SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

Comments

• crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Members Posts: 1,176 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

Snell Golf wrote:

I got tied up Friday and forgot all about the BF sale��
    sale ends at midnight tonight, so still time... use code BLACKFRIDAY18 in the promo code for $25 per doz (2 doz min order).... thanks..

Thanks. But didn’t I read that the Red (yellow) are sold out?
    Yes, it looks like the Red / Yellows are out of stock. I was going to buy a couple of dozen but it looks like I will have to wait.
    RED yellow is sold out.. we have had some issues with the supplier, and have been working on a new solution that I think you all will like much better... testing is complete.. ball is very good... and addressed some of the concerns with MTB RED... and yes, it will be in yellow... hope to have all the details to you after the first of the year... but it will be worth the wait...for now, we will keep the $26.99 price for MTB RED and MTB BLACK til the end of December, so continue to take advantage of the big savings...

Thanks Dean. I have become a loyal fan and have no problem waiting. It's too cold to play in Nebraska anyway.
    • Driver: ________ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _______ Ping G410 3 & 5 woods
    • Hybrids: ______ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ___________ Snell MTB-X Yellow
    • Bag: ___________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: ___________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7
    • GHIN: _________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,671 ClubWRX

Snell Golf wrote:

Snell Golf wrote:

I got tied up Friday and forgot all about the BF sale��
    sale ends at midnight tonight, so still time... use code BLACKFRIDAY18 in the promo code for $25 per doz (2 doz min order).... thanks..

Thanks. But didn’t I read that the Red (yellow) are sold out?
    Yes, it looks like the Red / Yellows are out of stock. I was going to buy a couple of dozen but it looks like I will have to wait.
    RED yellow is sold out.. we have had some issues with the supplier, and have been working on a new solution that I think you all will like much better... testing is complete.. ball is very good... and addressed some of the concerns with MTB RED... and yes, it will be in yellow... hope to have all the details to you after the first of the year... but it will be worth the wait...for now, we will keep the $26.99 price for MTB RED and MTB BLACK til the end of December, so continue to take advantage of the big savings...

Thanks Dean. I have become a loyal fan and have no problem waiting. It's too cold to play in Nebraska anyway.

We played in Nebraska today!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 543 ✭✭
    BrianMcG wrote:

Got 6 dozen in today. Does Dean sign every purchase order? I actually thought that was kinda neat.
    I try to write a short thank you note to everyone... if I am in the office, I come in early every morning, print the packing slips and write a short thank you note of appreciation for the support... if someone gets a slip not signed, it is because I was on the road...
    Snell Golf wrote:

BrianMcG wrote:

Got 6 dozen in today. Does Dean sign every purchase order? I actually thought that was kinda neat.
    I try to write a short thank you note to everyone... if I am in the office, I come in early every morning, print the packing slips and write a short thank you note of appreciation for the support... if someone gets a slip not signed, it is because I was on the road...

Just one of the little things that has made me a convert.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,273 ✭✭

Snell Golf wrote:

BrianMcG wrote:

Yep. Two of the 6 dozen i got are going as a gift to a brother in law. He will be converted too.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
    BrianMcG wrote:

Snell Golf wrote:

BrianMcG wrote:

Yep. Two of the 6 dozen i got are going as a gift to a brother in law. He will be converted too.

I got started on them when I won four dozen on a WRX giveaway around Christmas last year. Since I knew pretty quickly which ball I preferred, I gave away most of the black (even sent some sleeeves to members here to try) to friends. Spread the word (and the balls)!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,286 ✭✭
    edited Nov 29, 2018 #3908
    BrianMcG wrote:

Snell Golf wrote:

BrianMcG wrote:

th_resistance%20is%20futile_zpsbt3jnkn4.png
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • DFinchDFinch Members Posts: 1,374 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

BrianMcG wrote:

I just got the first shipment ever that didn't have your note in it. I'm keeping the balls but I'm sending the packing slip back because it's defective.

image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Evenflow White / Cobra F6 3W 14.5* / Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* / Maltby TS2 DG105 X100 / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Evnroll ER8 Gravity Grip / Snell MTB X
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,667 ✭✭
    I just received my 1st ever order of two dozen MTB Red. It's winter here in "The People's Republic of Maryland" so I may not play them until I get a chance to

head south or wait until spring time.

