2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

757 speeder evolution tour spec

fujiman.757

Just bought one today! I'll let you know how it goes. I hit 4 balls with it at the range. It's in my 7.5 915 d3. It's deff tighter dispersion than last years 757. And much much smoother. Can't tell you much about the spin yet as I need to see where they are landing. But seemed to be lower as well. Compared to the 7.2 ts it seems smoother and just as tight dispersion wise. And maybe slightly higher launching but still a flat flight. I wanted something smoother than the rogues I have which are tipped up for summer time when the speed is there and I'm not bundled up. So far seems good but I have only been to the range.

Taylormade m6 8.0  t1100 85 6.5
Taylormade m5 15   T1100 95 6.5
Pxg gen 2 x 3 iron 
Miura MC 501 raw 4-w Nippon spb x
Miura 51 55 59 wedges s400 
Slighter custom Tacoma

If I had to put a description on flight alone I'd say fuel tour spec 70 launch and spin, but 10000x smoother. And also tighter dispersion.

Taylormade m6 8.0  t1100 85 6.5
Taylormade m5 15   T1100 95 6.5
Pxg gen 2 x 3 iron 
Miura MC 501 raw 4-w Nippon spb x
Miura 51 55 59 wedges s400 
Slighter custom Tacoma

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pleepers303' timestamp='1422730848' post='10857263']
Anyone know how the Evo TS compares to the regular Evo? I know the specs show that the TS has actually a higher torque and more flex to it, which seems counter intuitive seeing how it is labeled "Tour Spec".
[/quote]

I suspect the 661 specs on Fuji's site are reversed. Typically, the tour spec has the stiffer tip section. Can't imagine they reversed that for one shaft in the line.

[quote name='LONG&STR8 ' timestamp='1422725367' post='10856745']
[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1422722327' post='10856487']
Is the 57 evolution speeder tour spec that comes in the TM R15 real or made for?
[/quote]

I believe the 57 is the made for shaft in the regular R15 and the TP has a real Evo 661 TS.
[/quote]
I meant to say the 757 if that makes any difference.....

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1422732501' post='10857379']
[quote name='LONG&STR8 ' timestamp='1422725367' post='10856745']
[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1422722327' post='10856487']
Is the 57 evolution speeder tour spec that comes in the TM R15 real or made for?
[/quote]

I believe the 57 is the made for shaft in the regular R15 and the TP has a real Evo 661 TS.
[/quote]
I meant to say the 757 if that makes any difference.....
[/quote]

Got it. Thought you meant the speeder 57 in the non TP heads. The TP shafts are all real as far as I know.

[quote name='fujiman.757' timestamp='1422811083' post='10862497']
it is a made for shaft i just got my 757 evo tour spec, the ones in the taylormade are not the ones u get aftermarket just found out from a club builder they are watered down a little bit
[/quote]

So you are saying the Evo TS you bought looks different than the ones in the TP line? Or are you trusting your club builder's word?

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

[quote name='Johnny T' timestamp='1422811774' post='10862571']
it is a made for shaft i just got my 757 evo tour spec, the ones in the taylormade are not the ones u get aftermarket just found out from a club builder they are watered down a little bit
[/quote]

So you are saying the Evo TS you bought looks different than the ones in the TP line? Or are you trusting your club builder's word?
[/quote]
So does anyone know the answer to this for sure.......If a shaft works well for a player, it shouldn't matter, but it would be nice to know.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1422811998' post='10862595']
[quote name='Johnny T' timestamp='1422811774' post='10862571']
[/quote]

[/quote]
So does anyone know the answer to this for sure.......If a shaft works well for a player, it shouldn't matter, but it would be nice to know.
[/quote]

Historically, the TP shafts have been 'real deal' even when they were in TM paint schemes. I don't know for sure with the R15 line but I know the 661 Evo TS I've seen in the drivers look exactly like the pics on Fuji's site. I'm betting the TP shafts are 'real deal', just as they have always been. I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing someone that sells shafts for a living telling me a stock offering in a TM TP club is made for.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Has anyone tried last years 757 vs the Evo and evo tour spec and looked at numbers?

Cobra Speedzone 9.0 Tour AD-GP 6x
Cobra Radspeed Big Tour 14.5 Tour AD-TP 7X 
Cobra Speedzone Tour 17.5 Tour AD-HD 8x
Tee CB Pro U 21 Tour AD DI 95x
Cobra King Forged Irons 5-G Nippon Modus 130 S
Cobra King Versatile 56* 60* Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Kingston KP001 GSS

The one thing that makes me wonder they are possibly made for is in the r15 tp hybrids they have a speeder tour spec model in those too and nowhere online could I find that fuji even makes that shaft for a hybrid to buy outside of taylormade.
I ordered a evo and evo ts for my titleist woods will be able to do some comparisons as my friend has a r15 with the tour spec that came with the driver.

2017 Tour issue M2 9.5 Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
2016 Tour issue M2 15 Tensei Pro Blue 80 TX
Titelst T-MB 2 Tour Issue AMT X100
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 X
48 SM6 Tour KBS C Taper 130 X
54,60 SM6 w/ Tour Issue S400 Onyx
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2 Button Back

[quote name='Kalicardplayer28' timestamp='1422813244' post='10862735']
Has anyone tried last years 757 vs the Evo and evo tour spec and looked at numbers?
[/quote]

Someone did post some numbers up a few weeks ago but I just spent half an hour looking for that post but couldn't find it. Maybe someone with a better memory can recall what topic it was in. They also had the Fuji Pro TS in there. Sorry I couldn't help more.

