J13's - WITB - 2020 Irons PODCAST, PICS ADDED pg 101

Comments

• hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers  6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsPosts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    J13 wrote:

Quick update:

So got on the LM real quick and got some numbrs with the Rogue 80TX and Fubuk J and spin is very close, i'm talking within 200rpms of one another. I was averaging around 1900 rpm with the Rogue/DBD setup and 2000 with Fubuki J XX / DBD. Launch with the Fubuki is slightly higher by 1-2* and the carry and totat distance averaged 12 yds FURTHER then the Rogue. Honestly it was surprising to say the least. Now the 80TX is not built for pure distance (obviously otherwise I wouldn't be using an 80g shaft) but it's still surprsing to see that large of a gap. But honestly LM"s oly mean so much especially indoors.

So I snuck in a few holes the other day,, and by a few I mean 3 holes as the weather was 40* with some wind. So anywy I went to the 3rd hole and hit 5 balls a piece with both shafts then went out to inspect the results. Sure enough the best shots with the Fubuki were 12-15yds longer and in a tight grouping. Again I was impressed. Obviously need a lot more time to compare these two but so far I am curiously optimistic that the J is going to give the infamous Rogue 125 a run for it's money.

To be continued after the PGA show where I will test some more goodies image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Dang, that's a pretty impressive improvement.
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer  3262WRX Points: 295Posts: 3,262 Marshals
    Wow, that is a big improvement. Do you think moving down to a Rogue 60X tipped would add some distance and be closer to the Fubuki.
    Posted:
    Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • FAbbFAbb Members  16514WRX Points: 1,807Posts: 16,514 Titanium Tees
    The J is money! Glad to see it's standing toe-to-toe with the big dog so far.

Any plans to mess around with the G30 LS?
    Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16251WRX Points: 1,252Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,251 Titanium Tees
    Hayzoos and Knudso - it is a great improvement but it's early. As for the 60TX Rogue, I had one and I think it would be pretty close but still wouldn't launch as high as the J.

AbbVT - It's a great driver shaft and it will be interesting to see what kind of play it gets. Not a cheap shaft but man it's so smooth. Makes the Rogue feel like a board. Yes I actually hit the G30 LS today down here at the PGA Show demo day. Great head for sure. Didn't get numbers but great flight and compared to the G30 I'd say by eye it's a little lower in flight and doesn't balloon like the G30 can. Still loud though lol
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

J13 wrote:

AbbVT - It's a great driver shaft and it will be interesting to see what kind of play it gets. Not a cheap shaft but man it's so smooth. Makes the Rogue feel like a board. Yes I actually hit the G30 LS today down here at the PGA Show demo day. Great head for sure. Didn't get numbers but great flight and compared to the G30 I'd say by eye it's a little lower in flight and doesn't balloon like the G30 can. Still loud though lol

It's a great feeling shaft for sure, and definitely not cheap! I've got a more human swing speed (low-mid 100s) and transition, so I was fit into a 50 gram stiff flex last spring. It was crazy coming from playing 70s weight driver shafts in stiffer flex to the J50 stiff and watching my dispersion get tighter.

Good to hear about the LS as well. I've got one on order to fight it out with my Anser.
    Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16251WRX Points: 1,252Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,251 Titanium Tees
    AbbVT24 wrote:

J13 wrote:

It's a great feeling shaft for sure, and definitely not cheap! I've got a more human swing speed (low-mid 100s) and transition, so I was fit into a 50 gram stiff flex last spring. It was crazy coming from playing 70s weight driver shafts in stiffer flex to the J50 stiff and watching my dispersion get tighter.

Good to hear about the LS as well. I've got one on order to fight it out with my Anser.

Wow to go to a 50g shaft and notice better dispersion is a god send. I think the LS is not as low in the spin department as the anser but it's 10x's more forgiving then it. Be interested to hear how it goes.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
    Yeah, the J has been nothing short of phenomenal for me. I ordered the Tour 65 in the LS, just to try it out, but I'm 99% sure the J is getting pulled from the old PING adapter and installed in a new one. From your description, it sounds like the LS is going to be great! Thanks for the info.
    Posted:
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyPosts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    J - honest opinion of the G30 and LS version?
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]
  • redraider1685redraider1685 Members  678WRX Points: 116Posts: 678 Golden Tee
    Pure745 wrote:

not J but our swing speeds and tastes seem to be similar

g30 LS tec is an ok driver but it's not on par with the SLDR, DBD, 915d3

it does knock off some spin from the G30 but not on the level of the other drivers
    Posted:
    AbbVT24 wrote:

Yeah, the J has been nothing short of phenomenal for me. I ordered the Tour 65 in the LS, just to try it out, but I'm 99% sure the J is getting pulled from the old PING adapter and installed in a new one. From your description, it sounds like the LS is going to be great! Thanks for the info.

