SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

anyone hit these??

Comments

• MarkCPAMarkCPA Members Posts: 1,287 ✭✭
    Still more than a month out based on the Wrx story. Interesting idea given the founder's background. I'd have no problem ordering if the ball performs.
    Taylor Made 2017 M1 driver 10.5*
    Mizuno GT180 15* FW
    Mizuno 2017 CLK 19* hybrid
    Callaway Rogue Pro irons 4 - PW
    Vokey TM7 wedges - 54* & 58*
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne - 33"
  • duffer888duffer888 Members Posts: 1,874
    I'd give them a try. Snell helped make the ProV1 and when he switched to TM, he created the first TP Black, which is still my favorite ball ever.
    What's in the Swift X?
    Ping driver
    Callaway fairways
    Ping irons
    TM ball
    SeeMore mFPG
  • SteelieDSteelieD Posts: 126
    Looks like they are available to order... http://snellgolf.com/

Who's going to be the first to jump in?
    Titleist 913 D2 and Titleist 910f
    TM Rescue '11
    Ping i20's
    Mizuno MP T4 52/56/60
    SC Circa 62 #3
    Titleist Pro V1x
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,056 ✭✭
    Most of the technology used today is attributed to him. I'd be more than willing to try a sleeve.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • Gauchograd99Gauchograd99 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    Interesting... but I will wait for others to give them a shot. Too many balls in storage right now anyway.
    Razr-FIT Ext. 8.5deg, Black Tie (S)
    XHotPro 13.5deg, stock stiff
    TM Stage2Pro 18.5deg (set low), stiff. (Currently NOT in bag)
    Cleveland TA1 1 iron (Currently NOT in bag)
    Callaway Apex MB Steelfiber i110cw 3-PW
    Mizuno MP-T4 (50/6)
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54/10
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 58/8
    Odyssey MXM #6 "Versa," 35in.
    http://www.gamegolf....er/gauchograd99

Member of the OGA (Outlaw Golf Association) # 6.022*10^23
  • SeekonkHolen1SeekonkHolen1 Swing Hard and Look up Members Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    duffer888 wrote:
    I'd give them a try. Snell helped make the ProV1 and when he switched to TM, he created the first TP Black, which is still my favorite ball ever.

If I'm not mistaken he also designed the Maxfli BlackMax while Maxfli was a TaylorMade company, which was before they launched the TaylorMade line of golfballs. Today's BlackMax is horrible, but when the BlackMax was first introduced as a urethane cover 3 piece ball it was spectacular!!
  • deetsaldeetsal deetsal Posts: 1,380 ✭✭

duffer888 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken he also designed the Maxfli BlackMax while Maxfli was a TaylorMade company, which was before they launched the TaylorMade line of golfballs. Today's BlackMax is horrible, but when the BlackMax was first introduced as a urethane cover 3 piece ball it was spectacular!!
    i HAVE ABOUT 50 USED TOUR BLACK MAX AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.
  • I'd be willing.. May order a dozen. Probably wouldn't even need to mark my ball! Not yet anyway image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
    Callaway X2Hot 3 deep
    Adams Super S 3H
    Ping ISI-S 4-PW, S1, S3
    Cleveland Classic, Superstroke SSR2
    Snell MTB
  • Mozjo33Mozjo33 I play a lot...just not well. Members Posts: 532 ✭✭
    They sell a testing pack for $26.99. 6 Tour and 6 Soft. Think I'm gonna give it a try.

http://snellgolf.com/products/testing-pack/
    deetsaol wrote:

duffer888 wrote:

i HAVE ABOUT 50 USED TOUR BLACK MAX AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.

Dude - All Caps. You mad bro?

I'm guessing you bought the surlyn ones? If that's the case, they make great range balls lol
  • deetsaldeetsal deetsal Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    SplashShot wrote:

I'd be willing.. May order a dozen. Probably wouldn't even need to mark my ball! Not yet anyway image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    tHAT IS TRUELY A GREAT PICTURE. I can fit 55 balls into a flat rate padded bage for 5.99, I'll fill the bag if you like! Just tell me what to do and how much you want to pay? I am a newbie here. they are 3A+ to 5A. Am I alowed to do this here???????? ray
  • AjlepistoAjlepisto Members Posts: 2,358
    Aside from the model names, they look like a cool idea. Snell is okay...but my tour ball sounds like a youtube channel.
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,713 ✭✭
    Graphics are pretty ordinary. I know it's about how it plays but looks still count.
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,825 ✭✭
    edited Feb 8, 2015 #15
    31.99 shipped is a good price...who's gonna be the first to try:)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cane700cane700 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭
    Id be surprised if this venture does well. The big names blow out their premium lines for less (sometimes mid season). Plus Pro V1 clones can be had for $20 dozen from MG golf. Even with the guy's reputation It seems like a tough market to break into.
  • riehlgriehlg Lets Go Pens Members Posts: 927
    cane700 wrote:

Id be surprised if this venture does well. The big names blow out their premium lines for less (sometimes mid season). Plus Pro V1 clones can be had for $20 dozen from MG golf. Even with the guy's reputation It seems like a tough market to break into.
    I don't think it would be too incredibly hard for him to make money in the market. Yes you're going to have people that are going to play the Pro V1 no matter what but if you can get a good following going (especially with his credentials) and not needing to spend lots of advertising dollars and just sell directly to the customer, you can save a lot of money doing that way and he should be able to turn a profit. I know a lot of people who don't like the premium balls just because of the cost but if you can get an equal ball for 32 bucks shipped to your door then that's a whole lot better than paying 45-50. Yes there's also the used market too but some people just want to open a sleeve and know the balls are brand new or have to deal with returns or balls that are graded wrong.
    Titleist 915D2 10.5º - Diamana Blue 60 S+
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 4W 17º - Aldila Tour Green
    Adams Pro Hybrid 3H 20º - Aldila Tour Red
    Cobra AMP Forged (4-P) - KBS Tour S+
    Mizuno MP-T5 50º
    Taylormade Tour Preffered ATV 54º
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 U-Grind 58º
    Seemore FGP - SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 (Blue)
    Bridgestone B330-RXS
  • JustTheTipsJustTheTips Members Posts: 2,042
    riehlg wrote:

cane700 wrote:

