How adjustable drivers actually work. Everyone should be required to watch this to be allowed to pos

1101112131416»

Comments

• GolfrnutGolfrnut Members Posts: 7,105 ✭✭
    outgolfing wrote:

Ri_Redneck wrote:

outgolfing wrote:

Wow, I've been on this site for a long time and never watched that video...eye opening.

And now I have a question my mind is not working through.

I have a 8.5 Ping G400. I sole the club on every shot so I now understand it does not matter what loft I set it at for the sake of loft but when I go to the small + or the large + and still sole it how much am I changing the lie angle to? (RH adapter). Also am I right that by "adding loft" and soling the club I am closing the face angle?

This video explains what you are asking.

[url=" Adjustment process.[/url]

BTW, just cause you sole your club every time, it doesn't mean you can't AIM your club.

BT

Interesting, so regardless of either going “up” or “down” in loft on the hosel settings you are decreasing lie angle on both.

Depends on the OEM. Some have multiple cogs that allow you to offset some of that.
    TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
    Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
    Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
    Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
    Odyssey MXM 1W
  • JRSJRS Members Posts: 959 ✭✭
    outgolfing wrote:

Interesting, so regardless of either going "up" or "down" in loft on the hosel settings you are decreasing lie angle on both.

the zero position is the most upright. little plus and little minus are the the most flat. big plus and big minus are more upright again but not quite as upright as zero. the reason for the odd arrangement is their choice of 5 hosel settings. if you want to know why you'll have to read the thread from the start.