THe J is a fantastic shaft and has been stellar so far in my testing. Of course I have to say I don't have much time with it at this point but from what I've seen it deserves a seat at the table for testing come spring when weather gets better.

Pure745 wrote:

So I hit both side by side yesterday at the PGA merch show in Orlando. On flightscope I saw numbers that backed up what Ping claims it does which is knock off 200-400rpm's in spin depending on the user. G30 is a great stick but I have a hard time with keeping spin below 2500 and it wants to go left on me. The LS is an improved version of that where I was geting around 2200 with about 1* lower in launch. For the player that loves the G series head but could benefit from a little less spin and a less left biased version of the G30 it's a great stick. For me it was a very playable G series head but still doesn't match other drivers on the market for my particular needs/wants. The few heads that stood above the rest aside from my DBD were the Vapor Pro and Cobra Fly Z+. Beautiful ball flight and numbers with both and I will certainly be trying them both on the course against what i'm playing.

Pure745 wrote:

not J but our swing speeds and tastes seem to be similar

g30 LS tec is an ok driver but it's not on par with the SLDR, DBD, 915d3

it does knock off some spin from the G30 but not on the level of the other drivers

I agree. For the player it fits it will be an outstanding head. It's set very much like the G30's being played on tour. Most have melt shoved in the toe to prevent the left bias while also lowering spin because its toward the face and not the back on the clubhead.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• redraider1685redraider1685 Members  678WRX Points: 116Posts: 678 Golden Tee
    j - I ordered the fubuki J for my DBD as I see this thing turning into a high flying low spinning missile launcher (will insert hashtags later)

how do you think a 80XX would work in the 815 fairway as I am leaning towards that combo to give my 915's a little friendly competition
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Blades4LifeBlades4Life Members  63WRX Points: 0Handicap: +2Posts: 63
    Just curious, have you ever tried the ust chrome shaft? It'd be interesting to see how you feel it compares to the rogue and fubuki j. Also did you hear anything about the chrome+ at the show? Sorry for asking so many questions, and thanks. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:

j - I ordered the fubuki J for my DBD as I see this thing turning into a high flying low spinning missile launcher (will insert hashtags later)

how do you think a 80XX would work in the 815 fairway as I am leaning towards that combo to give my 915's a little friendly competition

I actually think the J could be a great fwy wood shaft off the deck but not sure about off the tee. Depending on loft I could see it potentially having too high of a launch angle but again haven't tried it just yet.

Just curious, have you ever tried the ust chrome shaft? It'd be interesting to see how you feel it compares to the rogue and fubuki j. Also did you hear anything about the chrome+ at the show? Sorry for asking so many questions, and thanks. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

No worries and I have not tried the Chrome but have hit the MK which was nice and smooth. I hear good things about the Chrome though.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

PGA Merch Show mini review:

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Forgot to mention I played 18 last week in Orlando and played ok considering I haven't been playing much golf due to the winter months. I used the DBD 9* Core up with the Rogue 80TX and hit 13/13 fairways which just made me laugh. I didn't realize it until I was 12/12 and thought **** I've hit every fairway today. The combo is not the longest but I'll be damned if it's not the most accurate setup I've ever had.

Fubuki J is still in the mix but with Feb fast approaching my outdoor golf will be put on hold. If I can keep that accuracy but add yards i'm all for it but i'm glad I have an amazing setup that I'm confident in.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Quick update :

Played yesterday and used the Fubuki J in the DBD. Have to say the more I use this shaft the more I like it. Distance is STELLAR and dispersion is pretty darn good as well. Temp yesterday was 44* and I was pounding drives in spots where i'm at in the spring and summer. All in all it won't be going anywhere and the Rogue might be in trouble.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
    New flatstick to try. Odyssey Works 1W 35" with 1* of loft. I'd love to go back to a standard putter but the Tank has been amazing for me. The reason i'm giving this a whirl is because on faster greens the Tank can be hard to control speed. We'll see how she rolls them, updates to follow when weather turns.

