Best Cheap 100% Cabretta Leather Glove?

2»

Comments

  • BrianL99BrianL99 Banned Posts: 5,116 ✭✭
    edited Feb 8, 2015 #32
    TallTexan wrote:


    I am trying to identify a good 100% cabretta leather glove for practice purposes...something <= $15 would be ideal.



    i've been using Footjoy WeatherSof's for years and I just prefer the feel of all leather now. Thanks.




    I just bought (8) Ray Cook gloves on RockBottom, for $6/each. As I said before, I like the MG's, but these were too cheap to pass up (not 100% leather).



    http://www.rockbotto...olf-gloves.html
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX Posts: 5,516 ClubWRX
    I just ordered 1 MG from eBay to try sizing. It was like $5.25. If it fits nicely I'm going to stock up.
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

    -Hawkeye77

    Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016


    Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Cobra 2019 King Forged MB/CB KBS $ Taper
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

    ig-badge-48.png
  • OldGolfer87OldGolfer87 Unregistered Posts: 1,523
    TallTexan wrote:


    I am trying to identify a good 100% cabretta leather glove for practice purposes...something <= $15 would be ideal.



    i've been using Footjoy WeatherSof's for years and I just prefer the feel of all leather now. Thanks.






    All the leather gloves i own i bought on E bay ... there are stores and legitimate websites who sell glove at a discount price frequently , for example some places like Budget golf sell the previous season gloves for less than 10 dollars a glove or in groups of 6 ..... before 2014 season i bought Mizuno gloves .. the back of the hand was a stretchy fabric but the rest of the glove was cabretta leather and were a durable glove , i still even have some new in the package and they still look and feel like i had just purchased them ......



    Budget golf was not the only seller either , if you just use some good judgement and be a little selective you will find with you need ... good luck
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing this thread last summer, I decided to give the MGGolf gloves a try. I think it was BrianL who suggested them. These gloves are great! Hands downy favorite glove on the market. Prior to the MG's I was using the Mizuno Retroflex. I purchased the tour model MG glove which is darn near paper thin. Easily the thinnest glove I have used. That's a good thing for me. Others, who like thicker gloves would want to try their other models.



    The MG's don't seem to last as long (makes sense given how thin they are), but they are very soft and have a great fit.



    I will be stocking up on them today for this golf season as they are currently buy one get one free (so $7 or $6 per glove depending on which model you buy).
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX Posts: 5,516 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 9, 2015 #36


    After seeing this thread last summer, I decided to give the MGGolf gloves a try. I think it was BrianL who suggested them. These gloves are great! Hands downy favorite glove on the market. Prior to the MG's I was using the Mizuno Retroflex. I purchased the tour model MG glove which is darn near paper thin. Easily the thinnest glove I have used. That's a good thing for me. Others, who like thicker gloves would want to try their other models.



    The MG's don't seem to last as long (makes sense given how thin they are), but they are very soft and have a great fit.



    I will be stocking up on them today for this golf season as they are currently buy one get one free (so $7 or $6 per glove depending on which model you buy).




    If you use a cadet size, check out ebay. Direct from MG's ebay account they're even cheaper.
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

    -Hawkeye77

    Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016


    Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Cobra 2019 King Forged MB/CB KBS $ Taper
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

    ig-badge-48.png
  • BrianL99BrianL99 Banned Posts: 5,116 ✭✭


    After seeing this thread last summer, I decided to give the MGGolf gloves a try. I think it was BrianL who suggested them. These gloves are great! Hands downy favorite glove on the market. Prior to the MG's I was using the Mizuno Retroflex. I purchased the tour model MG glove which is darn near paper thin. Easily the thinnest glove I have used. That's a good thing for me. Others, who like thicker gloves would want to try their other models.



    The MG's don't seem to last as long (makes sense given how thin they are), but they are very soft and have a great fit.



    I will be stocking up on them today for this golf season as they are currently buy one get one free (so $7 or $6 per glove depending on which model you buy).




    Just a little tip that applies to MG gloves, as all gloves. If you buy quantity, check the fit on all of them when they arrive. Golf gloves are notorious for inconsistent sizing. I think MG does a great job with sizes, but every once in a while I get one that's off. They'll replace them, without question.
  • hh2ndhh2nd Members Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    CSchnee wrote:



    After seeing this thread last summer, I decided to give the MGGolf gloves a try. I think it was BrianL who suggested them. These gloves are great! Hands downy favorite glove on the market. Prior to the MG's I was using the Mizuno Retroflex. I purchased the tour model MG glove which is darn near paper thin. Easily the thinnest glove I have used. That's a good thing for me. Others, who like thicker gloves would want to try their other models.



