John Feinstein is an idiot

Comments

• dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all the people who are whining about Fienstien being a whiner feeling at least a wee bit hypocritical?

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • matthewsivmatthewsiv Members Posts: 642
    Basically the article was supposed to be funny , but it was too close to the truth .

They just said what everyone was saying behind Tiger's back .

Tiger getting his own medicine when he is down.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to Feinstein's latest feelings about Eldrick:

http://feinstein.radio.cbssports.com/2014/06/25/john-feinstein-blog-tiger-woods-never-a-truly-happy-person/

A lot more fair and well written than that ridiculous satire of late.
  • nochct1nochct1 Members Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    matthewsiv wrote:

Basically the article was supposed to be funny , but it was too close to the truth .

I disagree. I think it lacked humor because every "joke" was about 5 years old. It reminded me of some of the stupid jokes on these forums. Nobody laughs at the Perkins waitress jokes because they're old. Nobody laughs when people make fun of Phil's man **** because it's just not a funny joke. Even the Dustin Johnson coke jokes are getting old.

Imagine 5 years from now someone decides to do an "interview" w Dustin Johnson and they write about his womanizing and coke use. Maybe even talk about DUIs and buying bullets when he was a teenager. Would it be funny? Or would it be sad to write about things that are 5 years old.

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    matthewsiv wrote:

Would you rather read finestine

Or watch Tiger Woods play golf?
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,283 ClubWRX
    Can't stand Feinstein, but he is right, a **** could have navigated Tiger through the 2009 fiasco better than Mark Steinberg.
  • rafalrafal Members Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Can't stand Feinstein, but he is right, a **** could have navigated Tiger through the 2009 fiasco better than Mark Steinberg.

He navigated his own DUI just fine.
    TM M4 10.5* Matrix Ozik HD6 S
    TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S
    TM M4 Rescue 3
    TM R15 Rescue 5 PXi 5.5
    Titleist AP2 5-P PXi 5.5
    PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
    TM DLL+ 34.5"
  • HackerVanceHackerVance Members Posts: 1,051
    Keep Feinstein, Jenkins, and Tiger off TV. I'd rather see Kate Upton.
  • thekruthekru HeadSteady Members Posts: 828
    edited Nov 20, 2014 #40
    I thought the Feinstein article was much more negative about Tiger than Jenkins. I can't believe Tiger's panties weren't all in a mess about this one.
  • Yellow JacketYellow Jacket Members Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Musky wrote:

Musky wrote:

I used to love it when he did his weekly visit on the Tony Cornheiser radio show and they would bicker. Tony had a good show. I miss it.

Kevin

I agree Feinstein has a great face for radio.

As does Kornheiser.

Tony Kornheiser is a national treasure.
    915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy 70TX
    915F 15* Diamana D+PLUS 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic 90TX
    716MB 4-PW X100
    SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
    Bullseye Flange

• CBRADGOCBRADGO Members Posts: 1,368 ✭✭
    Kornheiser is a saint...

I got it: Feinstein - Jenkins - Woods 3 way death match in a cage, Tilghman is ring girl with cankle tats and Goose breath. Notah and Chamblee ringside announce. Someone make it happen. We could make thousands...
    TaylorMade M5 10.5* Atmos Black 6x TS
    TaylorMade M5 15* Pro 2.0 7x
    915Hd 2H & 3H Speeder 904HB X
    TaylorMade P790, 4-P DG 105 Stiff
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50SB, 54SB, 60 Hi Toe
    TaylorMade DJ Spider 34" UST Frequency Filtered
    TP5X
  • GemGem Members Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    matthewsiv wrote:

I agree with your feelings here.

I just didn't think it was a great article but Tiger looks a bit sad and desparate in replying to it.

Now that Tiger is on the decline more and more people are not letting him away with his terrible attitude and his bullying of the golf press into reporting on his terms or be cut out in future.

I am a definite Tiger hater these days so find it hard to give him the benefit now although I used to root for him every event. Just got a bit fed up with his stinking attitude to everyone.
    TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
    TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
    Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
    Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
    Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 KBS 610 S+
    Callaway MD 2 58 KBS 610 S+

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.
  • MuskyMusky Members Posts: 1,532 ✭✭
    Gem wrote:

matthewsiv wrote:

I agree with your feelings here.

