ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

SeeMore Putters...Here Is The Love!

GolfcatGolfcat Advanced Members Posts: 673
edited January 2015 in Putters
Long time member...long time Scotty fan. Prolly fueled by reading this board image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Seriously...really getting into the SeeMore brand lately. Currently have a m3w (think center shafted offset Rossie, milled), and an X2 (think 2.6 with firm insert).

Being that we are equipment geeks, you would think the SeeMore technology would get more airtime here. (Rifle Scope Technology, face balanced at impact). Maybe due to limited tour presence, but I am coming to grips that I am not a tour quality puttee...I will take all the technology that I can get.

What SeeMore's are in play here on the board?

Patrick
Post edited by Unknown User on
Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w 2KNV Blue
Ping i200 4-u, Glide 54, 58
Guerin GR3 Mallet

Comments

• MedsonMedson Advanced Members Posts: 2,310
    SeeMore FGP. Nothing fancy. I've been practicing a lot with it and maybe will knock my Anser out of the bag?
  • Jamboy72Jamboy72 Powered by the old school Members Posts: 5,957 ✭✭
    That's a great question...no doubt they make a great product, but from what I see/hear, they don't really put themselves out there much and you're right - there's not much buzz around the company.....maybe they like it that way??
  • HakkoHakko Advanced Members Posts: 892 ✭✭
    Actually, they're pretty active on this board and have answered questions and customer service inquiries. There seems to be a small but relatively vocal group of Seemore fanboys on this board. I'm certainly one.
    Cobra F8+ Diamana Blue S
    Taylormade M1 15º, 19° Matrix Black Tie S
    Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S 4-P
    Seemore Z2, 36"
    Ben Hogan 51º
    Anthem 56°
    Miura 59°
  • autisticloveautisticlove Advanced Members Posts: 544
    Quite possibly the best customer service in the business from my experience. Great folks who'll go the extra mile to make you a perfect putter.
  • wooleebooleewooleeboolee Members Posts: 239
    I play with a Private Reserve m2c and love it. Best putter I've owned. Scottys are certainly more popular but I putt better with my SeeMore. Great accuracy and feel. The best customer service in the industry and really good people, always willing to help. I like their products and service, but I also like the fact that they are a USA company.
  • KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGEKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE 300 YARD DRAWS AND 10 LB HOOKS! Advanced Members Posts: 4,524
    I have a CS ONE, high quality putter.
  • atkinsincatkinsinc Advanced Members Posts: 130
    I play the M3, which I bought a few years back.

I bought some clubs for a friend off Craigslist the other day from a guy that, at one time owned 21 Seemore putters. He spent some time at their headquarters (easy since we are in Knoxville, TN). He said they were unbelievably classy people, and was blown away at their company care for clients.

FWIW- I bought 3 Scotty Camerons this year, and each has not been able to permanently displace the Seemore.

I have a CS ONE, high quality putter.

The CS One is an awesome putter. I've been thinking of getting one lately to add to the m2c and the FGP. The CS One just rolls so true for me when I've hit with it at my local Roger Dunn. Super feel and balance.
  • Railroading13Railroading13 Advanced Members Posts: 591 ✭✭
    Used the FGP for almost a decade, switched to a SB1 mallet, love it, SeeMore doesnt get the hype of other brands but IMO, it's the best in the business... Oh and dont forget Payne Stewart used 1 to win the Open and Zach Johnson still uses 1
    WITB

Cobra King LTD 9.5 Fujikura Pro 73 X
    Cobra Bio Cell 14.5 Diamana D+ 80 X
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 18.5 Diamana Ahina 80X
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4-5 KBS Tour 130X
    Mizuno MP18 SC 6-PW KBS Tour 130X
    Mizuno S18 GW 52.9
    Mizuno T5 SW 56.14
    Callaway PM Grind 60.10
    Odyssey O Works 7s W/ Superstroke 50G counterweight

Used the FGP for almost a decade, switched to a SB1 mallet, love it, SeeMore doesnt get the hype of other brands but IMO, it's the best in the business... Oh and dont forget Payne Stewart used 1 to win the Open and Zach Johnson still uses 1

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Hicks, who caddied for Payne Stewart, in NC last year. Mike is a certified SeeMore putting instructor and fitter (look on the SeeMore website for SPI instructors). I was able to get a 2 hour putting lesson from Mike on a weekend while I was in the Charlotte area on business. That was the best 2 hours of instruction and chatting (about PS, golf, and life) I've ever had. Mike's home course has a small glassed-in exhibit that has a lot of PS's golf memorabilia that would wow most of us. So, if anyone is in the NC area, wants a SeeMore fitting, a great putting lesson, or just wants to meet a very genuine and nice man who spent years on PS's bag, then definitely look up Mike!
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Advanced Members Posts: 7,605 ✭✭
    The X3 might be the best insert putter I'be tried.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • TNRebTNReb Advanced Members Posts: 751
    I've tried them. I've been down to their place in Franklin and through the fitting process. I'm just not a fan.
  • GolfcatGolfcat Advanced Members Posts: 673
    TNR

What did not work for you?
    Guerin GR3 Mallet
  • kmod83_18kmod83_18 Advanced Members Posts: 127
    I just picked up a see more this last week hoping it is to be here soon. I have putted with it on an indoor putting green can wait to see what it can do outside never really thought about a seemore but the concept is fantastic and I'm willing to try anything
    Ping25 10.5 Tour AD DI 6X
    Srixon 545f 3 Wood Kuro Kage Stiff
    Adams Pro 20
    Srixon 545 4-PW DG X100
    Cleveland RTX 50, 54, 58 X100
    Seemore FGP PTM 1
    Prov1X
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed Advanced Members Posts: 3,292 ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I have a really nice Z2C... great putter and company... I just ended up liking my Betti better. The Z will probably be hitting the classified boards here in a month or so.
  • pingpringpingpring Advanced Members Posts: 324
    My M6 is the only club safely in my bag. So simple yet so darn good.
    The thing I picked up this week is that in order to stay square to the target line, you need to hide the red dot throughout your stroke. I had always thought RST was just for setup.

Back to the practice green...
    Guerin GR3 Mallet
  • lsf_21lsf_21 Advanced Members Posts: 1,865
    I had a seemore. I really liked the feel and all. Center shafted wasnt for me. Wanted to get another model but have moved to an armlock putter and they do not make one of them.

I actually emailed them asking if they had plans to make an armlock and they said no. If they ever do make one I will be in line.
  • dn0614dn0614 Advanced Members Posts: 326
    I had a fgp a couple years ago and had mixed success with it. I putted with a few others for awhile and putter ok, but felt like I could be doing better. So, I scheduled a lesson with Pat O'Brien in Dallas and bought a Z2c for the lesson.

I'm putting in a lot of work this winter and think that I'm finally reaching my potential on the greens. Hopefully, this is my last putter change. That being said, I would probably trade someone straight up for an mfgp in good condition. Lol
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Advanced Members Posts: 6,342 ✭✭
    mFGP is the best feeling putter I've ever used.
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • Green in RegGreen in Reg Advanced Members Posts: 430
    I have a SB1 on the truck headed my way as we speak! Fingers crossed it can take a spot in the bag...
    GBB Epic SZ 10.5*- Diamana blue board
    Cobra F8+ 16.5*
    Callaway Epic hybrids 19* and 22*
    Taylormade P790 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50* 55* and 60*
    Spider Tour 33"
  • TNRebTNReb Advanced Members Posts: 751
    Golfcat wrote:

TNR

I just don't buy in to their "hide the red dot" method. You can set up a lot of different ways and still hide the red dot. I prefer anser style putters with a plumbers neck. SeeMore makes one of those, but the fitter told me very bluntly "we don't recommend those. We only made them because people wanted them. They don't really help with our aiming method".

I bought a OneCS and tried it... but I just never stuck with it.

Anybody that knows me will you tell you I change putters about as often as I change my underwear... so I'm probably the last person that should really be commenting in this thread. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • dn0614dn0614 Advanced Members Posts: 326
    TNReb wrote:
    Golfcat wrote:

TNR

I just don't buy in to their "hide the red dot" method. You can set up a lot of different ways and still hide the red dot. I prefer anser style putters with a plumbers neck. SeeMore makes one of those, but the fitter told me very bluntly "we don't recommend those. We only made them because people wanted them. They don't really help with our aiming method".

Anybody that knows me will you tell you I change putters about as often as I change my underwear... so I'm probably the last person that should really be commenting in this thread. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The "hide the red dot" system is not very important to me either. I usually don't even look. My reason for using one is the near center shaft toe down blade with no offset. It just works for me.
  • SeeMore PuttersSeeMore Putters Sponsors Posts: 602 ✭✭
    TNReb wrote:

Golfcat wrote:

