Forget White Belts.. Lets Talk Needlpoint!

13»

Comments

• mmckee02mmckee02 Members Posts: 291 ✭✭
    For those needlepoint fans, check out @pantloopparty on Instagram. Lots of cool pics and submissions.

MM
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    mmckee02 wrote:

For those needlepoint fans, check out @pantloopparty on Instagram. Lots of cool pics and submissions.

MM

Love their posts! I've got about 5 smathers and branson belts that I've gotten as gifts or for silly sale prices. Their quality is fantastic and love the styles they make. Just wish they would make a few with black leather instead of brown. I wanted a blackhawks one but with the brown leather on it, it just looks odd.
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
    pierso2 wrote:

mmckee02 wrote:

MM

Love their posts! I've got about 5 smathers and branson belts that I've gotten as gifts or for silly sale prices. Their quality is fantastic and love the styles they make. Just wish they would make a few with black leather instead of brown. I wanted a blackhawks one but with the brown leather on it, it just looks odd.

Interesting thought, as there certainly are some belts that would look better with black leather!
  • Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    BTW if you think smathers is expensive my mom is an avid needle pointer & she sees the prices off smathers and said she can’t even buy the canvas for those prices , let alone the thread & finished product .
  • Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
  • gomuskies09gomuskies09 Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but check out Reel Point.

http://www.reel-point.com/

I got one of their belts as a tee gift once and it’s nice. Designs aren’t as elaborate as Smathers and Branson but they do have an option where you can design your own by picking belt color and a logo/design. And at $84 a bit easier on the wallet than S&B.

I can not compare the two since I don’t have an S&B but like the one I have. Looking at ordering a khaki belt with the 19th Hole flag soon.
  • Hilltopper413Hilltopper413 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    What exactly is wrong with being a “frat boy” or being preppy? I’ve missed where those things have become points to ridicule others. The preppy style is made up of classic clothes that have been worn for generations. Why is that something that offends people? I’ve seen several posts making reference to these looks and was just curious as to why. It is my opinion that a pair of chino shorts, a needlepoint, and a fresh white polo is a much better look than the multicolored, typically oversized looks coming from the “athletic” brands that quite a few people are wearing today.
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭

What exactly is wrong with being a "frat boy" or being preppy? I've missed where those things have become points to ridicule others. The preppy style is made up of classic clothes that have been worn for generations. Why is that something that offends people? I've seen several posts making reference to these looks and was just curious as to why. It is my opinion that a pair of chino shorts, a needlepoint, and a fresh white polo is a much better look than the multicolored, typically oversized looks coming from the "athletic" brands that quite a few people are wearing today.

People get offended by a lot of things these days.

If a 20 HI wants to play MB's, so what? If a guy wants to put head covers on his irons, so what? If an older, over weight fellow wants to wear a white belt, who cares?

Yeah, I don't get why some folks get their panties in a bunch over how someone else enjoys the game of golf.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • daniel32293daniel32293 Members Posts: 480 ✭✭
    looks like needlegolf will have a lot of cool stuff
    Taylormade M3 8.5*- Graphite Design AD-BB 6x
    Taylormade M3 15* - Graphite Design AD-DI 7x
    Callaway Epic 20* - Fujikura Tour Atmos 9x
    Taylormade 790 2i - GD AD DI 95x
    Taylormade 790 4i - DG TI x100
    Srixon 765 5-7i - DG TI x100.
    Srixon 965 8-P - DG TI x100
    Titleist SM6 50 & 55 - DG TI x100
    Taylormade HiToe 60 - DG TI x100
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport - 35"
  • MDG5161MDG5161 Members Posts: 5
    Can anyone explain what they wear with these belts?

I tried a striped shirt and a canvas belt, looked terrible. Do you have to wear solid shirt/short with these? Or will you wear the belt with a patterned shirt?
  • daniel32293daniel32293 Members Posts: 480 ✭✭
    chino shorts are really the key... tech shorts will look awful
    Taylormade M3 8.5*- Graphite Design AD-BB 6x
    Taylormade M3 15* - Graphite Design AD-DI 7x
    Callaway Epic 20* - Fujikura Tour Atmos 9x
    Taylormade 790 2i - GD AD DI 95x
    Taylormade 790 4i - DG TI x100
    Srixon 765 5-7i - DG TI x100.
    Srixon 965 8-P - DG TI x100
    Titleist SM6 50 & 55 - DG TI x100
    Taylormade HiToe 60 - DG TI x100
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport - 35"
  • Hilltopper413Hilltopper413 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    MDG5161 wrote:

I tried a striped shirt and a canvas belt, looked terrible. Do you have to wear solid shirt/short with these? Or will you wear the belt with a patterned shirt?

Definitely chino shorts. Solid shirts are great, but patterned shirts will work fine as long as it is a small pattern. Anything with think lines or big stripes would look off. I think lighter colors look best too.
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    MDG5161 wrote:

Depends on the pattern of the belt. Most often, a solid shirt and always a solid short/pant. Shoes are tricky though. Usually go with saddle shoes or all white more traditional look than a new nike or something like that.
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
    If wearing a needlepoint belt, most wear traditional looking shoes like Icons, Classics, etc.
  • mp29mp29 Members Posts: 394 ✭✭
    Looked like Sergio was wearing a needlepoint belt in Mexico today.
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,348 ✭✭
    I'm sorry but this stuff is awful imo...$165 for something that my great grandmother might make? And brown leather on a golf course? And you have to wear chinos to match them?

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,755 ✭✭
    1puttTUT wrote:

I'm sorry but this stuff is awful imo...$165 for something that my great grandmother might make? And brown leather on a golf course? And you have to wear chinos to match them?

��������������������������������

1. Don't be sorry. You're entitled to your taste.

2. Apparently these things are very costly to make, as some people's grandmothers here have made them and can attest to the expense.

3. Yeah, the brown leather/brass buckle doesn't work for me on the course at all. Off the course, in some (not all) circumstances, no problem.

4. The natural fiber belts don't look particularly good to many with synthetic shorts. That's the point being made there.
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,348 ✭✭
    KMeloney wrote:

1puttTUT wrote:

��������������������������������

1. Don't be sorry. You're entitled to your taste.

2. Apparently these things are very costly to make, as some people's grandmothers here have made them and can attest to the expense.

3. Yeah, the brown leather/brass buckle doesn't work for me on the course at all. Off the course, in some (not all) circumstances, no problem.

4. The natural fiber belts don't look particularly good to many with synthetic shorts. That's the point being made there.

You can't argue taste!
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck