Colorado WRX 2015

Comments

• seven deweyseven dewey Members Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thaar wrote:

How serious are the Men's clubs around here?

I know the people in mine would probably never call someone on something like that, can't speak for the others in the area. I don't even understand why that is against the rules for us weekend hackers anyway. How many of us can actually hit to a yardage on a consistent basis? I've personally never had an issue adjusting for elevation, its the **** wind that I struggle with.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Seven, do you play in the Wellshire Men's club?
    Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • cphreycphrey #SLDRChallenger Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    thaar wrote:

I do.
    Callaway GBB 9* (set at 11*) Diamana S+ Blueboard 60X
    TM SLDR Mini 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m X
    TM SLDR 5 wood Matrix Black Tie 8m3 S
    TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    Callaway MD 2 54 & 58 KBS wedge
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2015 #215
    I don't play enough to justify a rangefinder or standalone GPS unit.

I use SkyDroid on my phone, and it's great. Only $2.

My golf league has never called me on it. I'm guessing (and hope) no men's club would.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
    I don't think Wellshire would allow the laser with slope, but I don't think that anyone would call you on that either. The rule out there is, if you have GPS or a laser, to keep it totally fair, you just have to offer or assist the rest of the group with yardage as well if they don't have the means to do so.
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
    That seems fair. I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if someone made a big deal out of it and wouldn't be able to use it for a round.
    Edel E-1
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to playing Haymaker over Memorial Day weekend. I think I finally found 12 players so that we can do the tournament rate ($75 including golf, cart, range balls, and tournament management).

Unfortunately, two guys bailed and we're back to 10. The good news is that they extended the early season rate another week, so we're playing for $55 walking. Boom.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
  • Misc1600Misc1600 ClubWRX Posts: 936 ClubWRX
    Rain rain go away!
    11350842_902091276480839_333568553419013083_n.jpg?oh=91e0089605a72e19d0521f50161b2396&oe=55CB0C9A

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad they can't pump the water west, the Colorado could use about 10,000 cfs from the S. Platte.
    Forecast doesn't look good either...2-3 more weeks with this weather pattern. We aren't used to this here, I think I'm getting weather depression! ugh
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
    thaar wrote:

No, the Links over in HR. Only a par 62, but I have to use every club in my bag other than fairway woods. It's only $36 to walk, and its and easy walk at that. Great group of guys with handicap ranges of 3-36. 4 flights, usually 50-60 tee it up per week. Every other Saturday with the exception of a couple 2 day events. But the single best thing about it is the Ryder Cup. It's an optional $40 to try to qualify, where you take your two best scores out of 7 qualifiers. Then the first weekend in October the top 6 gross, 16 net and 2 club pros get divided into 2 teams (we even have a pairings party that Friday night before) and you play 3 - 9 hole team matches on Saturday and one 18 hole singles match on Sunday. $75 gets you your rounds, range balls, carts both days, beer and food included.

I understand the course isn't enough for some. But it's far more challenging that it appears on paper. And the Men's club is top notch. No BS, no sandbaggers. I won like $450 in pro shop credit last year, and probably another $250 cash in skins/day money. But you do have to earn it. I had plenty of rounds where I got zilch.
    cphrey wrote:

Forecast doesn't look good either...2-3 more weeks with this weather pattern. We aren't used to this here, I think I'm getting weather depression! ugh

I just read an article about that on 9news. It was basically saying, if you have noticed yourself being more irritable lately, it most likely does have to do with this weather. I work with a couple of guys from Seattle and they don't think anything of it. But for us golfers, it is even worse!
    I enjoy the Links as long as it keeps pace. Sounds like a fun men's league.

On a different note, I thankfully figured out my terrible shank situation. I had some extreme early extension. Not sure what changed to cause it so quickly, but I'm just thankful I figured it out. I still have some slight early extension but it's enough for my hands to clear and strike the ball solid. I'm excited to play again...now we just need the weather to cooperate!
    Edel E-1
  • forecast6236forecast6236 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my match in at saddle rock today with 3 rain delays. Shoes socks glove grips.... everything soaked by the end.

I'm actually looking forward to not playing for at least a week. These thunderstorms are brutal. Maybe the weather pattern will change soon (probably not)
    edited May 24, 2015 #227
    Four-hour, torrential thunderstorm this afternoon up here in Steamboat Springs. Haymaker will be incredibly soggy tomorrow--if we can even play since the storms will start up again around noon according to the forecast. To hedge my bets, I also booked Monday morning tee times.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
  • cantbreak80cantbreak80 Members Posts: 2
    Howdy Guys,

There's a little Skins Game for Denver's weekday players.

The season just got started so there's usually a few spots available.

Gentlemen with every skill level are welcomed. (There's a flighted gross and net stroke-play game included.)

