***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Counterfeit Graphite Design Tour AD DI Series

Comments

• goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members  1979WRX Points: 164Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    You're good
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tjo106tjo106 Needs lessons Members  148WRX Points: 0Posts: 148
    Just received 2 shafts from ebay, the picture of them together is almost an exact copy of the original posters picture from graphite design. So its safe to say one is fake, a surprising thing I noticed while researching fakes is that they generally don't have a dotted i.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D2 8.5* - Graphite Design Tour Ad-Di6s
    Titleist 915F 15* - Graphite Design Tour Ad-Di7s

Titleist 915H 21* - Aldila Rogue 85 S
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW - KBS Tour S
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50*F, 56*S, 60*K - KBS Hi-Rev S
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members  1979WRX Points: 164Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    The hologram in the white section stands out more on fakes usually. Also, the white section is a heat wrap label and it forms a line where it overlaps. None of the fakes have this. Can you post a close up pic of the "Tour AD DI-6/7" section?
    Posted:
    Posted:

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I'm viewing on my phone but I believe both are real.
    Posted:
    My concern is the "designed by" being significantly different in the picture from my first post
    Posted:

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Advertisement
    tjo106 wrote:
    <br />
    My concern is the "designed by" being significantly different in the picture from my first post<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    They both look like the white heat label overlaps under "Tour AD DI-6/7". If I'm seeing that like I think I am, they're fine.
    Posted:
    Finally got to my computer where I can see your pics better. Both of your shafts are legit.
    Posted:
  • TMBobTMBob Members  5375WRX Points: 63Handicap: 5Posts: 5,375 Titanium Tees
    tjo106 wrote:
    <br />
    My concern is the "designed by" being significantly different in the picture from my first post<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yea, in that pic there are several differences in the fonts and the circle R between the two shafts. Mine looks like the top one with the circle R higher up.
    Posted:
  • proroboprorobo Members  3214WRX Points: 125Handicap: GolfPosts: 3,214 Titanium Tees
    tjo106 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I had the same concerns after picking up a DI shaft off the 'bay where the font was much thinner compared to other DI shafts I have as well as the centered trademark logo. But after having an in depth email conversion with Bill at Pro's Choice that included pulling the grip to see the information and lots of photos, it was determined to be an authentic Titleist batch shaft, much like yours. You're good with both!
    Posted:
    prorobo wrote:
    tjo106 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I had the same concerns after picking up a DI shaft off the 'bay where the font was much thinner compared to other DI shafts I have as well as the centered trademark logo. But after having an in depth email conversion with Bill at Pro's Choice that included pulling the grip to see the information and lots of photos, it was determined to be an authentic Titleist batch shaft, much like yours. You're good with both!
    <br />
    <br />
    I have been speaking with him for last couple days and he has confirmed they are both legit for me. Relieved but still think in done with ebay buying for a while. In was excited and brought it to the range and started crushing it. Until the surfeit sleeve cracked. And with a tournament on Tuesday I don't think ill be able to replace it in time. Good with the bad I guess heh.
    Posted:

