New Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder

Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder.

Earlier today on the Golf Channel I saw an ad for a new rangefinder from Bushnell called the Tour X. It was a fast commercial. Said something about being able to turn slope on or off in case you play in tournaments. Kind of like the Leupold GX-4I2. Did anyone see or hear anything?
Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Comments

• Luke7Luke7 Club Junkie Members Posts: 1,121 ✭✭
    Any tournaments I've played in if it even had the ability to tell slope it wasn't allowed.
    Taylormade M1 10.5* W/ Rogue 125 60TX
    Titleist 915 F 15* Rogue 125 70TX

Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Tour AD-DI 105X
    Titleist 716 MB 4-Pw TI DG AMT X100
    Titleist SM6 Raw 52.08, 56.08, 60.08 DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron HHH 009
    WITB Link
  • Captain Morgan Captain Morgan Posts: 706 ✭✭
    "Conforms to USGA Rule 14-3

The chrome faceplate (included) disables True Golf Range and Club Selector features to make the GX-4i² permitted for use under the rules of golf (per USGA Rule 14-3/0.5)."

This came off Leupold website.
    Don't want to get off topic. I just want to know about the new rangefinder. If I see it again I'll pause the TV and take a picture.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,358 ✭✭
    Nothing in Bushnells website as of yet. I wonder what these will be priced at?
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,505 ✭✭
    Here's a picture

@GolfWRX: Bushnell's new TourX range finder http://t.co/eFzqHTh6gw
    Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • jamiejamie Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

Nothing in Bushnells website as of yet. I wonder what these will be priced at?

$499.99 http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/Bushnell-Tour-X-Rangefinder/10119913/Product
    PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G400 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
    PING I200 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
    PING Cadence Ketsch TR CB 35"
    jamie wrote:

Great find!

jamie wrote:

Great find!

I just bought a V3 slope last week and now I'm regretting it. I have an original 1500 pinseeker that I can use in tournaments but I love the idea of only needing one!
    PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G400 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
  • WindyCitySPNWindyCitySPN Members Posts: 944 ✭✭
    From the pics this thing looks pretty sweet. There goes 5 bills from my account
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,539 mod
    Luke7 wrote:

Any tournaments I've played in if it even had the ability to tell slope it wasn't allowed.

But if the correct faceplate is installed - it would not have the ability to tell slope.

If it's USGA conforming like the Leupold, I dont see any reason you would be in violation. Our am tour allows people to use smart phones as GPS devices - even though they technically have the ability to use aps that show slope or other not-allowed weather functions.

Now if they could package the TourX with some KickX golf balls we might really be onto something.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
    jamie wrote:

jamie wrote:

Great find!

I just bought a V3 slope last week and now I'm regretting it. I have an original 1500 pinseeker that I can use in tournaments but I love the idea of only needing one!

Take it back and upgrade to this new model.
    I purchased the Leupold GX-4i2 at the end of summer last year. I will have to put that against the TourX when I find one. If I like it more I will sell the Leupold. Gonna be hard to beat though.

jamie wrote:

jamie wrote:

Great find!

Take it back and upgrade to this new model.

I think that's my new plan!
  • avgjoeavgjoe Members Posts: 4,999
    hideous
  • BodeeBodee Pucker Up Ball, You're going For A Ride! Members Posts: 1,106

I purchased the Leupold GX-4i2 at the end of summer last year. I will have to put that against the TourX when I find one. If I like it more I will sell the Leupold. Gonna be hard to beat though.

If it would be hard to beat and works like it's supposed to why would you? Other than to have the latest and greatest. A very anti-WRX'er statement, I know image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Cleveland Classic 270
    R11 3 Wood/Tee XCG-V 5 wood
    Ping i20's 3-PW
    Vokey 50,54
    Tour Issue Ghost Corza
    Srixon XV / Volvik /TP-X
  • The X has a very effective design. Convinced me to buy the Z6!
    I play so bad, but it feels so good!
    WITB Link
    Bodee wrote:

If it would be hard to beat and works like it's supposed to why would you? Other than to have the latest and greatest. A very anti-WRX'er statement, I know image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

I had the Bushnell Tour Z6 for about a week before I returned it for the Leupold. The optics are better compared to the Bushnell.

Bodee wrote:

I had the Bushnell Tour Z6 for about a week before I returned it for the Leupold. The optics are better compared to the Bushnell.

I chuckle a bit when a I read comments on optics... sure leupold is better, used by military, etc. but the blue tint was annoying to me, and how good do you need them to be? do people really notice a huge difference? they all have diopter adjustment etc. I wonder if that is sometimes the cause for one being judged better.
  • BodeeBodee Pucker Up Ball, You're going For A Ride! Members Posts: 1,106
    avgjoe wrote:

Bodee wrote:

I chuckle a bit when a I read comments on optics... sure leupold is better, used by military, etc. but the blue tint was annoying to me, and how good do you need them to be? do people really notice a huge difference? they all have diopter adjustment etc. I wonder if that is sometimes the cause for one being judged better.

Personally for me, I have no problem liking the optics in both the Bushnells and Leupolds. The blue tint doesn't bother me at all. I personally like the build of the Leupolds. People can like whatever they choose. Both companies make good units. But what sets them apart for me is the customer service of Leupold. By far the best.
    Cleveland Classic 270
    R11 3 Wood/Tee XCG-V 5 wood
    Ping i20's 3-PW
    Vokey 50,54
    Tour Issue Ghost Corza
    Srixon XV / Volvik /TP-X
  • JaySallemiJaySallemi Members Posts: 320 ✭✭
    i think it is awesome looking...def 500 out of my pocket
    I see it is starting to hit the stores. Will have to check it out. Hope I don't like it otherwise I'll have to sell my old one.
  • SF15SF15 Posts: 123
    We need a Tour X vs. GX-4i2 shootout with AND without the slope faceplate.
    has that been deemed conforming/"legal" yet? I guess there is precedent w leupold, so prob no worries
  • FREDDIE92COUPLESFREDDIE92COUPLES Members Posts: 33
    Had mine delivered yesterday. Can't wait to try it out when the snow finally melts.

• dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,539 mod
    Very nice.

And in a previous thread, someone claimed they were told by a Bushnell rep (I think) this wasnt going to be waterproof - which I had a hard time believing.

FWIW its clearly marked as waterproof on their website.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
    interesting (and more obvious) diopter adjustment. what is 'dual display'?
    avgjoe wrote:

interesting (and more obvious) diopter adjustment. what is 'dual display'?

Dual display is where you can switch between a bright red display or sharp black display.
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,296 ✭✭
    That has an odd shape to it. My Bushnel Z6 looks much cleaner in comparison. Of course I'm just judging by viewing with my smart phone. Maybe they look better in person.
  • Danny2Danny2 Long Island, NYPosts: 516 ✭✭
    Guys. TGW has it for 399.99. I don't know how long they will have this deal for but I had to take advantage of it. The only thing is I have to wait 'til the 1st week in April to get it.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 917D2 10.25* Oban Devotion 7
    Titleist 917F2 15* Oban Devotion 7
    Titleist 816H1 19* Diamana White
    Titleist 816H2 23* Diamana White
    Titleist 714 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour
    Vokey SM6 50*F Steel Grey KBS Tour
    Vokey SM6 54*F Steel Grey KBS Tour
    Vokey SM6 60*K Steel Gray KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
    Titleist ProV1X[/font]
  • kmokmo Members Posts: 656
    That's a great price I'm in the market since some a****** stole mine.