TNR

TNR - how has your putting been of late. Happy for you to stop back in and see us! Give us a call 615-435-8015 or [email protected] Thanks.
  • kmod83_18kmod83_18 Advanced Members Posts: 127
    Just received my fgp-w was a little bummed when it came to the door as a w but I have been putting with it on the carpet and it's been rolling really good. I think it will make the cut into the bag hopefully it will help in my PAT this year that's been my biggest problem everyone I have taken thus far
    Ping25 10.5 Tour AD DI 6X
    Srixon 545f 3 Wood Kuro Kage Stiff
    Adams Pro 20
    Srixon 545 4-PW DG X100
    Cleveland RTX 50, 54, 58 X100
    Seemore FGP PTM 1
    Prov1X
  • chamgel2chamgel2 Advanced Members Posts: 1,281
    I game a mfgp DF, have gamed numerous Seemore's over the years and this one gives me the best combination of forgiveness and toe flow, combined with the great feel of a carbon putter.
    Ping G400 LST 10* PX Hzrdus Yellow 63
    Cobra Baffler 16.5* PX Hzrdus Black 75
    Ping Anser 20* Steelfiber i95
    Ping g410 5-PW,UW, SW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey SM6 Raw 58m Steelfiber i95
    Ping Glide 60es 2.0 Stealth Steelfiber i95
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4
    TP5
  • Chief71Chief71 Advanced Members Posts: 338
    edited January 2015
    Huge Seemore fan and right now I am having a hard time deciding between a newly acquired z3c and the X3. However, I also have a ONEcs, SB2, mFGP2, and the si3. Wow, I guess I am going to have sell 3 of the last 4. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Your-away!Your-away! Advanced Members Posts: 922
    i love mine! the biggest compliment i can give it is to say for the first time in my golfing life im not even contemplating changing my putter, and ive had a few to say the least!
    DRIVER:Taylormade M2 (2016) 9.5* - Diamana 60S
    3 WOOD:Taylormade M2 Tour (2017) 17* HL - Diamana 70 S
    HYBRID:Adams Proto DHY 21* - Steelfiber i95 s
    IRONS 4-PW:Taylormade P770 -KBS Tour S 2.0* flat
    GAP WEDGE:Taylormade R Series Satin 51*(52) - KBS Tour S - 2.5* flat
    WEDGES:Titleist SM6 RAW - 56/60 - S300 - 2.5* Flat
    PUTTER:TaylormadeSpider Tour Red - 34"
    BALL:[font=comic sans ms, cursive]Whichever gets bought for me, or found.[/font]
  • coopscoops Advanced Members Posts: 1,199 ✭✭
    I'm moving towards the feeling that unless Seemore produce an armlock FGP i'll be keeping my used ebay bought 'The Seemore FGP' in lovely matte black with the brass/bronze head material...

I still use my Bettinardi Kuchar 1 Arm Lock as it gets me back to quiteing the hands and arms down, but really prefer the look at address and feel of the FGP - and the red dot certainly helps me as i find it woefully easy to gimp my setup horribly...
    kmod83_18 wrote:

Just received my fgp-w was a little bummed when it came to the door as a w but I have been putting with it on the carpet and it's been rolling really good. I think it will make the cut into the bag hopefully it will help in my PAT this year that's been my biggest problem everyone I have taken thus far

Give us a call. Our SPi instructors want to help you putter more consistent. Do not be afraid to ask the questions - we want to help.
    lsf_21 wrote:

I had a seemore. I really liked the feel and all. Center shafted wasnt for me. Wanted to get another model but have moved to an armlock putter and they do not make one of them.

I actually emailed them asking if they had plans to make an armlock and they said no. If they ever do make one I will be in line.

We can make you an arm lock putter - they are just not listed on the website. Give us a call at 615-435-8015.
    edited January 2015
    So the other day, Scotty Cameron asked me to call him

(Said no one ever)

Nice service!

My main reason for moving to SeeMore...whenever I went in the golf store, i would make everything with and Si3w. I couldn't do it....I was a Cameron man.

Quite honestly...I admire those folks with old trusty putters. I want to be one. I am tired of running on the Cameron hamster wheel, buying the newest every year. I am buying into the whole theory...even using the Conventional Claw taught by O'Brien (not really that different from my regular grip).

I am excited for 2015.
    Guerin GR3 Mallet
  • GMoney76GMoney76 Advanced Members Posts: 891
    I've been looking/trying these in stores as of late and like how they set up and feel. Interested to learn more about the RST.

I'm a fan of the Del Mar and oddysey #9 style putters. Is there a model I should gravitate towards?
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
    Nike Vapor Fly 3w
    Nike Vapor Flex 3h
    Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
    Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
    Nike Method Origin B2-05
    RZN Dot Platinum
    IG Gchrist_01
  • JNZJNZ Advanced Members Posts: 92
    I had a X2 and while I liked the feel, could keep the red spot covered and found it gave a great roll I never holed much with it. The wrist position always felt uncomfortable and I wonder if the Si4 or X4 would be more what I am used to and comfortable with.
    GMoney76 wrote:

I've been looking/trying these in stores as of late and like how they set up and feel. Interested to learn more about the RST.

