Worst Big Breakers Ever

lenboblenbob Members Posts: 48
Since BBI and BB Myrtle Beach are coming up, I thought I should start this thread. So who are the worst pro big breakers (golfwise) ever? Post your thoughts.

8. Robert Floyd

If you watched indian wells, youll know what im talking about.

7. Aubrey McCormick

6. Nikki DiSanto

5. Carl Whyte

Shot 102 in only competitive round as pro.

4. Brian Skatell

3. Meghan Hardin

Meghan Hardin. Probably the quintessential example of a rich kid who is a pro golfer just because she can. Her swing sucks, her scores suck, yet she has high 6 figure endorsement contracts. Her result's haven't been kind, even though she criticized other girls for not trying (kind ironic, huh), she doesn't seem to be trying very hard herself. +50 for 4 rounds at q school, numerous high 80s on cactus tour.

2. Courtney Coleman

Courtney Coleman seems to have slid under people minds as one of the worst BB's ever, most instead thinking of Cirbie or Meghan. But Courtney is every bit as poor of a golfer as Meghan, and her "freaking monkeys" don't help her out either. In a few of her pro golf starts, she has withdrawn 3 out of 5 tourneys. Her results include 94-MC, 85-46 for 9 holes-WD, and most recently, +52 for 4 rounds at q school, 276th/277.

1. Cirbie Sheppard

The infamous barefoot golfer has to be at the top of this list. Before BB she played in 3 tourneys, shooting 94, 97, and WD. On BB Kaanapali she played terribly, slapping the ball around like a 25 handicap. She has quit golf for a long time by now, 8 years or so.

(bold=active players, not bold=quit)

Comments

• danielaodanielao Members Posts: 302
    I don't know any of these people because I don't watch BB that closely.

Googled the two active players. Courtney Coleman started a crowd funding project over a year ago to raise money to get on the LPGA Tour. She was looking for $50k, she raised... $800.
  • vbbvbb Members Posts: 1,516 ✭✭
    Hats off to those that chase their dream as opposed to just talk about it, even if they have a financial backer like their parents to prop them up... but some people are delusional and need to find something else to do as well. Like with so many other professions, it matters most how you perform when the lights are the brightest. So what if you can win the skins match every weekend at your club... If you can't even shoot in the 70s with some consistency during a real tournament, what exactly are you doing?

That said, props to women like Meghan and Blair that turn thier looks into money. If someone wants to pay them to pose and NOT have the pressure to play, they absolutely should take that opportunity. It's not like they're nude. Especially Meghan... She had to know going in that she'd never have to game to compete, but the exposure of BB could lead her to good money in modeling. If someone wanted to hand me money to pose and workout to stay in shape, I'd take it and wouldn't give two squats what the golf community thought of my game.
    Cobra Bio Cell 10.5* stock (R) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3W stock (S) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3Hy stock (S) shaft
    JPX 850 4i | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 919 Hot Metal 5i-PW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 850 Forged GW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    MP-T4 52* & 54*
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport mallet
  • SurfDufferSurfDuffer Members Posts: 3,022 ✭✭
    By far the worst was Brian Skatell.

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
    Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
    Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
    Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
    SeeMore FPG Putter
  • rondo01rondo01 Members Posts: 74
    Chan Song from Big Break Greenbrier. Not the worst golfer, but good lord was he annoying on the television.
  • francis89francis89 Members Posts: 195
    edited Sep 1, 2014 #6
    I found this little snippet about Brian Skatell while googling him to see what he's up to. This was from 2009 but is still hilarious. He'd be on tour IMO if he would learn to stop hitting it so pure every shot.

"Greensburg native Brian Skatell, a participant on The Golf Channel's "Big Break" series, withdrew after nine holes after getting into a disagreement with tournament officials. Skatell was upset that his caddie was not allowed to use a motorized golf cart, which is prohibited."

http://www.post-gaze...es/200905130151
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    Lauren Sullivan lost to Courtney Coleman at q school this year. Dead last place. She signed up under a different alias, maybe to prevent herself from making this list.
  • MedicMedic Members Posts: 9,422 ✭✭
    SurfDuffer wrote:

The epitome of people rarely if ever being as good at something as they believe themselves to be.
    Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
    Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
    Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
    Titleist Vokey 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
    Tad Moore TM-1 35"
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Rob G 89Rob G 89 Members Posts: 847 ✭✭
    Isn't isaac Sanchez from big break? He did pretty bad at the Memphis golf tournament .
  • Daddy_DanglezDaddy_Danglez Golf ball uh... Whacker guy. Members Posts: 356
    I gotta see videos! Post links.
    Titleist 913d2 9.5- 62 Diamana blue
    Taylormade burner 3w 15*
    TaylorMade Speedblades 4-A
    Mizuno Mp59/69 3-P
    Vokey SM5 52F* 58S*
    Never Compromise Gambler Royal
  • shaffeshaffe Members Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    Sending some positive vibes the OPs way ... geez.
  • Bushwood Country ClubBushwood Country Club Bushwood Country Club Members Posts: 846 ✭✭
    Brian was horrible, So was that enormous bullying chick on last season.... she made me want to punch the screen...
    • Ping G400 LST, Tensei Orange  
    • Ping G410 3 wood, Ping Alta Shaft
    • Ping G410 3 hybrid, Evenflow Black
    • Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Forged  5-P, Nippon Modus 105
    • Vokey SM7 50/12F, 54/10S, 58/12D
    • Scotty Cameron Newport 3
  • SDkristickSDkristick Members Posts: 102
    Carl i believe came 4th in big break and lives not too far from where i live and heard that he has some serious game. i might be wrong but that is what I've heard
  • DickieThonDickieThon Members Posts: 1,100 ✭✭
    edited Sep 1, 2014 #14
    Skatell definitely wasn't the worst. The worst player was that chubby, frumpy dude from (I think) the first season- I forget his name but no way he broke 90 regularly.

*Mark Farnham* was the guy I'm thinking of
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,502 ✭✭
    Robert Floyd was really bad. The only thing he could do well was lag putts.
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,658 ClubWRX
    SurfDuffer wrote:

Brian and David Mobley were terrible. Totally self serving arrogant bas***ds. I hope they're in this made for TV event.
  • lenboblenbob Members Posts: 48

Lauren Sullivan lost to Courtney Coleman at q school this year. Dead last place. She signed up under a different alias, maybe to prevent herself from making this list.

Yeah, add Lauren to that list. The fact that Courtney actually beat someone intrigued me, though I didn't make the connection.

Brian was horrible, So was that enormous bullying chick on last season.... she made me want to punch the screen...

Well said.

Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
    SeeMore FPG Putter
    Did anyone mention Ashley Prange???

Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
    SeeMore FPG Putter
  • KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGEKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE 300 YARD DRAWS AND 10 LB HOOKS! Members Posts: 4,524
    Can't remember his name but he would pull the putter from 90yds. in.
  • KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGEKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE 300 YARD DRAWS AND 10 LB HOOKS! Members Posts: 4,524
    SDkristick wrote:

Carl i believe came 4th in big break and lives not too far from where i live and heard that he has some serious game. i might be wrong but that is what I've heard

Never believe anything you hear. Carl was the luckiest BB participant. Got a unbelieveable ruling from Santa Claus.
  • WilCoxWilCox Members Posts: 1,546 ✭✭
    Brian Skatell -- I think I saw him on the cover of "American ****."

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]"The balance, the finish, the poise. How I do it, its like a dance." This line still makes me laugh.[/background]
    Titleist 917D2
    Titleist 917F2 16.5*
    Titleist 816H1 22*
    Mizuno JPX900 5-P
    Vokey 50-54-58
    Bettinardi BB1

• vbbvbb Members Posts: 1,516 ✭✭

Can't remember his name but he would pull the putter from 90yds. in.
    Oren. He had zero confidence with a wedge.
    Cobra Bio Cell 10.5* stock (R) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3W stock (S) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3Hy stock (S) shaft
    JPX 850 4i | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 919 Hot Metal 5i-PW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 850 Forged GW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    MP-T4 52* & 54*
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport mallet
  • setter02setter02 Domesticated Domicile Attendant. aka. House Husband Banned Posts: 2,617
    edited Sep 2, 2014 #24
    Lots of players that should never have been on the show. It still kills me when they show the interviews and the player had to turn pro just to be on the show... The show has lost its meaning from the 1st one ever because BB is likely the only show GC has ever made that has been decent. Ever since the US vs. Euro series (tho Lepp and Issac were good), it hasn't been good. I still like the first series because its what it should be, the average joe betting a chance at a small event. Not a failed decent golfer getting into a PGA/LPGA event where they have no chance and is really a waste of time.