I just didn't think it was a great article but Tiger looks a bit sad and desparate in replying to it.

Now that Tiger is on the decline more and more people are not letting him away with his terrible attitude and his bullying of the golf press into reporting on his terms or be cut out in future.

I am a definite Tiger hater these days so find it hard to give him the benefit now although I used to root for him every event. Just got a bit fed up with his stinking attitude to everyone.

It's a process. Once he gets the speed of the greens figured out, I'm sure his attitude will improve.
  • wingedfoot97wingedfoot97 Members Posts: 868 ✭✭
    I love some Feinstein and hope he has another book out soon. You ever read A Civil War? Its about Army/Navy football and the patriots that play that game. To top all that off his golf books are awesome!
    Titleist CB irons 3-PW
    Vokey Wedges
    Odyssey putter
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    caniac6 wrote:

Feinstein refered to Vance Heafner as a Wake Forest golfer in one of his books. Only problem is that Haefner played at NC State. As a writer, and someone with ACC ties, that is a mistake he shouldn't have made. Following that, I've had a hard time believing anything taking Feinstein says seriously. I don't mind reporters calling them like they see them, but guys like Feinstein, Chamblee, and Jenkins that seem to have an axe to grind, and use their position to do so, should be writing for the Enquirer.
    You are exactly correct about Vance Heafner he played for N C State and Richard Sykes was the coach. My dad was great friends with Vance's dad Clayton.

As far as when Feinstein comes on I have several options --- My Direct TV has I don't know how many channels I also have a mute button and last option the off button!!! Cant afford to get drastic with the shotgun bit to the flatscreen though I have several good working shotguns so I use the least expensive option

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

• CrabDaddyCrabDaddy Members Posts: 2,034
    KYMAR wrote:
    John isn't a "reporter " he's a columnist. He writes opinion pieces.

To clarify, Feinstein is currently a columnist, but was a beat reporter for the Washington Post. I don't think you stop reporting accurately just because you're in a position to give your opinion.
    Ping i25 10.5* Tour 65S
    TEE XCG 14* Motore Speeder
    Ping i15 19*, 23* hy TFC800
    Mizuno MP62 5-PW KBS Tour
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line
  • KYMARKYMAR Members Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Nov 28, 2014 #48
    CrabDaddy wrote:

KYMAR wrote:

To clarify, Feinstein is currently a columnist, but was a beat reporter for the Washington Post. I don't think you stop reporting accurately just because you're in a position to give your opinion.

What have you clarified exactly? So he was a reporter a decade or two ago? Thats relevant how? Hes not reporting information, he's commenting on information that's known based on how he sees it. The lip smacking Tiger sycophants can't stand the fact that he doesn't share their "kneel and worship" opinion which leads to asinine statements like the title of this thread. It isn't that I think he's so awesome, in fact I've disagreed with him about a lot over the years about far more things than golf, But his intelligence and accomplishments being dismissed by some butt hurt, swoosh adorned, man crushing tiger fans on the internet is frankly amusing. You know, as long as we're clarifying things.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
    Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
    Hybrid undecided
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
    Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
    White Hot 6 Long Neck
  • CrabDaddyCrabDaddy Members Posts: 2,034
    edited Nov 28, 2014 #49
    KYMAR wrote:
    CrabDaddy wrote:

KYMAR wrote:

He's not reporting information, he's commenting on information that's known based on how he sees it.

He's not breaking stories, but being accurate about what he's commenting on is kind of important. A reporter needs not to be subjective, and a good commentator still has objectivity even with a strong opinion. I think he has lost some of the objectivity he had when writing some of his better books, like "Season on the Brink".

And, to say he gathers no information would not be accurate.

... some butt hurt, swoosh adorned, man crushing tiger fans on the internet...