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Advertisement
  • mtg6193mtg6193 Damn you people, go back to your shantys Stuart, FLMembers  594WRX Points: 143Posts: 594 Golden Tee
    Hey guys, I just picked up an AD DI 8X from a guy here on the BST and I'm not sure if it is counterfeit or not. Can anyone tell me if this looks alright? Also, check out the last picture and tell me what you make of the bubbling up of the decal. It stops right where the grip tape started, which leads me to believe it was from grip solvent or something sitting on the decal for too long.
    Posted:
    Witb: pb&j and extra socks
    Real.
    Posted:
  • mtg6193mtg6193 Damn you people, go back to your shantys Stuart, FLMembers  594WRX Points: 143Posts: 594 Golden Tee
    Wow thanks for the quick reply. How can you tell?
    Posted:
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers  2466WRX Points: 378Handicap: 9ishPosts: 2,466 Platinum Tees
    mtg6193 wrote:
    <br />
    Wow thanks for the quick reply. How can you tell?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Despite the lack of hologram (which can easily come off), the silk screen is correct, graphics as well as the shaft model under the grip being in the right place with correct font. Real.
    Posted:
    mtg6193 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The main thing I look for is how the heat wrap label is applied. Yours is correct.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    great to know, thanks fellas.
    Posted:
  • jimhanjhijimhanjhi Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3
    I have an authentic di6-x and the first green ring near the butt end looks exactly like the one in the picture. its not perfect, slight offset right where the overlap line is. I called prochoice golf shafts to check on my shaft because of the green ring. I asked if they can check the serial number and was told that a visual inspection was the best way because they would have to contact japan for serial numbers. I then told her that mine didnt have the laser etched serial number but a sticker. the reads OTHER_GOLF made in Japan and has a bar code, a number under the code, a CI number and on the bottom it reads ADDI6-X TS-. She said it was the real deal but that the shaft wasnt for sale to the general public. I asked if it was a reject that some one got a hold of, she said no. She wasnt too forthcoming about the details but i was satisfied in knowing it was real. W D I 6 - X GRU10 7.6 is stamped in black at the butt end of the club too. Right at the end of the white it reads made in japan with an s in a box for shaft. I tore the sticker when i took off old tape to regrip.
    Posted:
  • JazzmastafishJazzmastafish All Orange Everything Members  730WRX Points: 94Handicap: 6Posts: 730 Golden Tee
    I just got one of these for my driver (finally!), and I'm pretty sure I'm good because the "ghosted" logos are present in the white part, and the line or seam where the heat wrap is there (and well worn) along with the "Tour AD DI-6S" wording being well worn, but the wording "Accuracy & Distance Designed by Graphite Design" has worn clean off, like it was never there. Did/could this wear off going in and out of the bag from the previous owner?
    Posted:
    Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
    Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)
    Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
    Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
    Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
    Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist
  • JojodimaggioJojodimaggio SeattleMembers  2356WRX Points: 170Handicap: +1Posts: 2,356 BST Banned
    I've purchased several didn't know the Chinese were already cheating us. They've all performed good and my X freq'd out at 276-278. Stock shafts might as well be fake because I tested a stiff at 276 and an X at 248. You do t know what you're getting with stock.
    Posted:
  • winn0040winn0040 Members  1158WRX Points: 119Posts: 1,158 Platinum Tees
    Heads up folks. This guy knowingly peddles fake BBs and refuses to acknowledge they're counterfeits<br />
    <br />
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphite-Design-Tour-Ad-BB-6-Blue-Bullet-Stiff-Flex-Golf-Driver-Shaft-43-25-/281879963665?hash=item41a15ae811:g:T6sAAOSwf-VWWdom
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • 10yardslonger10yardslonger Banned  95WRX Points: 0Posts: 95
    goondawg wrote:
    <br />
    mtg6193 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The main thing I look for is how the heat wrap label is applied. Yours is correct.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    What is a heat wrap?
    Posted:
    <br />
    goondawg wrote:
    <br />
    mtg6193 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The main thing I look for is how the heat wrap label is applied. Yours is correct.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    What is a heat wrap?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The white section is not paint. It is a heat wrap label and overlaps. The fakes don't have the heat wrap label
    Posted:
  • AMATEUR_GOLFER79AMATEUR_GOLFER79 Members  601WRX Points: 0Handicap: 1Posts: 601
    What about the serial numbers painted at the end of the shaft where the paint isn't and grip goes? Do the flea have that also???
    Posted:
  • AMATEUR_GOLFER79AMATEUR_GOLFER79 Members  601WRX Points: 0Handicap: 1Posts: 601
    Found this guy on eBay. Pro clubs I believe in Arizona. Looking at these pictures would you say these are fake or legit???
    Posted:
  • BrickDaFunkBrickDaFunk Land of the Rising SunMembers  972WRX Points: 98Handicap: 5.4Posts: 972 Golden Tee
    ProClubs are legit...
    Posted:
    G410 LST 9* w/ Rogue Black 110 MSI 60TX
    '17 M1 15* w/ ATX Tour Blue 75x
    816 H1 19* w/ AD DI-85x
    iBlade 4-PW w/ Modus 105x
    Glide 3.0 50* w/ Modus 105x
    Glide 54*/58* w/ Modus 115w
    Bellum Winmore Cloverdale
    Z-Star

Advertisement
  • awilawil Members  2434WRX Points: 1Posts: 2,434 Platinum Tees
    What is the deal with the other_golf shafts ?
    Posted:
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members  1130WRX Points: 259Posts: 1,130 Platinum Tees
    <br />
    Found this guy on eBay. Pro clubs I believe in Arizona. Looking at these pictures would you say these are fake or legit???<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Has the heatwrap label, lettering on shaft like it should, stickers from Graphite Design, and is sold by one of eBay's best seller? Jeeze I wouldn't want you to have to think for yourself once.
    Posted:
    XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
    917F2 16.5* Fuji P95X
    Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
    T-MB 4 CT130X
    5-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
    National Custom 53/58 CT130X
    Raw Hi-Toe 64* CT130X
    Spider/Cameron
  • bainsgyabainsgya WA stateMembers  310WRX Points: 42Handicap: 0.6Posts: 310 Greens
    I recently purchased this from a member here. The "Accuracy and Distance" looks small, exactly like the fake OP posted. Thoughts?
    Posted:
    Mo putters
    Mo problems
    WITB: none of your business

Advertisement
  • bainsgyabainsgya WA stateMembers  310WRX Points: 42Handicap: 0.6Posts: 310 Greens
    Tzoid wrote:
    <br />
    I recently purchased a used Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S shaft and it played ridiculously weak so I had it checked out and it was measured at 248 CPM. I contacted<br />
    Pro's Choice Golf Shafts and Bill McPherson provided me the attached photos to identify the fake shafts. Be sure to verify you are buying the genuine article. The DI6-S is 265 cpm at 46” with a 201g head weight. <br />
    and they are all serialized. The counterfeit shaft I bought had no serial number. <br />
    <br />
    DISerialexample_zps53c6bb2b.jpg<br />
    FakeDIvsRealDI2_zpsbf6960de.jpg<br />
    Posted:
    Mo putters
    Mo problems
    WITB: none of your business

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.