All Things Michigan Golf....the Mulligan (MOD EDIT: NO POLITICS, NO COVID-19, NO ECONOMICS)

Comments

• swizbeatzswizbeatz Members  5822WRX Points: 275Handicap: +.6Posts: 5,822 Titanium Tees

On -, @The Big Pinch said:

Played Radrick Farms today. Course was beautiful with the fall colors starting to show.

I’ve heard it’s been in great shape. The greens are usually so slow but apparently fast this fall.

Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Winter is stupid Members, ClubWRX  6347WRX Points: 358Posts: 6,347 ClubWRX

Played Eagle Eye with the fan on high yesterday -- course is in really good shape, though it was cart path only after the downpour on Saturday night. Even so, it drained pretty well. The greens are in good shape for this time of year.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to -1.5*), 44.5", Graphite Design Tour AD XC 7X
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34"
    WITB Link
  • The Big PinchThe Big Pinch Everybody Loves Holly Members  1295WRX Points: 129Handicap: 3.6Posts: 1,295 Platinum Tees

On -, @swizbeatz said:

On -, @The Big Pinch said:

Played Radrick Farms today. Course was beautiful with the fall colors starting to show.

I’ve heard it’s been in great shape. The greens are usually so slow but apparently fast this fall.

They were quick. Did not want to land anywhere near those false fronts or it was fairway city.

Posted:
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
    Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
    Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
    Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
    Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
    Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
    Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members  3683WRX Points: 305Handicap: 2.8Posts: 3,683 Titanium Tees

I played the Orchards today and although I generally bash that course I have to admit it was in great shape. Except one of the singles I got paired with...not so much. He insisted on playing the tips even though rest of us were playing the blues, which is fine, but he played slowed as ****, absolutely sucked, and constantly cussed out every shot he took and continued to talk about it afterward. I should have brought more beer haha.

I really hope it wasn't one of you guys...

Posted:
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • HappyGilmoresBootsHappyGilmoresBoots Green Balls MichiganMembers  202WRX Points: 79Handicap: 18?Posts: 202 Fairways

I stopped in the Holland location of Dunham's Sports today and saw that they've drastically expanded their golf section.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members  4098WRX Points: 359Posts: 4,098 Titanium Tees

On -, @1puttTUT said:

I played the Orchards today and although I generally bash that course I have to admit it was in great shape. Except one of the singles I got paired with...not so much. He insisted on playing the tips even though rest of us were playing the blues, which is fine, but he played slowed as ****, absolutely sucked, and constantly cussed out every shot he took and continued to talk about it afterward. I should have brought more beer haha.

I really hope it wasn't one of you guys...

I'm not slow, I'm walking fast between shots.

Posted:
  • kalamazookalamazoo Members  525WRX Points: 96Posts: 525 Golden Tee

What’s your take on this scenario?:

I have eBay saved searches for specific clubs I’m looking for (as I’m guessing all club hoes do), and I recently got a notification for a GAPR with the specific shaft and loft that I’ve been looking for. The club was listed at about half the normal going rate, and after some careful analysis of the photos I bought it. Seller messages me and says something like “wow I didn’t expect that to sell so fast”. Now, it’s waaay past the expected delivery date and the seller hasn’t responded to any messages about shipping. I’m guessing I’m not getting this club, correct?

He had to have realized his mistake selling it so cheap as a “Buy it Now”. I’m thinking I’m never going to see the club. Not worried about the money because eBay does a great job taking care of these kinds of issues, I’m just bummed about finally finding the perfect club/shaft combo and not being able to hit it!

Posted:
  • HappyGilmoresBootsHappyGilmoresBoots Green Balls MichiganMembers  202WRX Points: 79Handicap: 18?Posts: 202 Fairways

On -, @kalamazoo said:

I have eBay saved searches for specific clubs I’m looking for (as I’m guessing all club hoes do), and I recently got a notification for a GAPR with the specific shaft and loft that I’ve been looking for. The club was listed at about half the normal going rate, and after some careful analysis of the photos I bought it. Seller messages me and says something like “wow I didn’t expect that to sell so fast”. Now, it’s waaay past the expected delivery date and the seller hasn’t responded to any messages about shipping. I’m guessing I’m not getting this club, correct?

He had to have realized his mistake selling it so cheap as a “Buy it Now”. I’m thinking I’m never going to see the club. Not worried about the money because eBay does a great job taking care of these kinds of issues, I’m just bummed about finally finding the perfect club/shaft combo and not being able to hit it!

Open a claim through eBay, they're pretty good at siding with the buyer.

Posted:
  • Mikey5eMikey5e michMembers  1316WRX Points: 295Handicap: 15Posts: 1,316 Platinum Tees

That's a disappointing story.