I don't think it would be too incredibly hard for him to make money in the market. Yes you're going to have people that are going to play the Pro V1 no matter what but if you can get a good following going (especially with his credentials) and not needing to spend lots of advertising dollars and just sell directly to the customer, you can save a lot of money doing that way and he should be able to turn a profit. I know a lot of people who don't like the premium balls just because of the cost but if you can get an equal ball for 32 bucks shipped to your door then that's a whole lot better than paying 45-50. Yes there's also the used market too but some people just want to open a sleeve and know the balls are brand new or have to deal with returns or balls that are graded wrong.

Problem is that I can buy brand new tour balls from Nike, Taylormade, Bridgestone, and the rest for ~30 bucks (buy 2 get 1 free is the common way) on a pretty regular basis. Heck even the Pro v1 regularly does a buy 3 get 1 free sale that gets the price down to 35 bucks or so. I am sure it is as good of ball as those but if it is only as good and costs the same, why am I buying it?
  • rainkingjrrainkingjr Members Posts: 2,567 ✭✭
    Guess I'll be first to jump in. Just ordered one dozen of the tour ball. Fingers crossed. At 31.99 shipped, this could be the start of some real long term savings.
  • tmfool tmfool Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    ordered two dozen last week -

Dean Snell has 38 golf ball patents with his name on them. Just a guess - but I expect his new tour ball will be similar to Project (a)

website is well done:

http://snellgolf.com/
    TP MC 6-PW Steelfiber i95
    UDI 3-4-5 steelfiber i95
    Puglielli Black 52&56 s/fiber i125
    Adams XTD Superhybrid 17* s/fiber i110
    Superfast TP 13* Matrix HD7
    M2 9.5 (upright) Matrix 7M3
    SC Studio Select custom
    Snell MTB
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,293 ✭✭
    My Tour ball and Get Sum? They might be good balls but the names have got to be changed. Dumber than "Lethal".
    cristphoto wrote:
    My Tour ball and Get Sum? They might be good balls but the names have got to be changed. Dumber than "Lethal".

It could actually be marketing genius - name the ball something ridiculous to get people talking about it and create some buzz. Actually seems to be working
  • Gauchograd99Gauchograd99 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    As soon as one of you guinea pigs gets a chance to play with it, PLEASE post a review in here. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> My personal hope is that they are better than the Pro V's and TP's of the world and for that much less. If not, they should still be a great ball at a much more reasonable price.
    Razr-FIT Ext. 8.5deg, Black Tie (S)
    XHotPro 13.5deg, stock stiff
    TM Stage2Pro 18.5deg (set low), stiff. (Currently NOT in bag)
    Cleveland TA1 1 iron (Currently NOT in bag)
    Callaway Apex MB Steelfiber i110cw 3-PW
    Mizuno MP-T4 (50/6)
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54/10
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 58/8
    Odyssey MXM #6 "Versa," 35in.
    http://www.gamegolf....er/gauchograd99

Member of the OGA (Outlaw Golf Association) # 6.022*10^23
  • rainkingjrrainkingjr Members Posts: 2,567 ✭✭
    I'll post as soon as I get a round in. As for the name, it isn't what I would have chosen, but I'll be darned if I'm not going to use a quality product because of the name.
  • golf9596golf9596 Members Posts: 2,076 ✭✭
    rainkingjr wrote:

Guess I'll be first to jump in. Just ordered one dozen of the tour ball. Fingers crossed. At 31.99 shipped, this could be the start of some real long term savings.

Just did the same. If I like them great deal, if not it's not the first $30 I blew…….LOL
    Driver Ping G410-Tensei Orange-70-S
    3 Wood M6 Project-X 75-S
    TM Stage 2 #3 Hybrid-Speeder-S
    Srixon Z-Blades 4-PW LZ-6.0
    Putter.....Odyssey #1 wide Stroke Lab 33.5"
    Vokey Custom 52* SM7......Mac Daddy PM..58*
    Jones Original
    Pro V 1 (2017)
  • dbleagdbleag Members Posts: 2,876 ✭✭
    Anybody else think that Dean Snell looks like Frank Nobilo with a few extra pounds?
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,584 ✭✭
    edited Feb 8, 2015 #27

duffer888 wrote:

Absolutely loved the original black max.
    Ping g410 
    Cobra F8  VA Raijin
    Cobra F9 VA Raijin
    Ping S55 Accra 110 tour
    Ping glide stealth Accra 110 tour
    Bettinardi limited minovai
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,584 ✭✭
    I like the which ball is right for you chart and the review on my tour ball by Jeff is also the same guy that wrote for their blog on their website.
    Ping g410 
    Cobra F8  VA Raijin
    Cobra F9 VA Raijin
    Ping S55 Accra 110 tour
    Ping glide stealth Accra 110 tour
    Bettinardi limited minovai
  • mwundermwunder Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    I will certainly try the ball, but golf in WI won't be happening for some time!
  • JJGoloJJGolo Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Supposed to be cheap, but still not that cheap.
  • AjlepistoAjlepisto Members Posts: 2,358
    Be interesting to see these stacked up against the MG balls.