The women only shows are just terrible and should be canceled. People cry too much for equality, but those series I have zero interest in and is terrible golf.
    What's In The Ping Moonlite:
    Ping Rapture '14 13*
    Ping Rapture DI 18*
    Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
    Vokey TVD 54*
    Odyssey Tank V-Line
  • setter02setter02 Domesticated Domicile Attendant. aka. House Husband Banned Posts: 2,617
    SDkristick wrote:

Did you see his scorecard?

http://msga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/msga11/event/msga116/contest/1/contestant/2813/scorecard.htm?newcontest=0
    What's In The Ping Moonlite:
    Ping Rapture '14 13*
    Ping Rapture DI 18*
    Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
    Vokey TVD 54*
    Odyssey Tank V-Line
  • Pert1862Pert1862 JerseyMembers Posts: 2,839 ✭✭
    SurfDuffer wrote:

You beat me to it. Total toolbox here.
    Titleist 910D2 12* - Fuji Pro 70
    Adams Speedline 5
    G10 21*
    G10 28*
    Ping G, 7 - U
    Ping Gorge 56*
    Scotty Select Newport Notchback
    Srixon Q-Star / Z-Star
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,232 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

SurfDuffer wrote:

Brian and David Mobley were terrible. Totally self serving arrogant bas***ds. I hope they're in this made for TV event.

Agreed. Wow, they were pieces of work!
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3 , 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 6-UW - Yonex Proprietary Iron Shafts
    Glide 2.0 54SS, 58 WS
    Glide 3.0 54ES, 58ES (Awaiting release) Yonex Proprietary Iron Shafts
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • TServosTServos Members Posts: 446 ✭✭
    setter02 wrote:

SDkristick wrote:

Did you see his scorecard?

http://msga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/msga11/event/msga116/contest/1/contestant/2813/scorecard.htm?newcontest=0

But with a par on #2 he would have broken 100. So close.
    Ping
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,348 ✭✭
    What about the Chick that one the first Ladies only BB, Danilelle Amiee, she was terrible.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • Bushwood Country ClubBushwood Country Club Bushwood Country Club Members Posts: 846 ✭✭
    edited Sep 2, 2014 #30
    lenbob wrote:

Since BBI and BB Myrtle Beach are coming up, I thought I should start this thread. So who are the worst pro big breakers (golfwise) ever? Post your thoughts.

8. Robert Floyd

If you watched indian wells, youll know what im talking about.

7. Aubrey McCormick

6. Nikki DiSanto

5. Carl Whyte

Shot 102 in only competitive round as pro.

4. Brian Skatell

3. Meghan Hardin

Meghan Hardin. Probably the quintessential example of a rich kid who is a pro golfer just because she can. Her swing sucks, her scores suck, yet she has high 6 figure endorsement contracts. Her result's haven't been kind, even though she criticized other girls for not trying (kind ironic, huh), she doesn't seem to be trying very hard herself. +50 for 4 rounds at q school, numerous high 80s on cactus tour.

2. Courtney Coleman

Courtney Coleman seems to have slid under people minds as one of the worst BB's ever, most instead thinking of Cirbie or Meghan. But Courtney is every bit as poor of a golfer as Meghan, and her "freaking monkeys" don't help her out either. In a few of her pro golf starts, she has withdrawn 3 out of 5 tourneys. Her results include 94-MC, 85-46 for 9 holes-WD, and most recently, +52 for 4 rounds at q school, 276th/277.

1. Cirbie Sheppard

The infamous barefoot golfer has to be at the top of this list. Before BB she played in 3 tourneys, shooting 94, 97, and WD. On BB Kaanapali she played terribly, slapping the ball around like a 25 handicap. She has quit golf for a long time by now, 8 years or so.

(bold=active players, not bold=quit)

Gotta ask this question - I love this post topic...so much so that I put up a poll on "who are the HOTTEST big breakers?"... after 15 minutes and a handful of votes, it was locked by the Moderators. Can anyone explain the basis for this?

SDkristick wrote:

Never believe anything you hear. Carl was the luckiest BB participant. Got a unbelieveable ruling from Santa Claus.
    That was the most insane ruling I have ever seen that allowed him to get a free drop for his ball that he plugged into the lip of a bunker....