Ewill's "classik" WITB: Taylormade SLDR, Mizuno, Vokeys..

ewill ·  
ewillewill SoClass!kMembers  154WRX Points: 0Handicap: 1.9Posts: 154
Joined:  edited Jun 13, 2015 in What's In The Bag Photo Edition #1
Hello All,

Have never really been into posting but after seeing so many good looking bags I was encouraged to post one . Let me know what you all think

Current

60 Nike SV wedge (temporary replacement for my 60 vokey.. R.I.P run over by the cart girl)

Putter: Ping Karsten TR Anser5

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred

Bag: Ping Hoofer Leaderboard Lime and black
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on
Ping g30 9.0 tour 65 xflex // R1 back-up 8.5- kurokage tini 70g xflex
Taylormade r9- 3 wood- stock stiff flex.70 gram speeder
MP-54 ctaper s120 hard stepped.. Mizuno MP-68 3-p dg s400
Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 52, 56, 60 DGs400
Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
Ping Hoofer Leaderboard Lime
WITB Link

Comments

• pkwilli1999pkwilli1999 Man in training Members  522WRX Points: 0Posts: 522
    Great Bag!

Almost shed a tear when I read about the 60* image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

PK
    Posted:
    Taylormade R1 10.5
    Callaway X Tour 13*
    3- Adams A4R 19* Taylormade R7 TP 4-P
    Ping 52*, Cleveland CG14 56*
    Piretti Potenza II named Lily
    Cleveland 588 Forged 60*
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members  6528WRX Points: 616Handicap: XX.7Posts: 6,528 Titanium Tees
    Sorry for your loss....nice set up really nice pics. Good luck.
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • Mkoz14Mkoz14 Members  386WRX Points: 50Posts: 386 Greens
    Nice bag! welcome to the forum!
    Posted:
    TS3 8.5 - evenflow white 6.5 
    915F 15 - Rogue x
    Titleist 915hd 3 graphite designs AD- DI 85h s
    712U 4i DG tour x100
    718 ap2 5-PW DG tour x100
    SM7 52F 56S 60M DG tour s400
    Scotty Cameron newport 2016 34
  • clesportsclesports Slow Down Banned  120WRX Points: 0Posts: 120
    solid bag. do you have trouble with the Mizzy blades?
    Posted:
  • ewillewill SoClass!k Members  154WRX Points: 0Handicap: 1.9Posts: 154
    clesports wrote:

negative I'm all square. im an awesome ball striker, and rarely play a straight ball flight/ not that i cant work the ball with more forgiving clubs, it gets the creative juices flowing. i see that most on the site judge whether someone should play blades based on their handicap and average score. typical round i shoot 73-82 on bad days. current handicap is a 4.8.

ir really boils down to looks and i love the way blades look, and the 68s feel soooooo pure better than any other irons i have hit in a while. i could probably shoot under par if i could get my driver all squared away.
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7746WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,746 Titanium Tees
    Looking good! You bring your clubs to work and put them at your desk? That's kick a$$.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link

Advertisement
  • llamontllamont Members  1912WRX Points: 162Posts: 1,912 Platinum Tees
    Awesome [email protected]! Mizuno makes some of the best clubs, IMO. DId you tip the beverage attendant after she destroyed your club? Where do you usually play? Welcome to the site.
    Posted:
    I love golf
    llamont wrote:

Awesome [email protected]! Mizuno makes some of the best clubs, IMO. DId you tip the beverage attendant after she destroyed your club? Where do you usually play? Welcome to the site.

