(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

Comments

• Imhappyinthe80sImhappyinthe80s Members Posts: 441 ✭✭
    City supporter, rewatched city liverpool game last night. Not just because City won but what a masterpiece. A treat to watch the players and coaches giving everything. Seeing the emotions of Van Djik, Kun could barely jog at the end. They all gave everything.
    Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
    Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
    Ping Glide 50 SS
    Cleveland CG16 , 56
    Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter
  • scruffynickscruffynick Members Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    Texas1 wrote:

Only care about the league, that’s all I want. Going to be squeaky bum time as we have 3 out of 4 CB’s out

All good fun, what will be will be

Amount of pool fans at work that's said that today...... But in fairness its the title they all badly want. So long without it and its close, so close
  • Texas1Texas1 Members Posts: 322 ✭✭

Texas1 wrote:

Only care about the league, that’s all I want. Going to be squeaky bum time as we have 3 out of 4 CB’s out

Amount of pool fans at work that's said that today...... But in fairness its the title they all badly want. So long without it and its close, so close

You know, we’ve always been s*** in the FA cup, strange really, even in the 20th century lol

I remember jimmy greenoff scoring to make it 2-1, hated the comp ever since, **** 😂
    Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
  • KevinxKevinx Members Posts: 115 ✭✭
    City supporter, rewatched city liverpool game last night. Not just because City won but what a masterpiece. A treat to watch the players and coaches giving everything. Seeing the emotions of Van Djik, Kun could barely jog at the end. They all gave everything.

Masterpiece? Kompany should of got strait red for leaving his feet on the tackle of Salah. Only got yellow cause Salah jumped. Not saying Liverpool would of won but those things change the game.
    Kevinx wrote:

Masterpiece? Kompany should of got strait red for leaving his feet on the tackle of Salah. Only got yellow cause Salah jumped. Not saying Liverpool would of won but those things change the game.

Swings and roundabouts.... Mane should have seen red against arsenal at 0-0. Should have been red but ref bottled it, but pool have had some decisions go badly their way so far this season
    Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

You know, we’ve always been s*** in the FA cup, strange really, even in the 20th century lol

I remember jimmy greenoff scoring to make it 2-1, hated the comp ever since, **** 😂

Mark Hughes at maine Rd was better.... Great night that was
    I’ll take another 15 1-0’s 😂

Not bad considering defensive injuries. Win one game at a time. Make the rest play catch up
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
  • aiyyeraiyyer Members Posts: 1,468 ✭✭
    Chelsea is not convincing this year
  • cbrwn425cbrwn425 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    Great to get the result on Sunday. De Gea was unreal with some of the saves he was making.
    edited Jan 15, 2019 2:03pm #881
    cbrwn425 wrote:

Great to get the result on Sunday. De Gea was unreal with some of the saves he was making.

Loris weren't bad either, United should have been at least 2 up before the last 30 minute onslaught... Great win thou. When united lost the scousers they were 12 points behind arsenal.... Roll on 5 weeks and they're level. Bonkers!
  • cbrwn425cbrwn425 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭

cbrwn425 wrote:

Loris weren't bad either, United should have been at least 2 up before the last 30 minute onslaught... Great win thou. When united lost the scousers they were 12 points behind arsenal.... Roll on 5 weeks and they're level. Bonkers!

Spurs played great in the second half and on a different day probably would have gotten the win with all the chances they had but thankfully that wasn't the case.

It's great to see us level on Arsenal now and with them playing Chelsea on Saturday I think they will drop points allowing us to overtake them in the table.Then Spurs will probably struggle with Kane out injured and Son on international duty. With our current form I can see us making a good run at the top 4.
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,063 ✭✭
    Bielsa’s press conference today is an early contender for funniest moment of the year. After Lampard acused him of spying he just gave a 70minute lecture on Derby tactics, basically providing all other teams with key tactical informations.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
    Have to say that Ole is doing a good job. Goes to show you how much of a **** Jose is
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
  • Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Leeds United looking good to make a return to the Premier League. On top of the Championship. Keep it up fellas!!
    Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 12.5 degree, Aldila Tour ATX-75 in x-flex
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Bobby Grace 18 Blade putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1

Leeds United looking good to make a return to the Premier League. On top of the Championship. Keep it up fellas!!

Premier league needs Leeds, massive club huge support... Miss the United Leeds games, always brilliant atmospheres
  • HaleboppHalebopp Members Posts: 2,786 ✭✭
    edited Jan 27, 2019 4:11pm #887
    It'll be interesting to see whether or not Leeds is penalized in the spying case.