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• ladahlladahl Members  6907WRX Points: 148Handicap: 6.8Posts: 6,907 Titanium Tees
    It's a beauty! Hope it works out for you
    Posted:
    PXG 0811 XF Veylix Alpina 673
    '16 TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888 
    Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95
    PXG 0311X Black #4 KBS Proto 95
    PXG 0311 Black 5/6/7 0311T Black 8/9/W Aerotech SteelFiber 95 S
    SM8 Jet Black 50* ; SM7 Jet Black 54* & 58* TT DG TI Onyx S400
    Odyssey Stroke Lab TEN S

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers  6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsPosts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    ladahl wrote:

It's a beauty! Hope it works out for you

I see what you did there
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
    Haha funny guy.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members  3101WRX Points: 188Handicap: 0.0Posts: 3,101 Titanium Tees
    J13 wrote:

New flatstick to try. Odyssey Works 1W 35" with 1* of loft. I'd love to go back to a standard putter but the Tank has been amazing for me. The reason i'm giving this a whirl is because on faster greens the Tank can be hard to control speed. We'll see how she rolls them, updates to follow when weather turns.

I'm really liking my Works 1W, hope yours treats you well.
    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link

Advertisement
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

J13 wrote:

I'm really liking my Works 1W, hope yours treats you well.

Thanks I hope it does too!!

HIt the G30 LS vs Cobra Fly Z+ and have to say both are stellar. THe cobra gets the edge from me simply because I could adjust it more to my liking and get numbers dialed in pretty darn tight. Ballspeed was the highest with Cobra but forgiveness although great in the Cobra head, goes to the G30LS. Hard to miss the sweetspot on that head. You could toss a coin between these two and wouldn't go wrong. Cobra I was averaging around 2000rpm and Ping around 2200 so both are low. Anyway really impressed with both.

Titleist 915Fd - Really really like this fwy wood. Very impressed with how much better it is then the 913. It's a front runner for my vacant 3 wood spot.

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• scratchswingerscratchswinger Members  16478WRX Points: 356Posts: 16,478 Titanium Tees
    Did you hit the F?
    Posted:
  • tyrotyro Members  2605WRX Points: 36Posts: 2,605 Titanium Tees
    I tried most of the Odyssey Works minus the #2 I think. The V-Line was the standout for me. It just has such strong alignment aids in the contrast of light/dark colors. The insert feels nice too.
    Posted:

Did you hit the F?

Yes and like the F a lot but loft for loft I get more carry off the deck with the Fd. Still want to hit a few more fwy's but if decide to go with the F or Fd I will do a more comprehensive test.

tyro wrote:

I tried most of the Odyssey Works minus the #2 I think. The V-Line was the standout for me. It just has such strong alignment aids in the contrast of light/dark colors. The insert feels nice too.

VLine is a great putter but I tend to have issues with any putter with a rounded back. NOt sure why.

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Winter has hit and i'm going stir crazy. Started testing 3 woods and i'm looking at a few. Also been testing the Veylix Arcane in the fwy woods and have to say it's a great shaft with a mid launch / low spin profile. I know they aren't cheap but if you can get a good deal on one pull the trigger. ALso they look cool in the sun when they change color. Anyway her'es what I'm looking at

Callaway 815 Alpha 16*

Titleist Fd / F 15*

Cobra FZ+ 15*

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members  3101WRX Points: 188Handicap: 0.0Posts: 3,101 Titanium Tees
    I'm curious to give the 815 a try, but its hard to imagine it outperforming the Bertha V for me. I've only had it a couple months, but in that time I've hit more great shots from the deck with it than I have with a FW for a very, very long time.
    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

I'm curious to give the 815 a try, but its hard to imagine it outperforming the Bertha V for me. I've only had it a couple months, but in that time I've hit more great shots from the deck with it than I have with a FW for a very, very long time.

If its working well don't mess with it!!

On a side note I got a new toy in. I've been singing it's praises since I hit it at the demo day at the PGA Merch show and I finally grabbed it. The DBD has it's first challenger!

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• Deuce78Deuce78 Members  1334WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,334 Platinum Tees
    What shaft is in that fly z? That is the only other driver I want to try this year...please post your thoughts. Also am intrigued with the matching 3 metal options. And of course I think the best color option is the white. The other colors with the graphics seem to be too much. I thought it looked a little glossy in the store. Looking forward to some feedback.....
    Posted:
    M5/G410
    On -, @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5

PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ vacant 52 / TVD K 58
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM

Advertisement
    Deuce78 wrote:

What shaft is in that fly z? That is the only other driver I want to try this year...please post your thoughts. Also am intrigued with the matching 3 metal options. And of course I think the best color option is the white. The other colors with the graphics seem to be too much. I thought it looked a little glossy in the store. Looking forward to some feedback.....

Will do and the the shaft that's in it isn't nearly as important as whats going in image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Pics to follow The fwy woods are really really good as well and it's on my list as i currently am on the hunt for my 3 wood. ANd yes lots of colors to choose from with my personal favorited being the green that will be released come next month. Second favorite is the white. Basically if this driver turns out to be a winner I will grab the green head as well haha.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.