Tip.watch the road important shiny objects may be near. Fortunately for her i wasnt paying, but can i really blame her, maybe i should have put the club away :shruggs shoulders: subsequentley she took me out for drinks.. let the good times roll!
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
    decided to take the leap with the SLDR 10.5 white. ditched the stock shaft and put my KuroKage x stiff shaft right back on it...no need to change the adapter on my shaft it fits right into the SLDR from the R1. ..

will probably take both heads down to Dicks and use their LM to see my specs.
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
  • Ayoung19Ayoung19 Members  1644WRX Points: 25Handicap: +0.3Posts: 1,644 Platinum Tees
    Nice looking bag, I like the look of those irons. Be sure to post an update once you test the SLDR, I've been thinking of picking one up as well.
    Posted:
    TM M1 460 Fujikura Pro 73X
    TM M2 3 wood Fujikura Pro 73X
    TM UDI 2 iron UST TSPX 85X
    Adams A12 Pro Hybrid Matrix Ozik 100X
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-9 Nippon Modus 105S
    Titleist SM6 46F 52F 56M 60M
    TM Tour Spider Red
    Went out and played a round yesterday with the sldr. Current setup with the Sldr is working out well. I have the loft set to 10.5 and neutral with the weight. With my r1 the average drive in total was about 28* like a bullet not much lift off. With the sldr my average drive was 29* some got to 3** but most were 29*. The sldr launches it much higher than my r1 even with the kuro kage shaft but its not a bad thing as when it hits the ground takes a good bounce and rolls from what I saw yesterday.

think I'm going to try my old r1 shaft and see what happens. The sldr shaft didn't seem to like my swing, looking at how the ball reacted.

Not saying it's the best driver but it did show gains in distance. The muted sound is different than my r1 so its difficult to tell at first when you're killing it or a misshit. Found myself looking at the club face a ton to see where contact was because of the sound.

Still need to hit the launch monitor to get some specifics between the two and find out of I should use the kuro kage tini or invest in a new shaft for this head for optimization.. But whose got money to spend like that lol
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link

Advertisement
    So i got my Ping Hoofer II 2014 in the mail loaded it up... here are some shots. It has less pockets than the nike and less ports atop (nike 8, ping 5) but the opening is larger (ping). the bags are nearly identical in height. the ping seems to weigh less, especially when loaded up fully and walking with it, i only carry 13 clubs..

both bags are quality and worthy of praise. i have no regrets about the hoofer. it is simple and to the point. in regard to the color.. they are my favorite colors so it works. Leaderboard Lime, charcoal grey, and black.. cant think of a better combination.

will post a few more picks of everything tomorrow morning when i go out to play the back 9. Sunrise session as i call it.

oh and dont mind my daughter shes just doing what she does best...
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
  • llamontllamont Members  1912WRX Points: 162Posts: 1,912 Platinum Tees
    Where's your daughter's set?
    Posted:
    I love golf
  • TrillTrill Members  52WRX Points: 0Posts: 52
    Nice looking bag Will. My friend recently acquired the same Ping bag and loves it. Those Mizzy's look fresh as well.
    Posted:
    Trill wrote:

Nice looking bag Will. My friend recently acquired the same Ping bag and loves it. Those Mizzy's look fresh as well.

llamont wrote:

Where's your daughter's set?

thanks for the Like

Im too in love with this new ping bag. only downfall is that it doesnt stand up straight on its own too well.. but who cares the color scheem is awesome. here are some more pics.

oh and some pics of baby's first set and now her toddler set image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members  5838WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Posts: 5,838 Titanium Tees
    Love the Nike Tartan bag. Blades look sweet.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

TM TP5 Pix

Advertisement
  • DBL7DBL7 Members  44WRX Points: 0Posts: 44
    Sweet bag man ! Love the 68's.

Go low!!
    Posted:
    Callaway X Hot Pro 8.5*
    Callaway Xr Pro 14*
    Callaway Razr Muscleback 2-PW
    Callaway X Forged 52* 58*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Select
  • RPVLRPVL Members  1060WRX Points: 35Posts: 1,060 Platinum Tees
    Great looking bag en clubs. Looks very playable. image/superman2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman2:' />
    Posted:
    Epic 9.0° Rogue x
    Optiforce 15° Rogue x
    X Forged UT 3 KBS
    Apex Pro 4-PW KBS
    Mack Daddy 2 52°, 56°, 60°
    Odyssey ProType #3.1 mod
    WITB Link
  • TigermacTigermac Members  10WRX Points: 20Posts: 10 Bunkers
    How do you like your SM5 wedges...I have the same setup. I'm still deciding between the SM5 or Mizuno MP T-4.
    Posted:
    Tigermac wrote:

How do you like your SM5 wedges...I have the same setup. I'm still deciding between the SM5 or Mizuno MP T-4.

i like the sm5's. I came from cleveland rtx wedges to the SM5's they seem to fit better with my height 5'9. the spin great for me and my swing. the SM5's seem to grip better than my old clevelands. i have played my cousins t4 wedges for a week down in texas. the Weight of the t4 makes contact easily IMO, you dont have to swing much at all. but the spin seemed as if you had to work at it a bit and get familiar whereas the sm5s so long as you make clean contact you can begin to gauge what needs to be done to get the zip you want... but that may have been the conditions. super firm greens in texas run out a bit. even with picture perfect contact.
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX  15946WRX Points: 1,248Posts: 15,946 ClubWRX
    clesports wrote:

do you have trouble with the Mizzy blades?
    He's rockin a 4.8, lol.

I doubt it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I haven't met to many Mizzy Bladesters who couldn't hit em.

Bein a poseur only goes so far, lol.

I'm being light hearted Cle image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Have a nice week!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard
    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Advertisement
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX  15946WRX Points: 1,248Posts: 15,946 ClubWRX
    I love the bag Will!!

Great sticks!

Obviously, ya know my predilection towards Mizzy, and I love the Bruin cover & fill however I really like that TR 5 putter!!

Old school, ya can't beat it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks for inviting me over, you've got a beautiful set-up!!

LMAO, we also play the same ball.

You can't beat the Stones-S!!

Adorable little One image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Have a great season Bro, and I look forward to seeing you around the board!!

All The Best My Friend,

Richard
    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • EbenSalgado24EbenSalgado24 Members  571WRX Points: 47Handicap: 8Posts: 571 Golden Tee
    Great sticks, always loved the look of the white SLDR.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2 10.5 / GD AD-DI 7S
    Titleist 915F 15 / GD AD-DI 7S
    Mizuno JPX-850 2H / Motore Speeder 8.2S
    Mizuno MP-54 / KBS Tour 120S
    Vokey 50, 55, 60 / DG ONYX Tour Issue
    Scotty Cameron Squareback 33"
    Currently grinding between these three models of golf balls to find which is best, I do not see a clear winner in any of them yet. I have been using the Nike RZN black and the Bridgestone b330s as well as the b330 black. Recently out of interest, I grabbed a pair of Taylormade tour preferred.

Nike RZN Black: ball cuts through wind. Can be worked with no problem and have no problem spinning it to check up with the wedges on full shots

Bridgestone B330s: ball cuts through wind. Easily workable from left to right, easily able to spin both of full and incremental chips and pitch shots.

Taylormade TP: the tour preferred ball. cuts through the wind doesn’t balloon but may not carry as far in it as the others above, easy to work directionally, great with full or partial shots in regard to spin.

The Taylormade is comparable to the Titleist ProV1 I would say. Although it is comparable, I do believe that it is a better ball. It feels softer than the prov1 and seems to hold its line better in wind over the prov1. With the Taylormade TP, I am able to spin this ball 6-10 feet on these California greens with no problem as I can with virtually any premium ball these days. The Nike RZN black does not spin as much as the others in this semi-review on short chips ... the Bridgestone b330s are comparable in spin as well as the Platinum RZN. In regard to distance it may just be me but it seems like the Taylormade carries a bit shorter but runs longer, whereas the Bridgestone carries further short run out... of course the Nike RZN black carries much further than both it’s a distance ball not a spin ball. Therefore, it is not apples to apples.