    The MG's don't seem to last as long (makes sense given how thin they are), but they are very soft and have a great fit.



    I will be stocking up on them today for this golf season as they are currently buy one get one free (so $7 or $6 per glove depending on which model you buy).




    If you use a cadet size, check out ebay. Direct from MG's ebay account they're even cheaper.




    Thanks for the tip!
    Cobra Fly-Z 9.5*
    Mizuno JPX 850 17*
    Mizuno CLK Fli Hi 20*
    Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T4 52*/Titleist Vokey SM5 56* and 60*
    Piretti Potenza II
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    BrianL99 wrote:



    After seeing this thread last summer, I decided to give the MGGolf gloves a try. I think it was BrianL who suggested them. These gloves are great! Hands downy favorite glove on the market. Prior to the MG's I was using the Mizuno Retroflex. I purchased the tour model MG glove which is darn near paper thin. Easily the thinnest glove I have used. That's a good thing for me. Others, who like thicker gloves would want to try their other models.



    The MG's don't seem to last as long (makes sense given how thin they are), but they are very soft and have a great fit.



    I will be stocking up on them today for this golf season as they are currently buy one get one free (so $7 or $6 per glove depending on which model you buy).




    Just a little tip that applies to MG gloves, as all gloves. If you buy quantity, check the fit on all of them when they arrive. Golf gloves are notorious for inconsistent sizing. I think MG does a great job with sizes, but every once in a while I get one that's off. They'll replace them, without question.




    A couple of great tips here. Thanks for the help!
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • ShamblesShambles Members Posts: 3,548 ✭✭
    BrianL99 wrote:

    Shambles wrote:


    Back when I was new I was going through a glove a session. My grip was that bad.



    Shambles




    How long is a glove supposed to last? 1 a year?




    What kind of answer are you trying to elicit ?



    Gloves are not equal when it comes to useful life, durability in storage and personal satisfaction. Results differ according to brand and even within brands they differ according to glove model. Naturally there is also the matter of frequency of use. A time measure does not serve very well if one user is less frequent than another.



    Possibly your question was derisive, in which case I can answer immediately. Even using the cheapest available glove I found the cost excessive and the natural alternative of going gloveless was excessively costly of skin that could not heal in time for the next session. That would have cost me practice time. Plaster did not look very good but it solved all criteria for me and my rather slim pocket.







    Shambles
  • BrianL99BrianL99 Banned Posts: 5,116 ✭✭
    Shambles wrote:

    BrianL99 wrote:

    Shambles wrote:


    Back when I was new I was going through a glove a session. My grip was that bad.



    Shambles




    How long is a glove supposed to last? 1 a year?




    What kind of answer are you trying to elicit ?



    Gloves are not equal when it comes to useful life, durability in storage and personal satisfaction. Results differ according to brand and even within brands they differ according to glove model. Naturally there is also the matter of frequency of use. A time measure does not serve very well if one user is less frequent than another.



    Possibly your question was derisive, in which case I can answer immediately. Even using the cheapest available glove I found the cost excessive and the natural alternative of going gloveless was excessively costly of skin that could not heal in time for the next session. That would have cost me practice time. Plaster did not look very good but it solved all criteria for me and my rather slim pocket.



    Shambles




    Sorry, I read your original post wrong. I thought it said "a glove a season" and was wondering how you got them to last that long.



    A "glove a session"? I'd got the Freddy Couples route!



    Sorry.
  • sabr686sabr686 Banned Posts: 18


    COSTCO



    Works out to $6.25 per glove. If you don't like them, no question asked returns.
    Fully agreed. This is how I've adorned my right hand (I'm a lefty) for almost ten years now.

    It used to be you got one synthetic glove with two cabretta leathers. Now, it seems, at least in my location, they've gone to 3 leather gloves, which suits me just fine.

    One word of caution: you may find very slight variances or inconsistencies in fit. Sometimes the thumb is too long, or the palm just a wee tight. But nothing that can't either be worked around or brought back to Costco. Keep your eyes peeled, because these go fast.
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    BrianL99 wrote:

    Shambles wrote:

    BrianL99 wrote:

    Shambles wrote:


    Back when I was new I was going through a glove a session. My grip was that bad.



    Shambles




    How long is a glove supposed to last? 1 a year?




    What kind of answer are you trying to elicit ?



