Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

17880828384
84

Comments

  • Chandler96Chandler96 Members  119WRX Points: 0Posts: 119
    Joined:  #2372
    hondafans wrote:


    For anyone looking to try the mb out, and not spend too much, there is a set on ebay for less than $200




    Wow that's a good deal

    etrichards wrote:


    Well I took the leap - just ordered a set of J15 MB's with the Modus 120X flex shafts. While I'm not normally someone who can justify keeping 2 sets of irons, the prices you can get on DD's make it more acceptable. Not sure if I'll sell the CB's or just keep both. Leaning towards keeping both right now, but I wont rush into that decision.



    Figure if I don't love the 120X's, i can either flip them with the DG Pro's in the CB's or try something new. I have the 120 in my wedge and really like it there.



    Even though its still winter in Michigan, I cant wait to get these in my hands! As much as I like the CB's, I miss playing MB's at least in the shorter irons.




    Where at in Michigan? I play the MB's as well
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • etrichardsetrichards Members  358WRX Points: 60Posts: 358 Greens
    Joined:  #2373
    Chandler96 wrote:

    hondafans wrote:


    For anyone looking to try the mb out, and not spend too much, there is a set on ebay for less than $200




    Wow that's a good deal


    etrichards wrote:


    Well I took the leap - just ordered a set of J15 MB's with the Modus 120X flex shafts. While I'm not normally someone who can justify keeping 2 sets of irons, the prices you can get on DD's make it more acceptable. Not sure if I'll sell the CB's or just keep both. Leaning towards keeping both right now, but I wont rush into that decision.



    Figure if I don't love the 120X's, i can either flip them with the DG Pro's in the CB's or try something new. I have the 120 in my wedge and really like it there.



    Even though its still winter in Michigan, I cant wait to get these in my hands! As much as I like the CB's, I miss playing MB's at least in the shorter irons.




    Where at in Michigan? I play the MB's as well




    I live in Chesterfield and work in Dearborn. Detroit area. You?
    Posted:
  • Chandler96Chandler96 Members  119WRX Points: 0Posts: 119
    Joined:  #2374
    etrichards wrote:

    Chandler96 wrote:

    hondafans wrote:


    For anyone looking to try the mb out, and not spend too much, there is a set on ebay for less than $200




    Wow that's a good deal


    etrichards wrote:


    Well I took the leap - just ordered a set of J15 MB's with the Modus 120X flex shafts. While I'm not normally someone who can justify keeping 2 sets of irons, the prices you can get on DD's make it more acceptable. Not sure if I'll sell the CB's or just keep both. Leaning towards keeping both right now, but I wont rush into that decision.



    Figure if I don't love the 120X's, i can either flip them with the DG Pro's in the CB's or try something new. I have the 120 in my wedge and really like it there.



    Even though its still winter in Michigan, I cant wait to get these in my hands! As much as I like the CB's, I miss playing MB's at least in the shorter irons.




    Where at in Michigan? I play the MB's as well




    I live in Chesterfield and work in Dearborn. Detroit area. You?




