2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Nike One Platinum

GolfWRX

The Platinum Nike One: allows serious players to apply variable loads to the ball still get superior action on every shot: high-speed, high-energy tee shots, even-tempo irons, touch shots with the wedge, smooth rolls to the cup. Versatile. Consistent. Really Long.

4 Piece Construction

Injection molded TPU Cover

408 Seamless Dimple Pattern

Mid-High Penetrating Trajectory

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing this ball since I got my hands on some in April and have been loving it ever since!  I can spin this ball just as much as the Pro V1 and I get a little added distance off the tee.  They are more durable than the Pro V1's and don't (side)spin as much off your driver and longer irons.  In my opinion, this is the best ball out there!!!

65257[/snapback]

What he said.

i tend to put a lot of spin on the ball, but i could control it much better with this ball then the ProV,ProVX, Tour Deep, Hx Tour, Hx Tour 56, Bridgestone Tour B330(s), all the high end balls. Ive tried them all. Im five yards longer of the tee and the ball has less of a draw on all my shots. Its also very durable, I played 16 holes with one yesterday, lost my prov in the water and gave this a try. It didnt shred and was amazing. The Best out there in my opinion.

this ball has very little spin..all i can do is stop it not spin it..over rated..just cuz tiger plays it does not mean that its amazing!!

Probably just your swing because this ball spins if you want it to. Really nice ball with great feel off the irons and putter. A little soft off the driver for me though. Still a very nice performing ball.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i loved this ball on the greens and around them. My favorite thing about them was from 30-60 yard picthes and making the ball have some action, nip or dance. But off the tee I lost distance as well as hit the ball higher with my irons with reduced distance. Tho, tiger uses a prototype I think you need 110mph plus on a regular basis to consider this ball if your playing the tips of a longer course.

[b][i]Titleist 917D3[/i][/b]
[b][i]Titleist 917F3[/i][/b]
[b][i]Titleist [/i]816H1[/b]
[b][i]Titleist 716[/i][/b] [i][b]AP2 [/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Vokey SM6[/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 5[/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Pro V1X[/b][/i]

• 1 month later...

Played the New 2006 PLATINUM today. I was very pleased with the all around performance of this ball.

Drives felt very solid. Flight was perfect! Distance was good but not the best. I am willing to give up 5 to 10 yards because of the performance with the other sticks.

Hybrids were perfect. Flight was perfect. Feel was great! Distance was great.

Long Irons were very good. A great deal of feel. Flight was a little high but distance was the same.

Mid Irons were perfect! Impressive feel and control. Flight was were I needed it to be. Distance was on the number for each of my clubs. Did i mention that the feel was great?

Wedges were just right. I thought I was playing with a wound ball. Spin if you want, stand still if you want, or run it up if you want.

Flat Stick. Once again I thought I was playing a wound ball. SOOOOOOOOOO soft and true.

I have tried every ball. Every other ball had at least one category that I didn't like. This ball seems to be everything rolled into one. I am very impressed with the 2006 ball. I would rate the old Platinum a 6. The new one gets a 9.8. Give it a try, you might just like this ball.

For the people that can tell a difference in golf balls... Is 4piece construction where it's at? I can usually tell a good ball from a rock, but I can't tell a 4piece from a 3piece.

What is it that makes them stand out? I don't know if I want to pay 20bucks more for a Nike ONE than a decent price for a Mojo, I just can't afford it I spend way to much on clubs and gadgets already (wife would take away my birthday).

I'm just curious because I can't really see a ball from 150plus spin or check very good. I can make them stop I see some movement, but I guess I don't have enough action to tell a difference.

I guess it comes down to durability? For me... I would give the ONE's a shot but I think I need to become a better golfer first.

• 1 month later...

After playing it for the first time, here are my findings:

Distance:Actually same distance/even a little less distance than the Prov1 and z-urs for me

Spin:For me, it just stopped, no spin at all, but at least it stopped

Softness:I didnt notice it being overly soft, I would say it is right in between the Prov1 and the Z-urs

Pretty solid ball, but for me it offered no advantages for playing it over the ProV1 or the Z-URs

-Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

I found to be a alot better off of the driver then most high end balls. Very little side spin which lead to a more consistent trajectory and shot shape. The ball still had enough spin off the short irons to stop the ball and not worry about how much spin was going to be one the shot. It's just a great all around ball.

• 1 month later...

I just recently picked up a sleve of these balls after hearing they had been redone for 2006. I must say I am very impressed with them.