Posted:
  • knickerbockerknickerbocker Pipe Dreamer Members  3444WRX Points: 201Handicap: 3.8Posts: 3,444 Titanium Tees

On -, @kalamazoo said:

That stinks. Did you every build your simulator? How did it turn out?

I told my wife I wanted to move so we could have a house with high basement walls for a simulator. She didn't buy it.

Posted:
    9* G LST w/ Aldila Rogue Silver i/o 60
    14* Callaway XR Pro w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70
    20* Callaway XR Pro Hybrid
    Taylormade p790 4 - GW with Modus Tour 120
    Taylormade Milled Grind Antique Bronze 54 and 58 with Modus Tour 120
    Putter: Scotty Cameron GOLO3
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • kalamazookalamazoo Members  525WRX Points: 96Posts: 525 Golden Tee

On -, @knickerbocker said:

On -, @kalamazoo said:

I told my wife I wanted to move so we could have a house with high basement walls for a simulator. She didn't buy it.

Ugh, such a sore subject: I started building the simulator but it turned into a theatre room instead. Don’t get me wrong, the room is amazing, but I reeeeeally wanted the simulator. My basement ceilings turned out to be a hair too low and I couldn’t only comfortably swing wedges/short irons. Also, I got vetoed by the family :D

As soon as the kids go to college though...it’s simulator time. I can live without swinging a driver indoors.

Posted:
  • knickerbockerknickerbocker Pipe Dreamer Members  3444WRX Points: 201Handicap: 3.8Posts: 3,444 Titanium Tees

On -, @kalamazoo said:

On -, @knickerbocker said:

On -, @kalamazoo said:

Ugh, such a sore subject: I started building the simulator but it turned into a theatre room instead. Don’t get me wrong, the room is amazing, but I reeeeeally wanted the simulator. My basement ceilings turned out to be a hair too low and I couldn’t only comfortably swing wedges/short irons. Also, I got vetoed by the family :D

As soon as the kids go to college though...it’s simulator time. I can live without swinging a driver indoors.

Yes, when Kids go to college and I don't need our big house, simulator room will be requirement for our next house.

I have been pushing to get one put one in at BCCC, but not movement on that yet. Until then, it is X-Golf once a month during the winter and hitting into net in garage.

Posted:
    WITB Link
  • kruegekruege Members  240WRX Points: 55Posts: 240 Fairways

For any of you guys on the west side. Maple Hill is running a special on indoor Trackman driver fittings. I think it is through 12/12, not 100% sure, but the special is if you pay for a $60 driver fitting, you will get a gift card worth $66 dollars back. So if you have something to buy there, you in essence get paid $6 dollars in credit to do the fitting. And you can pay with a gift card if you already have one, thats what i ended up doing yesterday and they just took my gift card and added $6 to it. I was suprised they actually had a decent selection of x flex and high end shafts to try. They even have a epic flash sz triple diamond head in the fitting room. I ended up hitting hazrdus t1100, tensi pro white, oban white, evenflow white t1100, whiteboard, and my own shaft i brought which is a tp-6x in a rogue sz head. He said that he did have both the new blue and black ventus shafts as well. It looked like my tp was the best shaft from what i hit and that the flash sz head would get me 4-6 carry and 8-10 total yards over the rogue.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* Tour AD-TP 6X
    Callaway Epic SZ 13.5* TC (bonded) Rogue Maxx75X
    Titleist 818 H2 21* KBS Hybrid 80X
    Srixon 5(565), 6-7(795) 8-PW(965) KBS 125 S+
    Fourteen RM 21 Satin 48.08 KBS Tour 120S
    Fourteen RM 12 Raw 52.10 KBS Hi-Rev S
    Fourteen RM 21 Black 56.08W KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 black chrome
    Titleist Vokey SM5 Black 60.04 KBS Hi-Rev 115 S
    Odyssey O Works black 1WS
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Winter is stupid Members, ClubWRX  6347WRX Points: 358Posts: 6,347 ClubWRX

On -, @kruege said:

For any of you guys on the west side. Maple Hill is running a special on indoor Trackman driver fittings. I think it is through 12/12, not 100% sure, but the special is if you pay for a $60 driver fitting, you will get a gift card worth $66 dollars back. So if you have something to buy there, you in essence get paid $6 dollars in credit to do the fitting. And you can pay with a gift card if you already have one, thats what i ended up doing yesterday and they just took my gift card and added $6 to it. I was suprised they actually had a decent selection of x flex and high end shafts to try. They even have a epic flash sz triple diamond head in the fitting room. I ended up hitting hazrdus t1100, tensi pro white, oban white, evenflow white t1100, whiteboard, and my own shaft i brought which is a tp-6x in a rogue sz head. He said that he did have both the new blue and black ventus shafts as well. It looked like my tp was the best shaft from what i hit and that the flash sz head would get me 4-6 carry and 8-10 total yards over the rogue.

