All Things Michigan Golf....the Mulligan (MOD EDIT: NO POLITICS, NO COVID-19, NO ECONOMICS)

Openwater22 ·  
Openwater22Openwater22 N. Mich & Treasure CoastUnregistered  3088WRX Points: 208Posts: 3,088 Titanium Tees
It was time. The original is closed. Mulligan is open for business, post away.
Posted:
Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D
Post edited by 1t2golf on

Comments

• MaxPower328MaxPower328 Members  1135WRX Points: 41Posts: 1,135 Platinum Tees
    I'm currently contemplating how many layers I can wear this morning and still be able to swing. Should be a fun one!

Posted:
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    915H 21* Diamana White 90
    712u 4i, 712CB 5-6, 712MB 7-P; C-Taper
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    Vokey SM4 50, 55K Grind, 60E Grind
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members  8538WRX Points: 151Handicap: 5.5Posts: 8,538 Titanium Tees
    image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />

Max, the bigger question is how many more rounds can you get in this year?
    Posted:
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
    Well I am hoping for at least two more because I have two scheduled for Oakland Hills South!!

After those I can end the season happy.
    Posted:
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    WITB Link
  • Openwater22Openwater22 N. Mich & Treasure CoastUnregistered  3088WRX Points: 208Posts: 3,088 Titanium Tees
    Good luck K! Sorry I wimped out yesterday, did guys play?
    Posted:
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
    No we all bailed, which then marked the end of the rain! But it is probably for the best. I got caught up on a lot of expense reports instead image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    WITB Link
  • itw419itw419 Clear Eyes, Full Hearts.... Members  1709WRX Points: 116Posts: 1,709 Platinum Tees
    I'm hoping to get in at least 5 more rounds. I also have a certificate for a fitting at Miles of Golf that I need to use before the end of the year.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 11* TPT 16LKP
    Taylor Made M1 5 wood AD-MT 8s
    Nike Vapor Fly 7 wood MRC Tensei 70x
    Srixon ZU85 4 iron
    Srixon Z785 5-AW Nippon Modus 120X
    Cleveland RTX4 Mid 56*,60* Nippon WV 125
    Artisan Golf 0217 

Advertisement
  • odshot68odshot68 MIMembers  8093WRX Points: 217Handicap: +.7Posts: 8,093 Titanium Tees
    The Sequel! Tigers are done, rooting for our KC counterparts. There is something magical about how they have won the last 3 games in extras. I think next year we won't be nearly as good as we lose a few key assets. Too bad upper management can't figure out the importance of a bullpen after the last four years of playoff ball. We need to completely wipe out our staff and start anew. At least we have the Lions this year and our Spartans (of course)!
    Posted:

Titleist TS3 10.5 Project x HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60X
    Titleist TS2 13.5 & 18 Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Mizuno MP20 HMB #3 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    Mizuno MP 20 5-PW DGS300
    Vokey SM8 Black 50.12F DGS200
    Callaway Jaws MD5 Tour Grey 58W DG 115 S200
    Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 64 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
    Odyssey Triple Track Double Wide Flow Putter

• swizbeatzswizbeatz Members  5822WRX Points: 275Handicap: +.6Posts: 5,822 Titanium Tees
    odshot68 wrote:

The Sequel! Tigers are done, rooting for our KC counterparts. There is something magical about how they have won the last 3 games in extras. I think next year we won't be nearly as good as we lose a few key assets. Too bad upper management can't figure out the importance of a bullpen after the last four years of playoff ball. We need to completely wipe out our staff and start anew. At least we have the Lions this year and our Spartans (of course)!

Giving up this early? It ain't over yet, you probably only give new iron sets ~9 holes too huh? Jk.
    Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members  2761WRX Points: 248Handicap: 6.4Posts: 2,761 Titanium Tees
    Your a mans man, Max!

The season isn't over... We will get to OLCC before it's over. The only bummer is we'll be missing OW and Swiz...
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-6
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 14º & 19º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-7
    Titleist U•510 Iron 4i ~ Project X HZRDUS Black 80
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5 – PW ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 blackout
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 blackout
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) & 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 SS blackout
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140) 
    Bridgestone Tour B X
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members  5822WRX Points: 275Handicap: +.6Posts: 5,822 Titanium Tees
    itw419 wrote:

I'm hoping to get in at least 5 more rounds. I also have a certificate for a fitting at Miles of Golf that I need to use before the end of the year.

Need to come out here, rates just dropped big time. Doz too, I'll let you know when he's coming and hopefully you can pull some strings at work this time. Is your course doing a fall $ scramble? That would be fun.
    Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • SweetSweet Builder for discerning Players Members  1316WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,316
    image/scenic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':scenic:' />

ok boys....I had told 3JP at the Mid Am that I had a story for him (and never got the chance to explain) so I'm gonna put it out here.

I am moving to AZ (Phx/Scottsdale area)!

Wife got transferred and it makes sense for my biz too.

