Colorado WRX 2015

Comments

• I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Main thing I remember from the Ranch was little old ladies complaining and snap hooking a drive over houses.
  • lefty67lefty67 For the Love of the game... Members Posts: 64 ✭✭
    that sounds like a while back. Most of the complainers are old men now. image/blind.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blind:' />
    Some combination of the following that adds up to 14:
    Titleist 917d3 // Aldila Tour Green 65
    Titleist 917 F3 15° 3-wood // Diamana S+ Limited 70
    Titleist 918 H3 21° & 25° // Tensei White 85
    Titleist TMB 2-iron // KBS Tour 105
    Srixon z785 3-PW // Modus3 Pro 105
    Titleist TVD M // 50° & 55° (54 bent weak) & 60°
    Scotty Cameron Del Mar California
    Titleist ProV1x #67 or Bridgestone Bx in Yellow
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the golf deal websites is offering a "member for a day" special for Ranch CC...
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,613 ClubWRX

One of the golf deal websites is offering a "member for a day" special for Ranch CC...

I don't follow any golf deal websites and $55 seems more than affordable.
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I only had 36 putts at South Suburban yesterday--through 17. The rain and lightning scared me off on 18. I even two-putted #6 and #14 for pars. It was so difficult to get the right feel on the uphill putts.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
  • seven deweyseven dewey Members Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only had 36 putts at South Suburban yesterday--through 17. The rain and lightning scared me off on 18. I even two-putted #6 and #14 for pars. It was so difficult to get the right feel on the uphill putts.

Good job, those are 2 of the toughest, but okay if you are below the hole.

I had the greatest back-to-back 2 putts of my life yesterday....the kind where if you were to putt at the hole your ball would roll off the green by some 8-12 feet. Still had to make a 7-8 footer on the 2nd ones, but they were both straight uphill. Looks like the $45 Bettinardi has officially secured a spot in the bag for good. (well as long as any of us ever leaves a putter in that is)
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
    edited Jun 9, 2015 #308
    This is borderline unheard of: I'm actually playing golf for a third weekend in a row! Unfortunately, I'm missing my golf league on Saturday because my daughter has her state gymnastics meet at the same time. On Sunday, I'm going to have my second match play match (against a 6-handicap). Course and time TBD, but it will most likely be Blackstone or Black Bear.

After this weekend, I won't be playing state-side again until Murphy Creek on August 9. Hopefully I can squeeze in at least three rounds while I'm in Sweden.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the $45 Bettinardi has officially secured a spot in the bag for good. (well as long as any of us ever leaves a putter in that is)

Darn! I was hoping you'd go through the Edel fitting process so I could get some feedback on it from MetaGolf. That's a heck of a score though!
    Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
    thaar wrote:

Looks like the $45 Bettinardi has officially secured a spot in the bag for good. (well as long as any of us ever leaves a putter in that is)

Darn! I was hoping you'd go through the Edel fitting process so I could get some feedback on it from MetaGolf. That's a heck of a score though!

I've got two buddies who both have Edel putters, went through the process - couple years since they were fit, and they're both really pleased with the process and they're putting... Not sure if that helps...
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is borderline unheard of: I'm actually playing golf for a third weekend in a row! Unfortunately, I'm missing my golf league on Saturday because my daughter has her state gymnastics meet at the same time. On Sunday, I'm going to have my second match play match (against a 6-handicap). Course and time TBD, but it will most likely be Blackstone or Black Bear.

After this weekend, I won't be playing state-side again until Murphy Creek on August 9. Hopefully I can squeeze in at least three rounds while I'm in Sweden.

We played Murphy Creek last week, great shape. Hadn't played it in about 10 years and had forgotten how fun it was.

On Sunday, I'm going to have my second match play match (against a 6-handicap). Course and time TBD, but it will most likely be Blackstone or Black Bear.

Blackstone at 9:30. Anyone else going to be playing around at that time?

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    lefty67 wrote:

thaar wrote:

I've got two buddies who both have Edel putters, went through the process - couple years since they were fit, and they're both really pleased with the process and they're putting... Not sure if that helps...

Did they do it at MetaGolf? I'm curious if the fitting process is consistent from fitter to fitter.
    Edel E-1
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

On Sunday, I'm going to have my second match play match (against a 6-handicap). Course and time TBD, but it will most likely be Blackstone or Black Bear.

Blackstone at 9:30. Anyone else going to be playing around at that time?

