What is the best putter?

What is the best putter out there?

Comments

• kkherekkhere Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,138
    all personal preference but i like a lot of the mills putters and especially some of the scotty's especially scotty cameron inspired by davis love III
  • IMAGOLFERIMAGOLFER Charter Members Posts: 1,302 ✭✭
    K20A2 wrote on Nov 17 2005, 05:48 PM:
    »

No one can answer that...

There can ONLY be a best putter out there for each individual golfer.
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    PERSONALLY, i prefer Scotty Camerons over others....really the only two brands i have e3ver played was odyssey and then Scotty cameron... i love my scotty and woul dnever switch.....unless....... i got a custom GSS newport 2...hey we can all dream cant we! image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

DAn
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • BridgestoneKevinBridgestoneKevin Take what you want, not whats givin Members Posts: 301
    i used to be on the scotty band wagon, until i started playing fast greens, then i switched to the YES! c groove, and that putter is the softest thing i have ever hit. i love it. i got the tracy, and sometimes i leave some putts shorter than i would like, but its all about getting used to it and everyhitng. i feel like i have great control with it and it rolls very true.
  • acrazygolferacrazygolfer Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    IMAGOLFER wrote on Nov 17 2005, 06:25 PM:
    K20A2 wrote on Nov 17 2005, 05:48 PM:
    »

No one can answer that...

There can ONLY be a best putter out there for each individual golfer.
    »

Exactly.
  • Lord ThomasLord Thomas Resident Royal Junior Mod Squad Posts: 880
    Putters are so personal that there is only a "best" putter for an individual golfer, and even that can change on a round-by-round basis, just look at some of the WITB of the guys here.

I think that the most important characteristic of a putter is that it looks good to you, and fits your stroke to some degree (if you're a "barn door putter", don't use a center shafted putter, etc.).

That said, I prefer Bettinardis over Scottys, but I wouldn't trade anything for my bevy of hand made David Cameron putters.

-Thomas
  • BridgestoneKevinBridgestoneKevin Take what you want, not whats givin Members Posts: 301
    i would love one of those old betti's, but just dont have the money.
  • pingjaspingjas Posts: 134
    Ping Anser WRX, Only milled faced Ping putter, Owe by the way they invented the shape of the head, **** Cameron
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals Posts: 7,105 mod
    pingjas wrote on Nov 18 2005, 05:50 AM:
    Ping Anser WRX, Only milled faced Ping putter, Owe by the way they invented the shape of the head,  **** Cameron
    »

This does not need to be a flame-fest. Cameron may not have invented the headshape, but he definitely makes a quality putter. Personally I REALLY don't like the feel of the Anser WRX ti-series. The applied milling (not a true-milled face) was a nice, but unnecessary touch, but with the titanium hosels the overal headweight was way too light. The JAS series are, on the other hand, milled. They also weigh in at just under 350g.

As for which is best, I've got no good answer. But I do like my putter a little! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
    :hi:
  • jackn jackn Jr. Boomers Posts: 732 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2005 #11
    I love my scotty cameron studio stainless newport 2.5. It is the standard 35 inch model with a black baby t grip. It is just the right thickness. It is a much better grip than the stock thin cameron one.

In the summers i play very very fast greens at royal county down. Sometimes the ball bobbles on the spot in the wind. I believe that the year the british amateur was played at county down the greens were faster than augusta that year so whenever i play my local course i found it harder to ajust to slow greens with my old white hot. I found that the scotty performs well on the fast greens and the slow ones image/scotty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' /> image/scotty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/scotty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':grin:' />
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    Putters are sooooo personal. It's hard to say which is the best out there. Ok so you can speak about Scottys, Pings and Odyssey but what one person likes an other might hate.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    progolfer33 wrote on Nov 20 2005, 06:54 AM:
    Putters are sooooo personal. It's hard to say which is the best out there. Ok so you can speak about Scottys, Pings and Odyssey but what one person likes an other might hate.
    »

Your soo right... that why i added the "for me personally to my post"....we need to change the name of this thread to what is YOUR favortie putter...(hopefully its the one ur using).....LOL

DaN"goose" image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • You know, i've tried so many putters. I'll tell you what, don't rely on main stream. I live in Washington, and there is this guy who makes 100% custom putters, and each is named after a washington city. His putters are not available in stores, but you want an awesome putter incredibly personalized, try www.slightergolf.com. I am a putter maniac, i have like 30, and these putters compete with the best.

-dynomike
  • littleprov1xlittleprov1x Members Posts: 1,050 ClubWRX
    Personally I love Scotty's, but my next putter is gonna be a YES!. I putted with one a few weeks ago and it is the real deal, but as far as craftsmanship on retail putters, you can't go wrong with camerons.
  • simmoboysimmoboy Members Posts: 777
    Personally im a scotty lover but have also had some success with a never comprimise.

The never comprimise putter are the most underated putters around IMO.

brent
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Ill make it quite easy. I love the Scotty Cameron dont own it but I had to

demo it about a good 20 times or so image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />. Also I liked the Nike Blue-chip mallet.
  • ForeOnRoadForeOnRoad Members Posts: 80
    edited Dec 9, 2005 #18
    I love my Tri Hot #2.

I am surprised that I have kept it for the four years or so. I just haven't found a putter that I like more. I have looked at and tried quite a few. I don't have any interest at all in most of the putters available now.
  • JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347
    SC Del-Mar 3.5

Just ask Pitbull.
  • italianstallionitalianstallion Bethpage Black - 8th hole Junior Mod Squad Posts: 3,016 ✭✭
    I've fallen in love with my Rossa Daytona Sport 1. Got it for 50 bucks, so I had to buy it. Great putter, feel and weight were exactly what I was looking for. I like it better than a Scotty, but I still wouldn't mind having one! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    I'd have to go with my Scotty Newport 2.
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    I'd have to say either a Newport 2 head, or a Del-Mar 3.5, I am loving the looks of the 3.5 more and more, I am just hoping one of these days I will come accross a either Inspired by Sergio, or PP for a reasonable price, oh those are **** putters!

- Bryan
  • kkherekkhere Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,138
    clevelandballer1028 wrote on Dec 11 2005, 03&#58;22 PM:

I'd have to say either a Newport 2 head, or a Del-Mar 3.5, I am loving the looks of the 3.5 more and more, I am just hoping one of these days I will come accross a either Inspired by Sergio, or PP for a reasonable price, oh those are **** putters!

- Bryan

Bryan, i agree. The inspired by Sergio is a sweet putteer
  • k-unitk-unit Posts: 321
    napa or del mar 3.5
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers Posts: 543
    The one that puts the [email protected] ball in the hole. 73, 33 puts, and a new putter shaft on the way. image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
  • ForeontheFloorForeontheFloor Members Posts: 8
    K20A2 wrote on Nov 17 2005, 08&#58;48 PM:

I like a putter that makes the ball go in the hole image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Mills and Slighter. Best putters you can own.
  • jarrojarro Members Posts: 48
    Scotty Cameron Phantom Mallet image/scotty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    Personally its all about prefence my personally opioin is scotty and oddessy.
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    everyone has a favourite putter.ive had quite a few currently using ping doc 34 with scotty cord grip but i was stupid2 sell an odyssey white hot no.8 i had.what a putter.one for the tradiotionalist!
  • NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    A putter is all about personal preference. What feels good to me may not feel good to someone else. Right now I would have to say Tom Slighter's putter are the best money can buy because he will custom make it from scratch with whatever you want done to it. I am having a Slighter Tacoma being made right now and will host pics when I get it. Website is slightergolf.com

Adam