GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Counterfeit Graphite Design Tour AD DI Series

Tzoid ·  
TzoidTzoid MarylandMembers  1780WRX Points: 181Handicap: 7Posts: 1,780 Platinum Tees
I recently purchased a used Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S shaft and it played ridiculously weak so I had it checked out and it was measured at 248 CPM. I contacted<br />
Pro's Choice Golf Shafts and Bill McPherson provided me the attached photos to identify the fake shafts. Be sure to verify you are buying the genuine article. The DI6-S is 265 cpm at 46” with a 201g head weight. <br />
and they are all serialized. The counterfeit shaft I bought had no serial number. <br />
<br />
DISerialexample_zps53c6bb2b.jpg<br />
FakeDIvsRealDI2_zpsbf6960de.jpg
Posted:
Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Titleist Pro V-1X

Comments

• goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members  1979WRX Points: 164Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    The older DI shafts do not have the etched serial or AD logo like you have pictured in the first photo. The overlap and holograms in the white heat label are the best indicators of being genuine in the older DI shafts.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • articaartica Overland Park, KSMembers  1156WRX Points: 105Handicap: 12Posts: 1,156 Platinum Tees
    Was just talking to joey2aces about my ad di.. The only difference is mine plays very stiff. Here are some photos of it, if anyone can tell if legit or not please let me know.<br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    Tmag M3 9.0 - Tour AD TP 5s
    Ping G410 LST 3W - Tour AD MJ 7s
    Ping G 3H - Tour AD DI H85s 
    Cobra F7 one - 4i Steelfiber i110cw
    Miura P9005g - 5i-PW Steelfiber i110cw 
    48* - SM7 10 Steelfiber i110cw
    54* - Glide 3.0 eye Modus 120s 
    58* - Big toe  Modus 120s 
    Scotty Cameron Select 1.5
    WITB Link
  • articaartica Overland Park, KSMembers  1156WRX Points: 105Handicap: 12Posts: 1,156 Platinum Tees
    Here is a different shaft bought from same place though, where grip is on the other this one has a serial #. <br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    WITB Link
  • horty1388horty1388 Members  2331WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,331
    artica wrote:
    <br />
    Here is a different shaft bought from same place though, where grip is on the other this one has a serial #. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You're good
    Posted:
  • goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members  1979WRX Points: 164Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    Both look good. Do you see the line running down the middle of the white section through where it says "Tour AD DI-6"? It looks like it is there in your second pic. That is where the label overlaps. The fakes don't have that. The white part is not painted. Its just a heat label
    Posted:
    Phew... Thanks guys.
    Posted:
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • TzoidTzoid MarylandMembers  1780WRX Points: 181Handicap: 7Posts: 1,780 Platinum Tees
    The price that these shafts demand it pays to check before you buy. I lucked out and the seller refunded my money so I'm good.
    Posted:
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • golfer75golfer75 Members  593WRX Points: 56Posts: 593 Golden Tee
    op, the comparison pic that you posted with "real shaft" looks fake to me. the ACCURACY & DISTANCE look way too big. if you look at the pics posted by artica, which looks exactly like mine and i know are legit, the ACCURACY & DISTANCE is a little smaller with more orange space above and below.
    Posted:
  • GolfrnutGolfrnut Members  7646WRX Points: 464Posts: 7,646 Titanium Tees
    golfer75 wrote:
    <br />
    op, the comparison pic that you posted with "real shaft" looks fake to me. the ACCURACY & DISTANCE look way too big. if you look at the pics posted by artica, which looks exactly like mine and i know are legit, the ACCURACY & DISTANCE is a little smaller with more orange space above and below.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I actually agree with this.<br />
    <br />
    Unless there is possibly different versions out there, it looks like the "real" and "fake" labels are backwards.
    Posted:
    TM M3 440 w/ Speeder Evo II 6.1 TS
    TM M4 13.5 "Small Version"  w/ BB S+ 70
    Taylormade P790 2 UDI w/ DG 105R or M3 19* 5W w/ BB S+ 70
    Taylormade P790 3 Iron w/ DG AMT White R300
    4-PW Nike VR Pro MBs w/ DG AMT White R300
    Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind
    Odyssey MXM 1W
  • TzoidTzoid MarylandMembers  1780WRX Points: 181Handicap: 7Posts: 1,780 Platinum Tees
    The photos I posted came from Bill McPherson at Pro's Choice Golf Shafts the North American distributor for Graphite Design. He sent the photos to me to<br />
    help me identify if my shaft was a counterfeit. I'm just passing along the information so others don't get dupped.<br />
    <br />
    I see what you're saying but I posted the photo he sent me. I think the key is the serial # <br />
    <br />
    http://www.proschoicegolfshafts.com/
    Posted:
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    Tzoid wrote:
    <br />
    I think the key is the serial # <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    If they all had serial numbers you would be right but they don't
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • golfer75golfer75 Members  593WRX Points: 56Posts: 593 Golden Tee
    Tzoid wrote:
    <br />
    The photos I posted came from Bill McPherson at Pro's Choice Golf Shafts the North American distributor for Graphite Design. He sent the photos to me to<br />
    help me identify if my shaft was a counterfeit. I'm just passing along the information so others don't get dupped.<br />
    <br />
    I see what you're saying but I posted the photo he sent me. I think the key is the serial # <br />
    <br />
    http://www.proschoicegolfshafts.com/<br />
    <br />
    yeah, i think he probably just mixed them up...because if you look at the tour ad di pic on the site it is exactly like i stated. anyways it good news that you were able to get a refund.
    Posted:
  • proroboprorobo Members  3214WRX Points: 125Handicap: GolfPosts: 3,214 Titanium Tees
    artica wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'd be upset with whomever is responsible for those razor blade gouges from grip changing!
    Posted:
    prorobo wrote:
    artica wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'd be upset with whomever is responsible for those razor blade gouges from grip changing!
    <br />
    <br />
    I was. I am. Unfortunately that's the business of buying used.
    Posted:
    WITB Link
    artica wrote:
    <br />
    prorobo wrote:
    artica wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I was. I am. Unfortunately that's the business of buying used.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    It looks like it will be easily covered by the grip and not into the orange base coat. You won't be able to see it and won't harm the shaft. Don't really see an issue
    Posted:
    If you suspect that your shaft is counterfeit use the visual indicators and have the shaft frequency checked. My shaft was 248cpm and GD claims the AD DI 6S should be 265cpm. Huge difference. <br />
    The risk we take buying used this day and age opens us up to counterfeits. Golf Pride grips are all over ebay as well so BEWARE. <br />
    I have friends that bought Mizuno & Titleist Irons that look **** good but turned out to be fakes.
    Posted:
    Titleist Pro V-1X

