How do you display your putter collection...

mrrelish1mrrelish1 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
Just wanted to share a few pictures of my new putter display case. Let me know your thoughts. This is my work office where my wife has no say. It took me a while to figure out how to display the putters in a safe way. Please post pictures of your displayed putters. Its nice to look at everyday instead of storing away and not being able to appreciate. In the display I have a three scottys (left) 1 tp mills handmade (middle) and three bettinardis (right).

Comments

• Etiger83Etiger83 Members Posts: 1,339 ✭✭
    Holy crap that's awesome!!

Only thing I'd change is the light seems a bit harsh
  • mrrelish1mrrelish1 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    The camera did not take a great picture. Looks better than the picture shows.
  • dronell19dronell19 Members Posts: 179
    You just gave me an idea. Awesome!!
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,202 ✭✭
    5 stars - nothing else to say.
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,684 ClubWRX
    I'm embarrassed image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Mine are in the closet, between my shirts & slacks, and the lighting sucks, but it is a cedar closet, so it does smell nice image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Beautiful display, thanks for posting!!

I Love the heel shafted blades!!

Awesome collection!!

Welcome to the board MR!!

Hope that you enjoy it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Jimmie48Jimmie48 Members Posts: 1,125
    Stuck in a couple of staff bags with the headcovers on....probably like most of us
  • ABgolfer2ABgolfer2 Members Posts: 2,704
    Jimmie48 wrote:

Stuck in a couple of staff bags with the headcovers on....probably like most of us
    ... add in "under the stairs" and you nailed it.
    MP600
    Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
    Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
    Cleveland TA1 3-9
    Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
    Cleveland Classic 2
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,857 ✭✭
    that is great work right there

My 4 expensive putters are now upstairs in my bedroom hiding in the closet

I went down into the basement a few weeks and some teenage boys were visiting. These little yahoo's were violating Uncle Cardy's 1st rule of basement visitation ... playing with my clubs in the bar area / man cave. Teenage boys don't like to be told off in front of teenage girls but c'mon dudes, follow the dad's code of conduct or risk being drawn and quartered
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • j.a.j.a. Members Posts: 1,454
    edited Oct 9, 2014 #10
    This is amazing. Great display. This is not the art of putting but putting as art.

Unfortunately cameras don't see things same as the human eye but I trust that this should look stunning in person.

What can I say... I have mine at my home studio in a fishing rod stand I bought on sale. not the fanciest display but quite handy and practical. I don't have a collectors item yet.
  • Mikey TownMikey Town Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭
    That looks fantastic!

I usually think about building my own putter rack. Then I realize that I'm lazy and I look into buying a putter rack instead. When I find one I want, I proceed to find something else I'd rather spend money on and save the putter rack idea for later. Wash... Rinse... Repeat...
    TaylorMade Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
    Bridgestone Irons
    Vokey Wedges
    Byron Morgan Putter(s)
    WITB Link
  • cdnrockiescdnrockies Members Posts: 1,519 ✭✭
    Awesome display.

The only concern I would have is the heat from the light on the middle grips. Those little bulbs throw a ton of heat. Ask me how I know. Hint: jersey cabinets. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    The camera is making the light look really bright. That's not the case. I also used a bronze glass that softens it even more. I will try and update the picture. The lights do throw off some serious heat but seem to be far enough that the grips don't even get warm.

I put these behind glass and with a lock so no unnecessary touching is going on. The display underneath is open with putters you may touch and putt with. Have some old gamers there. Cant take any chances.
  • shaffeshaffe Members Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    I don't ... I'm pretty sure my wife can count.
  • T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,958 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2014 #15
    Looks fantastic!

I may run this idea by the wife and see what she thinks. She's getting tired of me buying more racks and hanging them on the wall.

Did you just dig it out between the studs and frame it? Looks a little narrower than 16 inches, but that may be because of the framing.
  • avgjoeavgjoe Members Posts: 4,999
    Yes just framed between the studs. Ended up to be 13 1/2 inches. I did not want to start **** with the studs...
    edited Oct 11, 2014 #18
    Thanks for all the nice words...Does anyone display their stuff? Trying to get some more ideas.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,184 ✭✭
    Awesome. Love all the 8802s!
    Thanks gambit. I try to stick to only 8802 styles...I am already over my head with my habit.
  • ZHtourissueZHtourissue Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Wow. That looks awesome!
  • YenamosYenamos Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
  • jcamn1jcamn1 ClubWRX Posts: 681 ClubWRX
    Some in my trunk, others in my basement and still others on the workbench image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
  • ballanaballana Members Posts: 371
    Holy brag-post Batman! How awesome does my awesome display case look!?!? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Seriously though, great looking display, I think you just gave a lot of people (myself included) an idea! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • GMoney76GMoney76 Members Posts: 890 ✭✭
    Very nice! I saw the new GE hue lights at best but yesterday and immediately thought how cool that would be with this. Basically endless color options.
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
    Nike Vapor Fly 3w
    Nike Vapor Flex 3h
    Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
    Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
    Nike Method Origin B2-05
    RZN Dot Platinum
    IG Gchrist_01
    Definitely gonna try the different colored lights. Thanks for the info Gmoney76.
  • slaveofthegovslaveofthegov PINGophile for life! Members Posts: 256 ✭✭
    glad to see that Made for Tour Napa in Pro Platinum found a great home!!!!
    Made for Tour Classic Napa
    330g
    Lie/Loft: 71/3 degrees
    35"
    COA 024227
  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,077 ✭✭
    Looks awesome!!! You could change the lights to LED bulbs to avoid the heat issue, they are cool to the touch and dissipate heat in a different manner than a traditional bulb.

Outside of that I just display mine on one of the stainless steel putter racks that Scott sells. Doesn't look anywhere near as classy or clean as yours, really amazing job and creativity!
  • Leonelaguilar1Leonelaguilar1 Members Posts: 6
    This is really cool, congrats man!

Can anyone guide me to a post that refers to which putters might be considered as collectible?

Thanks
  • RonnieoRonnieo Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    That’s display is top quality, the wife said I can turn the dining room into my putter room but haven’t got around to it yet.
  • bazinozbazinoz Members Posts: 499 ✭✭
    That display in the OP is awesome.

Jimmie48 wrote:

That was exactly me. But thought I'd look around for a simple stand to use because the head covers keep getting squashed and crumpled using a bag..

Found that a fishing rod stand from the local boating & camping shop does the trick perfectly.

Here's my 8802/Napa styles. They've got their own home. The rest (mainly anser styles) are now in the 2nd stand.

IMG-3749.jpg

IMG-3745.jpg

IMG-3748.jpg