Superstroke Help

Hey guys,

I was just debating if I should make the jump to Superstroke or not. What do you think?

If you think it's worthwhile, do you think the flatso or round line is better and why?

Does the flatso help a different kind of stroke?

Thanks,

Golfer8612

Comments

• dmack123dmack123 Members Posts: 8
    I've had good success with my Flatso Ultra. I liked it better than the bigger models.Highly recommend trying.I've netted quite a few skins with this set up.

Titleist D2 9.5 white board 72
    Callaway X hot2 pro 15 3 wood
    Callaway X hot2 pro 23&18 hybrids
    Callaway X hot pro 5 - pw
    Odessey Dart blade W SS ultra
    Vokey sm4 50,54,60
  • bruinsPATSirishbruinsPATSirish Golf is hard. Members Posts: 6,429
    I have gone back and forth from Superstroke to traditional midsize putter grips for the last 4-5 years since they became popular. I go a month or two with the Superstroke and then end up wanting to go back to a more traditional grip. I have putted great with both, and I have putted terrible with both.

All about the feel. A lot of people love them, maybe you would too
    bruinsPATSirish WITB!
    Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
    Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
    Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
    Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole
  • c5bubblechaserc5bubblechaser Members Posts: 434
    edited Nov 18, 2015 #4
    I am on my third SS and when I say third I mean I beared the expense of buying 2 I didn't like. I am overseas and don't have the luxury of a pro shop so I've tried (by accident) the 5.0. Laughed my a** off when it arrived. I then bought a 3.0 which fit my hand perfectly but I didn't like the putter I installed it on. I now play wi a SS slim 1.0. You have to do some research however because it changes the feel of the putter since they're so light! Read your putter specs and either buy a bigger SS or do what I did. 65g slim 1.0 with a 50g tour lock pro on my 33" odyssey versa 1. It has a 343g head but I put 7g of lead tape to equal the swing weight I wanted. I have shaved a consistent 6 putts off my round this year (by the way I countersunk the tour lock pro weight after this photo. It's much cleaner )
    CB
  • gpleonardgpleonard New Smyrna Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    Mid Slim 2.0 is about the best putter grip you can use. My personal grip of choice.
    Gil Leonard
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭

I just finished building my third Super Stroke gripped putter; this one with a Mid Slim 2.0 counter core 50 gm counterweight. This is my first counterbalanced putter built overlength to 37". No on course results yet, but indoor practice indicates that the putts hold the line extremely well due to a more consistent stroke.

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25°
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56°
    Rossa Tourismo 3 counterbalanced 37"