    The exact opposite side of the state lol Kalamazoo
    Posted:
  • etrichardsetrichards Members  358WRX Points: 60Posts: 358 Greens
    Joined:  #2375
    Well - if early returns are any indication....as much as I liked the J15 CB's I think they are going up for sale. Absolutely loving the J15 MB's on the range for 3 sessions. I'll wait until I actually get on a course before putting the CB's up for sale, but I am very impressed with the MB's. They are much better than I expected on my normal miss (slight toe hit). Really looking forward to the season with these!
    Posted:
  • Chandler96Chandler96 Members  119WRX Points: 0Posts: 119
    Joined:  #2376
    I have a nice set of MB's up for trade on the bst
    Posted:
  • trueyoung85trueyoung85 HAIL Members  158WRX Points: 30Handicap: 3.8Posts: 158 Fairways
    Joined:  #2377
    Are the J15 CBs taper tip or parallel tip? I thought these were taper tips but couldn't confirm it online.
    Posted:
    ping-small.jpgG400 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 60S
    ping-small.jpgG400 14.5* Kuro Kage XM 70 S
    ping-small.jpgG400 Hybrid 19* Tour 85 S
    ping-small.jpgi200 4, iblade 5~PW Steelfiber i95R or Srixon z565 4~6, z765 7~AW Steelfiber i95S
    ping-small.jpgGlide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, Glide 58ES
    ping-small.jpgKetsch Heavy 34 Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0 Countercore
    ping-small.jpgHoofer 14
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BlakeBstoneBlakeBstone Members  2422WRX Points: 64Handicap: +2.1Posts: 2,422 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2378
    Taper tip
    Posted:
    My Bag
    Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
    TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
    Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
    Titleist SM6 52,54,60
    odyssey big T
  • DNice26DNice26 Members  4212WRX Points: 167Posts: 4,212 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2379
    Hope all are doing well. Think I've decided to drop my J15 CBs (C-Tapers). I just don't love the turf interaction with them in the mid and shorter irons. Switching back to my MP68s until I can find something better: thinking of trying MP-25s, MP5s or TMBs. We'll see.
    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5, Diamana D+ 7X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade SIM Ti 19, Diamana BF Blue 8X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    Mizuno 919 Tour, KBS $-Taper, X (ssx1) 
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

    TaylorMade Ardmore 3, 35"

    https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members  5708WRX Points: 218Posts: 5,708 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2380
    I am not using j15's anymore either. I was set to buy a set of mp25...love the turf interaction, shape, launch and trajectory....but I found a set of tc888 for an awesome deal and snagged those to try.
    Posted:
  • jgolfinjgolfin Members  448WRX Points: 79Posts: 448 Greens
    Joined:  edited Mar 27, 2016 #2381
    The J15 CB are getting ready to start the season with me. Who else is putting these irons in play again?
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Titleist TS3 9.5 Oban Kiyoshi 65 04
    Srixon F45 15* KK stiff
    Ping Anser Hybrid 20*
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-pw Nippon 1050
    SM7 50* wedge c-taper
    Nike Engage 54 & 58 wedges c-taper
    Nike Method 04w
    Bridgestone US Open Bag
    Bushnell Z6
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 27, 2016 #2382
    jgolfin wrote:


    The J15 CB are getting ready to start the season with me. Who putting these irons in play again?




    Season 2 for me. Adjusting the lofts / lies a bit, but I see these in the bag for at least 2 more seasons.
    Posted:



  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mws82mws82 Members  572WRX Points: 78Posts: 572 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2383
    They are great and not leaving my bag any time soon.
    Posted:
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2384
    DNice26 wrote:


    Hope all are doing well. Think I've decided to drop my J15 CBs (C-Tapers). I just don't love the turf interaction with them in the mid and shorter irons. Switching back to my MP68s until I can find something better: thinking of trying MP-25s, MP5s or TMBs. We'll see.




    Hmmm what didn't you like. I'm gaming them with C-Taper and they stayed in the bag specifically for the turf interaction lol
    Posted:



  • kooch1221kooch1221 Members  775WRX Points: 119Posts: 775 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2385
    jgolfin wrote:


    The J15 CB are getting ready to start the season with me. Who else is putting these irons in play again?




    I just returned my test drive kit. I really liked everything about them except the sole grind. Im settling iffy about that part but im willing to give them a go and will still likely order a set this week. Im waiting to hear back from bridgestonegolf about some questions regarding the build and available options.
    Posted:
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2763WRX Points: 132Handicap: 7Posts: 2,763 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2386
    The only set i would consider is mph5/mp25. Just changed the dgpro s300 to ctaperlite. New grips and new red ferrules. They are not going anywhere. But i have to admit that im rotating the 4 iron j15/ 4iron mph5 and ping i25 hybrid at 22*. Cant wait fir the season to start.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*


    PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

    project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

    Lajosi Dd201

    A dream bag
  • th6252th6252 Members  1309WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,309 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2387
    C-rad wrote:


    The only set i would consider is mph5/mp25. Just changed the dgpro s300 to ctaperlite. New grips and new red ferrules. They are not going anywhere. But i have to admit that im rotating the 4 iron j15/ 4iron mph5 and ping i25 hybrid at 22*. Cant wait fir the season to start.