I want to give them a fair evaluation VS Pro V-1X & Z Star XV
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    DFinch wrote:

Snell Golf wrote:

BrianMcG wrote:

I just got the first shipment ever that didn't have your note in it. I'm keeping the balls but I'm sending the packing slip back because it's defective.

image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    haha... this weeks shipments will not be signed... working on some new things and just got back yesterday..
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

I just received my 1st ever order of two dozen MTB Red. It's winter here in "The People's Republic of Maryland" so I may not play them until I get a chance to

I wonder if PRoM is ever worse than PRoC. Compared to the PRoM standard, there is no winter in PRoC.
    WWG1 WGA
  • HsteadHstead Members Posts: 6,327 ✭✭
    Received my 8 dozen from the sale. Will bust out the Black for the first time Saturday. Just in time I only have a dozen MTBs left.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
    Callaway Epic Subzero 15* Diamana D+
    Titleist 818 H1
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6-P, 5 Forged, 4 Hot Metal KBS Tour X
    Titleist TVD 56* and 60* V Grind S400
    Directed Force
    Snell
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,667 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

Tzoid wrote:

I wonder if PRoM is ever worse than PRoC. Compared to the PRoM standard, there is no winter in PRoC.

Watch the news and see what goes on in Baltimore.... Marysland is Kalifornia East.... with a Republican Governor. image/busted_cop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted_cop:' />
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • GwrxModGwrxMod Marshals Posts: 1,422 mod
    Topic cleaned up.

Keep responses on topic.
  • illum1na71illum1na71 Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    I played the MTB Black for the first time on thanksgiving. It was a shorter course, so I couldn't really compare distance off the tee against the TP5x ball I normally play. But, as for spin, feel and distance control, man I think it was awesome. felt great off the irons and of the wedge and putter it was really good. I almost forgot I wasn't playing my TP5x it's that good..
    Gosh, I wasn’t gone very long. Wonder what happened in the meantime that this thread needed a cleanup? I thought it was mostly people all in agreement (other than red or black)
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,355 ✭✭
    Dean - don't know if this has been covered in the 130 pages of this thread....

Is there any merit to the little contraptions that find the ball's Balanced Equator? I'm not trying to sound like Bryson just wondering if there's anything to it.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • TNGolfer8TNGolfer8 Members Posts: 249 ✭✭

Gosh, I wasn’t gone very long. Wonder what happened in the meantime that this thread needed a cleanup? I thought it was mostly people all in agreement (other than red or black)

Wondering the same thing......
    Driver-PIng G400 Max
    3W- Ping G400
    5W-Wishon 949mc
    25* Maltby Tour Hybrid
    5-GW- Maltby TE Forged
    SW- Ping Glide 2.0 56*
    LW- Ping Glide 2.0 60*
    Maltby Pure Track Tour Milled Blade Putter
    Ball- Snell MTB Black

Also frequently used-
    Wishon 919 thi
    Maltby UFW 7W
  • TPG1971TPG1971 Don't Get Rolled Members Posts: 959 ✭✭
    I just bought two dozen MTB black on the Black Friday deal. I cannot wait to play these after reading so many good things. The website said 7-10 days for shipping, I got them in two! Of course I am sort of up the road from where the shipped from, but if that's the case every time consider me converted. Thanks, Dean.
    PING G30 9.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 63 Stiff
    Titleist 917F 16.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
    PING G410 19* Hybrid Mitsubishi CK Pro Blue 80 Stiff
    PING I200 4-PW Red Dot AWT 2.0 R Hard Stepped once
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Red Dot AWT Wedge Flex
    RTX-3 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
    Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
    Cameron 009 A012056
  • fishermanfisherman Members Posts: 93
    Saw a dozen on the shelf at a local Big 5 sporting goods, only one. Never seen them in s retail store before.
  • hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 330 ✭✭

There was a political comment that got removed
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus
    FW: Ping Anser 4 wood
    Irons: Ping i210 4-U
    Wedges: 54/58 MD Forged
    Putter: Odyssey #7

Ball: revolving door
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Is there any merit to the little contraptions that find the ball's Balanced Equator? I'm not trying to sound like Bryson just wondering if there's anything to it.

