Any '08 players on here commit yet?

Missinglink08 ·  
Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold  375WRX Points: 0Posts: 375
what's the news?
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you 2008 or younger have committed to play college golf anywhere? Or do you have a school that you are really looking to play at. I know its college recruiting time so i was wondering what's up with everyone.

Best of luck.
Posted:

Comments

• AngenendAngenend Warner University Golf Members  235WRX Points: 0Posts: 235
    Just got an offer to a small NAIA school down in south florida. It's my only option thus far, but I'm just not starting to play in my first IJGT, FCWT, and Florida Junior Tour tournaments...so we'll see what happens.

BTW, I'm '08
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • phsgolfguyphsgolfguy Members  174WRX Points: 55Posts: 174 Fairways
    michael, what year are you? have you received any offers yet?

i didn't know you were from Bradenton. maybe Trey Jones up here at FSU will give you a call soon! i was excited to hear Wesley Graham gave us a commitment. he seems like he'd be a great addition to the team
    Posted:
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold  375WRX Points: 0Posts: 375
    phsgolfguy wrote on Aug 5 2007, 11:54 AM:

i didn't know you were from Bradenton. maybe Trey Jones up here at FSU will give you a call soon! i was excited to hear Wesley Graham gave us a commitment. he seems like he'd be a great addition to the team

Thanks.... I am a '08 and yep i am from bradenton, but i just verbally committed to Coastal Carolina. Very excited to join a great team!
    Posted:
  • phsgolfguyphsgolfguy Members  174WRX Points: 55Posts: 174 Fairways
    Missinglink08 wrote on Aug 5 2007, 05:21 PM:
    phsgolfguy wrote on Aug 5 2007, 11:54 AM:

Thanks.... I am a '08 and yep i am from bradenton, but i just verbally committed to Coastal Carolina. Very excited to join a great team!

Wow, that's awesome, good luck at CC. I visited the campus while on a trip to myrtle beach a while ago and it's great, you're definitely gonna have a lot of fun. i'll be looking out for your stats come fall of next year.

on a side note, i'm very envious of you all who play at this kind of level. i was briefly in contact with the coach from appalachian state, but knew that i wasn't at that level and my love of golf was dwindling at that point from so much competitive play. it's not for everyone, that's for sure. taking over a year off was the best decision i made. and besides, i told myself if i didn't get to play for FSU, i wasn't going to play competitively after high school haha
    Posted:
  • handmadeaddictedhandmadeaddicted Members  1611WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,611
    I have commited to wesley college in Dover, DE for this coming season. I am very excited, and can't wait to get to play. My parents have Given me this increadible opportunity. I am hoping my maturity will help me out. ( I am 22) But I am a full time freshman. I will be in my first year of eligibility though.
    Posted:
  • chunkgolfer715chunkgolfer715 Members  16WRX Points: 0Posts: 16
    i committed to play at South Carolina
    Posted:

Advertisement
    chunkgolfer715 wrote on Aug 8 2007, 09:14 PM:

Congrats...
    Posted:
  • shootin4parshootin4par Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    I havent committed yet, but I think I'm going to play at Millikin University in IL. Can't wait!
    Posted:
  • gboldman23gboldman23 Jr. Boomers  1113WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,113
    shootin4par wrote on Aug 10 2007, 03:27 PM:
    I havent committed yet, but I think I'm going to play at Millikin University in IL. Can't wait!

Where are you from? Are you from central illinois or what?
    Posted:
  • WFUGolfer15WFUGolfer15 Jr. Boomers  148WRX Points: 0Posts: 148
    can you guys post some of your scores from this years competitive season??

thanks just for reference of where i need to be.
    Posted:
    no Im from st. louis....a kid that played on my high school team two years ago goes there and he loves it
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • thsgolfer61thsgolfer61 Members  81WRX Points: 55Posts: 81 Bunkers
    chunkgolfer715 wrote on Aug 8 2007, 08:14 PM:

Sam braver i want to be like you one day!!! haha

I have signed to play for Oklahoma state.

Drew
    Posted:
  • arrowcreek900arrowcreek900 Banned  170WRX Points: 0Posts: 170
    signed with UCLA
    Posted:
    arrowcreek900 wrote on Nov 21 2007, 09:42 PM:
    signed with UCLA

Who are you?
    Posted:
  • Charlie_FoxtrotCharlie_Foxtrot Members  2524WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,524
    Full list of verbal commitments to date:

http://www.golfweek.com/juniors/features/s...collegesignings
    Posted:
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    thsgolfer61 wrote on Nov 21 2007, 08:04 PM:
    signed with UCLA

Who are you?

from golfweek hes either

Beau SchoolCraft, Taylor Travis, Alex Shi Yup Kim, Mauricio Azcue, or Gregor Main as those are the 5 who have signed with UCLA

weird though because i took it that your name arrow creek meant the golf course in nevada, yet none of those 5 are from nevada

