best.

61902[/snapback]

Hi,

Those 2 public courses you mention are great! I practice at Collier a lot, most weekends, verygood driving range. Play at most of the major private clubs and country clubs and am a member at one of them. If you see me at Collier make sure you come and say Hi :tongue:

Swingweight and the overall static weight of a club does have an effect on distance (although one s/w in TMfreaks case is probably insignificant)

Really heavy clubs in the hands of a physically weak golfer means they won't acheive maximum club head speed, likewise a strong golfer with light heads and heavy shafts would lose something too.

Joe is best versed to answer this

Hi,

Those 2 public courses you mention are great! I practice at Collier a lot, most weekends, verygood driving range. Play at most of the major private clubs and country clubs and am a member at one of them. If you see me at Collier make sure you come and say Hi :tongue:

62092[/snapback]

I am thinking about joining Royal Freo in the near future. I will definitely be on the lookout for a very pimp-ed up TM bag ! Good luck and congrats on your bag once again.

Swingweight and the overall static weight of a club does have an effect on distance (although one s/w in TMfreaks case is probably insignificant)

Really heavy clubs in the hands of a physically weak golfer means they won't acheive maximum club head speed, likewise a strong golfer with light heads and heavy shafts would lose something too.

Joe is best versed to answer this

62097[/snapback]

Somwhat true.. my recent example... one driver with 70g shaft my average SS is 105.. another driver with a 90g shaft my SS went to 109-110..whatever reason my tempo was better with heavier club and my SS went up...

too bad ball speed stayed equal :tongue:

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven