Sheraton Cabo Del Sol Deal

Just wondering if anyone out there has booked the Cabo Del Sol package with the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar it seems for 325-375 a night in April I can book four nights and get unlimited golf on the Ocean and Desert course.

Deal seem too good to be true wondering if any fellow forum members have had any experience in past with package

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='cbbaron' timestamp='1420686627' post='10706113']
[quote name='jml4' timestamp='1420685451' post='10705991']
The terms and conditions look pretty legit, but maybe call and get confirmation on unlimited?
[/quote] I keep reading it seems legit but also hell of a deal if its valid
[/quote]

Absolutely! The wife and I have been looking at places for our next vacation, and thanks to you Cabo may have jumped to the top of the list, especially as it's so close to us!

[quote name='jml4' timestamp='1420693948' post='10706789']
[quote name='cbbaron' timestamp='1420686627' post='10706113']
[quote name='jml4' timestamp='1420685451' post='10705991']
The terms and conditions look pretty legit, but maybe call and get confirmation on unlimited?
[/quote] I keep reading it seems legit but also hell of a deal if its valid
[/quote]

Absolutely! The wife and I have been looking at places for our next vacation, and thanks to you Cabo may have jumped to the top of the list, especially as it's so close to us!
[/quote]Go to Scottsdale 2-3 times a year sometimes with wife sometimes a buddy was looking for somewhere different for Easter weekend and haven't been to Cabo in like 10 years and my wife has not been there so looks like we are going there

If you can get on Diamante club in Cabo, play it. Its the best course and golf experience I have ever had.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

39" Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

[quote name='jumanji' timestamp='1421722512' post='10780741']
We've been to Cabo a few times and there really isn't that much to worry about in the tourist corridor and the Sheraton is a nice place...
[/quote]Been there 3 times also wife has never been and she listens to people that have to say Cancun and other spots and aren't street smart and so forth

[quote name='cbbaron' timestamp='1421724068' post='10780915'][quote name='jumanji' timestamp='1421722512' post='10780741']
We've been to Cabo a few times and there really isn't that much to worry about in the tourist corridor and the Sheraton is a nice place...
[/quote]Been there 3 times also wife has never been and she listens to people that have to say Cancun and other spots and aren't street smart and so forth[/quote]

I'm from LA, and have spent my fair share of time in Mexico - from TJ, to Roasrito, and Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun.

The resort destination places like Cabo are not any more "dangerous" than any other highly touristed vacation spot. The talk of cartels and stuff in these area is not an immediate issue. That's not to say that these things don't exist, of course they do, but in my experience these resort type places are more protected against that type of things as vacationers all stick close to these resorts.

As with any place abroad, just be mindful of your surroundings and keep a good head on, and you'll be fine.

Just my .02

[quote name='jml4' timestamp='1421725464' post='10781075']
[quote name='cbbaron' timestamp='1421724068' post='10780915'][quote name='jumanji' timestamp='1421722512' post='10780741']
[/quote]Been there 3 times also wife has never been and she listens to people that have to say Cancun and other spots and aren't street smart and so forth[/quote]

I'm from LA, and have spent my fair share of time in Mexico - from TJ, to Roasrito, and Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun.

The resort destination places like Cabo are not any more "dangerous" than any other highly touristed vacation spot. The talk of cartels and stuff in these area is not an immediate issue. That's not to say that these things don't exist, of course they do, but in my experience these resort type places are more protected against that type of things as vacationers all stick close to these resorts.

As with any place abroad, just be mindful of your surroundings and keep a good head on, and you'll be fine.

Just my .02
[/quote]I agree with you 100 percent but when she says why don't we go to Bandon instead you have never been there it makes for a serious dilemma and also not a bad problem to have lol

[quote name='cbbaron' timestamp='1421727045' post='10781241'][quote name='jml4' timestamp='1421725464' post='10781075']

Just my .02
[/quote]I agree with you 100 percent but when she says why don't we go to Bandon instead you have never been there it makes for a serious dilemma and also not a bad problem to have lol[/quote]

Of course!

[quote name='cbbaron' timestamp='1421727045' post='10781241']

I agree with you 100 percent but when she says why don't we go to Bandon instead you have never been there it makes for a serious dilemma and also not a bad problem to have lol
[/quote]

I can tell you exactly what the weather will be like in Cabo every day in April...can you do that in Oregon!?

