***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

J13's - WITB - 2020- DRIVER UPDATE AUGUST WINNER

Comments

• J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16625WRX Points: 1,625Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,625 Titanium Tees

On -, @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

Are you going to put the EF Triple Diamond up against the new G410 LST or is it firmly locked in the bag for 2019?

I will try the G410LST and if it's better it will go in the bag. First step is seeing if I like the look, next is hitting it on trackman or other LM. If it makes it past those tests I'll buy one and compare on course.

On another note, I think Ping really messed up with such a late release. People won't even be able to have these until June so most are set on what they're playing. As a result, I heard Ping woods sales are down quite a bit from the G400 release. They shot themselves in the foot this time around.

Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16625WRX Points: 1,625Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,625 Titanium Tees

Hit the Ping G410lst today. Ping did a great job but not sure it’s going catch the Triple Diamond. I’m sure at some point I’ll have one on course but not in a rush. It’s definitely lower in spin over the Plus model. I saw about a 300rpm reduction.

Head shape is great and I like it better than the g400lst. Looks like a slightly smaller footprint and the rear weight works ok trajectory.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

I got a chance to hit the G410 LST and as expected it's really good. I was getting great numbers with it, 14* / 2200-2400 spin. Hitting both the plus and lst i would say the spin difference is around 300rpms on average. With that said I'm sure i'll try one eventually (on course) but the triple diamond is so good I don't see that happening for a while.

Triple Diamond update:
    Low misses with the Callaway heads are insanely good, head and shoulders above anything I've ever tested. I'm guessing it's the jail break tech that makes the difference? For example, yesterday I played in a money game with two mini tour players who swung the driver around the same speed as I do. What's great about that is when I missed the center (more often than they do of course) I can see how penial the misses are in terms of lost yardage. On one hole, in particular, both players hit great drives in the fairway and off the center of the face. I step up and proceed to middle one but I came out of it a bit and hit it very low on the face. Now keep in mind this hole goes up hill so you might get 5yds of roll from the drive. Anyway we get up there and my ball was only 5yds behind theirs in the fairway. I was honestly shocked by the performance.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• TrueWRXTrueWRX Members  2143WRX Points: 427Posts: 2,143 Platinum Tees

How’s the stock sound on the Triple D? Really thinking about getting one and pairing with hzrdus black shaft I have

Posted:

It was fine but it needs melt to get the swing weight you want.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 525Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @J13 said:

That's good to hear. I hit the Flash sub zero (regular) for the first time today in an 18 hole demo. I liked the performance, but it sounded and felt about as bad as a driver possibly could.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM, 9*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 70TX
    TaylorMade SIM TI, 15*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 80TX
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    TaylorMade P7-TW, 4i-PW, DGTI X100
    Callaway Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

Advertisement

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

That's good to hear. I hit the Flash sub zero (regular) for the first time today in an 18 hole demo. I liked the performance, but it sounded and felt about as bad as a driver possibly could.

I've melted a lot of Callaway heads this year in my shop. They almost all need the "tour" treatment. As always feel free to pm me if you need help in that area.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 525Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

I've melted a lot of Callaway heads this year in my shop. They almost all need the "tour" treatment. As always feel free to pm me if you need help in that area.

Okay...I'm counting on you,

On -, @J13. Tres diamante is on the way. 9 degree, 45". I'm expecting 13 launch with 2,000 spin for the rest of my golfing life!
    Posted:
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @J13. Tres diamante is on the way. 9 degree, 45". I'm expecting 13 launch with 2,000 spin for the rest of my golfing life!

Did I forget to mention I'm now playing the M5 haha j/k Enjoy the TD

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

Did I forget to mention I'm now playing the M5 haha j/k Enjoy the TD

If you buy them all you never go hungry. Just crazy...

Posted:
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

Testing is part of the fun. People at my club think I constantly switch clubs but in reality, I've had the same bag for the last 2 years. Only recently have i switched drivers from the G400LST to the Callaway.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement

On -, @J13 said:

Testing is part of the fun. People at my club think I constantly switch clubs but in reality, I've had the same bag for the last 2 years. Only recently have i switched drivers from the G400LST to the Callaway.

To be clear, I wasn't calling you crazy...just me! I probably run through irons and putters the most. Sadly, my scores don't change.

Posted:
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

To be clear, I wasn't calling you crazy...just me! I probably run through irons and putters the most. Sadly, my scores don't change.

haha i know, all good. Scores rarely change by switching clubs unless you are playing all the wrong stuff from a fitting perspective. For me it's just fun and part of the enjoyment although the older i get the less I want to keep testing. Takes it's toll on the game and body.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

haha i know, all good. Scores rarely change by switching clubs unless you are playing all the wrong stuff from a fitting perspective. For me it's just fun and part of the enjoyment although the older i get the less I want to keep testing. Takes it's toll on the game and body.

It's funny how over time you start chasing more fairways and consistency versus "but Tiger hit his 4 iron 242...yada yada".

Posted:
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Members  1842WRX Points: 158Handicap: +1.2Posts: 1,842 Platinum Tees

Still using the Flash TD?