My wife and I are playing Blackstone on Saturday @0715 and BlackBear on Sunday @0646. My wife is not too thrilled with those early tee times...
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • forecast6236forecast6236 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone in this thread a member at the Pinery? Or have a ballpark on cost there?
  • cphreycphrey #SLDRChallenger Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    edited Jun 11, 2015 #316

12-20k initiation fee and then $447 a month.

not a member. found that in CO Avid Golfer mag.
    Callaway GBB 9* (set at 11*) Diamana S+ Blueboard 60X
    TM SLDR Mini 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m X
    TM SLDR 5 wood Matrix Black Tie 8m3 S
    TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    Callaway MD 2 54 & 58 KBS wedge
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is what I heard as well. Although when I heard the initiation fee was close to 20k than 12k.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • seven deweyseven dewey Members Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Co-worker of mine had a free round there last summer, It was a decent track....a few tricky/blind tee shots.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
    edited Jun 11, 2015 #319
    cphrey wrote:

12-20k initiation fee and then $447 a month.

not a member. found that in CO Avid Golfer mag.

masamitsu wrote:

I think that is what I heard as well. Although when I heard the initiation fee was close to 20k than 12k.

Daughter's soccer coach from a few years back was the membership director at Pinery. Back then, they had a $6k initiation special--he also quoted something close that monthly number; I believe it's closer to $600/mo if you want to include Pradera.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Interesting... thanks.
    PSA...

If you're going out to play this weekend, don't forget the mosquito spray. It's going to be warm and swarmy.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

PSA...

If you're going out to play this weekend, don't forget the mosquito spray. It's going to be warm and swarmy.

I loaded up a couple days ago. Played Fox Hollow last Saturday in shorts early in the AM and it was a mosquito mashup.
    edited Jun 13, 2015 #323
    I grabbed a 6am tee time at Hyland Hills for tomorrow morning. It's 5 minutes from my house and I've lived in Colorado for 8 years but have never played. Anyone played it before? Supposed to be pretty decent but not spectacular. For under $40, I'll give it a go and report back!

Here is a fairly recent review that gives it pretty good accolades: http://www.rockiesgolf.com/departments/coursereviews/greg-mastriona-golf-courses-hyland-hills-westminster-colorado-13949.htm
    I'm a fan of hyland hills. I like the way it's layed out, it's challenging in spots and a good deal. It's usually in really nice condition too, but haven't played it this year
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
    edited Jun 14, 2015 #325
    I've played Hyland HIlls once, and I thought it was a nice course. Golf league is playing there on 8/16.

I've been holed up in my house all weekend due to vertigo-like symptoms. Missed my daughter's state gymnastics meet yesterday, and I had to cancel golf today. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    I've played Hyland HIlls once, and I thought it was a nice course. Golf league is playing there on 8/16.

I've been holed up in my house all weekend due to vertigo-like symptoms. Missed my daughter's state gymnastics meet yesterday, and I had to cancel golf today. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Dood wtf??? Vertigo? Hope you're better soon!
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom

Played Hyland Hills today and played well but wouldn't say I was overly impressed with the course. There are some good holes but a lot of tricky throw away holes. A few holes you can barely miss and others you can blow it all over the lot. Greens were slow first thing but got much more speedy as the greens dried out. Conditions were good but nowhere near great. Amazing value for $40 but pretty much what you would expect for that price. I'll play it again for sure but probably from the tips the next time around.
    Played Bear Dance for the first time yesterday. Couldn't figure out the greens on the 1st 9 and shot 45, then had it at 2 under through 6 on the back 9 and put one in the pond in front of hole 7, doubled that, then bogied in for a 38. Happy with the total back score but upset I couldn't hold on to the under par 9 and shoot in the 70s. Oh well. The course was in great shape and beautiful. Had a great time!
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
    cphrey wrote:

Played Bear Dance for the first time yesterday. Couldn't figure out the greens on the 1st 9 and shot 45, then had it at 2 under through 6 on the back 9 and put one in the pond in front of hole 7, doubled that, then bogied in for a 38. Happy with the total back score but upset I couldn't hold on to the under par 9 and shoot in the 70s. Oh well. The course was in great shape and beautiful. Had a great time!

I've heard great things about Bear Dance, just have not been able to get down there yet!
    played it once, I preferred the front 9 to the back... fun track, i thought, good to play it at least one time. Kinda like fossil trace, one and done.
    Bear Dance is one of my favorites. I need to get back out there again.

I played Indian Peaks yesterday. I wasn't all that impressed with the layout of some of the holes, notably #1 and 7. #7 ate my lunch and I took a quadruple. I had no idea what to hit off of the tee to get to the safe landing zone. I then got unlucky with a lie on 9 and doubled it for a 48 on the front. I was none too pleased. Fortunately, I turned it around on the back and shot a 40 - should have been a 38 or 39 had I not choked on my approach after a great drive on 18.

I suffered major putting woes again, missing some easy putts and not getting one birdie. If I was outside of 20', I could almost guarantee a 3-putt. My putting has been downright terrible this year. I need to figure something out...

On the plus side, I may be picking up a used set of Nike VR Pro Combo irons this week. I remember hitting them a couple years ago and falling in love with them. My Mizzy MP-60's have been great, but I'm ready for something new.
    Edel E-1
This discussion has been closed.