I'm a fan of the Del Mar and oddysey #9 style putters. Is there a model I should gravitate towards?

Watch this 3 times and give us a call or [email protected] - we can walk you through areas and maybe even point you in the direction of a SPi instructor close to you. Thanks for giving us a look.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    SeeMore Putters SPi along with the Garsen G-Pro grips is a WINNER!!!
  • GMoney76GMoney76 Advanced Members Posts: 891
    GMoney76 wrote:

[url="http://www.seemore.com/technology/32/106/"]Watch this 3 times[/url] and give us a call or [email protected] - we can walk you through areas and maybe even point you in the direction of a SPi instructor close to you. Thanks for giving us a look.
    Awesome.. Thanks much and will do
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
    Nike Vapor Fly 3w
    Nike Vapor Flex 3h
    Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
    Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
    Nike Method Origin B2-05
    RZN Dot Platinum
    IG Gchrist_01
    edited January 2015
    Bernerd...do you use a Seemore?
    Guerin GR3 Mallet
  • Backspin9Backspin9 . Advanced Members Posts: 666
    I changed over to SeeMore last year after playing a plethora of Scotty's, Pings, Oddyssey's, etc. I tried a few different SeeMore's and settled on the z3C mallet. My main problem with putting was alignment and the z3C along with a lesson from an SPi instructor really did the trick.
    PING G Kuro Kage HBP 60
    Callaway XR16 3 & 5W Tensei CK Blue 70
    PING G25 23 Hybrid GD Tour AD 85g Hyb
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-GW Recoil 780ES
    Callaway MD3 54 & 58 Recoil 110
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red / SS Flatso 1.0
    Bridgestone Tour B330
    Backspin9 wrote:

I changed over to SeeMore last year after playing a plethora of Scotty's, Pings, Oddyssey's, etc. I tried a few different SeeMore's and settled on the z3C mallet. My main problem with putting was alignment and the z3C along with a lesson from an SPi instructor really did the trick.

The z3c is beautiful. May be my next SeeMore! How soft does it feel?
    To me it isn't as soft as a putter with an insert, but it does have nice semi-deep milling and gives great feedback. I would call it more of a "crisp" feel with a ProV1x, similar to a Scotty without the deep milling. Some guys like a mushy soft feeling putter but the Z series is not like that.
    PING G Kuro Kage HBP 60
    Bridgestone Tour B330
    Backspin9 wrote:

To me it isn't as soft as a putter with an insert, but it does have nice semi-deep milling and gives great feedback. I would call it more of a "crisp" feel with a ProV1x, similar to a Scotty without the deep milling. Some guys like a mushy soft feeling putter but the Z series is not like that.

Great. Thanks for the feedback. I don't do well with inserts. Distance control is my problem with longer putts. But, I also like a putter that gives good feedback on impact. So a crisp hit would be perfect, especially when I use a slightly softer ball than a ProV1x. Thanks!!
  • yedi015yedi015 Advanced Members Posts: 1,149
    Seemore, could u make a z3c mallet counter balanced putter?
    Team beachbody coach
    WITB Link
    yedi015 wrote:

Seemore, could u make a z3c mallet counter balanced putter?

You can counterbalance any putter, but they could do that to a z3c. It's just a matter of using the heavier weights in the sole and a counterbalance-style grip, which they have. Their CB grips are 112g which would be enough weight without needing more.
    PING G Kuro Kage HBP 60
    Bridgestone Tour B330
    Did not hit the ball great yesterday, but 28 putts with my m3w sure helped. 78
    Guerin GR3 Mallet
  • GainziniGainzini Advanced Members Posts: 755
    Used to be a see more guy, had over 20 models. Had a real **** experience customer service / more the actual work when sending in my m3w years back ... Consequently became a Scotty guy, while as a brand their noses are way higher in the air ( which can be knocked ) you cannot knock their craftsmanship. which after the process of having work done on a putter is all that is visible
  • MMB1500MMB1500 Advanced Members Posts: 6,309 ✭✭
    I am a big fan of Seemore - both the putters and the company in general. The customer service I've had from them has always been first class.

Currently have a mFGP CS HT and am seriously considering picking up a Tour Z3C very soon.
    ///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///
  • GraymulliganGraymulligan Advanced Members Posts: 2,360 ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the company, I just wish they made a putter that I liked. Actually, check that, it's probably better that they don't.
    M5 w/Rogue
    Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
    RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
    PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
    MD3 50/54/58
    Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

• bd59bd59 Advanced Members Posts: 781 ✭✭
    I can't wait for the FGP Giant to be released!!
    Hey, hey! Russell Knox was rocking the FGP Giant this week for a T13.

Tour presence from someone other than Zach.
    Guerin GR3 Mallet