I've always been a v1x guy but this ball is slowly starting to win me over. It seems to me that this ball is kind of a hybrid between the prov1 and prov1x, which suits me perfectly. I have a very steep angle of attack with my irons and the v1x just never really spun enough with my short irons, but the regular v1 always spun too much off my driver. Both balls were generally unusable after 10-12 holes in my opinion.. they scuff like theres no tomorrow.

The ONE Platinum however feels great off of my irons and off of the driver as well. The ball really feels like it "pops" off the driver and feels soft off the irons, but not overly soft like some other balls I've played. So far I have had no problems stoppping it on a dime from 150 yards and in, and around the greens it's quite fun as well.

For reference:

My swing speed w/ driver: 112mph avg

HDCP: No official, but I play to about 78-80

• 2 weeks later...

Nice ball but just not for me. Just to much spin for me. I have a pretty agressive swing and could keep it from spinning off the greens. I think if I really spent alot of time working with the platinum it might work but I don't want to change my swing for a golf ball. Also seem to ballon just a hair for me off the driver and my normal draw was nearly a hook. Went back to the one Black and the Ignite balls and am much happier. IF you want spin this is the ball for you. I just want a looong ball with the driver and a hope and stop with the wedge. I don't have a need to spin the ball back 30 feet. Thats my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing this ball for over a year and really like it. It has a good feel to it. Its distance is solid, not the longest ball out there, but goes straight, and flies true. Great around the green, and is a good ball to putt. A sold 9.5 out of 10. There is no such thing as a perfect golf ball. But this is pretty close.

• 11 months later...
Platinum or Black , which has the lower compression ?

Compression is the same for both (90) although is is a bit harder to get the core to compress on the platinum because of the extra layer (4 piece ball) than the black. That's why you hear some posts saying they lose distance of the driver with it. The higher the ss the better with the platinum and if you don't have the ss your ball will drop out of the sky like a lead balloon.

I have just started using this ball, and all I can say is WOW! I have used most premium balls: HX Tour, B330, Z-URS/C, TP Red, but mostly ProV. The Paltinum ball beats them all. A real pop off the driver, perfect ball flight, nice and high, low spin, especially low side spin like others have said. Its just the perfect ball, long and straight off the tee with spin and feel around the green. Most balls advertise that they do this, but the nike one platinum actually does. Another plus like others have said is that it is durable, and it is, although I used it for 16 holes before a big scuff from my 54* spin milled full swing, and it stays WHITE, unlike the yellow pro v's.

Overall can't go wrong, 5 stars for me :tongue:

Just to let you know the prov1(x) is the worst tour balls on the market, the only reason pros play them is because they pay around 5x more, around $5000 without a sponsorship. Launch monitor testing shows the prov1 as the least spinning amoung tour balls the best three are hx 56, b330s, and nike one plat.

Just to let you know the prov1(x) is the worst tour balls on the market, the only reason pros play them is because they pay around 5x more, around $5000 without a sponsorship. Launch monitor testing shows the prov1 as the least spinning amoung tour balls the best three are hx 56, b330s, and nike one plat.

What? Who pays $5000? This makes no sense. Most prov1x players went to the "x" because they wanted less spin. Otherwise they'd just play the prov1 if they wanted more spin.

This was my ball of choice for the past three years. I found that this years model did not perform very well on windy conditions and because of this changed brands

IMO the best performance ball in the nike line was the one gold but it seems the current moojo model - which I play for casual rounds - is also being discontinued.

• 1 month later...

This just could be the BEST ball on the market right now. I used to think the older version of the Pro V1X was on par, except for durability. The new ProV1x just isn't as good as the older version or the Platinum, IMO.

The Platinum even beats the B330 series of golf balls.

Now if they would just lower the price!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 1 month later...

I played this ball two years ago and thought it was great. I always was a Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1X lover. This year I played the V1X for most of the year and actually do think it is an excellent ball. I bought a sleeve of Nike Platinums on a whim a few weeks ago. I really had forgotten how much I liked them.

For me they are longer than the Titleists with the driver and about the same with the iron, but they spin much more with the short irons. You do have to be careful with full wedges. You need to take a little off and drop down a club for back pins. But really you need the most spin for front pins and that's were they excel. They also grab well on chips, which is a characteristic I like. I like the bite and soft release.

I think I will start out next year with these. Nice ball!

• 4 months later...

Awesome ball, i loved it off of long wedges and full shots with low irons the ball checks up VERY nicely. Very easy to control especially from 65 yards in. I lost a little yardage with my irons, maybe 4-5 yards but the extra control is definately worth it. Great Ball!! if you want the 4-5 yards back go with the nike one black its just not going to stop as quick as the platinum...4.5 stars for the platinum.