[quote name='jumanji' timestamp='1421772445' post='10783549']
[quote name='cbbaron' timestamp='1421727045' post='10781241']
I agree with you 100 percent but when she says why don't we go to Bandon instead you have never been there it makes for a serious dilemma and also not a bad problem to have lol
[/quote]

I can tell you exactly what the weather will be like in Cabo every day in April...can you do that in Oregon!?
[/quote]being from Boston sure it would be pretty close to same as Cape Cod Lol

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1421717187' post='10779849']
If you can get on Diamante club in Cabo, play it. Its the best course and golf experience I have ever had.
[/quote]

If I may ask, how'd you arrange to get on Diamante? We're heading down in March and are set up at Quivira but with Diamante in that area, am curious how visitors can get on to play there. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='TomWishon' timestamp='1421970434' post='10800125']
[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1421717187' post='10779849']
[/quote]

If I may ask, how'd you arrange to get on Diamante? We're heading down in March and are set up at Quivira but with Diamante in that area, am curious how visitors can get on to play there. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

PM sent

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

39" Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! First post!

Going to Cabo next week. Actually staying about an hour to the north near a town called Todos Santos. Looking to play a round or two. Right now Cabo Real is 50% off at $105 for morning times. Their site says that they are experiencing "minor irrigation issues" which is the reason for the discounted rate. Also thinking of playing at the Gary Player designed Costa Baja which is in the town of La Paz about an hour northeast of where we will be. Wondering if anyone has played that course?

Right now planning a Bandon trip in late March. (I live in Portland). The rates are still (relatively) cheap just have to hope for good weather. Could be 60 and sunny...or could be 45 and raining. Wish me luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Thats a great deal. Green fees at Cabo del Sol alone are about $250. You'll have a choice of the Weiskopf or Nicklaus track. So many good tracks to play in Cabo though. Querencia, El Dorado, Cabo Real, Palmilla, Diamante, Puerto Los Cabos just to name a few. I go every spring.

2015 Taylormade PSI 4-PW
2009 Titleist Vokey BV Spin Milled 52
2009 Titleist Vokey BV Spin Milled 56
2018 Taylormade Milled Grind 60
2005 King Cobra Baffler Hybrid 20
2017 Callaway GBB Epic 3W 13.5 +1
2014 Ping G-30 10.5
2018 Titleist Stay Dry Bag

• 2 months later...

Just flew back in this afternoon after 4 days in at the Sheraton. My wife, who doesn't golf, was aweseom, and I golfed at Cabo Del Sol 3x. Thursday & saturday, first one out on Ocean, and Friday late morning on Desert. Have to say the facilities were amazing. Desert greens had just been punched 10 days ago, and the winds were blowing 20+ mph, (which is insane to me as I'm in LA where there is no wind)... Played horrible that day... However, the Ocean course is one of the best tracks I've played on. Perfect conditions, great views, and it helped that I shot 85/87 my two rounds!

Have to say, the unlimited golf was something that was so amazing, especially when my wife and I got to stay at a great hotel resort for a normal nightly rate, I essentially got free golf (before tipping everyone) at one of, if not the best courses in Cabo. Cabo Del Sol is highly highly recommended. Hell, as soon as I am in a place in my life, I will buy a vacation home on that course and just live there :golfer:

Anyway, here are a few pics that I snapped on my phone... wasn't trying to take a ton of pics, but I did edit the last one...

The clubhouse from the driving range

[attachment=2762080:Photo May 15, 10 04 08 AM.jpg]

17th Green

[attachment=2762082:Photo May 16, 9 48 32 AM.jpg]

7th Green

[attachment=2762076:Photo May 17, 6 17 41 PM.jpg]

[quote name='snkstaff' timestamp='1431928245' post='11577196']So are there good deals in Cabo right now? My wife has talked about taking a trip and if the deals are good it would be worth it to go.[/quote]

Not sure... I went down after purchasing the stay and play mentioned by the OP. A deal like that at a course like Cabo del Sol doesn't happen...ever. And it seemed like I was definitely in the minority with that deal, most payed $200+ to get out on Ocean Course.

It's worth looking into, but I don't know if there are deals. I can tell you the deals they try to sell you on as you're getting a shuttle out from the airport are not the way to go, so you'll have to decline 4 or 5 times...