John Feinstein is an idiot

Diesel_z06

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feinstein is a clown.

Im not a Tiger fan but Feinstein always harbors ill will towards him, guess he's mad Tiger wouldn't let him write a book with him.

Cobra King F6
Callaway X Hot Pro 15* AxivCore Black
Adams Super S 19* TM JetSpeed 4H
Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-GW Project X LZ
Cleveland RTX CB 56* & 60*
Cameron Newport 2

[quote name='gatorb8' timestamp='1416354291' post='10469275']
Feinstein is a clown.

Im not a Tiger fan but Feinstein always harbors ill will towards him, guess he's mad Tiger wouldn't let him write a book with him.
[/quote]

I think their feud, at least according to Feinstein anyway, goes back to him writing an opinion piece about Tiger skipping a tournament earlier in his career which IIRC seemed a bit excessive and harsh. Tiger taking exception to it and sending his goons to Golf Digest and asking them to fire Feinstein or he would not ever collaberate with them

i'm guessing that's a possible reason, it seems plausible

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='sharkiesj' timestamp='1416373656' post='10470755']
Feinstein is a complete tool. He has no f'n business being on TV. Stick to your books and stay off the air. God, every time I see him on TV pontificating about righteousness I want to vomit. Then I wanna get my shotgun and blow my flat screen up in a million pieces.

Can't stand that guy..
[/quote]

Please do both of these and report back. Preferably with pictures.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

[quote name='sharkiesj' timestamp='1416373656' post='10470755']
Feinstein is a complete tool. He has no f'n business being on TV. Stick to your books and stay off the air. God, every time I see him on TV pontificating about righteousness I want to vomit. Then [size=6][b]I wanna get my shotgun and blow my flat screen up in a million pieces.[/b][/size]

Can't stand that guy..
[/quote]

Do it.

I think he's a brilliant writer, and he makes no bones about the fact that he's biased (unlike Brandel).

He has a "beef" with Tiger from way back when, and he mentions that his views are influenced by whatever took place.

I appreciate the fact that you know what you're getting from him when it comes to his Tiger view point. And I'm a Tiger fan. Then again, I'm a Lakers' fan and I like Bill Simmons...

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1416377357' post='10470901']
[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1416375787' post='10470847']
I used to love it when he did his weekly visit on the Tony Cornheiser radio show and they would bicker. Tony had a good show. I miss it.

Kevin
[/quote]

I agree Feinstein has a great face for radio.
[/quote]

As does Kornheiser.

He is clearly biased against Woods which I always thought journalists should be impartial. Also and no offense meant - I am no handsome dude but if you are going to be on tv so much - get some work done on your teeth. You know he has the money.

I like his radio show much better than his golf channel appearances. He comes off as a hater on tv.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1416376981' post='10470883']
Fuzzy, Feinstein, Jenkins and Tiger in a foursome. Now I'd pay to see that. :D
[/quote]

You forgot to add other interesting foursome candidates, like:

Shipnuck
Bamberger
Haney
Butchie and/or Butchie's wife
Fluff
Stevie
Poults
Elin
TMZ
etc.

I wonder why Tom Rinaldi got the call to do TW's SS Interview. Tim Rosaforte also gets an occasional invite into the inner circle.

The incredible self-rightous bitter attitude of certain people in the golf media is nauseating and getting really old. We get it, when Tiger was the only story in golf he refused to talk to these guys and made it harder for them to do their jobs. Now their going to take every opportunity to rip him and get a little pay back.

Feinstein was just on Morning Drive and listening to him talk is so infuriating. Its a broken record. You know what hes going to say every time. He said Tiger was wrong 5 years ago after the scandal to decline an interview request from Dan Jenkins and he should never of said no. So, this is pay back?[size=4] The article btw was completely not funny and nothing more then a personal attack.[/size][size=4] Feinstein also defended the golf writers babying of Phil Mickelson by saying he makes himself available to them and talks to them when Tiger doesnt. Are these guys 12 years old? So, Phil is nice to them so therefore they will only write glowing words about him?[/size]

The only part I will agree with Feinstein on is that Tiger shouldnt of responded and that he made it a bigger deal by doing so. As much of a legend in the golf community Dan Jenkins is 99% of people have never heard of him or would never of read the article unless Tiger brought it up.

I hope if Tiger is able to figure it out and starts winning again and possibly wins another major and the ratings double and he becomes possibly the biggest story in all of sports that he continues to shun these golf writers. I hope their all left standing there with their pen in their hands crying because he wont talk to them.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1416372065' post='10470671']
John Feinstein is one of the best, most respected, sports journalists alive.[/quote]

...and it's really not even a close vote. Most of his peers respect him. Most of the public tunes in to hear his educated, and insightful views on sports.

He and I don't always agree, but he's clearly one of several at the top of this field.

[quote name='ea19' timestamp='1416401725' post='10471301']
He is clearly biased against Woods which [i][b]I always thought journalists should be impartial[/b][/i]. Also and no offense meant - I am no handsome dude but if you are going to be on tv so much - get some work done on your teeth. You know he has the money.

I like his radio show much better than his golf channel appearances. He comes off as a hater on tv.
[/quote]

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I used to love it when he did his weekly visit on the Tony Cornheiser radio show and they would bicker. Tony had a good show. I miss it.

Kevin
[/quote]

[/quote]

Its too bad he couldn't keep that radio job.

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/14/john-feinstein-on-the-end-of-his-cbs-sports-radio-program/"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/14/john-feinstein-on-the-end-of-his-cbs-sports-radio-program/[/url]

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

[quote name='Waterboy' timestamp='1416406508' post='10471595']

Kevin
[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/14/john-feinstein-on-the-end-of-his-cbs-sports-radio-program/"]http://www.washingto...-radio-program/[/url]
[/quote]

Link doesn't work. If Tony still has a show, it's no longer syndicated in my neck of the Tiger Woods like it once was.

I don't have any problem with Feinstein's dislike of Woods. I read an article from him a number of years ago where he explained their grudge and it makes plenty of sense to me. At least the guy isn't refusing to acknowledge Woods' actual accomplishments on the golf course as Jenkins has done repeatedly over the last 20 years. Journalists are supposed to have some objectivity and I believe Feinstein has shown plenty of that in his career, but I think Jenkins is more of an opinion writer than a journalist.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1416410825' post='10471985']
[quote name='Waterboy' timestamp='1416406508' post='10471595']

Kevin
[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/14/john-feinstein-on-the-end-of-his-cbs-sports-radio-program/"]http://www.washingto...-radio-program/[/url]
[/quote]

Link doesn't work. If Tony still has a show, it's no longer syndicated in my neck of the Tiger Woods like it once was.
[/quote]

Kornheiser is on, at least locally (DC), 92.7FM at 10am, I think.

Feinstein refered to Vance Heafner as a Wake Forest golfer in one of his books. Only problem is that Haefner played at NC State. As a writer, and someone with ACC ties, that is a mistake he shouldn't have made. Following that, I've had a hard time believing anything taking Feinstein says seriously. I don't mind reporters calling them like they see them, but guys like Feinstein, Chamblee, and Jenkins that seem to have an axe to grind, and use their position to do so, should be writing for the Enquirer.

John isn't a "reporter " he's a columnist. He writes opinion pieces. That's at least as grave an error in knowing what you're talking about than getting some guys Alma mater mixed up. And since your using his profession to inform your lowly opinion then share it, I think a greater onus is on you to get that right. The distinction isn't a minor one.

I don't have a problem criticizing Dan Jenkins piece on its content but it certainly has the fanboy sycophant contingent just falling to pieces. Hardly a word about it, then Tiger responds and now this explosion of outrage.

Marching orders given, marching orders received.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Thank you for the correction. I shouldn't have used the word "reporter", since reporting seems to imply truth and accuracy in relaying facts. I guess columnists are free to either make up, or interpret facts as they choose. My apologies to reporters. New marching orders!

[quote name='caniac6' timestamp='1416420255' post='10472971']
Thank you for the correction. I shouldn't have used the word "reporter", since reporting seems to imply truth and accuracy in relaying facts. I guess columnists are free to either make up, or interpret facts as they choose. My apologies to reporters. New marching orders!
[/quote]

I myself wasn't aware of the fact based distinction between the two..sort of fiction and non fiction sections in the book store... I always know which section I like better there..now I guess I do other places as well

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If you like Tiger Woods, you dislike the piece. If you dislike him, it's all in good fun. If you are a journalist you defend your own and have no problem with it-it's satire, lighten up. Fellow players will need to protect their own and say it's in bad taste as it pokes fun at his personal struggles.
Problem is, I didn't laugh even once, felt it wasn't funny at all, and simply rehashed stuff that has been joked about with Tiger for several years already. Nothing was new at all.
Just stupid in so many ways that we need to debate this at all imo. Stupid a respected member of the media would write a piece this boring and unnecessary and stupid that we all fall for it and provide it publicity.

I did find the conversation on Morning Drive rather humorous. I was SHOCKED when Feinstein defended the piece. He makes it pretty clear Tiger is too full of himself and feels he is above everyone, ie doesn't give media requests any thought, then turns and says that Tiger more or less should have kissed the ring of Dan Jenkins and done any interview he asked for, like nobody has a right to deny this Hall of Fame journalist his requests.

It was pretty clear the golfers on the panel felt it was way off base. In the end it just wasn't a very entertaining piece. The funniest part of the whole thing imo is that a large golf publication hired someone to dress up in a Tiger outfit and pose for that stupid picture!