What are your experiences with any of the above listed balls? Even bring in conversation about most beloved Titleist ball that is standing on historic background... I am not finding that the Titleist is the superior ball anymore I have played Titleist mostly but jumped to the Bridgestone’s which are awesome but after using the new Nike RZN and the Taylormade the covers of these two balls are softer than the Bridgestone for sure… I have to figure this out!
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
  • ChrisBURR69ChrisBURR69 Members  274WRX Points: 0Posts: 274
    ewill wrote:

Went out and played a round yesterday with the sldr. Current setup with the Sldr is working out well. I have the loft set to 10.5 and neutral with the weight. With my r1 the average drive in total was about 28* like a bullet not much lift off. With the sldr my average drive was 29* some got to 3** but most were 29*. The sldr launches it much higher than my r1 even with the kuro kage shaft but its not a bad thing as when it hits the ground takes a good bounce and rolls from what I saw yesterday.

think I'm going to try my old r1 shaft and see what happens. The sldr shaft didn't seem to like my swing, looking at how the ball reacted.

Not saying it's the best driver but it did show gains in distance. The muted sound is different than my r1 so its difficult to tell at first when you're killing it or a misshit. Found myself looking at the club face a ton to see where contact was because of the sound.

Still need to hit the launch monitor to get some specifics between the two and find out of I should use the kuro kage tini or invest in a new shaft for this head for optimization.. But whose got money to spend like that lol

Very cool review. I have an R1 and put it to the test with the sldr as well. I tested it with my Tour Ad Di7s and I was hitting my R1 farther than the sldr. Even with the Tour ad, the sldr didnt feel much different than its stock shaft IMO so I stuck with my R1
    Posted:
    Nike Vapor Pro 9.5 Tour ADDI 70S
    Taylormade Stage 2 Tour ADDI 80X
    Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW S300
    Nike VR pro 54 + 60
    Scotty Cameron Oil can santa fe
  • Mr_RogersMr_Rogers Members  119WRX Points: 0Posts: 119
    That is a nice setup. Love the new Ping bag, also really like the paint fill on the Mizzys!
    Posted:
    Ping i25 10.0 PWR65 S
    Titleist 980F 15.0 Speeder S
    Titleist 910F 19.0 Diamana Kai'li 75
    Nike CF 2.0 4-AW PXi 6.0
    SM4 56
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    WITB Link

Advertisement
    Mr_Rogers wrote:

That is a nice setup. Love the new Ping bag, also really like the paint fill on the Mizzys!

Thanks. Been doing line green and black as my favorite color way since 2001 before the neon craze took over the world
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link
  • ccorradaccorrada Double C Richmond, VAMembers  1512WRX Points: 124Handicap: 2Posts: 1,512 Platinum Tees
    Solid setup
    Posted:
    Cally Rogue Sub Zero w/Evenflow 6.5
    Cally DET 15* w/Motore F3 80X 
    Ping G410 19* Hybrid w/Ping Tour 85X
    Cally Apex Forged 4-PW w/TIS400 
    Ping Glide Stealth 50-54-58 w/S400
    Ping Arna Stealth 
    New additions.

Mizuno MP-54 with ctaper stiff shafts hard tipped. golfpride MC grips

Adams 20 degree hybrid from back in 20010 i beleive. Got it for less than 20 bucks. needed something to fill in the game between 4i and 3 wood to reach shorter par 5's in 2.
    Posted:
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • mhendonmhendon Members  36WRX Points: 0Posts: 36
    ewill wrote:

clesports wrote:

negative I'm all square. im an awesome ball striker, and rarely play a straight ball flight/ not that i cant work the ball with more forgiving clubs, it gets the creative juices flowing. i see that most on the site judge whether someone should play blades based on their handicap and average score. typical round i shoot 73-82 on bad days. current handicap is a 4.8.

ir really boils down to looks and i love the way blades look, and the 68s feel soooooo pure better than any other irons i have hit in a while. i could probably shoot under par if i could get my driver all squared away.
    A young brotha that plays golf, you're alright with me dude (oops the white just came out, lol) anyway nice bag I could game that one myself. I've been playing Mizuno MP33's since 2001. If you can find the sweet spot rutinely can't beat them.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.