    Gloves are not equal when it comes to useful life, durability in storage and personal satisfaction. Results differ according to brand and even within brands they differ according to glove model. Naturally there is also the matter of frequency of use. A time measure does not serve very well if one user is less frequent than another.



    Possibly your question was derisive, in which case I can answer immediately. Even using the cheapest available glove I found the cost excessive and the natural alternative of going gloveless was excessively costly of skin that could not heal in time for the next session. That would have cost me practice time. Plaster did not look very good but it solved all criteria for me and my rather slim pocket.



    Shambles




    Sorry, I read your original post wrong. I thought it said "a glove a season" and was wondering how you got them to last that long.



    A "glove a session"? I'd got the Freddy Couples route!



    Sorry.




    Not gonna lie Brian, I made the same mistake. Reading FAIL haha.
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • ShamblesShambles Members Posts: 3,548 ✭✭

    BrianL99 wrote:

    Shambles wrote:

    BrianL99 wrote:

    Shambles wrote:


    Back when I was new I was going through a glove a session. My grip was that bad.



    Shambles




    How long is a glove supposed to last? 1 a year?




    What kind of answer are you trying to elicit ?



    Gloves are not equal when it comes to useful life, durability in storage and personal satisfaction. Results differ according to brand and even within brands they differ according to glove model. Naturally there is also the matter of frequency of use. A time measure does not serve very well if one user is less frequent than another.



    Possibly your question was derisive, in which case I can answer immediately. Even using the cheapest available glove I found the cost excessive and the natural alternative of going gloveless was excessively costly of skin that could not heal in time for the next session. That would have cost me practice time. Plaster did not look very good but it solved all criteria for me and my rather slim pocket.



    Shambles




    Sorry, I read your original post wrong. I thought it said "a glove a season" and was wondering how you got them to last that long.



    A "glove a session"? I'd got the Freddy Couples route!



    Sorry.




    Not gonna lie Brian, I made the same mistake. Reading FAIL haha.




    No problem.



    My current glove has lasted about a year now, might have been longer as I'm not all that sure anymore about when I bought it. I would have gone gloveless but I still make rub marks on the glove and as the OP asked for cabretta and mine is some kind of artificial material ( Fit 39 ), I refrain from recommending it.



    To be clear, the only reason my gloves have lasted so long is because I no longer play as much golf as in the past. I managed two rounds in the last four months.







    Shambles
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Shambles wrote:






    No problem.



    My current glove has lasted about a year now, might have been longer as I'm not all that sure anymore about when I bought it. I would have gone gloveless but I still make rub marks on the glove and as the OP asked for cabretta and mine is some kind of artificial material ( Fit 39 ), I refrain from recommending it.



    To be clear, the only reason my gloves have lasted so long is because I no longer play as much golf as in the past. I managed two rounds in the last four months.







    Shambles




    Makes sense. Yeah I rotate between 2 gloves at a time. I find myself changing both gloves out after 2 months or so. I don't really hit balls that often so normally my wear and tear is from playing. I turn 50 or so rounds a year. I more or less change the gloves when they are getting overly stiff and 'crusty' not when they have a hole in them. The MG gloves are paper thin so they don't last as long, but, I simply love the thin feel of them and how soft they are.
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    **** are great. I usually buy the 3 or 4 pack from Costco. They are callaway and all Cabretta leather. Like $13 for 3
    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • boulAAYYYboulAAYYY Members Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭

    TallTexan wrote:
    bpark - weathersof's have synthetic materials...i'm looking for 100% leather



    nando - thanks. i will check those out.



    doing some research on my own, i see the Callaway Dawn Patrol glove appears to be all leather and less than $15. they might be cheaper than the MG gloves since you can buy them in the store and not pay shipping.



    has anyone used these Callaway gloves?




    MG Golf gloves are 2 for $12 (or $14 if you get their Elites), not $12 each. One of the best values in the golf industry IMO, plus they're a Texas company!



    If you're trying to find the best, cheap, 100% cabretta gloves, look no further.




    and of course they didnt ship in Canada :/ why we never get the deal?!
    Ping G400 LST 9*(DL and HM) W/ Matrix TP7HDe XX
    Callaway x2hot Aldila tour green 85TX
    Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
    Honma TW737V 4-pw w/ KBS $-Taper
    Honma TW W4 50/54 $-taper & 610
    Callaway MD Forged 58 custom grind Kbs tour X
    SC Futura 5S
    Swing: https://youtu.be/dRK_GXV7rDg (Driver FV)
    https://youtu.be/2pszXHplqx4 (DTL)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file