Posted:

Yes, with HZRDUS Black Smoke 70X. Tried a few other shafts but so far this is the best combo.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
  • ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Members  1842WRX Points: 158Handicap: +1.2Posts: 1,842 Platinum Tees

That’s good to hear. I am really torn between the Flash TD and the 410 LST. I am leaning towards the Flash TD at the moment.

Posted:

That’s good to hear. I am really torn between the Flash TD and the 410 LST. I am leaning towards the Flash TD at the moment.

Both great options. I've hit the G410 LST but haven't compared numbers yet. The Ping G410 + is a great stick as well (and readily available) and by playing around with the weight you can knock off even more spin and get it very close to the LST. Notice a lot of guys on tour still playing the Plus model and not switching. They have melt added to the face which I bet knocks off another 200rpms which is pretty much the same as the LST.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

On -, @J13 said:

Yes, with HZRDUS Black Smoke 70X. Tried a few other shafts but so far this is the best combo.

That exact combo just showed up yesterday. I got a chance to work it out on the range today. I didn't put it on trackman, but I'm really happy the devil (aka J13) made me do it. No kidding, I hit this driver with less dispersion than my some of my irons. It was really really straight.

Posted:
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

That exact combo just showed up yesterday. I got a chance to work it out on the range today. I didn't put it on trackman, but I'm really happy the devil (aka J13) made me do it. No kidding, I hit this driver with less dispersion than my some of my irons. It was really really straight.

Devil is in the details haha

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• Smitty120Smitty120 MDMembers  585WRX Points: 162Posts: 585 Golden Tee

I am going to refrain from talking about J13 aka “the devil” !

Posted:
    • SIM 10.5 - Ventus Blue Velocore 7X 
    • SIM Ti 3W -  Ventus Blue Velocore 8X
    • P790 3I - ADDI 95X
    • P750 4-PW - TI X100
    • MG2  52 & 58 - TI S400
    • Spider X 
    • 19' TP5

Advertisement

On -, @Smitty120 said:

I am going to refrain from talking about J13 aka “the devil” !

Hey don’t go starting trouble around here

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

J13-
    Have you tried the PXG drivers?

Posted:

I tested the first offering on trackman and never touched one again. I hear the latest driver is better but I've never hit it.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• jgolf215jgolf215 JT Members  329WRX Points: 89Posts: 329 Greens

I attended the Shoprite Classic at Seaview Resort this weekend And I took notice of how many LPGA players without a full bag sponsorship are playing the Epic Flash driver. It was by far the most popular head I saw followed by either the Ping G400 or G410 Max head. That EF Triple Diamond head is sick. I wish Callaway would have went matte finish like TM this year.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9* (N/S) Fubuki V 50
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65
    Callaway Steelhead XR 20.5* Fubuki Ax f75
    Callaway Apex 20* & 23* KuroKage Black 80HY
    Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85
    Callaway  Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 5-9 
    Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50/10* 
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 54*/10*S & 58*/08*C 
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #3 or
    Odyssey ProType #2 Nippon XXIP B2 w Iomic Absolute X
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
    Glove: UA Strikeskin Tour
    Shoe: UA

Steelhead XR 20.5* alternates w Apex 20* hybrid.
    Apex 23* alternates with Apex UT 24*

On -, @jgolf215 said:

I attended the Shoprite Classic at Seaview Resort this weekend And I took notice of how many LPGA players without a full bag sponsorship are playing the Epic Flash driver. It was by far the most popular head I saw followed by either the Ping G400 or G410 Max head. That EF Triple Diamond head is sick. I wish Callaway would have went matte finish like TM this year.

Matte finish is my favorite as well and yeah Callaway is doing well with the Epic Flash. It's a great line that is in a lot of bags both on tour and off. Triple diamond is the best among them though, such great lines.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement

Testing
    Cally Triple Diamond w/HZRDUS BLack Smoke 70 vs Ping G410 Plus w/ Xphlexxx Agera 75g

The Ping G410 Plus gave me better numbers than the LST so I went with it. If I see good things I will most likely give it the tour treatment and shift weight around to drop more spin.

Posted:
    Post edited by J13 on

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• getair23getair23 Members  2357WRX Points: 438Posts: 2,357 Platinum Tees

I'm loving the Super Mario cover.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
    Cobra F6 Baffler Elements Chrome 70-x
    Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
    Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
    Callaway PM Grind 64*
    SC Studio Design no. 2
    Pro V1

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

After a few rounds under the belt, the TD is still just super straight for me. I don't know if it's the longest I've hit, and I don't care at all. At this point in my life, I'm looking to move it out there between the rough lines and score.

Posted:
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

Advertisement

On -, @getair23 said:

I'm loving the Super Mario cover.

haha thanks. My wife made it for me and of course, my kids love it. Never too old for Mario Bros and reminds me not to take golf too seriously.

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @J13 said:

After a few rounds under the belt, the TD is still just super straight for me. I don't know if it's the longest I've hit, and I don't care at all. At this point in my life, I'm looking to move it out there between the rough lines and score.

Straight wins every time. Distance is a bonus.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.