Karanka's firing/resignation didn't really surprise me but it's a shame it happened. Hopefully O'Neill will have a longer tenure than Karanka had, we definitely need some stability in the club. If only Billy Davies hadn't had his own issues to deal with, he was good.
    Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
    MP-650, 9.5º / 917 F2, 16.5º / MP-H5, 21º / MP-4, 4-PW / MP-T5 50.07 / FG Tour PMP: 55.12, 59.10 / Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4
    WITB Link
    Looks like a sniper is in the stands at Old Trafford

Let’s see if the press go after an Englishman 😉
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Texas1 wrote:

Still we scored twice, I stayed.... Amazing how many came back in after the pen. And seriously, after salahs diving this season and it was a pen, soft but you can't pull someone back

Texas1 wrote:

Still we scored twice, I stayed.... Amazing how many came back in after the pen. And seriously, after salahs diving this season and it was a pen, soft but you can't pull someone back

The one against Newcastle was the same. Pulled back as he went to shoot. He got crucified for it. Massive difference between English darlings and the rest. Harry Kane has dived a few times, brushed over, same with Lingard

Both were soft, but both pens, massive difference in how they are reported.

Salah gets kicked left right and center all over the park. I think this season is the first in 18months where we have been awarded a pen. He goes to ground easily, but none are dives, all contact. Exaggerated yes, but still contact

As you said previously- it’s the modern game

Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

The one against Newcastle was the same. Pulled back as he went to shoot. He got crucified for it. Massive difference between English darlings and the rest. Harry Kane has dived a few times, brushed over, same with Lingard

Both were soft, but both pens, massive difference in how they are reported.

Salah gets kicked left right and center all over the park. I think this season is the first in 18months where we have been awarded a pen. He goes to ground easily, but none are dives, all contact. Exaggerated yes, but still contact

As you said previously- it’s the modern game

Same happened to ronadlo for years but not much sympathy.....sorry I've got no sympathy whatsoever. And now it's squeaky bum time. Go to the wire this title
    5 points clear, far from over. Will go all the way

Ref was s*** tonight. 2 shocking decisions but can’t complain, still top of the league

Ours to lose and I think city will come on strong

Our midfield is the weakest link
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Texas1 wrote:

Ref was s*** tonight. 2 shocking decisions but can’t complain, still top of the league

Aye, was a pen and I've seen red cards for that.... He just booted too far. Another 5 yards closer he was off. At least you're not battling this friggin snow... Hate the stuff
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,714 ✭✭
    Spurs riddled with injuries and we aren't going to sign anyone, so surprised...
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)

Texas1 wrote:

Aye, was a pen and I've seen red cards for that.... He just booted too far. Another 5 yards closer he was off. At least you're not battling this friggin snow... Hate the stuff

Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend so playing both days. Takes my mind off squinting through my fingers raging at the tv 😂
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend so playing both days. Takes my mind off squinting through my fingers raging at the tv 😂

Just on a brew... It's snowing and minus something! Plus I'm in platt Bridge which is dump of a place... Smack head city!

Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

Just on a brew... It's snowing and minus something! Plus I'm in platt Bridge which is dump of a place... Smack head city!

Thing is. I haven’t played much so my index is 7.4

Before the winter that was the worst in our group of 8

They have all been playing s***, putting in ridiculous scores and now I’m giving them all 2-3 shots

Hahaha fun times
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

They have all been playing s***, putting in ridiculous scores and now I’m giving them all 2-3 shots

Hahaha fun times

At least you're playing, rained Saturday got soaked n back 9, snowed off Wednesday and tomorrow is off. The uk just can't handle snow!
  • Imhappyinthe80sImhappyinthe80s Members Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Kun Aguero was unreal today. I think Arsenal have the right manager. They need to move a few guys out and spend wisely on a CB an RB
    Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
    Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
    Ping Glide 50 SS
    Cleveland CG16 , 56
    Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter
  • Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

Texas1 wrote:

Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend so playing both days. Takes my mind off squinting through my fingers raging at the tv �

Hahaha fun times

I feel you. Winter has kept me away for a bit. Great weather today and I thought I was gonna try to sneak in 9 before the Super Bowl.....wife slipped the poison pill in that idea.....although I suppose that’s better than the alternative.....if I’d have gone anyway, she might’ve slipped the poison pill in my coffee.
    Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 12.5 degree, Aldila Tour ATX-75 in x-flex
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Bobby Grace 18 Blade putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
    Half time and defence has gone to pot

Doing the normal Liverpool collapse but instead of novemember it’s now in February

We could turn this around but no one is stepping up, all looking around

Oh well fun while it lasted lol 😂
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60