So......I have ALOT of shafts mostly pulls that have actually never been hit. also they are mostly regs and stiffs but I believe I have a few X's also (but few)

I also have a ton of Driver heads (altho none of them are current models)

I really don't want to have to take ALL of them with me, so if you guys are looking for some deals to experiment with PM me asap and I will go thru my stock and try to help out anyone I can.

Not gonna give them away but these will be GOOD deals.

Let me know.

image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' />

Year round golf here I come!!!!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SweetSweet Builder for discerning Players Members  1316WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,316
    and yes we are talking Oban, Mitsu's, Px, Matrix, Aldila, Fubuki, and Kuro's

also PLENTY of Iron pulls including a set of KBS Tour 90's in X
    Posted:
  • odshot68odshot68 MIMembers  8093WRX Points: 217Handicap: +.7Posts: 8,093 Titanium Tees
    swizbeatz wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

Giving up this early? It ain't over yet, you probably only give new iron sets ~9 holes too huh? Jk.

Unfortunately, I have. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Bring on the 915 woods. I hit the 915D3 8.5 yesterday with Diamana White but it was too low spin. I did like the 915f 15 with new Whiteboard and it was much longer than previous model. It was good from tee and deck. Either going to pick up the White or Silver in the D2 and the same in the 915f. Of course, the 915h 18 degree too.
    Posted:

Mizuno MP 20 5-PW DGS300

• countvelvetcountvelvet Members  213WRX Points: 65Handicap: 3Posts: 213 Fairways
    Sweet wrote:

ok boys....I had told 3JP at the Mid Am that I had a story for him (and never got the chance to explain) so I'm gonna put it out here.

So......I have ALOT of shafts mostly pulls that have actually never been hit. also they are mostly regs and stiffs but I believe I have a few X's also (but few)

I really don't want to have to take ALL of them with me, so if you guys are looking for some deals to experiment with PM me asap and I will go thru my stock and try to help out anyone I can.

Let me know.

Do you have any putters you are looking to sell?
    Posted:
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members  8538WRX Points: 151Handicap: 5.5Posts: 8,538 Titanium Tees
    Sweet, congratulations on the move! I imagine that having a full season of golf might be good for business?

If you have a set of CTapers or Tour V's I would be interested. Think I'm going to reshaft and maybe dowel my irons this winter.
    Posted:
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Winter is stupid Members, ClubWRX  6350WRX Points: 359Posts: 6,350 ClubWRX
    Wow, Sweet, I'm jealous! When do you actually leave? I'm probably going to be in that area for work either in December or early next year.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to -1.5*), 44.5", Graphite Design Tour AD XC 7X
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34"
    WITB Link

Advertisement

Sweet wrote:

Let me know.

Do you have any putters you are looking to sell?

depends what you r looking for...most are older pings, a couple scottys, got a like new Spider that is begging to become a counterbalanced!
    Posted:
    3 Jack Par wrote:

Wow, Sweet, I'm jealous! When do you actually leave? I'm probably going to be in that area for work either in December or early next year.

housing and job trip on Nov 4

hoping to be out there by nov 15

still trying to swing it where i can come back here for summers
    Posted:
  • itw419itw419 Clear Eyes, Full Hearts.... Members  1709WRX Points: 116Posts: 1,709 Platinum Tees
    swizbeatz wrote:

itw419 wrote:

Need to come out here, rates just dropped big time. Doz too, I'll let you know when he's coming and hopefully you can pull some strings at work this time. Is your course doing a fall $ scramble? That would be fun.

No $$$ scramble. It would be fun. Maybe in the future.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 11* TPT 16LKP
    Taylor Made M1 5 wood AD-MT 8s
    Nike Vapor Fly 7 wood MRC Tensei 70x
    Srixon ZU85 4 iron
    Srixon Z785 5-AW Nippon Modus 120X
    Cleveland RTX4 Mid 56*,60* Nippon WV 125
    Artisan Golf 0217 
    That was some tough golfing today boys. Battled through the elements and snuck it out on the 3rd playoff hole. Great way to end the year!

Posted:
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    WITB Link
    Congrats Max!
    Posted:

Mizuno MP 20 5-PW DGS300

Advertisement
    Grrr. Stupid sideways mobile pics
    Posted:
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    WITB Link
  • Openwater22Openwater22 N. Mich & Treasure CoastUnregistered  3088WRX Points: 208Posts: 3,088 Titanium Tees
    Way to go K! See, us bailing on yesterday left you fresh and rested. Congrats.
    Posted:
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
    Yo Mr. Sweet. Congrats on the Az. move. Best of luck. Keep us posted.
    Posted:
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
  • Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members  4098WRX Points: 359Posts: 4,098 Titanium Tees
    Well at least the Tigers win something this year. Can't say that will end up being Michigan's case. While I agree the bullpen hasn't been solid as a whole, I still think it's on Ausmus. There were opportunities to get Sanchez some work a week ago so he would have been able to go longer yesterday. And while I can understand someone saying they didn't have the best of confidence in Albuquerqe(sp?), you at least try something different from what caused the train wrecks the last few games. He is a major league pitcher. There is a chance he gets some guys out.