Hi... I personally do not think there is a value to doing this.. but it is up to the player... the processing and specs are very tight, and have done a lot of testing in the past where the out of round balance has to be real bad to see real differences in flight... for putting, if we all putted on pool tables, this would be better to use.. but since we have grass and friction, the differences are very small and in my opinion not really noticeable. if it makes a player feel better to know that this is the true balance point, and instills a sense of confidence, then these will work to find that point.
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    Played another round with my shrinking stock of MTB red (yellow) and am still in love with the ball. I have so many “almost aces” with this ball that I’m sure I’ll get the magical one one day soon.

Thanks for the great product Dean and Snell
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    Played another round with my shrinking stock of MTB red (yellow) and am still in love with the ball. I have so many “almost aces” with this ball that I’m sure I’ll get the magical one one day soon.

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,355 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Hi... I personally do not think there is a value to doing this.. but it is up to the player... the processing and specs are very tight, and have done a lot of testing in the past where the out of round balance has to be real bad to see real differences in flight... for putting, if we all putted on pool tables, this would be better to use.. but since we have grass and friction, the differences are very small and in my opinion not really noticeable. if it makes a player feel better to know that this is the true balance point, and instills a sense of confidence, then these will work to find that point.

Fair enough, thank you for the response.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    I was packing for a golf trip a couple of weeks ago and checked my bag.

I had some Pro Vs, some Chrome Softa, some TM Project As, and only one Snell MTB Black left.

I was actually a little panicked... Tells me everything I need to know about how much I like playing this ball.
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭
    So I generally like to play a yellow ball here through winter because of all the leave and what not and had been playing the MTB Black based on Dan’s suggestion. How does the Red compare? Previously played V1x, Z Star XV and actually the Tour BX-S but have played the regular V1 in the past.
    Ping G410 Plus PX Small Batch Smoke Yellow 6.5
    Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
    Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
    drvrwdge wrote:

So I generally like to play a yellow ball here through winter because of all the leave and what not and had been playing the MTB Black based on Dan’s suggestion. How does the Red compare? Previously played V1x, Z Star XV and actually the Tour BX-S but have played the regular V1 in the past.
    we are sold out of RED (Yellow) this year.. supplier can not keep up with our PO's, so we are making a change to this to further improve the balls, and offer in both white and yellow early next year.. we will update everyone soon on the plans, as testing is complete and looks great..
    Stanks wrote:

I got one earlier this year with a Red (yellow). I think this thread was the only place on WRX I posted about it.

Snell Golf wrote:

drvrwdge wrote:

we are sold out of RED (Yellow) this year.. supplier can not keep up with our PO's, so we are making a change to this to further improve the balls, and offer in both white and yellow early next year.. we will update everyone soon on the plans, as testing is complete and looks great..

Glad I got a couple dozen a month or so ago. I think it’s telling how good this ball is (performance and visibility) that supply can’t keep up with demand.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • MiddlerMiddler Members Posts: 366
    edited Dec 6, 2018 #3931
    Got my 4 dozen MTB Blacks with the Black Friday sale. Too bad it's in the 20's with snow on the ground here now. Buddy of mine went cross country skiing yesterday, on my regular golf course...sigh.
    CALLAWAY Rogue 10.5° & 3W 15°
    MIZUNO CLK 3 Hybrid 19°
    MIZUNO JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10 & 60.06
    EVNROLL ER2
    SNELL MTB Black
    OGIO Silencer