What are the best ways to store a golf bag full of clubs into a car's trunk?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a choice, don't. The epoxy can loosen with too much exposure to heat. But if you have to on short trips home or stops after the course, I wrap a towel around and in between the irons to limit chatter.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Open trunk. Move the three other golf bags around so you can fit said golf bag in. Put golf bag in. Close trunk while making sure the hinges to not make contact with the clubs.

Done.

Titleist TSR4 10* GD DI 6s 

Titleist TSR3 16.5* GD DI

Titleist TSI3 20* Tensei White

Mizuno Pro 221 PX LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM8 46*
Titleist Vokey SM9 50/54/58 S400 TI S400

Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6

Bridgestone BXS/Titleist Prov1X -

Use head covers on all clubs...And, Good Luck.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='harold baines' timestamp='1407255001' post='9862467']
could anyone advise me of the best way to get into my drivers seat of my car, I've been standing next to my car for the last half hour and I can't piece it together?

and in addition, I've been trying to find some of the best ways to store gasoline in my gas tank, could anyone help with that?
[/quote]
Initially I was gonna say something about the topic but I knew it would happen before ten responses.

Not sure what the OP means, but I would suggest not keeping them in your trunk. Heat can damage the epoxy and they can get stolen. I had my car broken into in highschool and my bag stolen. If you play all the time and do keep them in the trunk, make sure your auto insurance will cover the theft IN FULL!

[quote name='SuperTwi' timestamp='1407255320' post='9862503']
could anyone advise me of the best way to get into my drivers seat of my car, I've been standing next to my car for the last half hour and I can't piece it together?

and in addition, I've been trying to find some of the best ways to store gasoline in my gas tank, could anyone help with that?
[/quote]
Initially I was gonna say something about the topic but I knew it would happen before ten responses.
[/quote]

LOL

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1407252551' post='9862153']
If you have a choice, don't. The epoxy can loosen with too much exposure to heat. But if you have to on short trips home or stops after the course, I wrap a towel around and in between the irons to limit chatter.
[/quote]

I've never believed this, nor does my fitter. At one point, I don't think my clubs left my car for 3 years. Exposed to all sorts of different weather temps, nothing happened. I still have no issue with leaving them in there. The trunk isn't going to get to like 200*.

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

[quote name='setter02' timestamp='1407256737' post='9862705']
[/quote]

I've never believed this, nor does my fitter. At one point, I don't think my clubs left my car for 3 years. Exposed to all sorts of different weather temps, nothing happened. I still have no issue with leaving them in there. The trunk isn't going to get to like 200*.
[/quote]

same here, I've left clubs in the trunk for years and never had an issue

the only issue is with the clubs in the trunk there's not that much room left for other things

[quote name='harold baines' timestamp='1407256963' post='9862747']
[quote name='setter02' timestamp='1407256737' post='9862705']
[/quote]

[/quote]

same here, I've left clubs in the trunk for years and never had an issue

the only issue is with the clubs in the trunk there's not that much room left for other things
[/quote]

I third this. My clubs never leave the trunk except when I am using them, or when I bring them in the house to clean them. And I live in inland SoCal where it is hot. I have never had an issue with epoxy loosening/softening.

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

My clubs go in trunk in April, come out in November, for the last 30 years.

No issues with epoxy lossening. I've read 250-350 degrees before it will lossen.

Urban legend?

I think so.

Mizuno ST-Max 10.5 Smoke RDX 50 5.5, AI Smoke 10.5 with HZRDOUS RDX RED 50 5.5

Mizuno ST-MaX 5 stock Kail'l R

Mizuno ST-Max 7 stock Kail'l R

AI Smoke HL 7-AW Nippon Neo 85

AI Smoke 7/8 Hybrid HZRDOUS Siver 65 Gen 4 5.5

Cleveland Full Face 52

Cleveland Full Face 56

Odyssey Jailbird 380

Titelist prov1x/Callaway Chrome Soft

[/quote]

in 30 years in the deep Deep South, I have never experienced this. Have heard it but, much like PepperTurbo, it is a myth til I see it with my own eyes.

When I was playing a lot (and working at golf courses) I would keep them in the trunk at all times unless I brought them inside to clean them. I lived in Florida for a couple years too and never had an issue with epoxy loosening. The bad thing about bringing them inside during humid Florida summers is that the grips go from cold to hot so quickly they get slick so it takes a little while for them to dry. I always bring mine inside now because I have a newborn daughter and bringing her anywhere is a production and need the trunk space in my Focus lol

Instagram account

Titleist TSi4 8.25* / Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7-X
TaylorMade Aero Burner TP 15° / Matrix White Tie 70-X
Taylormade SIM UDI 2i / Diamana THUMP 100X

Taylormade P770 3i (at 22°) / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MC 5-7, P7MB 8, 9 / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MB P / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 50° (at 52°) / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 TW 56° and 60° / DG S400

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH 34"

Oh and bag chatter is a beautiful thing...