Check it out: www.razzgolf.org

Four-hour, torrential thunderstorm this afternoon up here in Steamboat Springs. Haymaker will be incredibly soggy tomorrow--if we can even play since the storms will start up again around noon according to the forecast. To hedge my bets, I also booked Monday morning tee times.

Most of the guys didn't want to play Monday, but the golf course did have earlier tee times on Sunday, so we took those. The fairways and rough was basically one large casual water area. It rained off and on throughout our round, and it was interspersed with some sunshine. Temperatures were also hovering in the mid-40's (brr). By the time we finished 14, we saw a massive wall of rain heading towards us--fortunately, we were right beside the clubhouse and ran inside. The other two groups were on 18 and finished in the downpour.

It's a fantastic course and well worth $55. It would be definitely worth $75 if it was dry and warm.

Playing Wellshire on 5/31 with my golf league. 8am shotgun start with another tournament. Hopefully it won't take forever.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X

Most of the guys didn't want to play Monday, but the golf course did have earlier tee times on Sunday, so we took those. The fairways and rough was basically one large casual water area. It rained off and on throughout our round, and it was interspersed with some sunshine. Temperatures were also hovering in the mid-40's (brr). By the time we finished 14, we saw a massive wall of rain heading towards us--fortunately, we were right beside the clubhouse and ran inside. The other two groups were on 18 and finished in the downpour.

It's a fantastic course and well worth $55. It would be definitely worth $75 if it was dry and warm.

Playing Wellshire on 5/31 with my golf league. 8am shotgun start with another tournament. Hopefully it won't take forever.

I wish the Wellshire Men's League random draw two man best ball was scheduled for this Sunday instead of Saturday. Looks like sat should be rainy, but the weather could push through for us, hopefully. But Sunday appears to be beautiful in the forecast right now. Was just out there yesterday for a morning round and the course was still soggy in areas, but it's really healthy and the greens are in fantastic condition right now. I think you guys will have a fun time on Sunday!
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
    I need to get out to Wellshire soon, didn't play there once last year.
    Do any courses do birthday specials? Fossil Trace used to years ago, but I think that ship has sailed. If not, any great deals at a nice course for a Sunday?
    Edel E-1
    thaar wrote:

Do any courses do birthday specials? Fossil Trace used to years ago, but I think that ship has sailed. If not, any great deals at a nice course for a Sunday?

not really. most deals will be mon-thurs and if it includes weekends it will be after 1 or 2, which never bothers me. you can sign up for the Westminster golf email and get their deals each month, or the Colo national email which says it's giving you deals but appears to just be their pricing each month or so.
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
    Bummer. I'm also considering heading up to the mountains. I've only played Breck and Vail - I've heard Raven and Keystone were excellent. Which one would you recommend playing? Any others I should consider up there? I'll be doing a day trip, so it has to be a reasonable drive.
    Edel E-1
    thaar wrote:
    Bummer. I'm also considering heading up to the mountains. I've only played Breck and Vail - I've heard Raven and Keystone were excellent. Which one would you recommend playing? Any others I should consider up there? I'll be doing a day trip, so it has to be a reasonable drive.

My in laws work at the Raven. Beautiful course but pricey. May be still early enough that the course is in rough condition or at least it was this time last year.
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
    Haymaker was in fantastic shape (due to all of the rain). It was also extremely soggy (again, due to all of the rain).

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Steamboat is a bit far for a day trip, but it's certainly on my list of courses to play.
    Edel E-1
    cphrey wrote:

I wish the Wellshire Men's League random draw two man best ball was scheduled for this Sunday instead of Saturday. Looks like sat should be rainy, but the weather could push through for us, hopefully. But Sunday appears to be beautiful in the forecast right now. Was just out there yesterday for a morning round and the course was still soggy in areas, but it's really healthy and the greens are in fantastic condition right now. I think you guys will have a fun time on Sunday!

My weather app now says Saturday will be sunny and upper-60's. Great for you, and great for me since we're having a garage sale (and the kids' lemonade stand).

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    thaar wrote:

Steamboat is a bit far for a day trip, but it's certainly on my list of courses to play.

lol ... I was just noting that the mountain courses should be in great shape. I saw glimpses of Raven when we were driving through Silverthorne last Friday. It looked nice and green from what I saw.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ahh, noted! My birthday isn't until mid June, so I imagine the courses will be in decent shape by then....hopefully.
    Edel E-1
    cphrey wrote:

My weather app now says Saturday will be sunny and upper-60's. Great for you, and great for me since we're having a garage sale (and the kids' lemonade stand).

Fingers crossed it stays nice!
    SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
    TM ATV 52
    TM SpiderBlade Custom
This discussion has been closed.