    Curious as to what kinda change the switch to CTL made to your ballflight. Considering a shaft swap myself from DGP, and the CTL and FLTD are on my short list. Looking for just a touch higher flight and spin.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DNice26DNice26 Members  4212WRX Points: 167Posts: 4,212 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2388
    BearQ wrote:

    DNice26 wrote:


    Hope all are doing well. Think I've decided to drop my J15 CBs (C-Tapers). I just don't love the turf interaction with them in the mid and shorter irons. Switching back to my MP68s until I can find something better: thinking of trying MP-25s, MP5s or TMBs. We'll see.




    Hmmm what didn't you like. I'm gaming them with C-Taper and they stayed in the bag specifically for the turf interaction lol




    Different strokes I suppose. Perhaps it is the shafts.....we'll see, I'm in the process of re-shafting the 4-iron with a PX 6.5 ss1.
    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5, Diamana D+ 7X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade SIM Ti 19, Diamana BF Blue 8X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    Mizuno 919 Tour, KBS $-Taper, X (ssx1) 
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

    TaylorMade Ardmore 3, 35"

    https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2763WRX Points: 132Handicap: 7Posts: 2,763 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2389
    th6252 wrote:
    C-rad wrote:


    The only set i would consider is mph5/mp25. Just changed the dgpro s300 to ctaperlite. New grips and new red ferrules. They are not going anywhere. But i have to admit that im rotating the 4 iron j15/ 4iron mph5 and ping i25 hybrid at 22*. Cant wait fir the season to start.




    Curious as to what kinda change the switch to CTL made to your ballflight. Considering a shaft swap myself from DGP, and the CTL and FLTD are on my short list. Looking for just a touch higher flight and spin.
    for me: the weight loss in the shaft with ctaper lite vs dg help me with my tempo. But i can still go hard at it if i want. Which never happen. Yeah it is a touch higher but a touch less spin in my case. I feel i control the ball so much more better. Definetely more suited to my swing. Plus they just look even better than they were.

    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*


    PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

    project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

    Lajosi Dd201

    A dream bag
  • Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members  497WRX Points: 73Posts: 497 Greens
    Joined:  #2390
    Looked up ordering these from Bridgestone then saw some great deals on eBay but not the exact shafts I wanted maybe I'll wait for some ho to get tired of his. eBay pricing on these are half the price
    Posted:
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2763WRX Points: 132Handicap: 7Posts: 2,763 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2391
    Looked up ordering these from Bridgestone then saw some great deals on eBay but not the exact shafts I wanted maybe I'll wait for some ho to get tired of his. eBay pricing on these are half the price
    many times i see a set pop up the bst at a great price.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*


    PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

    project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

    Lajosi Dd201

    A dream bag
  • MH2MH2 Grande Prairie ABMembers  489WRX Points: 90Handicap: 7Posts: 489 Greens
    Joined:  edited Apr 10, 2016 #2392
    What would be a fair price to ask for a 4-pw set in very good to extremely good condition?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • rennsport27rennsport27 Members  145WRX Points: 1Posts: 145 Bunkers
    Joined:  #2393
    jgolfin wrote:


    The J15 CB are getting ready to start the season with me. Who else is putting these irons in play again?


    Picked them up late last year, so I haven't had a full season with them yet, but I suspect they'll be there for many full seasons, love the feel.
    Posted:
  • GrimGrim Members  556WRX Points: 0Posts: 556
    Joined:  #2394
    Still gaming the J40 CBs and love them, but just curious to those of you that have upgraded....am I missing anything?