Advertisement
  • browne11browne11 I'm a hockey player, playing golf today Members  1627WRX Points: 130Handicap: 3.5Posts: 1,627 Platinum Tees
    I just won a used ad - mt with a sldr tip installed on eBay today. I put a max bid of $120 on it and never thought I would get it. Turns out I did. Do they have the same tell tale signs of being fake as the addi and adbbs? Haven't heard much of this one having fakes b
    Posted:
    Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
    Ping G30 14.5 stiff
    Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
    Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
    Ping 54, 58 Tour S
    Taylormade DJ Spider Tour
    Yes, the MT will have the etched serial And the overlap label line in the white section. There are fake MT shafts out there but the graphics are horrible. You will know immediately. In the ringed section the real MT has a greyish color that fades to the shaft color. The fakes have a much darker grey that doesn't fade. It is very obvious. The fake MTs also do not have the hologram Tour AD in the white section nor a line running down it where the label overlaps.<br />
    <br />
    Link to a fake MT <br />
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item-desc/2046876628.html
    Posted:
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members  1130WRX Points: 259Posts: 1,130 Platinum Tees
    There are fake MT's out there. Mine looked good, even had an etched serial. I could tell mine was fake due to the weight, weighed 76 grams uncut, which was about 12 grams too heavy for a new MT. Weigh your shaft without a grip, weigh a tip, figure out total weight, see if yours makes sense.
    Posted:
    XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
    917F2 16.5* Fuji P95X
    Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
    T-MB 4 CT130X
    5-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
    National Custom 53/58 CT130X
    Raw Hi-Toe 64* CT130X
    Spider/Cameron
  • ExistExist Members  371WRX Points: 0Posts: 371
    The fake DI's I've seen also do not have the 'made in japan - S for shaft' under the grip and all Tour AD shafts I've seen have a printed designation on the butt end after where the paint stops.
    Posted:
  • smart.nxsmart.nx Members  38WRX Points: 62Handicap: 4Posts: 38 Bunkers
    Just bought this shaft on ebay. Do you think it is real?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Need a closer pic of the white section. If you can see the line running down the white section and the holograms in it you're good. The white section is not paint but a heat wrap label and the line is where it overlaps. The chinese fakes don't have this.
    Posted:
    goondawg wrote:
    <br />
    Need a closer pic of the white section. If you can see the line running down the white section and the holograms in it you're good. The white section is not paint but a heat wrap label and the line is where it overlaps. The chinese fakes don't have this.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Only have this picture from the auction right now. Will have to wait until it arrives and post pictures then.
    Posted:
  • cehbcehb Members  642WRX Points: 1Posts: 642 Golden Tee
    smart.nx wrote:
    <br />
    Just bought this shaft on ebay. Do you think it is real?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Unfortunately no, not the best picture but you can clearly see that the DI-6s is too low in relation to the AD and there is no ghosting. Here's a real DI for reference
    Posted:
    I contacted the seller and asked for better pictures and a serial number. But i'm also afraid now that it's a fake. Ebay will handle it then. Luckily I paid with PayPal so my money is safe.
    Posted:
    It getting stranger. Got a new photo from the seller. The serialnumber makes no sense and it says regular?!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear Members  3864WRX Points: 61Posts: 3,864 Titanium Tees
    smart.nx wrote:
    <br />
    It getting stranger. Got a new photo from the seller. The serialnumber makes no sense and it says regular?!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    As they say in Germany: You're Lederhosed!
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/font]
  • xerproxerpro Is it weird that my 3 wood has lower loft than my driver? Members  2342WRX Points: 102Handicap: 1.6Posts: 2,342 Platinum Tees
    smart.nx wrote:
    <br />
    Just bought this shaft on ebay. Do you think it is real?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Looks fake to me...I have 8 of these shafts, and the dead giveaway of that one is the lines on the font, and no holograms. Good luck
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
    Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
    Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
    MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
    Piretti Cortino 2
    smart.nx wrote:
    <br />
    It getting stranger. Got a new photo from the seller. The serialnumber makes no sense and it says regular?!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That is definitely not a GD AD- DI Shaft.... the serial # is laser etched in the shaft and the Holographic circle should be on the shaft.
    Posted:
    Titleist Pro V-1X

Advertisement
  • WindyCitySPNWindyCitySPN Members  961WRX Points: 63Posts: 961 Golden Tee
    Picked this up at pga ss. Anyone see any issues with the authenticity?<br />
    <br />
    Thanks <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    [
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.