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a joke post, i read one of his other posts and it said hes 15 so im pretty sure he hasnt signed yet, but i think i have found my calling in life, Golfer by day, detective by night
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Advertisement
    beachgrovejunior wrote on Nov 22 2007, 01:03 AM:
    signed with UCLA

Who are you?

from golfweek hes either

Beau SchoolCraft, Taylor Travis, Alex Shi Yup Kim, Mauricio Azcue, or Gregor Main as those are the 5 who have signed with UCLA

weird though because i took it that your name arrow creek meant the golf course in nevada, yet none of those 5 are from nevada

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a joke post, i read one of his other posts and it said hes 15 so im pretty sure he hasnt signed yet, but i think i have found my calling in life, Golfer by day, detective by night

Yea i agree with you, i dont think he has signed yet either... Plus in his profile it says he was the 2007 AJGA Rolex player of the year which was definitely my future teammate peter.
    Posted:
  • Charlie_FoxtrotCharlie_Foxtrot Members  2524WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,524
    thsgolfer61 wrote on Nov 22 2007, 09:11 AM:
    beachgrovejunior wrote on Nov 22 2007, 01:03 AM:
    signed with UCLA

Who are you?

from golfweek hes either

Yea i agree with you, i dont think he has signed yet either... Plus in his profile it says he was the 2007 AJGA Rolex player of the year which was definitely my future teammate peter.

I am not a fan of those type of "jokes". image/nono.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad  1270WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,270 Platinum Tees
    look at our high profile junior members finally comin out of the woodwork....congrats boys... i played with mike this summer if i remember right he had just committed the night before... nothin was ruining his day on the course.
    Posted:
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • arrowcreek900arrowcreek900 Banned  170WRX Points: 0Posts: 170
    Charlie_Foxtrot wrote on Nov 22 2007, 12&#58;20 PM:
    thsgolfer61 wrote on Nov 22 2007, 09&#58;11 AM:
    beachgrovejunior wrote on Nov 22 2007, 01&#58;03 AM:
    thsgolfer61 wrote on Nov 21 2007, 08&#58;04 PM:
    arrowcreek900 wrote on Nov 21 2007, 09&#58;42 PM:
    signed with UCLA

Who are you?

from golfweek hes either

I am not a fan of those type of "jokes". image/nono.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

yes it was a joke. haha got some of you going image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> sorry for the sick humor
    Posted:
    Goose wrote on Nov 22 2007, 02&#58;49 PM:
    look at our high profile junior members finally comin out of the woodwork....congrats boys... i played with mike this summer if i remember right he had just committed the night before... nothin was ruining his day on the course.

Thanks Dan... haha yeah it was fun to play with you. Hopefully OSU is going well.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • chunkgolfer715chunkgolfer715 Members  16WRX Points: 0Posts: 16
    i want to be drew page some day because i think he is the best, by the way, i played with peter at the polo this week
    Posted:
  • slpgolf08slpgolf08 Members  92WRX Points: 0Posts: 92
    Verbally committed to D2 Upper Iowa University.
    Posted:
    chunkgolfer715 wrote on Nov 23 2007, 08&#58;50 PM:
    i want to be drew page some day because i think he is the best, by the way, i played with peter at the polo this week

For real? he played good in stroke play... not so much in match
    Posted:
  • dikaia22dikaia22 Treat Yo'Self! Members  997WRX Points: 65Handicap: 9.5Posts: 997 Golden Tee
    shootin4par wrote on Aug 11 2007, 03&#58;37 PM:
    no Im from st. louis....a kid that played on my high school team two years ago goes there and he loves it

Where ya from in St.Louis man. Millikin definetly isnt a bad school either......well if you overlook Decatur...lol image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Kyle[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Taylor Made Tour Issue 2017 M2, 8.5*, Matrix Black Tie 70M4X
    Taylor Made RBZ Tour Spoon - Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Taylor Made SLDR 19* Hybrid KBS C-Taper 130-X
    Mizuno MP-53 4-9 DG X-100
    Vokey 46,50,54,58 DG S-400
    Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist Prov1x[/font]
  • k-unitk-unit Members  321WRX Points: 0Posts: 321
    signed with University of Rhode Island. very excited
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • RamblerRambler North CarolinaMembers  1750WRX Points: 112Posts: 1,750 Platinum Tees
    k-unit wrote on Nov 29 2007, 08&#58;42 PM:
    signed with University of Rhode Island. very excited

nice! great job
    Posted:
    I'm from St. Louis County in Wildwood
    Posted:
  • gitrdone59gitrdone59 Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1
    arrowcreek900 wrote on Nov 21 2007, 09&#58;42 PM:
    signed with UCLA

im an '09 grad from long beach, ca and just sent my resume to ucla, i really want to go there, or any pac-10 school.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • cg460cg460 Members  342WRX Points: 0Posts: 342
    I signed with University of Hartford. Can't wait.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.