    The J40 CBs are forgiving enough and I can still work the ball plus the profile looks nice to the eye until the 4 iron. That's when I can see the back sticking out at address. That is my only complaint.
    Posted:
  • scottleoscottleo Long Island, NYMembers  1235WRX Points: 119Handicap: 5.4Posts: 1,235 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2395
    Grim wrote:


    Still gaming the J40 CBs and love them, but just curious to those of you that have upgraded....am I missing anything?



    The J40 CBs are forgiving enough and I can still work the ball plus the profile looks nice to the eye until the 4 iron. That's when I can see the back sticking out at address. That is my only complaint.


    I'm currently playing the J40's as well, this will be my 2nd season with them. I tried the j15 cb's and the DF through the test drive all with steel fiber shafts. Thought the J40's were the best out of the 3 for me.
    Posted:
    Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 6s
    Rogue 17* GDIZ 7s
    Titleist H1 3H & 5H GDDI 85s
    Srixon 565/765 5-AW N.S. Pro Modus 105s
    Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M N.S.Pro Modus Wedge 115
    Bettinardi Queen B8
    Taylormade TP5X/Chrome SoftX
  • DNice26DNice26 Members  4212WRX Points: 167Posts: 4,212 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2396
    DNice26 wrote:

    BearQ wrote:

    DNice26 wrote:


    Hope all are doing well. Think I've decided to drop my J15 CBs (C-Tapers). I just don't love the turf interaction with them in the mid and shorter irons. Switching back to my MP68s until I can find something better: thinking of trying MP-25s, MP5s or TMBs. We'll see.




    Hmmm what didn't you like. I'm gaming them with C-Taper and they stayed in the bag specifically for the turf interaction lol




    Different strokes I suppose. Perhaps it is the shafts.....we'll see, I'm in the process of re-shafting the 4-iron with a PX 6.5 ss1.




    Have not made it to the course yet, but after three range sessions, I'm loving the PX 6.5 ssx1 in the 4 iron. Had I not just had the set done with Ctapers, I would absolutely have done them up with the PXs.
    Posted:

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5, Diamana D+ 7X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade SIM Ti 19, Diamana BF Blue 8X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    Mizuno 919 Tour, KBS $-Taper, X (ssx1) 
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

    TaylorMade Ardmore 3, 35"

    https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

  • kooch1221kooch1221 Members  775WRX Points: 119Posts: 775 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2397
    Just ordered a set of J15CB with nippon modus 120X with a pair of MD3 wedges. First new set for me in a long time.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mws82mws82 Members  572WRX Points: 78Posts: 572 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2398
    You will love them
    Posted:
  • 2puttchris2puttchris Members  288WRX Points: 0Posts: 288
    Joined:  #2399
    So i was thinking about picking up some J15 irons, was looking at the DPF or the CB 's. Did anyone else narrow it down to these two and which one did you end up going with and why ?
    Posted:
  • buckeyevalleybuckeyevalley Members  435WRX Points: 97Posts: 435 Greens
    Joined:  #2400
    Does anyone know how much the club head weighs on the J15 1 hybrid?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TMelectricTMelectric When in doubt, buy both Members  3277WRX Points: 36Handicap: UpPosts: 3,277 Bunkers
    Joined:  #2401
    Well guys, it's been no secret that I love the J15 cb's. Been playing them the longest of any set I have owned. Being a golfing ho,I have tried lots of different irons to try to knock them out of my bag. Not sure why but it is an addiction. But the J15's always came through. The toughest competitor was the 716 cb's. They were great. But not better.



    But I feel like I might have found a new winner. I just picked up a set of Bridgestone J015 cb's. Can't wait to get them. I see an epic battle between the two sets in the future. Has anyone here played the J015's and what did you think?
    Posted:
    Mizuno JPX 900 driver
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
    Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
    Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
    Mizuno MP A303 putter
84

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.