[quote name='SHIVAN' timestamp='1422732272' post='10857353']
[quote name='pleepers303' timestamp='1422730848' post='10857263']
Anyone know how the Evo TS compares to the regular Evo? I know the specs show that the TS has actually a higher torque and more flex to it, which seems counter intuitive seeing how it is labeled "Tour Spec".
[/quote]

I suspect the 661 specs on Fuji's site are reversed. Typically, the tour spec has the stiffer tip section. Can't imagine they reversed that for one shaft in the line.
[/quote]
I thought the same thing when I saw the specs on the pro and pro TS but verified the numbers were correct. Even though they don't make sense..

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1089843-fujikuras-speeder-757-661-569-and-474-evolution-shafts-shot-at-fujikura-hq/page__hl__%20evolution__st__30

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='400yards+' timestamp='1421696558' post='10777693']
Just bought one today! I'll let you know how it goes. I hit 4 balls with it at the range. It's in my 7.5 915 d3. It's deff tighter dispersion than last years 757. And much much smoother. Can't tell you much about the spin yet as I need to see where they are landing. But seemed to be lower as well. Compared to the 7.2 ts it seems smoother and just as tight dispersion wise. And maybe slightly higher launching but still a flat flight. I wanted something smoother than the rogues I have which are tipped up for summer time when the speed is there and I'm not bundled up. So far seems good but I have only been to the range.
[/quote]

Nice write up

For reference , the Motore speeder vc 8.2 tip butt torque = 76, 63 , 2.7

757 evo TS = tip butt torque = 90, 68, 2.6

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 11 months later...

This is incorrect. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Kyle

cleardot.gif

5/6/15

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to Chad, Stephanie

cleardot.gif

It was purchased directly from taylormade in an r15 tp driver. Are these real deal shafts in the R15 TP? Do you recommend any tipping or is it designed for no tipping?

cleardot.gif

Attachments area

icon_1_image_x16.png

profile_mask2.png

Chad Embrey <[email protected]>

5/6/15

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me, Stephanie

cleardot.gif

Kyle,

My confusion I just assumed since you questioned the tipping it was a third party purchase. These a definitely real deal structures. We sell the same shaft in our aftermarket catalog. I think that Taylormade might tip theirs a little bit before installation but I don’t know that for certain. There is 2.5 inches of parallel tip so if you want to tip it you are welcome to take some off.

Cheers,

Chad

Chad Embrey

Project Manager

t:
| c:
| f:
| m:
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

I thought the same thing when I saw the specs on the pro and pro TS but verified the numbers were correct. Even though they don't make sense..

"The Evolution Tour Spec is slightly stiffer in the tip and softer in the butt than the same flex Speeder Evolution. This creates a propensity to launch and spin lower that the Evolution designs...The stiffer the tip in relation to the butt, the maximum bend point of the shaft is higher on the shaft. Hence, the lower the propensity of that shaft to loft and spin the ball."

http://www.golfshaftreviews.info/index.php/category/categories/fujikura/

This article also states that the TM evo TS is made in china while "the speeder" (not sure which shaft they are referring to, maybe regular speeder) is manufactured in japan. If I had to guess i'd say the TM evo TS has the same design and profile as the aftermarket Fuji evo TS but is just mass produced in china on TM's line rather than at Fuji in Japan. Probably cheaper for TM but potentially also worse tolerances/quality. Like many others, still not 100% on the legitimacy of the no-upcharge TM evo TS when the regular evo is a $200 upcharge.

• 10 months later...

This is a really old thread but there is some misinformation that needs to be cleared up.

TM Fuji Evo TS is the real deal shaft, the Evo TS is however a lower cost shaft than the standard Evo. The main differences are:

1) Speeder Evo is made in Japan, the Evo TS is made in China.

2) Speeder Evo uses T1100, Evo TS does not.

3) Speeder Evo produces more ball speed for most, the Evo TS launches and spins lower.

As pointed out above the tech specs were flipped on Fuji's website at one time but it now correctly shows the TS to be stiffer and have a lower torque value.

I personally love the TS version as it gives me the best performance. The Blue Evo launches and spins too much, the Evo II is too counterbalanced. The Evo TS is the best combination of the two, though ball speeds are slightly lower due to a difference in materials.

Most may be aware of this by now but I wanted to clear it up for anyone who searches this thread in the future.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

• 2 years later...

> @Sef said:

> This is a really old thread but there is some misinformation that needs to be cleared up.

>

>

>

> TM Fuji Evo TS is the real deal shaft, the Evo TS is however a lower cost shaft than the standard Evo. The main differences are:

>

>

>

> 1) Speeder Evo is made in Japan, the Evo TS is made in China.

>

>

>

> 2) Speeder Evo uses T1100, Evo TS does not.

>

>

>

> 3) Speeder Evo produces more ball speed for most, the Evo TS launches and spins lower.

>

>

>

> As pointed out above the tech specs were flipped on Fuji's website at one time but it now correctly shows the TS to be stiffer and have a lower torque value.

>

>

>

> I personally love the TS version as it gives me the best performance. The Blue Evo launches and spins too much, the Evo II is too counterbalanced. The Evo TS is the best combination of the two, though ball speeds are slightly lower due to a difference in materials.

>

>

>

>

>

> Most may be aware of this by now but I wanted to clear it up for anyone who searches this thread in the future.

I did find this, and I did find it very insightful and helpful. Thanks!