Cobra Putter

louslugger15louslugger15 Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
Stopped in Golf Headquarters today with my little guy to pass some time and see what they have in the used rack, As we're moving around the store I stop to see their new putter section. In between a few Cleveland putters and a belly putter I see grip with Cobra on it. Never seen a Cobra putter and their website has no info. It was a 33" mallet similar to an Odyssey #9 for $70. It had a milled face and rolled pretty smooth. Anybody have any info or seen one of these? I've been in there multiple times recently and never seen it. I guess I was distracted with the little guy cause for whatever reason I didn't get a pic

Comments

• Manz60Manz60 Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    there out there, was it an cobra optica? High MOI vertically and horizontally to resist twisting from off-center hits, something most of us should be playing.

M60

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cobra+putter&rlz=1T4ADFA_enCA437CA437&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=fN7KVPP4J4T4yQSTnoKgBQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=798&bih=441
  • louslugger15louslugger15 Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    I did a Google search, but none of those putters look like the one at the store. My OCD tendencies will more than likely force me bank to the store tomorrow to get a pic. Honestly I'll probably end up buying it cause I'm a sucker for playing something different.
  • beretta5spdberetta5spd free likes for everyone Members Posts: 312
    bobby grace made a bunch of putters for cobra back well over a decade ago. A couple different of mallet models were included.

The opticas were made a little more recent. None had milled faces as far as I know. Just a plain face with cobra logo or they have an insert.

A couple years ago cobra made a handful of putters for touring pros..... but they never made it to market. I was able to pick one of those few up and is now my gamer.

I would recommend buying it... especially if you're a cobra fan. They're definitely discussion pieces because cobra has been out of the putter game for years
    puttersig2_1.jpg
  • alanmonty10alanmonty10 Members Posts: 559

ScreenShot2014-12-30at52710PM.png

ScreenShot2014-12-30at52733PM.png

Why that is a great looking putter. What is it made off?
  • Stu-CoStu-Co Members Posts: 604 ✭✭

Not sure of the material, but I can tell you that we had Cobra rentals a few years ago and these putters came with them. They're a cast head with a milled face... nothing too special, but they are certainly just as nice as some other putters on the market. They actually had a milled version that Poulter was using for a while....

Driver: 917 D3 - 9.5* (B1)
    FW: 917 FD - 15* (B1)
    Hybrid: 816 - 18*
    Irons: Titleist (4-PW)
    Putter: SGC Custom 902
    Wedges: Vokey 52*, 56* & 60*
    I heard poulter only had that putter in play for two tournaments.

It's interests me that you say the cobra rentals came with these putters. The story I heard reported that only a few were made. I watch for cobra putters on eBay a few times per week for the last year and have not seen any.... At any time. I will keep watching for more of them. I purchased mine off the bst from a guy who is a cobra puma staffer who played in the 08 us open
    puttersig2_1.jpg
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    These putters are women's putters and come with certain Cobra women's sets. I believe they are stainless with skim milled faces.

There is also a mallet design. I saw both models in a shop near me and almost picked on up just to tinker with.

- Josh
  • louslugger15louslugger15 Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    Went back today. Guy at store said it was from a complete baffler set that the guy didn't want the putter. It feels great so I bought it. The guys in the store also thought felt good. Not sure why Cobra doesn't put these in the stores at a sub $100 price point.

Went back today. Guy at store said it was from a complete baffler set that the guy didn't want the putter. It feels great so I bought it. The guys in the store also thought felt good. Not sure why Cobra doesn't put these in the stores at a sub $100 price point.

very cool. I haven't seen that one before. enjoy it lou
    puttersig2_1.jpg
    Stu-Co wrote:

Not sure of the material, but I can tell you that we had Cobra rentals a few years ago and these putters came with them. They're a cast head with a milled face... nothing too special, but they are certainly just as nice as some other putters on the market. They actually had a milled version that Poulter was using for a while....

the putter you mention was different than the tour issue ones that Poulter had and I currently play. Here's a link to that putter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-Golf-Putter-Brand-New-35-Look-at-photos-New-in-Plastic-/251791870674?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item3a9ff70ad2
    puttersig2_1.jpg
  • AndersonGTAndersonGT Weekend Warrior Members Posts: 86
    Thought I would bump this. There are a few on Ebay now for only $69.99. They don't pop up very often. Tis the season!
    Current 2018 Bag:
    Ping G400 SFT or Cobra ZL Encore
    Cobra BioCell+ 3w
    Cleveland Launcher 14* 1i Hybrid
    Taylormade M2 Hybrids 19* and 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length 5i and 6i
    Cobra BioCell Irons 7i Through GW
    Taylormade ATV SW
    Scotty Pro Platinum Mil Spec
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members Posts: 1,632 ✭✭
    AndersonGT wrote:
    Thought I would bump this. There are a few on Ebay now for only $69.99. They don't pop up very often. Tis the season!

Just an FYI these are putters out of Cobra Fly Z XL box sets. Confirmed with greatgolfsales on eBay.
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
    Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • finchi5finchi5 Members Posts: 1,291
    That's quite a clean cut putter. That would sell for sure at the right pricepoint.
  • avgjoeavgjoe Members Posts: 4,999
    Another FYI, that's not a no9 style
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,015 ✭✭
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • circa3182circa3182 Midland, MIMembers Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Had a rental set in San Diego this spring with the Anser style putter. I fell in love with it after about five putts on the practice green and the magic stuck with me through the round. I’ve been tempted to eBay one but I have a feeling it won’t quite be the same.
  • goosekee2goosekee2 Clarion, IowaMembers Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I have never seen a Cobra putter before. Would be cool if they started making putters to see what they would be like nowadays.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5
    Cobra F7 3 Wood
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron
    Nike Vapor Speed 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54*
    Titleit Vokey SM7 60*
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5
  • bazinozbazinoz Members Posts: 499 ✭✭
    My Cobra CNC Classic. Beautiful version of an 8802.

Also got a Cobra Blade 001. Also an 8802 variant.

IMG_1377.jpg
  • armyhawk3342armyhawk3342 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    bazinoz wrote:

IMG_1377.jpg

This looks amazing
    Driver: Cobra F8+ (9.5*)
    UDI: Taylormade Gapr Lo (17*)
    Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5*)
    Hybrid: Cobra F7 (22*), Cobra F8 (25*)
    Irons: Cobra King Pro MB Black (6-PW)
    Wedges: Taylormade Hi-Toe (50*, 56*, 60*)
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tess
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X
  • FadeFaceFadeFace Members Posts: 105
    Like that putter !
  • bazinozbazinoz Members Posts: 499 ✭✭

bazinoz wrote:

This looks amazing

FadeFace wrote:

Like that putter !

By popular demand, here's a front on pic image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

IMG_1345.jpg

and another. I won't go on tho image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

IMG_1375.jpg