And for those who have wondered the validity of of reliever stats, Chamberlain was credited with a Hold yesterday.

As far as rounds, have to play a match(possibly two if I lose the first one) tomorrow. Hoping weather cooperates in Dayton next weekend, and then a week plus in Florida in November(scared OW back to Michigan apparently...lol). So hoping for at least 7 more.....
    Posted:
  • FSCMattFSCMatt Formerly the_matt5 Members  1015WRX Points: 1Handicap: 2.5Posts: 1,015 Bunkers
    On Wednesday I'm playing Wuskowhan Players Club. The guys I'm playing with say it's awesome. What should I practice on leading up to the round?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MichiganSRT8MichiganSRT8 Rise and Grind Members  226WRX Points: 25Handicap: 1.4Posts: 226 Fairways
    FSCMatt wrote:

On Wednesday I'm playing Wuskowhan Players Club. The guys I'm playing with say it's awesome. What should I practice on leading up to the round?

Hey Matt! I'm newer here but thought I would chime in since Wuskowhan was my home course while I played at Hope College, even though it was just a year. Honestly quickly became one of the favorite courses I ever played and really unhappy that I had to leave the school and haven't got to play it since. Really if the course is in as good condition as they kept it while I was there just make sure your irons are on point, oddly enough irons were my problem my freshman year mostly but still loved every round there. Beautiful course, and tipped out makes it quite difficult. I know it doesn't help much but id say most of all just try to look around and enjoy it, one of the most beautiful courses around IMO.

But hey guys, Im Josh! know I joined in late and commented on the original thread a few times, but thought it would be a good place to start new. Everyone seems to know each other for the most part, but just wanted to introduce myself. I know were winding down here but id love to meet some guys whenever you have times going out, if not this year next year for sure. Always open to go out and play whenever anyone needs a playing partner and I'm very easy going. Getting back into golf after a few years outta college golf is a great time, and glad I got back faster than I thought I would. Also wish I would've found golfwrx sooner haha!
    Posted:
    915 D3 Rogue Silver X 7.5*
    TM SLDR TP 15* Speeder X
    915H 21* Rogue Black X
    Titleist AP2 4-W (08's)
    Vokey SM5 52*, 56* & 58*
    Scotty Newport 2 / CS Lime Green
  • FSCMattFSCMatt Formerly the_matt5 Members  1015WRX Points: 1Handicap: 2.5Posts: 1,015 Bunkers
    FSCMatt wrote:

Hey Matt! I'm newer here but thought I would chime in since Wuskowhan was my home course while I played at Hope College, even though it was just a year. Honestly quickly became one of the favorite courses I ever played and really unhappy that I had to leave the school and haven't got to play it since. Really if the course is in as good condition as they kept it while I was there just make sure your irons are on point, oddly enough irons were my problem my freshman year mostly but still loved every round there. Beautiful course, and tipped out makes it quite difficult. I know it doesn't help much but id say most of all just try to look around and enjoy it, one of the most beautiful courses around IMO.

But hey guys, Im Josh! know I joined in late and commented on the original thread a few times, but thought it would be a good place to start new. Everyone seems to know each other for the most part, but just wanted to introduce myself. I know were winding down here but id love to meet some guys whenever you have times going out, if not this year next year for sure. Always open to go out and play whenever anyone needs a playing partner and I'm very easy going. Getting back into golf after a few years outta college golf is a great time, and glad I got back faster than I thought I would. Also wish I would've found golfwrx sooner haha!

Awesome! I'll try and dial them in. I'm a decent player and will be playing with guys I can compete with (but only if I play well). I'm pretty lucky and get to see one of the best courses in the state daily so I try to take in every course I go to since I take that one for granted.

Thanks for the advice! If anyone else has some please let me know. I don't want to lose all of my money when I play lol
    Posted:
  • MichiganSRT8MichiganSRT8 Rise and Grind Members  226WRX Points: 25Handicap: 1.4Posts: 226 Fairways
    No problem man! I mean thats a pretty universal think I guess if you're not on point with irons you won't shoot well but I think you get the point haha. Don't get greedy at Wuskowhan either, thats one thing that gets a lot of people. Where do you play daily if you don't ming me asking?
    Posted:
    915 D3 Rogue Silver X 7.5*
    TM SLDR TP 15* Speeder X
    915H 21* Rogue Black X
    Titleist AP2 4-W (08's)
    Vokey SM5 52*, 56* & 58*
    Scotty Newport 2 / CS Lime Green

Advertisement
    Welcome to the thread SRT8. You'll find everybody open to playing together whenever the opportunity arises.

Based on your screen name, are you involved in the auto industry? Asking cause GBone and I are as well.
    Posted:
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.