Yikes! LMAO, you must have me confused with somebody else.
    Ping i25 10.5* Tour 65S
    TEE XCG 14* Motore Speeder
    Ping i15 19*, 23* hy TFC800
    Mizuno MP62 5-PW KBS Tour
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line
  • KYMARKYMAR Members Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Nov 28, 2014 #50
    CrabDaddy wrote:

KYMAR wrote:
    CrabDaddy wrote:

KYMAR wrote:

He's not reporting information, he's commenting on information that's known based on how he sees it.

He's not breaking stories, but being accurate about what he's commenting on is kind of important. A reporter needs not to be subjective, and a good commentator still has objectivity even with a strong opinion. I think he has lost some of the objectivity he had when writing some of his better books, like "Season on the Brink".

And, to say he gathers no information would not be accurate.

... some butt hurt, swoosh adorned, man crushing tiger fans on the internet...

Yikes! LMAO, you must have me confused with somebody else.

no i wasn't referencing you there. The comment you made was honest add not gratuitous. But are you're saying he's just making stuff up when you question his objectivity ? I don't think objectivity requires that he balances himself out in some way by offering some weak insincere praise.

Also, I didn't say he didn't collect information, I said its not his job to dispense it. I'm fine with disagreeing with his or anyone else's opinion. Im not fine when no dissenting opinion is offered on what he actually says, but is limited just brilliant retorts like he's fat, he's ugly, he has bad teeth. these are the same people calling HIM stupid? My God.
    Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
    Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
    Hybrid undecided
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
    Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
    White Hot 6 Long Neck
  • Chief CowpieChief Cowpie Members Posts: 614
    Tiger's counter insurgency measures against unfavorable media all hinges upon his ability to hit a golf ball again.
  • Joe85Joe85 Members Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I just take one look at him and his smug attitude and know he couldn't swing a club to save his life (same with that Damon Hack).

He should not be on TV, let alone on golf TV, but he has his credentials to give him those sorts of passes. The guy looks like a 50 'capper.
    Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
    MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
  • HighSpeedSceneHighSpeedScene Banned Posts: 3,183 ✭✭
    Joe85 wrote:

I just take one look at him and his smug attitude and know he couldn't swing a club to save his life (same with that Damon Hack).

He should not be on TV, let alone on golf TV, but he has his credentials to give him those sorts of passes. The guy looks like a 50 'capper.

I heard Joe Buck has a mid-90s fastball, plus curve and change up, and good pitch selection - also top quartile first to third speed.

Oh, that doesn't matter?

Weird - seems to matter for golf commentary...
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Musky wrote:

Waterboy wrote:

Musky wrote:

I used to love it when he did his weekly visit on the Tony Cornheiser radio show and they would bicker. Tony had a good show. I miss it.

Kevin

I agree Feinstein has a great face for radio.

Its too bad he couldn't keep that radio job.

http://www.washingto...-radio-program/

Link doesn't work. If Tony still has a show, it's no longer syndicated in my neck of the Tiger Woods like it once was.

Tony has a podcast now.
  • Petunia SprinklePetunia Sprinkle Future King of France Unregistered Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy, Rosaforte, and the like, would be more palatable were they to present their outsiders' wild guesses as such, or even as suspicions, rather than as insider insights.

Joe85 wrote:

I heard Joe Buck has a mid-90s fastball, plus curve and change up, and good pitch selection - also top quartile first to third speed.

Oh, that doesn't matter?

Feinstein has no ground to be commenting on golf.

Seriously, what is it? Oh, he has none. Thank you.
    Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
    Joe85 wrote:

Joe85 wrote:

Oh, that doesn't matter?

Who qualifies, in your opinion?

Joe85 wrote:

Joe85 wrote:

Oh, that doesn't matter?

Not that bag of s***!

I'm more qualified to talk golf than Feinstein.
    Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
    Well, I can't argue with logic like that. Well, I could, but I stopped acting like that when I was a child.
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Feinstein is very good at looking beyond hero worship.

Jenkins is hung up on Hogan and, after seeing him in Dead Solid Perfect, is a dirty old man. Besides anything he says about tiger is tainted . He is still a good writer.
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe85 wrote:

Joe85 wrote:

Joe85 wrote:

Oh, that doesn't matter?

Not that bag of s***!I'm more qualified to talk golf than Feinstein.

Joe you sound a little full of yourself. But don't we all.
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file