Instagram account

Titleist TSi4 8.25* / Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7-X
TaylorMade Aero Burner TP 15° / Matrix White Tie 70-X
Taylormade SIM UDI 2i / Diamana THUMP 100X

Taylormade P770 3i (at 22°) / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MC 5-7, P7MB 8, 9 / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MB P / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 50° (at 52°) / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 TW 56° and 60° / DG S400

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH 34"

I have a Callaway bag that came with a hood. The hood can be taken off if I like, but I just unzip it and fold it down, easily and convenient. I also have head covers for all my clubs, irons included, and only take them off when I want to hit the ball with a particular club. Some might say this is a pita, but it isn't. When I zip up the hood, with all the covers on the clubs, all the clubs are snug and the hood keeps them inside and in place. I don't worry about them in the trunk with this procedure.

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/OGIO-HOODE-Auto-Close-Golf-Bag-Rain-Hood-System-/201142600201?pt=US_Golf_Bags&hash=item2ed5088209"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/OGIO-HOODE-Auto-Close-Golf-Bag-Rain-Hood-System-/201142600201?pt=US_Golf_Bags&hash=item2ed5088209[/url]

Some of the replies are witty. I won't even embarrass myself by trying to top the can't get into the driver's seat response.

I will share what I do. I have a Jeep Sahara that I keep my bag in all the time. I have to remove the woods in order for the bag to lay down flat. I have a duffle bag that I store my shoes, balls, tees, etc. etc.. The problem I have is removing all the dirt and grass clippings from my shoes when I go to store them. Over a short period of time, they will dirty up your trunk. I keep a small brush with me to clean the shoes before putting away.

Don't forget your bug spray and sun tan lotion.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1407271254' post='9864655']
Some of the replies are witty. I won't even embarrass myself by trying to top the can't get into the driver's seat response.

I will share what I do. I have a Jeep Sahara that I keep my bag in all the time. I have to remove the woods in order for the bag to lay down flat. I have a duffle bag that I store my shoes, balls, tees, etc. etc.. The problem I have is removing all the dirt and grass clippings from my shoes when I go to store them. Over a short period of time, they will dirty up your trunk. I keep a small brush with me to clean the shoes before putting away.

[/quote]I wear footjoy contours, they don't hold grass on the bottom. I haven't slipped with them yet.

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1407279506' post='9865601']
[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1407271254' post='9864655']

[/quote]I wear footjoy contours, they don't hold grass on the bottom. I haven't slipped with them yet.
[/quote]

I agree with the FootJoy Contours. I keep a, hard nylon bristle BBQ grill, cleaning brush in the trunk, just in case.

Back on topic: What I was told is, if I keep my clubs in the trunk overnight, I risk having rust forming inside the metal shafts, b/c of the night time humidity. Which would then weaken them, and ultimately break. I am North East of the 49th (Quebec)

[/quote]

Reminds me of the woman who came in my office and said she couldn't open her car door as the battery in the fob opener had died. She was serious. I said let me try. We walked out, I stuck the key in the lock, turned it and viola, the door opened.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1407348571' post='9872205']

[/quote]

Reminds me of the woman who came in my office and said she couldn't open her car door as the battery in the fob opener had died. She was serious. I said let me try. We walked out, I stuck the key in the lock, turned it and viola, the door opened. [color=#0000FF](Exposing a roomy back seat)[/color]
[/quote]

She was looking for a battery charge, and you didn't oblige? :-)

Reminds me of the woman who came in my office and said she couldn't open her car door as the battery in the fob opener had died. She was serious. I said let me try. We walked out, I stuck the key in the lock, turned it and viola, the door opened. (Exposing a roomy back seat)

When you have this beauty at home, who would even think about messing around?

dhkVANC.jpg

[quote name='IheartNY' timestamp='1407251534' post='9861989']
What are the best ways to store a golf bag full of clubs into a car's trunk?
[/quote]

Make sure you put everything in the trunk and you haven't left anything out.

Would you like some advice about what to do if you lock yourself in your car too?

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

Reminds me of the woman who came in my office and said she couldn't open her car door as the battery in the fob opener had died. She was serious. I said let me try. We walked out, I stuck the key in the lock, turned it and viola, the door opened. (Exposing a roomy back seat)

When you have this beauty at home, who would even think about messing around?

dhkVANC.jpg

:swoon2: :tomato: :rofl:

Well played, sir. Well played!

[quote name='setter02' timestamp='1407252353' post='9862125']
Open trunk, place clubs into trunk, close trunk.
[/quote]

^^^ This way, unless you've figured out how to avoid opening the trunk of course.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki Tour 73g Stiff
TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
Callaway PM 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.