Your experience may differ, but I found that while the Flash SZ (standard, not the triple diamond) gave me great numbers, when I got it on the course, I couldn't keep it on the planet, and was never able to get it figured out. And I played the original Epic SZ for two years with the exact same shaft. I'd hold on to your Rogue head until you've had a chance to play with the Flash for a while if I were you.

Posted:
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    WITB Link

On -, @3_Jack_Par said:

On -, @kruege said:

Your experience may differ, but I found that while the Flash SZ (standard, not the triple diamond) gave me great numbers, when I got it on the course, I couldn't keep it on the planet, and was never able to get it figured out. And I played the original Epic SZ for two years with the exact same shaft. I'd hold on to your Rogue head until you've had a chance to play with the Flash for a while if I were you.

Yeah, I am not really looking at getting a flash anytime soon, I did like the feel of the flash head much better (more solid feeling) but isn't worth the coin for the little gain i would be getting, maybe at the end of next summer if they come down in price.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers  3487WRX Points: 278Posts: 3,487 Titanium Tees

I tried to find the promotion details online but they weren't listed. Is this only specific to drivers? I'd for sure do a putter fitting if I got 110% back in a gift card.

Posted:
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members  5822WRX Points: 275Handicap: +.6Posts: 5,822 Titanium Tees

Gonna have a callaway club in the bag to start the season for the first time in a long time. The new super hybrid is awesome.

Posted:
  • Mikey5eMikey5e michMembers  1316WRX Points: 295Handicap: 15Posts: 1,316 Platinum Tees

Those are some nice looking clubs, full of technology, and adjustability. I have three hybrids in my bag, old man's bag, and I wouldn't go without them. My biggest beef with hybrids is they always seem to set up with a closed face. Some golfers call them hooking machines, and I understand where they're coming from, but I called them some of the best clubs in my bag!

Posted:

I am not sure, all it says on the webpage is get 110% of your fee back from launch kitchen fittings. you would have to call them to see what fittings the promotion works with i guess. i no longer have the email that had more info about it from a couple of weeks back.

Posted:

I remember the Super Hybrid that Adams made a few years back. I had one of those in the bag for about 5 minutes. It actually went too far and was basically as long as my 3 wood, but more prone to going left.

Posted:
    WITB Link

Advertisement

yea it was good, came with a nice for the time fubuki. The Callaway has a pro orange and is really expensive but I got a sweet deal on it. I hit 5 rockets with it and quit, easily 10+ yards longer than my 816 with the same loft.

Posted:

Just got an email this afternoon that the custom Byron I ordered is finished!

...just in time to putt on the carpet all friggin' winter

Posted:
    WITB Link
    Posted:
    WITB Link
    Posted:
    WITB Link
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers  3487WRX Points: 278Posts: 3,487 Titanium Tees

Diamond Springs is open tomorrow just FYI for those that may not have gotten the email.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • odshot68odshot68 MIMembers  8093WRX Points: 216Handicap: +.7Posts: 8,093 Titanium Tees

Played this weekend up in candlestone. No pins in. Why open it or at least tell you When you check in before your looking where to aim on your approach. So stupid!!

Posted:

Titleist TS3 10.5 Project x HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60X
    Titleist TS2 13.5 & 18 Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Mizuno MP20 HMB #3 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    Mizuno MP 20 5-PW DGS300
    Vokey SM8 Black 50.12F DGS200
    Callaway Jaws MD5 Tour Grey 58W DG 115 S200
    Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 64 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
    Odyssey Triple Track Double Wide Flow Putter

• 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members  3683WRX Points: 305Handicap: 2.8Posts: 3,683 Titanium Tees

Heading to Santa Monica tomorrow for my wife's work Christmas party and we're totally free Saturday. Was planning to play golf but now there's a 50% chance of rain. This sucks! I can't decide if it's worth lugging my clubs or not.

Posted:

If you look at the details of the forecast, it looks like it's only expected to be around 0.05 inches of rain and around 60 degrees which will make for pretty deserted golf courses in SoCal, but for a Michigan resident, pretty **** playable. Whether that's worth taking your clubs along versus doing something else around L.A. is obviously up to you. There's not a lot of great public options near Santa Monica, and driving anywhere in L.A., even on the weekend, can be a crapshoot, so you'll want to consider that, too.

If you're looking for alternative options, allow me to suggest: https://labeerhop.com/

Posted:
    WITB Link

Advertisement

We have a tee time at Rustic Canyon. It seemed like the consensus pick by the guys in the forum. My wife has decided against bringing her clubs, but she's mostly going just because I want to. They have rental sets so no big deal. We'll probably play unless it rains hard, and if that's the case we'll definitely do something that involves day drinking haha.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.